England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December

Spooner

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December

Villa vs Arsenal – Arsenal to win 1.75 at Victor Chandler (3 units) :ok Fulham vs Man Utd – Man Utd to win 1.80 at Victor Chandler (2.5 units):ok Wigan vs Liverpool – over 2.5 goals 2.0 at bet365 (2 Units):$ Newcastle vs West Brom – Newcastle -0.5AH 2.03 at bet365 (2 units):$ :hope
Liverpool still wasteful, missing a penalty and a few other decent chances. Still +0.25 profit for the day, better than nothing!

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. Quick selections for tonight: Arsenal 1.80 10/10 VC :) Late goal by Yossi keeps Arsenal rolling Utd 1.760 Pinnacle 10/10 :) Didnt expect to see 5 goals, but a win is a win! Newcastle -0.5 2.025 365 10/10 :( Back to reality for the Toon! Everton -1.0 2.075 10/10 188 - Stake returned Couple of extra bets from a hat: QPR - Sunderland DRAW 12/5 SB :wall So close!! Wigan - Liverpool DRAW 16/5 188 :cow Well deserved Wigan point! City -1.5 vs Stoke 1.850 CC :)
Nice profit for the day

Fulham v Man United Why Man United are 1.72is crazy to me. There performance against QPR was up there with there top performances this season. They compeltely controlled that game. Fulham are a similar team to QPR so I can only see a similar outcome in this game. Yes Fulham are on a good run of form but they still have not won back to back games since last April and I cannot see them getting a result against a team which have the best away record in the premierleague. Looking at head to heads in the last 20 games between the two clubs Fulham have only won 3 times,while United have won 13. I can see that being 14 in 21 after tonight. Fulham have only scored 18 goals in 16 Premier League games this season and if the rumours of a Jol Zamora bust up are true he won't be playing tonight and if not I can see United keeping another clean sheet. Rooney and Hernadez are both over evens to score tonight. I feel this is unbelievable value. My Bets Man United @ 1.72 :loon Man United -1 @ 2.87 :loon Man United Clean Sheet @ 2.29 :loon Hernandez Anytime Goalscorer @ 2.10 - Didnt Play - Void
3/3 for this match:loon:loon:loon Making that a full house for my bets today 7/7. Hope I helped people win some cash for christmas :clap

Arsenal to bt Aston Villa @ 1.80 (Pinnacle:7pts)
WIN........+5.6pt profit from this one. Didnt see this effort from Villa against Pool or United, funny that. Delighted to stick the knife in McLeish at the end tbh. Come on you Arsenal!

Arsenal @ 4/5' date= 2 Units :clap Looked fantastic today against City and showed what an improvement they've made since the 8-2 against United. Villa were hopeless against Liverpool today and as said above, without Bent and/or Agbonlahor they have nothing going forward. I think they should cruise this game but in case he rests Van Persie I'm avoiding handicaps. Newcastle -0.5 @ 1.925, 2 Units :wall I think Newcastle have been really unlucky in their last couple of games. They have hit the woodwork 3 times in each and despite being outplayed, could have taken more points from both. I'm backing their luck to come good again against West Brom who haven't impressed me so far. Man United -0.5,-1 @ 2.0, 2 Units :clap United are beginning to play good football again after a lull. They could have put 6 or 7 past QPR today and if players like Carrick and Evans continue playing like they did today they will go a long way to silencing even the most vocal of their critics (me included). While I think we still need to buy a CM in January, if we continue to play like we did today we will be most PL sides comfortably. I would have gone for a higher handicap but I wanted to maintain a level of safety as I'm also using these bets for my multiples below. All the above as 3 Doubles, 1 Unit each. The above as a Threefold @ 6.9, 1 Unit. GL all! :hope
West Brom were better than I gave them credit for!! 1 Unit profit from the above. Shame as Newcastle cost me almost 11 Units profit (3 on the doubles, 6 on the accumulator and 2 on the single)! :(

