Scotland > Midweek > Clydesdale Bank Premier League > 28 December

Wednesday 28 December 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif Aberdeen v Hearts (19:45 GMT) 2.82 3.4 2.75 101.24 %
maximize.gif Celtic v Rangers (19:45 GMT) 2.04 3.5 4.33 100.69 %
maximize.gif Hibernian v Inverness Caledonian Thistle (19:45 GMT) 2.48 3.35 3.2 101.42 %
maximize.gif Motherwell v Dunfermline Athletic (19:45 GMT) 1.52 4.5 7.5 101.35 %
maximize.gif St Johnstone v Kilmarnock (19:45 GMT) 2.5 3.4 3.2 100.66 %
maximize.gif St Mirren v Dundee United (19:45 GMT) 3 3.4 2.62 100.84 %

Re: Scotland > Midweek > Clydesdale Bank Premier League > 28 December Hearts 0 @1.99 sbobet I opposed Hearts in last round, but they were the better team in last game and surely impressed with easy 2-0 win against one of best away teams MOtherwell. Now they facr Aberdeen, who also themsleves came from slump recently, but i reckon both teams are on way up, but Hearts mementum and overall team quality gives them the edge here. Odds are good for Hearts at least not to loose. Motherwell -1 @ 1.87 sbobet Big handy, but in last game worst team in league again dissapointed, they failed even to shot once on target and were completly overrun by St. Johnstone. Motherwell team that play better in away games, but this is great opportunitiy for them to get a needed win after they lost 0-2 against Hearts in last round. Probably a trashing here, but im going with safer -1 asian hcp.

Re: Scotland > Midweek > Clydesdale Bank Premier League > 28 December Can't recall ever having seen Motherwell on such a big line in the SPL. Perhaps in the latter days of Gretna's existence... Yes, Dunfermline are pants and Paul Gallacher is out again (Chris Smith was a disaster zone on Saturday), but while Well are 3rd in the league, they're 8th in the "home table", having scored only 7 goals in their 9 games. They haven't won a home SPL game since September. Dunfermline have picked up some decent wins on their travels (Dundee Utd, St Johnstone) and were unlucky at Parkhead and Ibrox in the last few weeks. Gallacher is the difference, though, so would think Motherwell will get the points, but not so sure you'll get your thrashing. Steve Jennings was a big loss for them on Saturday and he's out again. Dunfermline might have lost heavily in their last two games, but that means the only thing they'll be working on at training is defending. Good luck though.

Re: Scotland > Midweek > Clydesdale Bank Premier League > 28 December I cant help but think of taking that price on Celtic. Rangers are in a mess at the moment after their loss to St Mirren, but that has been coming for weeks as they have been performing very lackluster stuff. Celtic are on the other hand of the scale, playing some good stuff and also playing with confidence with the same cannot be said about Rangers.

Re: Scotland > Midweek > Clydesdale Bank Premier League > 28 December

I cant help but think of taking that price on Celtic. Rangers are in a mess at the moment after their loss to St Mirren' date=' but that has been coming for weeks as they have been performing very lackluster stuff. Celtic are on the other hand of the scale, playing some good stuff and also playing with confidence with the same cannot be said about Rangers.[/quote'] It's a football cliche, but you really can throw the form book out the window. Agree that the momentum's with Celtic, but I don't think they're playing all that well. Eight wins in a row is great stuff in anyone's book, but they've mostly been scrappy, tight games won by the odd goal. Still think they lack that bit of magic - a "number 10" - which might be needed tomorrow because Rangers will set up camp on the 18-yard line to try and force Celtic wide, knowing there's no aerial target in the box. Think Rangers have been playing poorly because they lack the invention to go out and dominate proceedings and it doesn't suit them. Tomorrow, they don't have to do that. They'll go out and do what they're good at, which is sit back and counter. Lee McCulloch's reprieve is vital for Rangers. He'll be so close to Bocanegra and (probably) Weir that he might as well be a third centre-back. Reckon it'll be hard for Celtic to work their way into the danger zone.

Re: Scotland > Midweek > Clydesdale Bank Premier League > 28 December Cause I think Celtic should be better paid (in any case above @2). Celtic is certainly close to victory (looking form and home advantage), but in Old Firm that I will hardly take them at this price. However, Rangers is best away team in the league and still are first, so that pressure will be on the Bhoys. While they play more beautiful football, tomorrow will win more cautious and more concentrated team and at this time it can be easily the Gers who have already stumbled in the last round. @2.25 was nice, but now...

