Sunderland v Tottenham > 7 April

Re: Sunderland v Tottenham > 7 April Got to say I think Spurs are good value at 2.3. The main reason being that Aaron Lennon should be back fit for this one, and he will make a real difference to spurs attack. Spurs have won the last couple of games playing well, the attack minded players are in form (Van Der Vaart and Adebayor especially), and in the games before that when results weren't going their way, it was only really the Arsenal game that they deserved to lose, so the performances of late have been pretty good even when results weren't so good. Sunderland are a bit hit and miss. Nearly win at Man City last week, but lose in the biggest game of their season in the FA Cup quarter final to Everton. Obviously their is nothing left for them to play for this season, but of course they are at home so are going to give it a real go against Spurs. I would have spurs a bit closer to evens than they are. Spurs have a massive incentive to win this one and go above arsenal into 3rd before Arsenal play Man City and maybe drop some points. Spurs have won 6 times on the road this season which is a reasonable record, and if they are going to finish 3rd in the table, they really have to go and win this one. It's a bit risky as Sunderland aren't bad at home but Spurs have the better players and should be really motivated to get the win. 2/10 Spurs to win @ 2.3 (widespread)

Re: Sunderland v Tottenham > 7 April Personally think this will be very tough for both sides. Spurs haven't won too many times up here recently, just the last one during the Bruce-era. Sunderland lost one home game in the league since O'Neill arrived thanks to a last minute winner from Thierry Henry. Definitely not confident of a home win, but BTTS will surely happen. Bale will run riot down the wing, but SAFC rarely don't score at home. Don't think the "nothing to play for" really applies after watching the Man City game last week, but we will see. Both Teams to Score 1.73 @SkyBet

Re: Sunderland v Tottenham > 7 April Draw 5/2 - Betfred - Don't normally like betting on the draw but think theres a good chance of it here because Spurs haven't won any of their last 6 games away in the league (W0 D3 L3) and our last away win was at Norwich in December. As mcarr88 said Sunderland have only lost once at home since MON has been in charge. However, Spurs have played well of late and we seem to be over our slump and it was only our finishing that let us down during that time. Spurs haven't got a great record at SOL and we've only won once in our last six there. Sunderland have some quality players as well in Sessegnon, Larsson etc. who will cause Spurs problems and no doubt Bendtner will score against us :eyes. On paper Spurs should win but Sunderland have been great under MON and should get at least a draw.

Re: Sunderland v Tottenham > 7 April Tootenham have poor away record against teams in the top half of the table. They only managed 1 win against Fulham, losing 4 games and drawing other 3. Sunderland have mixed home record with 7 wins, 4 draws and 4 loses. In my opinion Sunderland are a decent side in general and I don't see them losing this one and I also can't see Tottenham winning here. Moreover, in the last 5 games against Sunderland at the Stadium of Light Tottenham only won their last game, losing 2 and drawing 2. Both teams have been inconsistent recently so guess this game has draw written all over it. Draw @ 3.40 (1 unit) ​Bet365

Re: Sunderland v Tottenham > 7 April Value has to be on Sunderland's side here. With the way they are playing. Spurs have wobbled of late, they got a bit of momentum back by beating Swansea, but Sunderland has always been a tough place for Spurs to come and get a result, and with one goal likely to be all that separates the two sides (if there is a winner), I wouldn't want to be on Spurs at that sort of price. But GL to anyone that does back them!

Re: Sunderland v Tottenham > 7 April Sunderland vs Tottenham What a result for Sunderland that could have been last week against Man City. With them playing really poorly against Everton at home in the cup; a game that actually meant something to a brilliant performance away from home without any extra incentives to win is incredible. Tottenham on the other hand remain favourites to clinch a Champions League spot. Chelsea looks to have been revived under dodgy Di Matteo, and Newcastle's togetherness means that both teams are only 4 points behind Tottenham. Tottenham will need to win games like this to boost their chances. A draw will be very thin, as a win for either Chelsea or Newcastle will take them within 2 points. After a very poor run of results, Spur's turned it around with a 3 - 1 win at home against Swansea. The England job fiasco seem to have passed, and I know Harry would rather chill and stay as Tottenham manager, relishing Champions League experience rather than sweating over preparing for the Euros or world cup qualification games as well as being criticized. Sunderland imo havne't exactly been playing well under O'Neill. I have said this many times before but what O'Neill has done is squeeze extra effort out of the likes of lanky striker Bendtner. They were so poor against Everton in their last match here it was unbelievable. Though they were two goals that were perhaps unfortunate, with Jelavic in fine form and the ridiculous own goal. However, Everton created enough chances to comfortably progress. I see nothing but 3 points for Tottenham today and Harry will get the job done. Campbell and Cattermole are doubts. Lennon might not play this game. Tottenham 13/10 Stanjames, Paddypower, Ladbrokes 10/10

