** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December

Spooner

Tuesday 20 December 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif Wolverhampton Wanderers v Norwich City (19:45 GMT) 2.26 3.5 3.55 100.99 %
maximize.gif Blackburn Rovers v Bolton Wanderers (20:00 GMT) 2.14 3.5 3.85 101.27 %
Wednesday 21 December 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif Aston Villa v Arsenal (19:45 GMT) 5.25 3.65 1.91 98.80 %
maximize.gif Manchester City v Stoke City (19:45 GMT) 1.28 6.2 14 101.05 %
maximize.gif Newcastle United v West Bromwich Albion (19:45 GMT) 1.97 3.7 4.5 100.01 %
maximize.gif Everton v Swansea City (20:00 GMT) 1.67 3.85 6.6 101.01 %
maximize.gif Fulham v Manchester United (20:00 GMT) 5.5 3.85 1.77 100.65 %
maximize.gif Queens Park Rangers v Sunderland (20:00 GMT) 2.4 3.45 3.25 101.42 %
maximize.gif Wigan Athletic v Liverpool (20:00 GMT) 6.8 4 1.63 101.06 %
Thursday 22 December 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea (20:00 GMT) 2.68 3.55 2.82 100.94 %

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December If both Agbonlahor and Bent are still out, on Tuesday night, then Arsenal look excellent value to beat Villa @ 1.91. I think Arsenal are a better side than Liverpool and so will win by at least one goal. Everton to beat Swansea in a low scoring fixture. Everton drew 1-1 with Norwich at the weekend in spite of having 30+ shots. Swansea were, apparently, lucky to come away from St. James Park with a point after Collocini (sp.) and Ba both hit the post. I think that game would have to be a 1 or 2-0 job to Everton. I have no doubt that Manchester City will beat Stoke but the price is rubbish. Stoke have won their last 4 Premiership games and so represent more of a challenge than the price on offer. Those are my first opinions of the fixtures over the next couple of days. I will do my research though and come back with what my definite picks will be, the price of those picks and the reasoning for the picks.

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December Agree with you on Arsenal, they do look like a good price. Also like odds on Wigan. The motivation will be high after they managed to get a point against Chelsea after being 0-1 down. Moreover, Wigan haven't lost to Liverpool in the last 3 games at DW (2 draws and 1 win).

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December

I hope Arsenal will win..
i hope that you will not post stupid comments again..... but yes i agree with you guys , that after City game Arsenal will try to bounce back + i saw few astonvilla games and i think that the manager is destroying the team..... because they look very poor. so 1.91 is really good price and it might even drop

I don't understand Evertons price again' date=' they are a poorer team this year and always seem to struggle at home to the so called lesser sides. Swansea on a handicap loks good to me.[/quote'] They've also beaten Wolves and Wigan, and Wigan on a handicap was taken by a few in here, I remember. Their price is down to the fact they're inconsistent, as are Swansea. Swans get beat at Blackburn one week, then draw at Newcastle the next. Toss of the coin for me, this one. Will have a look later in the week.

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December Arsenal @ 4/5, 2 Units Looked fantastic today against City and showed what an improvement they've made since the 8-2 against United. Villa were hopeless against Liverpool today and as said above, without Bent and/or Agbonlahor they have nothing going forward. I think they should cruise this game but in case he rests Van Persie I'm avoiding handicaps. Newcastle -0.5 @ 1.925, 2 Units I think Newcastle have been really unlucky in their last couple of games. They have hit the woodwork 3 times in each and despite being outplayed, could have taken more points from both. I'm backing their luck to come good again against West Brom who haven't impressed me so far. Man United -0.5,-1 @ 2.0, 2 Units United are beginning to play good football again after a lull. They could have put 6 or 7 past QPR today and if players like Carrick and Evans continue playing like they did today they will go a long way to silencing even the most vocal of their critics (me included). While I think we still need to buy a CM in January, if we continue to play like we did today we will be most PL sides comfortably. I would have gone for a higher handicap but I wanted to maintain a level of safety as I'm also using these bets for my multiples below. All the above as 3 Doubles, 1 Unit each. The above as a Threefold @ 6.9, 1 Unit. GL all! :hope