Cause I think Celtic should be better paid (in any case above @2)
Yeah, but you had to expect that they'd be backed heavily. Lay punters looking at form table were always going to pile on Celtic at those odds. By kick-off time the odds will probably have reset themselves so you'll likely get Celtic at over 2.00 then.

Re: Scotland > Midweek > Clydesdale Bank Premier League > 28 December Live bet is probably the best option here. Stokes is returned, Forrest is likely to play and they can pass slow Weir. Hooper and Samaras are a constant threat for McGregor. But on the other hand best defender Majstorovic is out so Jelavic will easier come into opportunities. I will definitely watch game and bet with the pleasurable. Btw I hope that there will be a great atmosphere as always, and that we will have something good to see despite the fact that Scottish football doesn't have enough quality in recent times. I'm especially pleased that matches are played in the evening, fans who working will just have time to "prepare"

Re: Scotland > Midweek > Clydesdale Bank Premier League > 28 December I Hope everyone had a good christmas. Now lets make some money. I have 3 bets for tomorrows games. Aberdeen v Hearts

btts over goals conceded every premier league game scored themselves of the hibs so far apart top scorer gary o connor should for hibs. shinnie is doubt but even if he does not play can see both teams scoring here. mirren dundee united involved some highest spl out last st had least goals. start same squad bet on christmas eve. willo flood return after missing betting smaller am avoiding bets old firm derby as cannot find any value bets. unpredictable form goes window. win would overly confident there good too short me. wish me luck>

Re: Scotland > Midweek > Clydesdale Bank Premier League > 28 December First thought on the Old Firm derby is that I won't touch it with a barge pole in terms of result or goals, although as they're usually tight affairs, the unders has to be a consideration if youre that way inclined. Yes Rangers are imploding but when these two meet form goes out the window, home or away. The only thing I'd be confident of in fact is bookings and with crappy odds of 1.20 for 9pts+ the bookies know this too. Player to get sent off @ 2.80 on Betfair isn't bad at all given that Rangers in particular look angry & frustrated at the moment, just look at McCulloch's daft red against St.Mirren. I'll wait til tomorrow for player bookings but I reckon the usual suspects such as Brown, Kayal & Lafferty should be in consideration.

Re: Scotland > Midweek > Clydesdale Bank Premier League > 28 December As mentioned above with old firm games, anything can happen so I'm as well staying clear of the full time results. I do beleive though there is value in the cards. If you look at the Celtik v Rangers game on March 2, 2011 it was absoloutley brutal, with 12 yellow cards, managers fighting, players fighting and so on. After that game there was alot of pressure put on the managers, fans and players to behave, with threats of old firm games being banned. Since then the last 3 H2H matches were under 6.5 cards (one game 6 cards) This game particularly I beleive there is value in under 6 cards @ +110 Bet365. Besides the last three h2h games, Rangers were dealt a few cards last game against St Mirren including two reds. The Red against Lee is being appealed, and I beleive the Gers are going to be extra carfull tomorrow to keep men on the pitch! Then again it could be a total gong show :D Under 6 cards @ +110 bet 365 GL All

Re: Scotland > Midweek > Clydesdale Bank Premier League > 28 December new poster 10/10 bet on Celtic to beat Rangers. Momentum is massive and Rangers will be too worried about losing this game to even go for a win. Celtic will win guaranteed. I was shocked when I saw the price. first post and only posting because its the first bet Ive been certain on. Forget the "out the window" stuff. Im quite certain of a win for Celtic.:D

