Chelsea v Tottenham > 24 March

Re: Chelsea v Tottenham > 24 March In my opinion after losing 2-5 to Arsenal Tottenham broke mentally and then a string of poor results followed, namely 1-3 home defeat to Man.United, 0-1 away loss to Everton and 1-1 home draw against Stoke. Chelsea however did really well after Villas Boas got fired. They have managed an impressive comeback against Napoli in the Champions League and did pretty well in FA Cup. Moreover, they have good record against Spurs at Stamford Bridge, winning 3 out of the last 4 home games against them. Chelsea @ 1.91 (5 units) ​William Hill

Re: Chelsea v Tottenham > 24 March Prediction: Over 2.5 goals 1.8 @ BoyleSport 10 goals in the last 3 home games for Chelsea and 13 goals in the last 4 away games for Tottenham. The 15 games Chelsea and Tottenham have played versus top 6 opponents have seen a total of 60 goals. Both teams will be fighting to win to land 4th spot. Tottenham absolutely dominated Stoke at home (having 72% possession), so even though they only have 1 point from the last 4 games, I don't think they are playing terribly. Adebayor and Lennon are doubtful for the game, Terry is for Chelsea (check closer to the time). Posted Record w/odds 18-16 +10.5 units (flat betting 1 unit per game)

Re: Chelsea v Tottenham > 24 March

Prediction: Over 2.5 goals 1.8 @ BoyleSport 10 goals in the last 3 home games for Chelsea and 13 goals in the last 4 away games for Tottenham. The 15 games Chelsea and Tottenham have played versus top 6 opponents have seen a total of 60 goals. Both teams will be fighting to win to land 4th spot. Tottenham absolutely dominated Stoke at home (having 72% possession), so even though they only have 1 point from the last 4 games, I don't think they are playing terribly. Adebayor and Lennon are doubtful for the game, Terry is for Chelsea (check closer to the time). Posted Record w/odds 18-16 +10.5 units (flat betting 1 unit per game)
All I can do is back this up with more stats, I was going to post very similar. 11 out of Chelseas 14 home games this season have had over 2.5, 9 out of 14 for Spurs away. That means there's a 71% (20/28) chance of this game being over 2.5. There always seems to be goals when the top sides meet this season too, and both these teams are strong in attack with plenty to play for and not much to lose.

Re: Chelsea v Tottenham > 24 March Chelsea vs Tottenham This is definately a key match to decide who will give themselves the best chance to get the last Champions league spot. Ealier this season when Spurs were fighting for the Premier League title, it seemed very likely that it will be Chelsea and Arsenal who will be fighting out for the 4th spot. However, performances under Redknapp has greatly dropped after all the England manager fiasco, and a win here for Chelsea will take them just 1 point behind Spurs, probably ending as favourites to get the last spot the way that Tottenham have been playing recently. I really doubted the managerial expertise of Roberto Di Matteo, especially against Villas Boas, surely let the Portuguese finish the season being at least better than Di Matteo? He made a bright start with West Brom after leading them to the Premier league, but results soon dropped and he was a gunner. He will need to get that last Champions league spot to have a donkey's chance of leading Roman's empire for next season. Both teams come off other fixtures and won't be fresh for this one, though I'd expect the Muamba situation to be behind the Tottenham players, though it still be affecting some, which has to be understandable and respected. Both teams didn't play well but Tottenham does not give me any great confidence to back whatsoever. I'd expect Chelsea to finish the job by a couple of goals most of the time. Tottenham still have a long list of old injuries and more recently with Adebayor being a doubt that also missed the game against Stoke. Chelsea have minor doubts in defense again with Terry and Ivanovic. Chelsea -0.75 2.160 188Bet 5/10

