England > Midweek > League Two> 13-14 Feb

maliniok

[TABLE=class: couponTable] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Gillingham v Southend United (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.41 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 14 February 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Aldershot Town v Hereford United (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.96 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.61 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Bradford City v Port Vale (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.44 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.35 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.1 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.09 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Cheltenham Town v Torquay United (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.1 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.81 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Crewe Alexandra v Burton Albion (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.33 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.58 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Morecambe v Macclesfield Town (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.38 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Northampton Town v AFC Wimbledon (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.39 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.1 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.51 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Oxford United v Dagenham & Redbridge (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.66 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.33 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Plymouth Argyle v Barnet (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.44 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.73 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Rotherham United v Accrington Stanley (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.23 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.35 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.27 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Shrewsbury Town v Bristol Rovers (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.33 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Swindon Town v Crawley Town (19:45 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.35 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.1 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]105.59 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: England>Midweek>League Two>13-14 Feb 2012 Odds on Wimbledon are unbelievable and won't last. I don't know if we can beat Northampton (they beat us at Kingsmeadow 3:0 earlier in the season) but since we signed some players on loan we have improved a lot and won last two away matches against Port Vale and Gillingham. Northampton won just one game at home this season and that was way back in September. Looking at home/away record for both teams suggest huge value on Wimbledon win: Northampton (home) - 1-4-9 Wimbledon (away) - 6-2-5 Together 6-6-15 - which translates into percentages 22% 22% 56% And certain bookies give us 32%-33% chance of a win which is crazy. I hurried to our website to see if we have had some lethal epidemic down in the team and seem that only Kieran Djillali, who have been out for ages, and Luke Moore, who scored two goals in our last two away games, are out. Nothampton haven't signed Messi either so they will attempt to get their second home win this season with exactly the same team that have gone down to the bottom of the table since Boothroyd took over. Anyway, as I said I am not sure if we can win or not - draw seems possible - but at these odds Wombles are surely worth taking.

Re: England > Midweek > League Two> 13-14 Feb Gillingham v Southend Southend @ 3 Betfred Over 2.5 goals @ 1.73 Betfred I'm not surprised at the price given on Southend here. They've stuttered a bit in their last few games but they have a quality squad. They smashed Plymouth early on to take a 2-0 lead but threw it away. Sturrock won't let them take liberties like that again and I'm sure he's had a good talking to the players because he was sufficiently frustrated by their attitude to the 2nd half. They took their foot off the gas and got complacent because they thought they had already won against a poor Plymouth side and I think they'll learn from that mistake. Against Rotherham it was a frustrating game for the shrimpers. They created a couple of early chances that were very well saved and then I think Rotherham got lucky with a clearance off hitting the back of their striker to set up a clean shooting opportunity which they took. Then the second half was pretty much exactly the same. Southend created a few good chances and should've scored. Rotherham basically lumped it up the other end, Southend were unlucky to not clear and you could definitely blame the defenders to an extent for failing to deal with the threat, but Revell's shot was really accurate and went in off the post. I'm not saying Southend dominated that game but they created much better chances and got unlucky at the back a couple times and were punished for it. I don't think the recent results are a true reflection of how good they are. I think this game will come down to Southend's attacking prowess overpowering Gillingham's weakish defence. Southend have at their disposal Liam Dickinson (9), Ryan Hall (7), Mark Phillips (7) and Bilel Mohsni (7). These players are the reason they are the League's highest goalscoring team. Gillingham have conceded a ton of goals recently: Accrington 4 - 3 Gillingham Gillingham 3 - 4 Wimbeldon Shrewsbury 2 - 0 Gillingham Gillingham 1 - 3 Stoke (FA Cup) So that's 13 goals conceded in 4 games, albeit 3 against Premiership Stoke in there. And shipping 7 goals in their last 2 home games. I would've bet on both teams to score given the stats with both teams scoring easily but gills conceding but the odds are too short. I will however, bet on the over 2.5 @ 1.7 because I'm expecting plenty of goals but I fancy Southend to just edge it because they have a ton of quality in attack and the goals they've conceded lately are mistakes that I expect to be ironed out by Sturrock.

Re: England > Midweek > League Two> 13-14 Feb Looking good at the moment Tuna. Lead 2-0. I also have Southend backed (tip is in tipster league), forgot to post it here, i only got 2.90 so well done on getting 3.0.. They were overpriced. Long way to go yet though, Gillingham are very capable of getting back into this game.

Re: England > Midweek > League Two> 13-14 Feb Swindon have earned me a bit of cash recently and I fancy them to help my account tomorrow too. They are now in a very good form and have played consistently well at home all season. After they sorted their away games problem, which kept them around midtable, they are now marching up the table, broke into playoff places, then automatic promotion spots but their aim, as Di Canio pointed out, is to win this division. I believe they can do it with the quality they have in the team and in order to achieve this they have to beat Crawley who are the most serious title rivals. The Red Devils have been a revelation this season but with the amount of money spent it wasn't a huge surprise. They have, however, kind of stuttered lately with a defeat to Gillingham and a few unconvincing draws. They also sold their star player - Matt Tubbs but he has been replaced with an Arsenal loanee who have already scored in their 4-2 win over Cheltenham. People have also complained about Crawley's uninspiring style - bombarding the penalty box with little pass and move style of play. To sum up - we have a 'title decider' tomorrow with two most serious contenders playing and I think that Swindon with their quality players, superior style, bigger expectations and more experienced manager in professional football will beat Crawley again. I've taken Swindon in two bets: Double of Swindon @ 2.25 and Wimbledon @ 3.1(reasoning in the post above) with Stan James @ combined odds of 6.975 stake 2/10 as well as Double of Swindon DNB @ 1.73 and Brighton DNB @ 1.5 (reasoning in the Championship thread) with Sky Bet @ combined odds of 2.59. Stake: 5/10