Re: Scotland > Midweek > Clydesdale Bank Premier League > 28 December I'll get back into the SPL thread for this round of matches. Quite a trappy little card but fancy this one bet to do the job tonight ... - Hearts to win or draw (v Aberdeen at Pittodrie) x Dundee United to win or draw (v St Mirren at St Mirren Park) @ 1.95 with bet365 Trying out a little double on these, mainly because at the time of writing, the juice had fallen out of the DNB and 0AH lines. Let's start with Hearts. One away win all season suggests that they are poor travellers but tonight is the first time in a while they leave Edinburgh in decent fettle. Two good, convincing home wins have partially erased the chaos behind the scenes, and on the pitch the Jambos look a much more confident and threatening side. This is partly down to manager Paulo Sergio playing a more natural selection - by this I mean selecting players in their proper positions. Stephen Elliott is leading the line well with two goals in two games, Mehdi Taouil is prompting and probing from the hole and David Templeton offers natual width. They, at last, look dangerous going forward. Defensively they miss Jamie Hamill, so Darren Barr will play at right-back. I've not got too much of an issue with this, mainly because Aberdeen are without a decent winger. Robert Milsom will look to supply width but he is generally a central midfielder. The Dons are without Peter Pawlett, Mohamed Chalali and possibly Fraser Fyvie, all good runners with the ball. I think they'll lack incisiveness out on the flanks. The Dons are inconsistent, like many teams in this league. They are very iffy in defence - they lost two bad set-play goals at Inverness - and stuffy in midfield, more workmanlike than anything else. Hearts, who haven't lost in their last five trips to Pittodrie, have a solid defensive core and a good keeper in Marian Kello. They will be hard to break down. The draw is the big danger here, but to combine that outcome with a Hearts win seems logical. Aberdeen aren't a team to be feared and the visitors have many men looking for a move away from the club when the transfer window opens. That's a dangerous fact for the Dons. Hearts have a point to prove and could well take something here. The team I wish to double them up with are Dundee United, who I think will avoid defeat in Paisley this evening. I suspect a lot of people will take notice of St Mirren's win at home to Rangers last week and that is fair enough. However, I thought the Buddies struggled with the champions until Lee McCulloch was sent off and still looked a tad vulnerable with a numerical advantage. There's no doubt Danny Lennon's side are good in attack and they will create chances. Dundee United, though, are also a vibrant side with goals at their disposal. Jon Daly and Johnny Russell are developing a nice partnership while Gary Mackay-Steven is flourishing on the wing. They have goals in midfield and attack and break with pace - they are a tricky side to keep control of. United have only lost three times on the road this season - at the Old Firm and Aberdeen - and are a side that very rarely gives up. The way they came back from a goal down to beat Hibs on Christmas Eve emphasises this. Moreover, St Mirren are without Jim Goodwin. Now, Goodwin's one of these enforcing midfielders who likes to bully and take control of the match. He's an effective player and he'll be missed, as he would be the one likely to break up United's tippy-tappy midfield. They didn't miss him so much against Rangers because they had numerical supremacy but tonight could be a different story. United have a strong chance of taking something from Renfrewshire and combined with Hearts to do the same in the north-east, I'll make the double my play in this round.

Re: Scotland > Midweek > Clydesdale Bank Premier League > 28 December Celtic v Rangers When it comes to the Old Firm it's clear that don't need much to look at the table, form and team performance. This is the game that is much more than that. Passion, emotion and a big desire to beat rival is Old Firm, probably the biggest football derby in the world. Therefore, it's always inappropriate to bet here, yet I'll try with a risky option. Rangers have the advantage of only one point, although at one time were 12 points ahead, it seems to me. Which indicates that the Celtic in much better shape, also watching the last games of these teams. Best home against best away side. The first game of the season won the Gers at Ibrox (4:2), but the Bhoys will now have home advantage and great support of fans (Rangers fans will be only 7,000 in the stadium that has 60,000 seats, in the words of my countrymen Krivokapic who is Celtic's coach in junior category). Both teams will be weakened in the defense: Majstorovic (imo the best defender) and Loovens are injured for Neil Lenonn's team, while Goian is suspended for Rangers. Matthews, Izaguirre and Stokes are fit for Bhoys but I'm not sure that will start. Forrest was in doubt, but likely he will play from start. Commons is long term injured, like Naismith for McCoist's side. McCulloch and Whittaker will be ready for the Gers. Both goalkeepers (Forster and McGregor) are great and that all defenders are ready today this would be safe under match. But Celtic without key man Majstorovic and Rangers with old and slow captain Weir in defense "guarantee" that there won't be goalless. Forster - Cha, Wanyama, Mulgrew, Ledley - Forrest, Brown, Ki, Kayal - Hooper, Samaras McGregor - Whittaker, Bocanegra, Weir, Papac - Edu, McCulloch, Davis, Wallace - Lafferty (Aluko) - Jelavic. This is just my guess how will appear starting line-up (while the Hoops have better players on the bench). I'm now afraid that I was writing a lot, and said a little... In any case I see 1:0 or 2:1 win for Celtic. Celtic win by 1 @4.00 bet365 1/10

