Racing Bloopers

Anyone know of any classic racing bloopers to give us a bit of a laugh ? I though of this when reading Nick Mordin's latest column and was surprised to see the following sentence............... Trainer Jean-Claude Rouget became very temperamental and that's why they gelded him :unsure:loon:loon I think some words might have got lost along the way...............:D

Re: Racing Bloopers " Godolphin to train National Hunt horses " An exclusive story in the Sun by Claude Duvall in the late 90s. He claimed Godolphin was going to spend in winter in Britain in an attempt to win jumpings biggest prizes having tasted success in the Champion Hurdle with James Fanshaw and Michael Stoute. Obviously Claude Duvall was stitched up and must have had the piss taken out of him in the press areas.

Re: Racing Bloopers

Now before you comment, just watch the slow motion at the end, i have many many times. Nobody ever saw the photo as in the Picture, why not ? Imperial commander beat Kauto Star in this race. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iASD1UELcig
Have you considered the angle at which you're watching the finish from? The photo finish proved that Kauto Star won and you can't get better evidence then that.

Have you considered the angle at which you're watching the finish from? The photo finish proved that Kauto Star won and you can't get better evidence then that.
Its a race that's always haunted me as i had fair cash down on IC, lost count how many times i've watched it ''Even with Friends'' we always come up with the same opinion that IC won. I need to move on lol.

Re: Racing Bloopers Joe Tizzard who was Paul Nicholls stable jockey before Ruby Walsh was aboard the fancied Double Thriller in the Grand National one year during the late 90s. On the day of the race he and the horse was pictured on the front page of the Racing Post , with Joe explaining he was going to do this and do that to win the race. I'm pretty sure he started favorite or very close to fav having won numerous races and being placed in the Gold Cup the previous month. I myself had a chunky bet on him too. At the start of the race , tapes up................fell first fence....... !!

Re: Racing Bloopers Just watching the 4.15 at Wolves ...........Matt Chapman doing the commentary At least twice during the race he said that Love Your Looks was the only horse in the race that had ever won.......he was making a big deal of it as a relevant fact Painted Tail (the 2nd fave) had also won...........here at Wolves, a handicap race last September Oh Matt..............:rollin

Just watching the 4.15 at Wolves ...........Matt Chapman doing the commentary At least twice during the race he said that Love Your Looks was the only horse in the race that had ever won.......he was making a big deal of it as a relevant fact Painted Tail (the 2nd fave) had also won...........here at Wolves, a handicap race last September Oh Matt..............:rollin
I picked up on that too! :spank

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Racing Bloopers In todays Daily Express , Mark Jeffreys writes "....Walsh senior who sent out Papiliion to win the 2002 Grand National...." I'm almost certain it was a few years before , I remember its been over 10 years cos it was the last winner of the race I've backed. http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/316529/Ted-Walsh-defends-Punchestown-decision

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Racing Bloopers Today is the annual Queens Speech where she addresses both Houses of Parliament. We all know she loves racing and loves a bet and I remember many years ago when her mum was still around , she was giving her speech and she inadvertantly said ".........national hunt........." she quickly coughed and repeated the sentance without saying " hunt ".