** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Sat 21st Jan Npower Football League Two

staffy

Saturday 21 January 2012HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gifAldershot Town v Accrington Stanley (15:00 GMT) 2.76 3.4 2.9 100.13 %
maximize.gifBradford City v Burton Albion (15:00 GMT) 2.25 3.5 3.45 102.00 %
maximize.gifCheltenham Town v Bristol Rovers (15:00 GMT) 1.78 3.8 5.5 100.68 %
maximize.gifCrewe Alexandra v Dagenham & Redbridge (15:00 GMT) 2.06 3.55 3.8 103.03 %
maximize.gifGillingham v AFC Wimbledon (15:00 GMT) 1.8 3.75 5.3 101.09 %
maximize.gifMorecambe v Torquay United (15:00 GMT) 2.5 3.45 2.92 103.23 %
maximize.gifNorthampton Town v Barnet (15:00 GMT) 2.44 3.55 3.2 100.40 %
maximize.gifOxford United v Hereford United (15:00 GMT) 1.66 3.9 6.4 101.27 %
maximize.gifPlymouth Argyle v Crawley Town (15:00 GMT) 5.1 3.9 1.76 102.07 %
maximize.gifRotherham United v Port Vale (15:00 GMT) 2.1 3.55 3.75 102.45 %
maximize.gifShrewsbury Town v Southend United (15:00 GMT) 2.38 3.35 3.25 102.64 %
maximize.gifSwindon Town v Macclesfield Town (15:00 GMT) 1.42 4.6 9.2 103.03 %

Re: Sat 21st Jan Npower Football League Two Fixture: Cheltenham v Bristol Rvrs Selection: Cheltenham Strength: 7/10 Date: 21/01/2012 Bookmaker/Price: CORAL 4/5 Reasoning: Cheltenham home season record is 9-2-2, beaten all promotion challengers at home this season. Won 69% of games at home. Current Form: W-D-L, (Goals F-A) Full: 4-2-0, (10-3) Home: 5-1-0, (10-1) Away: 5-1-0, (11-4) Cheltenham average 0.46 goals conceded at home this season (6 in total), best home defence record in league. Looking at form they are very good at home conceding 1 goal at home in last 6 games, which is very good considering that was over X-mas! Bristol Rovers have a new manager this week in Mark McGhee, this must be considered as a risk. New managers do tend to lift a side, no matter how bad. Rovers appear to be relative safe from relegation and require maybe 3-4 wins over the next 4 months to ensure this. Due to McGhee’s appointment odds have drifted for Cheltenham but I see this as an advantage and although I don’t let odds influence my choices, I am smiling more for getting better odds on Cheltenham! Current Form: W-D-L, (Goals F-A) Full: 1-1-4, (7-15) Home: 1-2-3, (7-11) Away: 1-1-4, (6-12) Bristol Rvrs have the second worst away defence in the league conceding on average +2 goals away from home per game. Not won away from home against a top 10 side all season!!

Re: Sat 21st Jan Npower Football League Two Fixture: Swindon Town v Macclesfield Town Selection: Swindon Town Strength: 9/10 Date: 21/01/2012 Bookmaker/Price: BET365 (VARIOUS) 2/5 Reasoning: Swindon Town home season record is 8-2-1, Lost once in last 10 games including a well earned victory against Wigan in the FA Cup. Won 73% of games at home. Current Form: W-D-L, (Goals F-A) Full: 4-1-1, (10-4) Home: 4-2-0, (12-3) Away: 3-2-1, (8-5) Swindon best defence in league only conceded 20 goals all season, 0.64 goals conceded at home per game. Average 2.27 goals per game at home, which is the highest in the league. Swindon was one of my main tips for promotion this season and if they can ride the Di Cano bus they might achieve this. Macclesfield sitting 9points above relegation and again 3-4 wins should achieve safety but I can’t see them gaining anything from this game. They struggle to score on their travels with an average 0.73 goals per away game. Not beaten a top 10 club away from home yet. Current Form: W-D-L, (Goals F-A) Full: 1-2-3, (3-8) Home: 1-3-2, (4-6) Away: 2-0-4, (4-9) Macclesfield appear to be a bit of Jekyll and Hyde team when concerning their defence. At home they have a top 6 defence record (43% home games end in clean sheet) but it’s away from home where they struggle sitting 15th in the league concerning defence away from home. Macclesfield biggest probably appears to be scoring home or away. Bottom 3rd team when concerning scoring, only scored 3 goals in their last 6 games. Failed to score in 64% of their away games all season!! The defence may produce the goods on the day but hard to see them keeping Swindon out for 90mins and reading the above, I cannot see them scoring against a Swindon defence that has kept 73% clean sheets at home!

