Tennis - April 9-15

The women play in Copenhagen this week on an indoor hard court, while there is also a clay event in Barcelona. For the men, we have two ATP Tour events - Casablanca (clay) and Houston (clay). There are also Challenger events in Pereira (clay), Mersin (clay), Blumenau (clay) and Leon (hard).

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - April 9-15 Nothing to play today, but I found nice pick for tomorrow. I think it is worth to back Cirstea in her match vs. Hercog. Polona had a long week in Charleston, ended with terrible semi final match vs. Safarova. She played almost the same poor tennis as Zvonareva day before. Now she is moving to Barcelona, so maybe she will not be fit 100% (jet lag etc.). In the other hand Cirstea had a great begin of the season. Some decent play in AO and Pattaya. The last game she played in Miami and she lost almost won game... (as many that week). Now after a week of rest she is probably more fit and relaxed than Hercog and from what I saw in last Charleston game I have to back Cirstea @2.00 in bet365

Re: Tennis - April 9-15 WTA obviously... :lol Dominika Cibulkova vs Iryna Bremond. Under 18.5 games. 1.80 @ Bwin (6/10) Bremond has arrived at the wrong tournament. She should not be playing WTA tour level. Never! Bremond has not managed to win more than 4 games in her last 5 matches on tour and most of those were against average players. Cibulkova can play on clay very well and there are no obvious weapons Bremond can use to get something out of this match. Even 6-2, 6-4 will work here and I'm on it. Mona Barthel vs Johanna Larsson. Under 18.5 games @ Bet365 (6/10) Larsson with no form this year and I don't expect her to get some until she starts playing on clay. That's her best surface. She's only here because it's near her home - Denmark close to Sweden, so you have to play. Barthel is having her best season and on her day can knock out even best players in the world. Not to mention the likes of Larsson who was recently beaten 6-2, 6-4 by Lepchenko on the same surface. Now, Lepchenko is nobody, so why wouldn't Barthel beat Larsson easily? Laura Pous-Tio to beat Barbora Zahlavova Strycova. 2.05 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Pous-Tio play only on clay and playing at home should bring out the best of her. She beat Strycova at the very same tournament last year 6-3, 6-3 and I would not bet against getting the same result. Strycova is really pathetic tennis player and most of the time can't hold onto her lead or take her chances. Besides she has not beaten much lately either. Angelique Kerber -5.5 vs Stephanie Foretz Gacon. 1.91 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Expect Kerber to kill Gacon with her lefty serve and forehand. Gacon not meant for this level, besides really struggles on her own serve. She has not played much against quality opponents this year but when she has, there have been some really embarrassing results. Even Peng managed to beat her 6-1, 6-0 recently. Kerber has won their only meeting 4-6, 6-2, 6-0 in Australian Open qualies in 2009. So The last two sets have been a walkover.

Re: Tennis - April 9-15 Zeballos - Ungur Nice odds for Zeballos here. He is the numner 117 off the ATP World Tour ranking, but he like to play on this surface. It's his favorite surface and he play a lot off matches in 2012 on this surface. The Romenian Ungur play also a lot off matches on this surface. Only we see play him at the most time on the challengers. But i think he can't make a change against this Zeballos, who playing good the last weeks. The have only one head 2 head meeting in the history. Zeballos beat Ungur this year in Vina del Mar (same surface) with 60 75 3/10 Zeballos tb. Ungur @ 1.68 Pinnacle

Re: Tennis - April 9-15 Starace - Bautista Agut Starace lost last week the final in the ATP Challenger in Barletta. But he play great. Beat in straight sets Hanescu and beat in the semi-finals Volandri also in straight sets. But this are great results for the Italian who lost the final against a better Bedene. But his gameplay was great last week. Bautista-Agut stay a lot off lower at the World Ranking and don't play great last week in Barletta. He lost the first round against Volandri in straight bets. But he had taking more rest for this match. But this is the second match for him on this surface and i think he can't handle Starace he, who play a lot off more matches this year on this surface. 2/10 Starace tb. Bautista Agut @ 1.80 Bet365

Re: Tennis - April 9-15 Two bets so far for me. Rui Machado -3 games AH (v Sergio Gutierrez-Ferrol) @ 1.77 with allyoubet NAP Think the bookies are massively overrating Gutierrez-Ferrol. He's a Challenger player at best and comes up against a guy like Machado who has migrated from that circuit on to the main Tour. Far superior off the deck and has a good chance of boosting ranking further. Would expect him to do this comfortably against a man ranked in the 500s. Potito Starace -2 games AH (v Roberto Bautista-Agut) @ 1.90 with allyoubet Line is too short by my reckoning. Starace is a solid clay courter - top 50 on this surface easily - and although Bautitsa-Agut has had a good year, I feel the Italian will be too strong, especially on serve. Starace almost always makes the latter stages in Casablanca. It's a tournament he likes. Got to the final of Barletta last week so in good nick. :hope

Re: Tennis - April 9-15 You should be very cautious with starace, Italian was clearly injured from the begining of that barletta final where he lost 2-6 0-6. In fact he lost 10 straight games from 2-2 in 1st set.

