England > Barclays Premier League > 2-4 January

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 2-4 January

Man City are not the same team as 2 or 3 years ago' date=' let alone 10 years ago. So stats are a waste of time in this fixture.[/quote'] It's the same as saying that any stats are irrelevant since different players played back then.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tip Detail
SportFootball (England - Prem)
EventEverton v Bolton
SelectionEverton
Strength3/10
Date04/01/2012
Bookmaker/PricePaddy Power @ 1.57
ReasoningEverton are on a good run of form at the moment unbeaten in 4. Bolton are looking like a side who will be relegated. Bolton only managed a draw at home to Wolves last time out and confodence muct be low. Everton Last time out won away to West Brom they wont want that good work to go to waste here.

i'm sorry but the price on pool looks too short to me. I understand if they were a top side' date=' but Liverpool, atm, are only a top side in regards to name and tradition. Not to mention City, i believed dropped just two points in the whole year of 2011, are a different force at eastlands. Ageuro, Silva and Balo all rested for this fixture so I fully expect city to return to scoring ways. so City at 10/11 is good for me. gl[/quote'] bet won, pretty straightforward stuff. City at eastlands have just been too tall of a task for the league.

Tip Detail
SportFootball (England - Prem)
EventNewcastle v Man UTD
SelectionMan UTD
Strength2/10
Date04/01/2012
Bookmaker/PriceVictor Chandler @ 1.80
ReasoningStarting with Newcastle. Since they started the season quite well more recently they have been quite poor and are finding it hard to get a win. Man UTD dont lose very often and certainly dont lose 2 in a row very often. I would expect Man UTD to beat newcastle more often than not and the odds of 1.80 are quite generous. Man UTD also have a good record against Newcastle and with City winning tonight they will want to close the gap again.

I am very short on time...so just a very quicky post from me. Today I chosen 2 bets Wigan v Sunderland (both to score 1,8@local bookie) and Man. City v Liverpool double chance draw or liverpool 1,95 (local bookie) The main reason for the both to score bet is their recent history...the last 4 matches among them got goals from both sides + now they both got weakend defences + some good recent results. Than I have choosen Liverpool to get smth from this game...due to the longer resting time than manchester had and also cause of the return of steven gerrard...it should be a boost. Than we have also slight form differences among these two sides...with the edge toward liverpool and I cannot pass a double chance on liverpool when it almost evens....sry for my short post but i am really in a hurry GL ALL :ok
At least got one of ´em right ;)

Man City V Liverpool - Time of First Goal After 25th Min Expecting a cagey opening to this game. There has already been money made this season on backing Man City to start slowly at home. I mentioned before hearing Mancini speak about the way he sets his team out at home, looking to gradually build pressure as opposed to going flat out from kick off. There are some well known stats on City being a 2nd half team at home, but I will include them in my analysis: - While City have won all 9 home PL games this season, they have been leading at HT in only 5 of those. - The other 4 have been 0-0. - Their goal record in these 9 games is F28 A4, however their HT record is only F7 A0. - The time of first goal in these 9 games is as follows (most recent first) 29, 53, 32, 41, 52, 28, 68, 13, 57 - So in 8/9 home games, the first goal came after 25 mins - They have failed to score in their last 2 games (v West Brom and Sunderland) - Liverpool have the best defence in the PL, conceding 15 goals in 19 games - Away from home they have shipped 7 in 9, but only 2 in the first half of these games - They have only conceded more than 1 goal once this season, in a 4 nil loss at Spurs where they finished with ten men - Away from home, the time of first goal has been as follows (again most recent first) n/a, 11, 85, 34, 9, 71, 7, 20, 78 - So first goal would only of copped in 4/9 aways - In games against other top 6 teams, the time of the first goal has been: 31, 34, 68, 7, 78 So while there have been early goals in a number of Liverpool's away games, this is more down to them playing a more attacking game against the lesser teams. It has been a tactic of Daglish's to press early in these games, with a view to not allowing the home side to build up a head of steam. The recent game away at Wigan is a good example of this, where Liverpool pressed high from the off, and could of scored 2 or 3 early goals. However in the games V top 6 sides, it is only the 4-0 drubbing at Spurs that saw an early goal. And in fairness in that game, Skrtel was played at right back and was not suprisingly destroyed by Gareth Bale. In each of the other 4 games, the first goal arrived after the 30th min. When these sides met at Anfield, Liverpool sat quite deep, and were happy for City to have the ball early on. I don't see it being any different tonight. While Gerrard is back in the mix, and obviously offers Liverpool more cutting edge going forward, I am sure that Daglish will be well aware that his maurauding captain is prone to neglecting his defensive duties. I expect him to plan accordingly, so as not to leave his side exposed in midfield as a result. I read in the Racing Post today that they expect Liverpool to be coming on strong late on, given that Man City played on Sunday, while Liverpool played on Friday night. However I would be concerned that the Liverpool midfield could tire. IMO Charlie Adam has been looking in need of a good rest for a good few weeks now, and obviously with Gerrard just back from injury, it is probably only reasonable to expect 60mins from him. In fact it will be interesting to see the selection Daglish makes in this regard. And if both Adam and Gerrard start, I may look to back City in play around 60 mins (depending on the score) as I think that 60 mins is the most that either these 2 have in the tank at the moment. Another play I may make if these 2 start, is for Jay Spearing to be booked. In this scenario, I would expect Spearing to have to get through a mountain of defensive work, much like Lucas did when these sides met at Anfield. In addition, I would expect Spearing to get the full 90 mins if Adam and Gerrard start, which always help with such bets. Finally, with fatigue a potentially big factor in this game, the 2nd half to be the highest scoring could appeal as it could open out as the game progresses. Anyway I will wait to see the line-ups for that, at the moment I like the bet on the first goal to arrive after the 25th min. 2pts Time of First Goal after 25th min @2.00 - Paddypower :hope
Bad mistake by Reina for the early goal :@