Chelsea vs Tottenham This is definately a key match to decide who will give themselves the best chance to get the last Champions league spot. Ealier this season when Spurs were fighting for the Premier League title, it seemed very likely that it will be Chelsea and Arsenal who will be fighting out for the 4th spot. However, performances under Redknapp has greatly dropped after all the England manager fiasco, and a win here for Chelsea will take them just 1 point behind Spurs, probably ending as favourites to get the last spot the way that Tottenham have been playing recently
If Chelsea win they will actually be 2 points behind. Not necessarily disagreeing with your bet but don't forget Chelsea are away at Benfica on Tuesday in what is another huge game. Everyone (including Di Matteo) knows that Abromovich really wants the Champions League so that game will be massive for them. Not that i'd expect Chelsea to rest any key players or anything but they will surely have half an eye on that fixture. Spurs never win at the bridge but despite the slump in results, spurs performances haven't been too bad over the last few games, and they really should have picked up at least a point against Everton and maybe Man Utd, and probably should have beaten Stoke. I don't think Adebayor is too big a loss, as Saha has done quite well since joining, and Defoe is always lively. Personally I fancy a draw in this fixture as I think both sides are fairly equally matched at the moment. The slight upturn in Chelsea's form since Di Matteo took charge doesn't hide the fact that for much of the season they have been fairly poor both home and away, hence why they are 5 points behind the Champions League spots. 2/10 Draw 3.6 (skybet)

Re: Chelsea v Tottenham > 24 March Chelsea @ 1.96 pinnacle Chelsea have had some form of late, with 4 wins and a loss in their last 5 games in all competitions, and you would fancy them here given that they have won 3 and drawn one of their last 4 home games, and shut out the opposition in each of these 3 home wins. With Terry back in defence, and a new belief about the club with Di Matteo in charge, they look well placed here, as Spurs have gone off the boil. Where they looked like title contenders, they are now battling to stay in the top 4, and going to Chelsea, where they have lost 8 and drawn 3 of their last 11 EPL games, then hard to see them doing much here. A Chelsea win and they are just two points behind Spurs for 4th spot, and the players are much mroe inspired these days Season record: 134-176 (+2.47)

Re: Chelsea v Tottenham > 24 March Everything here speaks in favor of Chelsea. They found some good form lately, and from what seamed a lost season they are back in the game. Even Torres started scoring goals. They do have a big game on Tuesday but I think this is also a big game for them. With the win here they will be only 2 points behind the CL qualifying spot, and Arsenal in the last CL spot won't be so far away. I understand that Abramovich wants to win the CL but I think he also want's to be sure they will play there next season, so they have a chance again. I'll wait for the game and bet live because I want to see what will 'crazy' Harry do again with his lineup. I understand that he had some injury problems, but why changing the system that works. Putting Bale on the right and moving Modric more to the left was a disaster, and that's when they started losing points. So if he does that again today i don't think they stand a chance. But will have to see the starting lineup.

Re: Chelsea v Tottenham > 24 March I quite like the look of Paddypower's double on Over 2.5 goals and Over 11 Corners. I'm not going to give reasoning on the over 2.5 goals as this has already been discussed above. Both teams should be going for it as I don't think either will be happy with a point. This will mean a lot of attacking play which should lead to a lot of corners and both teams have a high corner average (Chelsea's is 7.2 at home while Tottenham's is 6.2 away). Therefore the over 11 corners looks good. Over 2.5 Goals & Over 11 Corners double - 3.2 - Paddypower 7/10

Re: Chelsea v Tottenham > 24 March Everybody on Chelsea...everything points to Chelsea...perfect time to go the other way. Even with Chelsea's home form, Tottenham's poor form, etc., etc., there is no way Spurs should be better than 4 to win. Spurs @ 4.1 and over 2.5 goals @ 1.9 for me.

Re: Chelsea v Tottenham > 24 March Have to agree with everything said here.. This game should have goals in it.. The more experienced punters would probably back second half to have more goals in it, which is even money, but OVER 2.5 @ 1.80 is good enough 4 me :)

Re: Chelsea v Tottenham > 24 March 0-0 HT disappointing game so far...the only clear chance coming in the last seconds of the half time for tottenham...no clear chances, no shots on target from either team...chelsea obviously thinking about tuesday, maybe even a bit tired since they've had a tight schedule in the last weeks...