Re: Sat 21st Jan Npower Football League Two this is my first post on the english leagues so hi everyone and keep up the great work as i love reading these posts in great detail every saturday morning before i place my bets Anybody any thoughts on the aldershot v accy game?? Personally i think there is some good value in accy bouncing back from their defeat to barnet last weekend and with aldershot not finding the net in 5 i think then it shows that confidence up front isnt that good. i have yet to look at the team news but without this factor i am definately edging towards an away win here. P.S I am loving the advice that has been posted on the swindon and cheltenham games and on a personal note looked at these 2 alonmg with accy in a treble for the weekend.

Re: Sat 21st Jan Npower Football League Two I knew this argument would come up. 1.4 on Swindon to beat Macclesfield is still a value bet as real odds considering both teams home/away record, motivation and recent form should be around 1.3. I am taking this bet as well in a double with another one in the Conference that I will post in the relevant thread tomorrow. Together I should get odds of around 2.25.

Re: Sat 21st Jan Npower Football League Two Torquay AH0 2.0 Pinnacle 4/10 Torquay is on a decent run (4-1-1) and their confidence should be superb. I think that they have the edge at Morecombe who became average after a good start. Their Form is ok though, in last four they got 1-2-1 but conceded too many goals. Last week they scored a very late equaliser at Bradford to make it 2-2. Home stats show that they have problems to win matches on their ground (3-4-6 22:19 goals). Morecombe is stronger away from home (only two defeats). Torquay have a solid away record (5-3-4). They lost vs strong teams like Shrewsbury, Southend and Accrington, the defeat at Bradford looks like an exception. The first encounter at Torquay was 1-1 btw. Tomorrow all players will be fit and as mentioned before their mood is superb. Verdict: In form Torquay will at least get a draw at a weak home team.

Re: Sat 21st Jan Npower Football League Two Swindon-Macclesfield AH-1,25 @1,92 5/10 12bet Swindon has the best squad in the divison by far. They signed Benson and now Rooney to improve their offense. Rooney should be on the bench. Swindon has a solid defense, they played 8 times to nil in 11 home matches. They only miss in defender McCormack. Macclesfield on a poor run lately, just 1-3-6 in the last 10 matches while they scored just 5 goals. Away from home they are just 3-0-8 with 8:18 goals. Draper (4 goals) and Chalmers (1 goal) are definetely ruled out. Tomlinson, Wedgbury and Donnelly are rated as doubtful. Swindon is the better side, my call 2:0 GL

Re: Sat 21st Jan Npower Football League Two

Swindon-Macclesfield AH-1,25 @1,92 5/10 12bet Swindon has the best squad in the divison by far. They signed Benson and now Rooney to improve their offense. Rooney should be on the bench. Swindon has a solid defense, they played 8 times to nil in 11 home matches. They only miss in defender McCormack. Macclesfield on a poor run lately, just 1-3-6 in the last 10 matches while they scored just 5 goals. Away from home they are just 3-0-8 with 8:18 goals. Draper (4 goals) and Chalmers (1 goal) are definetely ruled out. Tomlinson, Wedgbury and Donnelly are rated as doubtful. Swindon is the better side, my call 2:0 GL
Concur with this and glad I took this early at 4/7, odds shortening best price still 2/5! Thanks for the team news update! Out of interest what's the best sites for reliable injuries for all teams...?

Re: Sat 21st Jan Npower Football League Two Bradford vs Burton....BTTS....@ 4/6....stakes 1/10....Bradford's home games have an average of 3.07 goals per game and Burton's away trips yield an average of 3.69 goals per game.The brewers have only failed to score twice this season and the Bantams drew a blank at home also on two occasions. I think with Kee possibly back and also Richards and Zola also upfront then the away side could score at least one tomorrow and the home side who have scored 8 in their last 3 home games should at least find the net once against Burton who have conceded 25 times in 13 away games......

Re: Sat 21st Jan Npower Football League Two tip of the day gotta be plymouth to do crawley. crawley arent as good as some say always on poor run. plymouth wont be a place crawley are looking to visit right now. 4/1 or higher get on it.:ok crewe to beat dagenham at evens good price. morecambe at 6/4 v Torquay shrewsbury at 7/5 v southend also a price i think worth ago. accrington on great run at 17/10 v aldershot maybe worth looking at. add draw to keep that bet a safe 1.:ok