Gerrard on the bench, not too suprised to be honest. 3 men in the middle, Spearing, Adam & Henderson. Will pass on the Spearing booking this time, as he will have plenty of help in there. Going to use the Bet365 bonus to play up further on the goal markets. Will have 2 units on under 1.5 1st half goals @1.37, and once it goes in-play will have the same bet again with my free bet. With money back on the in-play bet if it loses, the exposure is just 2 points. So effectively getting 1.73 on this bet: 2pts Under 1.5 first half goals @1.73 - Bet365 :hope
Early goal was the killer here. In hindsight probably over exposed to an early goal with the 2 bets. -4pts tonight :(

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 2-4 January Newcastle - Manchester Utd.: Manchester Utd. @ 1.75 (Unibet) 10/10 There is a meaningful difference in roster quality between Newcastle and Man Utd. that obviously favours the latter. Beyond this, Newcastle's form in the last 8 matches has been very poor (1-2-5 record). Man Utd's form is very good in the last 8 matches (6-1-1 record) and they have a strong away record (7-2-0). Man Utd. will want to keep pace with 1st place and can certainly do it against a weaker opponent like Newcastle. The odds for Man Utd's win are priced fairly, I think. Everton - Bolton: Everton @ 1.57 (Paddy Power) 10/10 Everton isn't the most reliable home team (3-2-4 record) but the form is good in the last 8 matches (4-2-2 record) and it is up against Bolton which is in last place. Bolton's form is 1-1-6 and the away record is 3-0-6. In the last three seasons the result has been 2 wins for Everton and a draw. The odds are nothing to get excited about but Everton should win this match and continue the good form it has picked up.

United look very short to me, I'd want evens before going anywhere near them based on their serious injury problems at the back in particular. Newcastle have drawn their last two games against Manchester united, they'll go hard against a makeshift defence and Ba has the strength and size to hurt them. United at odds on is insane in my opinion. Sent from my A500 using PL Forum

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 2-4 January Newcastle United vs Manchester United Home side will try to use at maximum this kind of occasions. Newcastle are great on corners and free kicks and had many games won from these kind of situations. Manchester United are also a team that exploits very well these situations and will look to have as many as they can. 6 out of the 9th games played away were with more than 10.5 corners. Expect also here another game like we used to have the last 2: 14 last time, in November and 13 in April. Very confident for this one! Enjoy! over 10.5 corners @ 1.85 with bet365