Re: Scotland > Midweek > Clydesdale Bank Premier League > 28 December Premier Leauge 20:00 Celtic - Rangers ----------------------- red card in a game (yes) - 2.64 ladbrokes In last 6 h2h meatings we had 4 red cards if we go deeper into stats in last 10 games in 6 of them we had a red card. I dont see this game getting even close of beeing a small draw, its going to be a thoguht old firm and a chance for celtic to go in first place. Reff is William Collum and he can show samo cards by his stats. Its a derby game and what elde to expect then a bunch of a cards and a red one for sure!

Re: Scotland > Midweek > Clydesdale Bank Premier League > 28 December Frequent showers of rain, perhaps with a little hail or sleet by or soon after dusk, with some clear spells during the match. There will be severe westerly gales with steady speeds around 40mph, which will veer a bit more northwesterly and begin to ease. There is a risk of gusts over 70mph in the afternoon but probably no more than 40 to 50mph during the match. The temperature is forecast to be between three and six degrees Celsius weather forecast for Celtic Park...

Re: Scotland > Midweek > Clydesdale Bank Premier League > 28 December Don't worry about the Old Firm game being off - for several reasons, not least the telly bosses. The other grounds all have gaps in the corners, so they could be at risk. Motherwell-Dun Utd was an utter farce in those conditions a few weeks ago, so right call IMO.

As mentioned above with old firm games, anything can happen so I'm as well staying clear of the full time results. I do beleive though there is value in the cards. If you look at the Celtik v Rangers game on March 2, 2011 it was absoloutley brutal, with 12 yellow cards, managers fighting, players fighting and so on. After that game there was alot of pressure put on the managers, fans and players to behave, with threats of old firm games being banned. Since then the last 3 H2H matches were under 6.5 cards (one game 6 cards) This game particularly I beleive there is value in under 6 cards @ +110 Bet365. Besides the last three h2h games, Rangers were dealt a few cards last game against St Mirren including two reds. The Red against Lee is being appealed, and I beleive the Gers are going to be extra carfull tomorrow to keep men on the pitch! Then again it could be a total gong show :D Under 6 cards @ +110 bet 365 GL All
I like your reasoning but im going for the opposite of this. Simply being the fact that its an Old Firm Derby and with Rangers losing on Saturday they will go all out to try and get at least a point here otherwise Celtic will go above them. As much as both teams will want to be careful, passion will always come into this game and one bad challenge could spark everything off. Im sure if there is a bad early challenge the ref will want to show some discipline otherwise he could lose control of the whole game. im going for... 10 Points Over 56 Booking Points @ 1.7 StanJames 5 points Over 70 Booking Points @ 2.25 Sporting 2.5 points Red Card in Game @ 3 William Hill 2.5 Points Time of 1st Card 1st to 15th Minute @ 2.6 William Hill

Re: Scotland > Midweek > Clydesdale Bank Premier League > 28 December Aberdeen v Hearts: Hearts (0AH) @ 1.82 with 188Bet (3pts) Price has just drifted into the zone enough to have a play. Thinking goes pretty much along the same lines as Atko. Hearts have just too much creativity here. Likes of David Templeton and Mehdi Taouil are in the shop window with Hearts about to downsize and have the class to carve Aberdeen open. Aberdeen don't have enough good players to keep the ball for long periods. Hitting Scott Vernon and Rory Fallon early won't work against Marius Zaliukas and Andy Webster, and without any spark in the wide areas, it's hard to see them hurting the visitors. St Mirren v Dundee Utd: Dundee Utd (0AH) @ 1.83 with 188Bet (3pts) Again, like Atko, I can't see United losing here. Both sides are in decent nick, unbeaten in three, but United just look a bit more dangerous for me. They have more options. If it's not working on the deck, they can go wide and look to hit Jon Daly. St Mirren struggle with the direct approach and can be predictable on the ball, often passing for the sake of passing. Not sure raised expectations from beating Rangers will do them many favours. Good luck tonight, folks.

Hey guys What do you think about 2 games in SPL. I see two best bet in St Mirren vs. Dundee United both to score and Aberdeen vs. Hearts under 2.5. Any opinion? thanks
Some folk have already given their opinions on those games. Have a scout around and see what you think. Or why not tell us why you like those lines.