Zeballos - Ungur Nice odds for Zeballos here. He is the numner 117 off the ATP World Tour ranking, but he like to play on this surface. It's his favorite surface and he play a lot off matches in 2012 on this surface. The Romenian Ungur play also a lot off matches on this surface. Only we see play him at the most time on the challengers. But i think he can't make a change against this Zeballos, who playing good the last weeks. The have only one head 2 head meeting in the history. Zeballos beat Ungur this year in Vina del Mar (same surface) with 60 75 3/10 Zeballos tb. Ungur @ 1.68 Pinnacle
Sorry there is no way in your right mind you can be suggesting zeb is a better clay ciurter than ungur? Have you even seen ungur play? Sent from my HTC Desire S using PL Forum

You should be very cautious with starace' date=' Italian was clearly injured from the begining of that barletta final where he lost 2-6 0-6. In fact he lost 10 straight games from 2-2 in 1st set.[/quote'] He cost me s heap of cash and the fact the son of a gun refused to retire was jus utterly disgusting, revolting infact.............! Sent from my HTC Desire S using PL Forum

Re: Tennis - April 9-15 Zeballos has more natural talent than Ungur but Zeballos is one of the biggest headcases on the tour, and he's also an extremely "untrustworthy" player. I'm sure a few on here would back me up. An on-form Zeballos, focused and motivated, would chew Ungur up for a sawdust, but he probably won't. Ungur's been quite promising in the last year and is the more lucid of the two.

Re: Tennis - April 9-15

You should be very cautious with starace' date=' Italian was clearly injured from the begining of that barletta final where he lost 2-6 0-6. In fact he lost 10 straight games from 2-2 in 1st set.[/quote'] Too late for me now but hopefully this helps others :ok

Re: Tennis - April 9-15 One for Houston. Odds drifting on my Casa selections but still happy with them. Ryan Sweeting (v Ricardo Mello) @ 1.80 with Allyoubet Sweeting is the defending champion. Now, he's in poor form but 1.80 on home soil in an event he's won before against a pretty average player is worth a shot for me. Mello came through the qualies and is a scrapper, but he's an ordinary server and I can see him getting out-hit by Sweeting. Reckon the defending champion can progress into the next round. :hope

Sorry there is no way in your right mind you can be suggesting zeb is a better clay ciurter than ungur? Have you even seen ungur play? Sent from my HTC Desire S using PL Forum
But i don;t like Ungur here against Zeballos in form. Think this will be a easy victory for Zeballos.

Zeballos has more natural talent than Ungur but Zeballos is one of the biggest headcases on the tour, and he's also an extremely "untrustworthy" player. I'm sure a few on here would back me up. An on-form Zeballos, focused and motivated, would chew Ungur up for a sawdust, but he probably won't. Ungur's been quite promising in the last year and is the more lucid of the two.
Couldn't disagree more with that Atko but respect your opinion and yes the fact zeb is a consistent headcse reinforces the inevitable victory for Ungur. Sent from my HTC Desire S using PL Forum

Couldn't disagree more with that stko but respect your opinion and yes the fact zeb is a consistent headcse reinforces the inevitable victory for Ungur. Sent from my HTC Desire S using PL Forum
All about opinions, that's the beauty of this game. No bet for me in that one. No result would be a major surprise to me. Hope Ungur wins purely because Zeballos has an serious attitude problem.

But i don;t like Ungur here against Zeballos in form. Think this will be a easy victory for Zeballos.
Please tell me who he has beaten to warrant this in form tag you are giving him? Ungur also reached the semis of a challenger recently losing to klizan who was in playing scintilating form that week. Sent from my HTC Desire S using PL Forum

All about opinions, that's the beauty of this game. No bet for me in that one. No result would be a major surprise to me. Hope Ungur wins purely because Zeballos has an serious attitude problem.
On clay ungur is top 50 on the planet imo ... He beat Lorenzi a few months ago who I seriously rate, lorenzi actually took a set of Nadal on clay. I agree I would never bet for zeb he's a disrespectful, arrogant athlete. Sent from my HTC Desire S using PL Forum

De Paula to beat massu clay tournament challenger ... Massu is a grandad now and da Paula is equiped to dispatch with him quite easily. This dude da Paula took a set of lorenzi last week. 1/2 odds paddy power some may ask where the value but trust me massu is shit now. Lorenzi to beat odesnik 5/6 paddy power Odesnik wins matches hustling ... And if you try and out hustle on clay lorenzi you will lose unless your top 40. Sent from my HTC Desire S using PL Forum