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 2-4 January Everton vs Bolton Away side needs desperately points. Owen Coyle is looking to add more value in the transfer window but has to motivate his existing players very well for having good results. They lost home with Newcastle in an improper moment, after winning in Blackburn and managed just a 1-1 with Wolves. Now is there chance to impress again away. Everton are inconsistent, although they are on a good form. Expect Bolton to shine here, although this will be a tough game. Expect them to stay inside the AH imposed! away +1 AH @ 2.03 with betsson

dont they take a hugh chunk out of your winnings
Initially they take 5% of any winnings but the more you win the less the percentage. They have by far the best value though on most markets compared to other sites IMO. Regarding tonights matches there havent been any draws in this round of games since 31st December. How about backing both matches to be draws. You only need 1 to make a profit. Stranger things have happened over the festive fixtures! Bolton are fighting for their lives. No team needs motivating when Man Utd come to town. Good Luck all! :ok

Newcastle United vs Manchester United Home side will try to use at maximum this kind of occasions. Newcastle are great on corners and free kicks and had many games won from these kind of situations. Manchester United are also a team that exploits very well these situations and will look to have as many as they can. 6 out of the 9th games played away were with more than 10.5 corners. Expect also here another game like we used to have the last 2: 14 last time, in November and 13 in April. Very confident for this one! Enjoy! over 10.5 corners @ 1.85 with bet365
i think this is a good punt

Can someone tell me why Man Utd are getting backed in this match' date=' other than they have to win this. Do they have their bigger players back from injury?[/quote'] According to BBC Sport Rooney should be back after it was alleged that he was dropped for Blabkburn game for breach of club discipline. Also it says that Ferdinand & Smalling could return, nothing confirmed as yet although Sky Sports News may have more info. Stats wise United havent lost to Newcastle since 2001, thats 19 games, winning 15 & drawing 4 of those. Utd have only conceded 3 away goals all season & it seems that if Ferdinand & Smallling are back to keep Ba quiet then you cant see too many other likely Newcastle scorers. Ferguson usually gets a response from his team after a setback. I think they have gone on to win each time after a defeat this season.

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 2-4 January Game: Newcastle United v Manchester United Prediction: Newcastle are enjoying a good season thus far and will be looking to try and take advantage of an injury hit Man Utd team. But with Man Utd having dropped points against Blackburn at home, I believe they will be even hungrier to get all 3 in Newcastle and will have the players to do so, injury crisis or not. Man Utd to avoid losing. Pick: Both Teams to score @ 1.76 looks like a decent bet as Newcastle have the in form Ba amongst their ranks, are playing at home and are playing a supposedly make shift Utd defence. Utd being Utd, should be able to put at least one in the back of the net especially if Rooney comes back Should you be fairly confident with both teams being able to score, another bet to consider is Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.80. I think this bet is also fairly likely to reap profits, as i can see this game ending 2-1, 1-2, or 1-3 ish. But my main bet will be Both Teams to Score as I believe neither team will come out of tis game with a clean sheet. also, if half-time ends 0-0, then i believe the Over 2.5 goals bet will lose, whereas there is still a fair chance for both teams to score. Thoughts?

I'm going to place a 'statistics' bet tonight on number of goals instead of 1x2: Everton goals How can you say a clean sheet for Utd might look a safe bet, but to avoid surprises, I think 1.5 should be very safe here. We just witnessed a blackburn team with many injuries score 3 at old trafford, yes I would agree that the scoreline was a shock, but I really dont think Man Utd are as good a team as previous just now. Really couldn't take odds on away at the moment.

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 2-4 January The value in United is already eroded... I see decent value in the draw right now. Yes Newcastle havn't beaten them since 2001, but 4 of the last 8 have been draws!

26.11.2011Manchester United1-1Newcastle United
19.04.2011Newcastle United0-0Manchester United
16.08.2010Manchester United3-0Newcastle United
04.03.2009Newcastle United1-2Manchester United
17.08.2008Manchester United1-1Newcastle United
23.02.2008Newcastle United1-5Manchester United
12.01.2008Manchester United6-0Newcastle United
01.01.2007Newcastle United2-2Manchester United
With the Man City game also in the back of their minds, this is going to be a tough game. The draw has drifted to a very decent 3/1 and that will do me. Draw @ 4.0 Betfair

Re: England > Barclays Premier League > 2-4 January If Howard Webb will blow the whistle I strongly recommend DO NOT BET ON THIS GAME. Alongside Chris Foy Howard Webb is the worst English referee and makes huge mistakes - even beneficiary teams admit this. He should be suspended after last two games and if he will blow the whistle today means FA are total clowns, go for publicity at the expence of correctness Howard Webb is extremely biased on United side, many times he goes wrong in favour of them but first of all he is a poor very poor referee. Will London Donovan play tonight for Everton?