Re: Scotland > Midweek > Clydesdale Bank Premier League > 28 December Hibernian v Inverness Coach Fanlon still waiting for the first points and now has a nice chance for that. The Hibs play two consecutive games at home, it's especially important following against city rival. Team has improved play, but they lack confidence. They share last place with the Pars, and if they lose again will be in big trouble. But victory would fortify their mental strength before derby against Hearts. CT won Aberdeen in last round and so escaped from the bottom. But two wins in a row are difficult achievable for incomplete team of Terry Butcher. Good news for home team is returning of topscorer O'Connor, while midfielder Osbourne is still out. On the other hand, Shinnie (topscorer) and Tokely are highly doubtful. Doran and Meekings are recovered but Chippendale, Proctor, Hogg and Tudur Jones remain on the sidelines. 1 DNB @1.74 gamebookers 3/10 ------------------------------------------- St Johnstone v Kilmarnock Lomas wants to improve his team's performance at home. He is buoyed by the fact that captain Morris and topscorer Sandaza are returned to the team in last round's win vs Dunfermline. Away side don't have problems with absences and that is their biggest asset, but their games on the road are not convincing. Here I expect uncertain match, but home team should be close to victory with an important players recovered. Wright and Sheridan are missings for Saints, but Robertson is back. Killie is full. 1 DNB @1.70 bwin 3/10

Re: Scotland > Midweek > Clydesdale Bank Premier League > 28 December Hibernian - Inverness Hibernian is 11th in the table, 3-5-11 and 14 pts, home record 1-3-5. Inverness is 10th in the table, 5-3-12 and 18 pts, away record 2-1-7. Both teams are strugglin for relegation. For me its a hard game... Pick: D Odds : 3.30 Stake : 5 Bookie : William Hill

Some folk have already given their opinions on those games. Have a scout around and see what you think. Or why not tell us why you like those lines.
I see the other com. about this two games, thanks. I don't now so much about Scotish Premier League and at first glance, offer betting on these two games, I like, not much to say about them, understand? I follow my bet, whatever... :cigar Good luck with your bets and Cheers. :) ;)

Re: Scotland > Midweek > Clydesdale Bank Premier League > 28 December Celtic vs Rangers - Rangers @ 4.2 Betfair As many have already said, you might as well throw the form book out of the window for this one. I know Rangers have been very poor of late, and are in something of a crisis at the moment but I think too many are overestimating Celtic. Don't forget that there is just as much pressure on Celtic to get a result here as Rangers, if not more. Having said all this, I think it's fair to say that this one could go either way and therefore the value here is very much with Rangers. I'm surprised at just how long the odds are for Rangers to be honest. Not saying I think Rangers are definitely going to win, but they're much better value than backing Celtic in my opinion. Rangers worth the punt - I could see them nicking it 0-1 or maybe 1-2. Aberdeeen vs Hearts - Hearts @ 2.66 Betfair Very tight game to call this, but Hearts have just got the edge in terms of quality in my opinion. They come into this game off the back of two very good wins against Motherwell and Dunfermline and concede very few on their travels - just 7 all season. Aberdeen aren't on a bad run of form, but a poor result against Inverness on Christmas Eve might have rocked them just a little bit. As I say, tough to call but I'll be backing Hearts tonight on the basis that they have too much quality for a distinctly average Aberdeen side. St. Mirren vs Dundee United - Dundee United @ 2.66 Betfair I expect another close game here, but I'll be backing Dundee United for similar reasons to Hearts - they have more quality and more options than St. Mirren. Dundee have 2 wins and a draw in their last 3 games, including an impressive 3-1 victory over Hibs on Christmas Eve. St. Mirren are also in decent form with 2 draws and a win from their last 3 and come in off the back of a great victory against Rangers. I just wonder whether that win has perhaps made them a little complacent and that they might be brought back down to earth by a strong Dundee United side this evening. They're prolific scorers away from home - 18 goals all season - and so should cause the St. Mirren defence a few problems tonight. St Mirren, on the other hand, have trouble finding the net. My money's on maybe 1-2 or 1-3 but I'll certainly be backing Dundee to win. An ambitious treble on these three results gives you odds of 26.16 @ Betfair. Well worth a punt imo :hope