Andreev to beat istomin on clay Casablanca open... I got it for 11/10 on paddy power has since dropped to 4/7 ... Istomins form has come to an abrupt end and has since lost to brambi on clay in the Davis cup. Andreev meanwhile has shown real improvement psychologically ... I watched him against montanes and he looked really good. He's also had more time on clay this season. Sent from my HTC Desire S using PL Forum

Please tell me who he has beaten to warrant this in form tag you are giving him? Ungur also reached the semis of a challenger recently losing to klizan who was in playing scintilating form that week. Sent from my HTC Desire S using PL Forum
Recently not. But in my opinion i think Zeballos can win this match here. I don't know, but i don't like Ungur here. Maybe the odd for Zeballos is a bit to low.. But this is not a challenger, this is a other tourney. Klizan had a good form that week yeah, okay he have 4 titles in the Challenger Tour and 9 losing finals.. But its for me not saying enough here. We will see it tonight.

Recently not. But in my opinion i think Zeballos can win this match here. I don't know, but i don't like Ungur here. Maybe the odd for Zeballos is a bit to low.. But this is not a challenger, this is a other tourney. Klizan had a good form that week yeah, okay he have 4 titles in the Challenger Tour and 9 losing finals.. But its for me not saying enough here. We will see it tonight.
Okay. Sent from my HTC Desire S using PL Forum

Re: Tennis - April 9-15 First pick for tomorrow: Harrison - Bogomolov Good odds for the American here. Harrison had playing last weekend two matches on this surface against Tsonga and Simon. Against Tsonga he playing good but the Frenchmen will be make a lot of faults during this match. For Bogomolov this is the first match on this surface, in 2012 he had only play matches on Hardcourt. And I think he can’t win this match against the youngster in his own country. Both players did only play two matches on hardcourt against each other. One win for Harrison and one win for Bogomolov, both in 3 sets. 4/10 Harrison tb. Bogomolov @ 1.55 Pinnacle

Re: Tennis - April 9-15 Apologies Alov ... Zeb played amazingly, you are right, the guys in the groove, never knew he was this good, infact, never ever seen him this good. Ungur didn't play too badly either tbh, but Zeb was jus completely in the zone. Good call.

Zeballos - Ungur Nice odds for Zeballos here. He is the numner 117 off the ATP World Tour ranking, but he like to play on this surface. It's his favorite surface and he play a lot off matches in 2012 on this surface. The Romenian Ungur play also a lot off matches on this surface. Only we see play him at the most time on the challengers. But i think he can't make a change against this Zeballos, who playing good the last weeks. The have only one head 2 head meeting in the history. Zeballos beat Ungur this year in Vina del Mar (same surface) with 60 75 3/10 Zeballos tb. Ungur @ 1.68 Pinnacle
Starace - Bautista Agut Starace lost last week the final in the ATP Challenger in Barletta. But he play great. Beat in straight sets Hanescu and beat in the semi-finals Volandri also in straight sets. But this are great results for the Italian who lost the final against a better Bedene. But his gameplay was great last week. Bautista-Agut stay a lot off lower at the World Ranking and don't play great last week in Barletta. He lost the first round against Volandri in straight bets. But he had taking more rest for this match. But this is the second match for him on this surface and i think he can't handle Starace he, who play a lot off more matches this year on this surface. 2/10 Starace tb. Bautista Agut @ 1.80 Bet365
2 winners :).

Apologies Alov ... Zeb played amazingly' date=' you are right, the guys in the groove, never knew he was this good, infact, never ever seen him this good. Ungur didn't play too badly either tbh, but Zeb was jus completely in the zone. Good call.[/quote'] Thanks mate. Know that the form is good by Zeballos last weeks, but you never know with him :).

De Paula to beat massu clay tournament challenger ... Massu is a grandad now and da Paula is equiped to dispatch with him quite easily. This dude da Paula took a set of lorenzi last week. 1/2 odds paddy power some may ask where the value but trust me massu is shit now. Lorenzi to beat odesnik 5/6 paddy power Odesnik wins matches hustling ... And if you try and out hustle on clay lorenzi you will lose unless your top 40. Sent from my HTC Desire S using PL Forum
:D Happy bloody days!!!!! :D

Re: Tennis - April 9-15 Bachinger to beat Paire @ 6/4 with Paddy Power - 7.5/10 Bachinger is slowly moving into a somewhat reasonable set of kind of form I guess you could kind of say, beating Volandri however wild Volandri can be with his shots at times, does say a bit for me, he obviously served well and the order of tomorrow, despite it being on clay will be with regard to who serves better. Paire was diabolical against Young, I watched that match and Young lost it as opposed to Paire winning it.

Re: Tennis - April 9-15 GGL to beat Mathieu @ 5/6 with Paddy Power - 7.5/10 Okay Mathieau is probably the slightly more talented player, however on clay, he just lacks that little bit of ability to defend and that is crucial on the surface, if GGL can nulify Paul-Henri's big forehand then he should out maneaure the Frenchmen for in the majority of most of the rallies.