0-0 HT disappointing game so far...the only clear chance coming in the last seconds of the half time for tottenham...no clear chances' date=' no shots on target from either team...chelsea obviously thinking about tuesday, maybe even a bit tired since they've had a tight schedule in the last weeks...[/quote'] They both look pretty tired, but that was some save and block in the Chelsea goal...I can't believe they turned Spurs away there, but it was good play by Chelsea to keep it out.

Have to agree with everything said here.. This game should have goals in it.. The more experienced punters would probably back second half to have more goals in it, which is even money, but OVER 2.5 @ 1.80 is good enough 4 me :)
Too bad I'm not one of those experienced punters, Spurs just parked the bus here.. Rubbish game. :wall

Re: Chelsea v Tottenham > 24 March True, they both look tired but don't know really why tot should be so tired...they didn't have such a tight schedule... chelsea was really lucky not to go down before the half time...but nothing really changed in the second half...looks like a 0 0...just don't see where the goal will come from...

Re: Chelsea v Tottenham > 24 March What an awful performance from Chelsea. They played as if they did not need a win against their main rival for the 4th Champions League spot. Now Tottenham have no games against top 6 sides while Chelsea have away games against Arsenal and Liverpool. Looks like they will miss Champions League next season unless they win it this year.

Well, if you'd have asked me to predict a scoreline, 0-0 would've been one of the last ones i'd have said. I hate football sometimes.
As I've said before on this site, if you check out previous early kick off results you'll see many of them are low scoring and / or 0-0. Norwich 0 - Chelsea 0 ring any bells ?

@ Nervous Anorak Why didn't you write up what you thought about the game, before it ended 0:0??
I had no interest in this game, I wasn't watching it, and I wasn't betting on it. Therefore I have made no comment on the match itself. I just happened to pass by and noticed a number of people had bet on the 2.5 line, the bookmakers favourite for obvious reasons. As a gesture of goodwill I've directed you to the systems forums in which you can see the dangers of betting on the 2.5 line.

Geez' date=' thanks for the comments on fellow punters.[/quote'] You're welcome mk, glad to be of assistance. :ok I'm only telling you what the bookmakers will if you ask them. If you're a 2.5 line bettor yourself you'll be thanking me again when you come to terms with the fact that almost without fail it's a "non profitable in the long term" market.

Re: Chelsea v Tottenham > 24 March Some of us have no interest in the system betting that you are into.. If you wanted to be the wise guy you would have posted before the kick-off. What you are doing here is only bound to destroy confidence in some of the punters who have taken they're time to write-up a preview? I personally take OVER 2.5 goals in hope to see a good attacking game of footy, generally in game on TV. Why is it that its bookies "favourite" then

More mug punters on the 2.5 line. Some of you better check out my postings in the systems forums, altho well done to anyone who had the sense to back the 0-0 as well as Overs.
No need to take that attitude Nervous Anorak. There's some good info in your thread for sure, but we don't appreciate anyone calling fellow posters mugs on PL, so please don't let it happen again.

Some of us have no interest in the system betting that you are into.. If you wanted to be the wise guy you would have posted before the kick-off. What you are doing here is only bound to destroy confidence in some of the punters who have taken they're time to write-up a preview? I personally take OVER 2.5 goals in hope to see a good attacking game of footy, generally in game on TV. Why is it that its bookies "favourite" then
@ Western Skies and anyone else offended, appologies, on reflection the comment was out of order but at least I admit it. @ Vinny : Quote : What you are doing here is only bound to destroy confidence in some of the punters who have taken they're time to write-up a preview? Vinny, betting on the 2.5 line is likely to be far more destructive to most punters on here than any confidence in their write ups. My intention was not to insult people even though that was the result ! but to try to persuade them from believing the 2.5 line is likely to be profitable in the long run. Quote : Why is it that its bookies "favourite" then ? Before I can answer that in full, do you keep a record of every bet you place and the exact market you have bet on ?