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December I just lost a big write up on the Tottenham v Chelsea game :wall Just to summarize... Harry Redknapp has injuries an doubts to key personel, so we might see a cautious approach from them, Chelsea no they can't let the distance between them an Spurs get wider so its important for them that they don't lose. Both teams won't want to go into xmas on a back of a defeat, the draw is a big player as i feel both teams ain't firing at all cylinders to justify all 3 points Draw at Halftime @ 5/4 Draw at Fulltime @ 5/2 Chelsea +0.5 - Corner HCap @ 1.950 bet 365

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December Spurs vs. Chelsea Lennon will definitely be out and if you believe Harry Redknapp, Gareth Bale is "very doubtful" with his ankle injury that he suffered in the last match. Spurs have more injury worries in Defoe and Adebayor, hamstring and foot injury respectively, although whether they miss out will be seen when the teamsheets are announced. So my final bet will be decided later today but assuming Spurs must make do without them I find their attacking threat greatly diminshed as we all know they rely on pace down their wings. What goes in Tottenham's favour is that Chelsea haven't won a game at WHL on their last 5 visits and in the last 5 Premier League matches at home, Spurs have only conceded 2 goals. On the road, Chelsea have had unimpressive scorelines against teams you would expect them to walk over: 0-1 loss to QPR, 0-1 win over a relegation fighting Blackburn and a 1-1 draw with Wigan. So they show signs of inconsistency and potential weaknesses when playing away against lacklustre sides. AVB has no faith whatsoever it seems in Torres and some would say with Sturridge scoring 8 goals there is no need for the Spaniard. However, ignoring Sturridge we see that Lampard is next with 7 goals and then John Terry with 4. Maya and Ramires have both scored 3 apiece. I expect Chelsea to be low on confidence and in terms of likelihood of goals it is similar to Arsenal, you only really see one player scoring for them if at all in the form of Daniel Sturridge. Both he and Mata will be a constant threat to the Tottenham defence, Sturridge a direct threat with his runs and Mata the playmaker dragging out defenders and being a target to be closed down. This should mean that the spurs fullbacks won't be as attacking as they were against a stagnant Sunderland. With Parker & Sandro defensive minded in midfield and Luka Modric & Van der Vaart supporting Adebayor if he is fit or Pavlyuchenko, I'm guessing that Chelsea's midfield will constantly be hardpressed and working at a high rate, meaning Chelsea will have to look for openings rather than being the bullish team they like to be. I don't think this will be a high-scoring match. For these reasons, subject to team news: Both Teams to Score @ 8/13 (bet365) would be a safe bet I believe. Under 2.5 @ 21/20 (bet365) will be a more chancey bet that I may consider taking.

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December Both Chelsea and Tottenham are inconsistent at the moment and it is very likely that Spurs will be without some of their key players. Head to head meetings between these two sides are also inconsistent. In my opinion this game is a clear No Bet for me. I will be back with my betting tips before Boxing Day. Happy holidays :cheers

I just lost a big write up on the Tottenham v Chelsea game :wall Just to summarize... Harry Redknapp has injuries an doubts to key personel, so we might see a cautious approach from them, Chelsea no they can't let the distance between them an Spurs get wider so its important for them that they don't lose. Both teams won't want to go into xmas on a back of a defeat, the draw is a big player as i feel both teams ain't firing at all cylinders to justify all 3 points Draw at Halftime @ 5/4 Draw at Fulltime @ 5/2 Chelsea +0.5 - Corner HCap @ 1.950 bet 365
Sorry, i dont quite get what draw at fulltime implies? is it just a draw? because this is a league game there isnt any extra time. or does it refer to 90 mins directly before injury time starts. or does it refer to min 45 to full time?