Re: Sunderland v Tottenham > 7 April I can't believe the optimism of the majority of punters on this one so far. It leaves me wondering if many of you realise how poor Tottenhams Away record is ? Only scored in one of the last 5 Aways and still managed to lose that one heavily. Prior to that they managed a single goal at Watford in the FA Cup. Haven't decided which option I'm going to choose yet, whether it be Double Chance or Asian Handicap, whatever it is it won't involve a Tottenham win with these miserable stats. I've said this a few times recently, the early Prem League kicks off have a habit of being low scoring and/or finishing 0-0 so I feel it's worth a small stake on that result, in fact the first game in this table below was such a victim. [TABLE=class: match away_team_away] [TR] [TD=class: left]Chelsea [/TD] [TD=class: center] 0-0 [/TD] [TD=class: right]Tottenham [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: overline] [TD=class: left]Everton [/TD] [TD=class: center] 1-0 [/TD] [TD=class: right]Tottenham [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: overline] [TD=class: left]Arsenal [/TD] [TD=class: center] 5-2 [/TD] [TD=class: right]Tottenham [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: overline] [TD=class: left]Stevenage [/TD] [TD=class: center] 0-0 [/TD] [TD=class: right]Tottenham [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: overline] [TD=class: left]Liverpool [/TD] [TD=class: center] 0-0 [/TD] [TD=class: right]Tottenham [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: overline] [TD=class: left]Watford [/TD] [TD=class: center] 0-1 [/TD] [TD=class: right]Tottenham [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Sunderland v Tottenham > 7 April Sunderland 0.0 (Asian Handicap) @ 2.50 with Paddy Power Sunderland are currently 9th, 2 points off 7th and 3pts off 13th. At close to £1m per place Premier League prize money, that's potentially £6m worth of income in the balance, which is hardly nothing to play for. Martin O'Neill has consistently stated that finishing as high as possible in the league is his priority and he matched his words with actions by playing a full strength team against QPR in the PL just 3 days before the FA Cup quarter final against Everton. I think we can rest assured that Sunderland won't be soft-pedalling it until the end of the season. Their home form since O'Neill took the reigns is outstanding - just the one defeat and 6 wins from 8 league games at the Stadium of Light - and, as Nervous Anorak has pointed out, Tottenham aren't the greatest travellers just at the moment. Whilst performances during their recent bad run weren't that bad (Arsenal aside), Harry Redknapp's team have looked a little bit short of confidence at times, particularly away from home where their last league victory came at Norwich on 27 December. The Stadium of Light isn't the sort of place you want to visit when you're searching for your 1st away win in 3 months, and I fancy Sunderland to soak up the pressure and hit an increasingly nervy Tottenham side on the break here.

Re: Sunderland v Tottenham > 7 April Sunderland just stopped Man City when no other side could. Now they play at home where they are stronger than away - Spurs are not consistent away from home and Lennon may not be fully fit either according to Redknapp. I can't see any value at all in Spurs' prices, so has to be anything from the home/draw prices as value for me.

Re: Sunderland v Tottenham > 7 April Over 2.5 @ 2.02 pinnacle Sunderland have started to find the net having scored 3 times in their last two games, and with Spurs having conceded in 5 of their last 6 EPL games, as well as 4 of their last 6 away games in the EPL, then like them to score here. Spurs on the other hand have some good attacking players and like them to score given that Sunderland have conceded in their last 3 games. Both teams have scored in 3 of their last 4 meetings as well as in the 3 last 3 games in Sunderland, and can see them finding a third goal here Season record: 136-187 (-5.78)

Re: Sunderland v Tottenham > 7 April Both to score. 1.80 @ Bet365 (5/10) Sunderland are a real threat under Martin O'Neill. They almost beat City last time out and are never to underestimated. Sort of think they might get a result at home but Spurs have regained the form just in the right time. Lennon is back and has added options on the right, Bale is in good shape. It's hard to pick a winner here, but one thing is sure to me - there should be a few goals scored. Spurs have lots of options with Ade, Bale, van der Vaart etc. Their defending though is not so good, especially away from home. Expect Sunderland to get one as well today. So I'm going for both to score.

Re: Sunderland v Tottenham > 7 April Sunderland DNB @ 2.47 (IASBet) I have to side with Sunderland here with these odds. They have only lost once at home since O'Neill took over and that was against Arsenal, while Tottenham have been pretty poor away from home recently as has been mentioned above. I don't know how Sunderland are so long after putting in an excellent performance away against City, and being the first team this year who has been able to come away with any points there.