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December At this time of the season when teams will be playing a game every 3 days it is obvious that all coaches will rest some of their key players and rotate squads. Big teams with large squads will have some advantage in my opinion. Aston Villa - Arsenal Arsenal have been playing really well recently and I would not say that Man.City played much better than the Gunners. Aston Villa lost at home to Man.United and Liverpool plus they will be missing Shay Given and most likely either Gabriel Agbonlahor and Darren Bent (maybe both) It is likely that Arsene Wenger will rest some of his key players, but even though Arsenal "B Team" is more than capable of beating struggling Aston Villa that managed just 3 wins in their last 10 games (2 against relegation contenders Bolton and Wigan). Fulham - Man.United Fulham are not playing well at the moment and they will still be without Mark Schwarzer who I consider to be important player for them. It looks like Man.United started to play better after they were beaten by Basle. They played well against QPR on Sunday and had 22 shots (8 on goal) so it is obvious that they do not have problem getting ball forward and attacking. Fulham have some impressive results against Red Devils in the past and if Schwarzer was playing I might have backed a draw here but with their second or possibly third choice keeper I can't see this Fulham side taking anything from this game. Arsenal & Man.United @ 2.91 (3 units) William Hill

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December Blackburn Rovers - Bolton Battle between two relegation zone teams. And I'm taking over 2.5 becouse: Rovers realy has goals in them. They scores 1.43 per game Bolton scores average 1.25 per game. And both concedes a lot of goals. Rovers concedes 2.25 per game. Especially Bolton with the worst defensive record in PL. Conceded 38 goals in 16 games. Average 2.37 goal per game. 75% Rovers games ended up over 2.5 81.3% Bolton games ended over 2.5 Over 2.5 1.80 bet365

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December I really don't see Wenger rotating, the schedule hasn't really been too taxing in the last few weeks. Few things to note before taking Arsenal: * Alex Song is suspended for this match after picking up his 5th booking vs City(they also dived a few times to get him sent off which didn't work). That is a blow for us. We have Coquelin and Frimpong as back-up for him and it remains to be seen who Wenger picks alongside Arteta, both have impressed in the few games they have been involved in. * We still have big problems at full-back, it's becoming a joke at this point, we are down to our 3rd/4th choice at right and left back now with Djourou out along with Sagna, Jenkinson, Gibbs and Santos. Gibbs is close to returning but too short for this one. So the back 4 will be Koscielny, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Miquel. Still pretty good as we have our 3 best CB's fit but Miquel at left back could be an issue if Villa use pace on the flanks which they do have with Albrighton, Nzogbia. Anyway, I do think we'll win the game but Villa away has been a tricky enough ground for us over the years, doubt they'll be as poor as they were yesterday vs Liverpool. Value seems to be going from Arsenal's price too it seems.

What are people's thoughts on Demba Ba to score @ 2.10? Newcastle arent a bad side exactly and are doing well in the Prem this season. Being at home against bottom half team West Brom should prove to be the perfect platform for Ba win this game for Newcastle? I dont know much about either team (just what the average BPL fan of another team knows), so any thoughts on this match would be appreciated :) Also while we are on this note, Insurebet first goalscorer Demba Ba is priced @ 3.60? good/bad?

I've got Newcastle at home against West Bromwich Albion. 1.91 on Newcastle seems excellent value, they've been unlucky last few games but i can see them beating WBA at home. 8/10 on NCU :hope
Yeh definitely agree with you there. The win at home for Newcastle seems to be the likely outcome. Do u think its still safe with fatigue going to be a significant factor in this midweek fixture? Draw no bet is at 1.36 for my bookie.