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December All in all a decent night, profit of £140 isn't bad just before Christmas. I had £50 on an Arsenal and United double which returned £146 and a late decision on the city game of -2 pulled through where £40 returned £105. Losing bets included Arsenal -1 United -1 double for £10 at 8/1 which I believe was pretty much unlucky Mertasacker was to keen to tackle on the Albrighton goal for me, the last bet was Arsenal, Newcastle, Everton and United fourfold £10 at 9/1 which was unlucky also, when the game was at 2-2 it was obvious there was going to be a winner at The Sports Direct Arena and being as Demba Ba was on 2 already I honestly thought he would have pulled through for me. On the other hand my two main bets pulled through and my two longshots were not far off coming in, I also suggested Arsenal to finish 3-1 (close) Demba Ba to score first (scored second) and Everton to win 1-0 at 5/1 I didn't personally do this but If people see my earlier review and did bravo. Tottenham v Chelsea I personally wouldn't touch the game tonight but the safest bet is probably going to be BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE @ 8/13 as I see this one either finishing a 1-1 draw or 2-1 either way. Mister Badham

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December Well done MisterBadham :clap I also had a decent return with Arsenal, Man City, Man Utd all winning :clap I'm opting for both teams to score at White Hart Lane tonight (1.57 at William Hill) and I also fancy Juan Mata to score first (8.50 at William Hill) :clap:clap Good luck folks :cheers

Sorry, i dont quite get what draw at fulltime implies? is it just a draw? because this is a league game there isnt any extra time. or does it refer to 90 mins directly before injury time starts. or does it refer to min 45 to full time?
Yes it means that a game will end in a draw.

I have 100 quid on spurs and chelsea to draw ' date=' safe bet i think ..:beer[/quote'] Guys, please have a read of the rules as this thread is for posts with reasoning and debate :ok Please have a look here if you are unsure http://forum.punterslounge.com/f6/quality-posts-uk-football-forum-discussion-109435/ ... we don't ask for an essay, just words on why you're taking that bet :ok

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December Spurs 2.8ish @ Pinnacle now, Chelsea 2.5ish. Something up there, I cannot see how Chelsea can be favourites going into this one. Possibly something with team news/injuries. Even if Bale was out, the odds still seem skewed to me.

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December Head to Head Stat at White Hart Lane 6 out of the last 9 league meetings between Spurs & Chelsea at White Hart Lane have ended under 2.5 goals. If both Lennon & Bale are missing Spurs will go for a narrower midfield which could lead to a midfield stalemate, especially with Chelsea strong in the centre of midfield. Limited space for Modric to influence the play in the last third. I think both teams will be a little cautious to start with as neither team will want to lose this game going into the upcoming hectic Christmas schedule. Good Luck all! :ok

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December Tottenham v Chelsea, Under 2.5 Goals @ Evens, 5 Units I think this will be a cagey affair, with Chelsea coming off a draw at Wigan and Tottenham having lost to Stoke and then scraped a win vs Sunderland. Chelsea strike me as an incredibly nervous team under AVB, particularly in big games. With the potential for Tottenham to be without Bale and possibly Defoe and Adebayor I don't see them scoring many at all. Chelsea really need sturridge to have a good game but Tottenham will know this and surely be focussed on stopping him and Mata which could kill the game if they are successful. My confidence is boosted by the stat above about 6 of 9 head to heads here being Under. Chelsea have only gone Over 50% away from home and with the importance of this game I'm backing it to be Under tonight. GL all!:hope

Both Teams to Score @ 8/13 (bet365) would be a safe bet I believe. Under 2.5 @ 21/20 (bet365) will be a more chancey bet that I may consider taking.
The only way for you to win both bets is a 1 - 1 draw! This means that you'll still make a reasonable loss or a tiny profit if any one of them comes through... AND any big win to nil will make you lose both your bets!