Re: England > Midweek > League Two> 13-14 Feb Aldershot vs Hereford Hereford have been strong on away games with just 4 defeats in 13 matches. Aldershot had serious scoring problems with just 3 goals in last 10 matches. Aldershot haven't won home against Hereford and I think this situation will not end tonight. Hereford made a 1-1 home with Colchester and will be very confident here tonight. 2 chances of 3 for Hereford are having an amazing price. away +0.5 AH @ 2.02 with 188bet

Re: England > Midweek > League Two> 13-14 Feb Rotterham vs Accrington Accrington has just 1 defeat on away games, but the price for a defeat here is great. Rotherham won against Southend and that should have boosted their morale. They have a good series of results against Stanley and I think they should continue to score goals against them. Manager Scott was very pleased with the game play and result in the match with Southend and will be tempted to maintain the same squad. Expect a home win! home -0.25 AH @ 1.89 with 188bet

Re: England > Midweek > League Two> 13-14 Feb Crewe vs Burton Albion Burton has been pretty decent so far, but they have entered in a 6 matches series without a win. They should be able to get at least one draw here, despite the fact they have been defeated twice on this field. The centre-back pair Artell and Dudgale are suspended, but new loan signing Tunnicliffe from Wycombe is set to come instead along with Davis. Striker Kee, striker Richards and defender James will come to play int he first XI of Burton. Kee rejected an offer from Crawley last month and now is set to do the job for the Brewers after coming from an injury. Burton +0.25 AH @ 1.96 with betVictor

Re: England > Midweek > League Two> 13-14 Feb Morecambe vs Macclesfield Both sides are looking poor in the last period, but Morecambe has the advantage of games played even 3 days ago, so from fitness level they should be freshher. But Macclesfield haven't lost against Morecambe in the last 3 years and are hoping will improve their away record that consist in just 9 goals cored and just 3 wins in 13 matches. Morecambe played badly at home with 7 defeats, 3 wins and 4 draws. away +0.5 AH @ 1.96 with betVictor

Re: England>Midweek>League Two>13-14 Feb 2012 Re. Northampton v AFC Wimbledon

Northampton haven't signed Messi either so they will attempt to get their second home win this season with exactly the same team that have gone down to the bottom of the table since Boothroyd took over.
No, but they have signed Clarke Carlisle on loan, and two other players (from Reading and Wycombe), so their team will have a new look - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16815166 http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16945436 Boothroyd is quoted as saying "We've had a two week period where I've managed to move one or two lads on and I've managed to bring a couple of lads in" and that he expects " a big difference" - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16921493 Until I saw this, I would have backed AFC Wimbledon as their form is better than Northampton's as you say - and they looked stand-out value. But I think these new signings will even things up a bit, so I'm less clear whether Wimbledon are good value, and I think I'll leave it as a 'no bet'.

Re: England > Midweek > League Two> 13-14 Feb *Cheltenham @ 2.20 VC* Home side will be spurred on by the fact if they win they will be a couple of points on top of the league again. Should be a tight game, but Cheltenham have been great at home so far this season. *Wimbledon @ 3.10 VC* Cannot understand the price, i priced them up as a 6/4 shot, yet they are over 2/1? Am i missing something. Northampton have only won 1 game at home all season, they are rooted to the bottom and Wimbledon have performed better away from home than at home this season. *Rotherham @ 2.30 Powers* Was very impressed with Rotherham last time out when they beat Southend 2-0 away from home. Accrington leaked 3 goals in their last match even though they won, and their defence is suspect. Rotherham deserved favourites. *Swindon @ 2.40 Powers* Swindon have won 9 from 12 at home so far, only losing 1 game. Crawley don't have a great record away from home, and after selling Tubbs who was brilliant for them, they may be lacking up front. Fancy Swindon to do the business.

Re: England > Midweek > League Two> 13-14 Feb Just a note of caution for Sportxtipster, Billy Kee according to the Burton Albion website is not supposed to play tonight as they say he is not ready yet.This may be just playing mind games with Crewe but I'll wait for team sheets before making my mind up.I still think Burton DNB is a good option as there will be a few railwaymen missing tonight.....

Re: England > Midweek > League Two> 13-14 Feb

I've taken Swindon in two bets: Double of Swindon @ 2.25 and Wimbledon @ 3.1(reasoning in the post above) with Stan James @ combined odds of 6.975 stake 2/10 as well as Double of Swindon DNB @ 1.73 and Brighton DNB @ 1.5 (reasoning in the Championship thread) with Sky Bet @ combined odds of 2.59. Stake: 5/10
Swindon - Crawley 3:0 Northampton - Wimbledon 1:0 - that bet was lost. Swindon - Crawley 3:0 Brighton - Millwall 2:2 - half of the bet won. Swindon really sound bang in form now and I am just about to check the odds on them to win L2. Thanks to my staking for tonight's bet I end the Flower and Chocolate Sellers Day with slight profit.

Re: England > Midweek > League Two> 13-14 Feb Yes. I followed the game on BBC live text as well as listened to the commentary on Wimbledon fans' radio and it sounded like we were absolutely battered. We had a first shot on target in the second half and it probably was the only one.