Re: Sunderland v Tottenham > 7 April

I can't believe the optimism of the majority of punters on this one so far. It leaves me wondering if many of you realise how poor Tottenhams Away record is ? Only scored in one of the last 5 Aways and still managed to lose that one heavily. Prior to that they managed a single goal at Watford in the FA Cup. Haven't decided which option I'm going to choose yet, whether it be Double Chance or Asian Handicap, whatever it is it won't involve a Tottenham win with these miserable stats. I've said this a few times recently, the early Prem League kicks off have a habit of being low scoring and/or finishing 0-0 so I feel it's worth a small stake on that result, in fact the first game in this table below was such a victim. [TABLE=class: match away_team_away] [TR] [TD=class: left]Chelsea [/TD] [TD=class: center] 0-0 [/TD] [TD=class: right]Tottenham [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: overline] [TD=class: left]Everton [/TD] [TD=class: center] 1-0 [/TD] [TD=class: right]Tottenham [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: overline] [TD=class: left]Arsenal [/TD] [TD=class: center] 5-2 [/TD] [TD=class: right]Tottenham [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: overline] [TD=class: left]Stevenage [/TD] [TD=class: center] 0-0 [/TD] [TD=class: right]Tottenham [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: overline] [TD=class: left]Liverpool [/TD] [TD=class: center] 0-0 [/TD] [TD=class: right]Tottenham [/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: overline] [TD=class: left]Watford [/TD] [TD=class: center] 0-1 [/TD] [TD=class: right]Tottenham [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]
Complete bunch of winning shouts here, yet another early kick off 0-0 ! Totally confident Tottenham wouldn't win as I stated but didn't take any of the match result options. I had 0-0 and Under 3.5 Redknapp for England still ? 4 x 0-0, only scored in 1 of last 6 Aways and still got stuffed ?

Personally think this will be very tough for both sides. Spurs haven't won too many times up here recently, just the last one during the Bruce-era. Sunderland lost one home game in the league since O'Neill arrived thanks to a last minute winner from Thierry Henry. Definitely not confident of a home win, but BTTS will surely happen. Bale will run riot down the wing, but SAFC rarely don't score at home. Don't think the "nothing to play for" really applies after watching the Man City game last week, but we will see. Both Teams to Score 1.73 @SkyBet
hi mc, i don't know how experienced you are, but if you didn't do it on this occasion, I strongly advise you to also stake the 0-0 for full cover of your BTTS stake. when i do BTTS i place £2.50 on the 0-0 and then use the full potential winnings from that as my BTTS stake. for example if you did this today £2.50 @ 14.0 on 0-0 would return £30.88, and then stake the £30.88 on Both teams to score, therby nothing lost. i did it on leicester v forest last week which finished 0-0 so all covered. hope that helps.

Sunderland vs Tottenham What a result for Sunderland that could have been last week against Man City. With them playing really poorly against Everton at home in the cup; a game that actually meant something to a brilliant performance away from home without any extra incentives to win is incredible. Tottenham on the other hand remain favourites to clinch a Champions League spot. Chelsea looks to have been revived under dodgy Di Matteo, and Newcastle's togetherness means that both teams are only 4 points behind Tottenham. Tottenham will need to win games like this to boost their chances. A draw will be very thin, as a win for either Chelsea or Newcastle will take them within 2 points. After a very poor run of results, Spur's turned it around with a 3 - 1 win at home against Swansea. The England job fiasco seem to have passed, and I know Harry would rather chill and stay as Tottenham manager, relishing Champions League experience rather than sweating over preparing for the Euros or world cup qualification games as well as being criticized. Sunderland imo havne't exactly been playing well under O'Neill. I have said this many times before but what O'Neill has done is squeeze extra effort out of the likes of lanky striker Bendtner. They were so poor against Everton in their last match here it was unbelievable. Though they were two goals that were perhaps unfortunate, with Jelavic in fine form and the ridiculous own goal. However, Everton created enough chances to comfortably progress. I see nothing but 3 points for Tottenham today and Harry will get the job done. Campbell and Cattermole are doubts. Lennon might not play this game. Tottenham 13/10 Stanjames, Paddypower, Ladbrokes 10/10
Good resistance from Sunderland and a well earned point -10 units

Tootenham have poor away record against teams in the top half of the table. They only managed 1 win against Fulham, losing 4 games and drawing other 3. Sunderland have mixed home record with 7 wins, 4 draws and 4 loses. In my opinion Sunderland are a decent side in general and I don't see them losing this one and I also can't see Tottenham winning here. Moreover, in the last 5 games against Sunderland at the Stadium of Light Tottenham only won their last game, losing 2 and drawing 2. Both teams have been inconsistent recently so guess this game has draw written all over it. Draw @ 3.40 (1 unit) ​Bet365
Unfortunately my only win today :(

Season record: 136-188 (-6.78)
I say this week after week in various forums here, incase you missed it higher up the page I typed this : hi mc, i don't know how experienced you are, but if you didn't do it on this occasion, I strongly advise you to also stake the 0-0 for full cover of your BTTS stake. when i do BTTS i place £2.50 on the 0-0 and then use the full potential winnings from that as my BTTS stake. for example if you did this today £2.50 @ 14.0 on 0-0 would return £30.88, and then stake the £30.88 on Both teams to score, therby nothing lost. i did it on leicester v forest last week which finished 0-0 so all covered. hope that helps. Edit : occasionally i get the response of "in the long run its not worth it." usually its from people who don't keep meticulous records, when its not though, my answer is : if the odds you took on your selection were good enough, then you should be able to fund the small amount that it would cost to cover the 0-0. aside from no loss, theres the pyschological advantage of going into the next bet without this one being a loser