Cheltenham Chat

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Re: Cheltenham Chat Embarrassing for Cheltenham, especially in a Championship race. I don't see how SE had it that much worse than FR though, they were alongsides and each had to make the same 'detour'. I didn't back anything in the race, and feel fairly confident FR would have won if they had each jumped the last

Re: Cheltenham Chat

probably talking through my pocket here but that was ffin ridiculous! I thought Sizing definitely had it worse off there
Agreed he almost had to pull him up to get him round the fence, completely clueless, probably cost some people a lot of money.

Re: Cheltenham Chat At first i thought the same.looking at the replay Sizings jockey reacted first, we will never know but Finnians had to go wider. Am not sure you can trust this years results for the future. so many horses just run off their feet with no pace to finnish the race with a run.

Re: Cheltenham Chat Arghh so frustrating! I thought at one point Sizing wasn't even going to get around the fence as Barry tried to hold him in! absolute joke! Fair play to Henry de Bromhead for being so calm about the situation

Re: Cheltenham Chat Not sure if it applies to all races but Skybet are saying bet 5p on Chletenham race and watch the race live on Skyplayer, had an anitpost bet so had a massive 10p forecast so i can watch the race:p

Re: Cheltenham Chat "He's in great form and we're hopeful of a big run" "It has a good each way chance" I hate comments like this. I know some trainers don't want to give too much away but I'd rather they refused an interview than fed us with these bullshit racing cliches. They tell us absolutely nothing at all, pointless. I remember once watching an interview on ATR before an all weather race at Wolverhampton, literally about 2 mins before the off. They interviewed one of the trainers and I've never seen an interview give us so many pointers, the trainer was supremely confident about his horses chances, talked it up, explained why it would win, told us it would win. It ran a blinder and won easily as he had suggested. I wish more trainers would be more open and less cliched.

"He's in great form and we're hopeful of a big run" "It has a good each way chance" I hate comments like this. I know some trainers don't want to give too much away but I'd rather they refused an interview than fed us with these bullshit racing cliches. They tell us absolutely nothing at all, pointless. I remember once watching an interview on ATR before an all weather race at Wolverhampton, literally about 2 mins before the off. They interviewed one of the trainers and I've never seen an interview give us so many pointers, the trainer was supremely confident about his horses chances, talked it up, explained why it would win, told us it would win. It ran a blinder and won easily as he had suggested. I wish more trainers would be more open and less cliched.
The problem is if that trainer's (the one at Wolves you mention) horse hadn't won, punters would accuse him of putting them away, and saying they bet he was laying it and fed the info on purpose. Similarly if a trainer says he doesn't think his horse is good enough to win, and then it does, he'd get accused of manipulating a larger price for connections to get on at.

"He's in great form and we're hopeful of a big run" "It has a good each way chance" I hate comments like this. I know some trainers don't want to give too much away but I'd rather they refused an interview than fed us with these bullshit racing cliches. They tell us absolutely nothing at all, pointless. I remember once watching an interview on ATR before an all weather race at Wolverhampton, literally about 2 mins before the off. They interviewed one of the trainers and I've never seen an interview give us so many pointers, the trainer was supremely confident about his horses chances, talked it up, explained why it would win, told us it would win. It ran a blinder and won easily as he had suggested. I wish more trainers would be more open and less cliched.
It seldom goes that way in racing ain't it?Who would want to be more open and expect peanuts on the tote rather than keep it safe.

Re: Cheltenham Chat The way Salut Flo got round, one blunder apart, was brilliant. Jumps with real economy. Riverside Theatre the ride of the week so far for me from Geraghty. May seem harsh but looked a bit poor from Lynch to switch Voler La Vedette when she'd got to within a length of Big Bucks approaching the last? Looked like it cost her a little momentum and further to run, to me. Re: above comments from trainers, well McCain commented this week prior to the races he was thrilled with both Overturn and Peddlers Cross this week, one ran his race, the other most certainly didn't. It shows whatever the trainers say, it isn't really possible to predict with certainty the sort of race they will run.

Re: Cheltenham Chat I wonder if McCain hoped Peddlers would be at his best so talked himself into saying he was thrilled with him. Maybe he just isnt good enough over fences and he will be back over hurdles next season apparently. Lynch switched because he didnt want to get into a battle with Big Bucks which is why Ruby moved him over in the first place as he wanted him to have some company to keep him going. So both jocks were being clever but VLV wouldnt have won whatever he did, although she ran a cracker.

Re: Cheltenham Chat Peddlers just hasn't looked a chaser at all. How is he rated 160? Hurdle form. Two different worlds. I said in one of the other threads he'll go back over hurdles next year and McCain said he'd be doing that after today. I still think he hasn't gotten over the season he had last year. He had some mighty hard races.