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December Tottenham vs Chelsea Nice night in for a London giants clash! Lets hope for a good game! Tottenham have been flying since losing to both Manchester clubs and have been desposing of weaker teams with ease. However, they have a terrible record against bigger teams especially away from home. At home though, they lost heavily against a superb City side and only managed to beat a 9 - man liverpool side, who put up a good fight. I'd expect Spurs to struggle against Chelsea. Mata and Sturridge look on superb form and Villas-Boas will see this fixture as 3 points that they can take. Spurs have injury problems. Bale, Lennon and Adebayor have been key for them this season and especially Bale and Lennon really gets the crowd going with their pace. They will be missed should they both not make it. Chelsea -0.5 2.725 10/10 Pinnacle Chelsea 2 - 1 BF 13.50 0.5/10 Dont usually take CS, but 2 - 1 is screaming at me.

port Football (England - Prem)
Event Tottenham - Chelsea
Selection Draw
Strength 10/10
Date 22/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 3.49
Reasoning Difficult to seperate these sides. The Spurs have home adv. but at the same time its a derby, and anything can happen. AVBs been having trouble closing games, and Tottens defence conceding against very modest oppositions. If Chelsea win they will move ahead of Tottenham, with one more game played. But the most important thing here for both teams is not to lose. As tight as they are in the table I expect this game to be on the field. To close to call at either side, with smal margins probabely deciding, the mainn value for me is on the X. GL!

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December Tottenham - Chelsea: Draw @ 3.50 (Ladbrokes) 10/10 The teams are pretty similar at the moment. After 15 matches Tottenham is 3rd (2 matches in hand against 1st place Man City which has played 17) with 34 points. After 16 matches Chelsea is in 4th place with 32 points. Tottenham's home advantage may be compromised by some important missing players. The last 2 matches haven't been great performances (defeat at Stoke and a thin 1-0 win against Sunderland). Chelsea stumbled at Wigan in the last match (1-1 draw) and hasn't been that convincing against the top teams. Difficult to see either team winning. Both will be careful so as not to lose given the table standing and the tough holiday schedule. A draw will satisy both sides and is worth the bet, I think.

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December Stuck £150 quid on a United, City and Arsenal treble last night which netted me a cool £550 just before Christmas :beer Right for tonights game and my own team Spurs. Spurs v Chelsea under 2.5 (2.0 @ William Hill ) I think this will be a extremely cagey affair with both teams desperately not wanting to lose. Chelsea may be improving but im still not entirely convinced by them and at the same time I question Tottenhams firepower tonight what with the injuries to key players. Had Spurs got Bale and Lennon fit i'd have definitely gone for Spurs as we have done quite well in recent seasons against better Chelsea sides than the one we are seeing at the moment. The fact that Ledley King should start for Spurs means that we should be pretty solid at the back also. It's also worth noting that the this same fixture has finished 1-0 Tottenham for the past 2 seasons. :hope

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December Tottenham vs Chelsea Away side is capable of beating anyone and they proved that many times. AVB is a great manager but still has to prove it on the English soil. No scandal when Liverpool made a draw in Wigan, too many talks when Chelsea blew it in the same style. SO I believe AVB when he feels hunted. Tottenham is missing players, important players and will suffer more tonight. They will have a list that starts with Rose, Dawson, Huddlestone, Jennon and Jenas. Especially the Lennon missing will affect them in the middle and the manager will have to make changes into his squad. Expect a win for Chelsea, but need to be cautious on this one! away 0 AH @ 1.91 with Gamebookers

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December Tottenham vs Chelsea Chelsea haven won at White Hart Lane for the past 6 years . Tonight they might break the "curse" under AVB . Tottenham is in trouble, Lennon and bale is out for sure , while Bale may not be completely fit . i doubt Harry Redknapp would risk him . Adebayor will play but arent 100 % he had a foot injury . With Bale and Lennon out , there is no way they can attack chelsea from the sides . leaving Adebayor struggling to break down chelsea defence . Roman Pavyluchenko would start for tottenham i guessed . Chelsea has been inconsistent, beating mancity then drawing at wigan . However, there isnt much injuries problem that could affect them . Terry is fit to play , im looking forward for torres to start . He haven been playing for sometimes . If he have a chance on the field, im sure he would prove his importance and his price tag . So below are my picks ;) PICKS Chelsea to WIN Under 2.5 goals Correct Score 1-0 :hope