Fixture: Cheltenham v Bristol Rvrs Selection: Cheltenham Strength: 7/10 Date: 21/01/2012 Bookmaker/Price: CORAL 4/5 Reasoning: Cheltenham home season record is 9-2-2, beaten all promotion challengers at home this season. Won 69% of games at home. Current Form: W-D-L, (Goals F-A) Full: 4-2-0, (10-3) Home: 5-1-0, (10-1) Away: 5-1-0, (11-4) Cheltenham average 0.46 goals conceded at home this season (6 in total), best home defence record in league. Looking at form they are very good at home conceding 1 goal at home in last 6 games, which is very good considering that was over X-mas! Bristol Rovers have a new manager this week in Mark McGhee, this must be considered as a risk. New managers do tend to lift a side, no matter how bad. Rovers appear to be relative safe from relegation and require maybe 3-4 wins over the next 4 months to ensure this. Due to McGhee’s appointment odds have drifted for Cheltenham but I see this as an advantage and although I don’t let odds influence my choices, I am smiling more for getting better odds on Cheltenham! Current Form: W-D-L, (Goals F-A) Full: 1-1-4, (7-15) Home: 1-2-3, (7-11) Away: 1-1-4, (6-12) Bristol Rvrs have the second worst away defence in the league conceding on average +2 goals away from home per game. Not won away from home against a top 10 side all season!!
I'm backing this one also. Finding more value on Cheltenham @ 1,83 this weekend instead of backing Swindon @ 1,35. Good luck!

Fixture: Cheltenham v Bristol Rvrs Selection: Cheltenham Strength: 7/10 Date: 21/01/2012 Bookmaker/Price: CORAL 4/5 Reasoning: Cheltenham home season record is 9-2-2, beaten all promotion challengers at home this season. Won 69% of games at home. Current Form: W-D-L, (Goals F-A) Full: 4-2-0, (10-3) Home: 5-1-0, (10-1) Away: 5-1-0, (11-4) Cheltenham average 0.46 goals conceded at home this season (6 in total), best home defence record in league. Looking at form they are very good at home conceding 1 goal at home in last 6 games, which is very good considering that was over X-mas! Bristol Rovers have a new manager this week in Mark McGhee, this must be considered as a risk. New managers do tend to lift a side, no matter how bad. Rovers appear to be relative safe from relegation and require maybe 3-4 wins over the next 4 months to ensure this. Due to McGhee’s appointment odds have drifted for Cheltenham but I see this as an advantage and although I don’t let odds influence my choices, I am smiling more for getting better odds on Cheltenham! Current Form: W-D-L, (Goals F-A) Full: 1-1-4, (7-15) Home: 1-2-3, (7-11) Away: 1-1-4, (6-12) Bristol Rvrs have the second worst away defence in the league conceding on average +2 goals away from home per game. Not won away from home against a top 10 side all season!!
I probably won't bet on this game, but I've got a feeling Bristol Rovers just might pull off a surprise result. They beat Hereford in their last away game (the first league game since Paul Buckle was sacked). Then last weekend they drew at home with Crawley. Few people are expecting them to get anything from the game against Cheltenham. This will be Mark McGhee's first game, and as a reasonably local game, Rovers will be taking around 1,400 fans there. I think think they will raise their game quite a bit, and make things harder than usual for Cheltenham. Probably some value in backing against Cheltenham here at the current odds ... Rovers AH0 @ 3.55 Rovers AH +0.5 @ 2.1 Both with Bet 365

I probably won't bet on this game, but I've got a feeling Bristol Rovers just might pull off a surprise result. They beat Hereford in their last away game (the first league game since Paul Buckle was sacked). Then last weekend they drew at home with Crawley. Few people are expecting them to get anything from the game against Cheltenham. This will be Mark McGhee's first game, and as a reasonably local game, Rovers will be taking around 1,400 fans there. I think think they will raise their game quite a bit, and make things harder than usual for Cheltenham. Probably some value in backing against Cheltenham here at the current odds ... Rovers AH0 @ 3.55 Rovers AH +0.5 @ 2.1 Both with Bet 365
The Pirates have a new coach but nevertheless they will miss their top scorer.

Swindon-Macclesfield AH-1' date=25 @1,92 5/10 12bet Swindon has the best squad in the divison by far. They signed Benson and now Rooney to improve their offense. Rooney should be on the bench. Swindon has a solid defense, they played 8 times to nil in 11 home matches. They only miss in defender McCormack. Macclesfield on a poor run lately, just 1-3-6 in the last 10 matches while they scored just 5 goals. Away from home they are just 3-0-8 with 8:18 goals. Draper (4 goals) and Chalmers (1 goal) are definetely ruled out. Tomlinson, Wedgbury and Donnelly are rated as doubtful. Swindon is the better side, my call 2:0 GL
1:0, but 11-1 corners, 10-2 shots on goal, and 62% possesion:wall

Result: Cheltenham 0 Bristol Rovers 2 Both bets won (I did back Bristol Rovers after posting this) From the match report, it sounds as though the game was fairly even, and the finishing made the difference ... http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_3/16559144.stm

Bradford vs Burton....BTTS....@ 4/6....stakes 1/10....Bradford's home games have an average of 3.07 goals per game and Burton's away trips yield an average of 3.69 goals per game.The brewers have only failed to score twice this season and the Bantams drew a blank at home also on two occasions. I think with Kee possibly back and also Richards and Zola also upfront then the away side could score at least one tomorrow and the home side who have scored 8 in their last 3 home games should at least find the net once against Burton who have conceded 25 times in 13 away games......
1-1,bet won.....