Fulham - Man.United Fulham are not playing well at the moment and they will still be without Mark Schwarzer who I consider to be important player for them. It looks like Man.United started to play better after they were beaten by Basle. They played well against QPR on Sunday and had 22 shots (8 on goal) so it is obvious that they do not have problem getting ball forward and attacking. Fulham have some impressive results against Red Devils in the past and if Schwarzer was playing I might have backed a draw here but with their second or possibly third choice keeper I can't see this Fulham side taking anything from this game. Arsenal & Man.United @ 2.91 (3 units) William Hill
I'm not sure what's prompted this comment but Fulham won at the weekend, recently beat a good Liverpool team and got a point away at the emirates. They've not been the most consistent team this season but with Ruiz, Dembele, Zamora, Johnson and Dempsey they have a lot of attacking options and have looked threatening against big teams - They're one of the the few teams to take points of City this year. United also have a rough recent record at Craven Cottage. Throwing away a lead to draw last year and losing with an under strength side the previous season. Of all United's game in the xmas calendar, this will be the toughest one. United are favourites, and rightly so, but it looks like it's been priced about right to me. Also, if Fulham start Stockdale (as they did on saturday) they have a deputy who is not too far behind Schwarzer in terms of ability and has a promising future in the game.

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December I like Everton Swansea -2.5 Goals @ $1.80 w/Sportingbet In Evertons 15 games they've scored 16, conceded 19 In Swanseas 16 games they've scored 16, conceded 20 And Arsenal ht/ft double @ $2.38 w/Sportingbet Confident we will see a full strength Gunners take on a depleted out of form Villa. Hoping for goals.

If both Agbonlahor and Bent are still out, on Tuesday night, then Arsenal look excellent value to beat Villa @ 1.91. I think Arsenal are a better side than Liverpool and so will win by at least one goal. Everton to beat Swansea in a low scoring fixture. Everton drew 1-1 with Norwich at the weekend in spite of having 30+ shots. Swansea were, apparently, lucky to come away from St. James Park with a point after Collocini (sp.) and Ba both hit the post. I think that game would have to be a 1 or 2-0 job to Everton. I have no doubt that Manchester City will beat Stoke but the price is rubbish. Stoke have won their last 4 Premiership games and so represent more of a challenge than the price on offer. Those are my first opinions of the fixtures over the next couple of days. I will do my research though and come back with what my definite picks will be, the price of those picks and the reasoning for the picks.
Agbonlahor was just suspended for one match so he should be back. I guess Bent will be back as well. Odds on Arsenal are too low, they have a few players out, no value.

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December IMO we are definite value to beat Chelsea @ 2.63. The 0 (AH) @ 1.89 with 188bet is probably the better option though. The bookies price the game up as if Chelsea are the better side by quite a margin, considering Spurs are at home. So far I think Spurs have been better than Chelsea this season. Chelsea got a good run together but then had a very poor result again at the weekend, whilst Spurs have been consistent since August; the game at Stoke we were very unlucky not to get something out of. Our mid-long term home form in these sort of six pointer games is very strong as well; we don't always win but we very rarely lose. The Man City 1-5 result was an exception from the norm. Obviously I'm biased and stupidly I'm afraid I've gone and jinxed our chances now! But that price stands out to me as value.

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December Arsenal and Manchester United Double... £25 returns £77 Newcastle and Everton Double... £25 return £77 My first double is my most confident prediction so therefore rely's as my back-up if the second one fails, Arsenal were very unlucky in my eyes to lose a game that literally could have gone either way (end to end). If it wasn't in fact for Joe Hart it well and truly could have been arsenal taking all 3 points home, if I would predict any score it would be 3-1 Arsenal at 12/1 Fulham have had a run of good form in games lately but I just see united being to strong for them, Rooney back amongst the scorers in recent weeks and the likes Carrick and Jones stepping up to the plate to solve their Central mid headaches could really see United hitting true form again, I fancy another 2-0 win at 15-2 for any chance takers out there.* My second double I'm equally as keen on but I'm new to this site so anyone that doesn't know me I always have a bet that I cover my money with, that being the Arsenal-United double, Newcastle bubble has well and truly been popped with defeats to City, Chelsea and Norwich which sees them tumble from their lofty perch but the firepower I believe will be to much and the game will finish with a Newcastle win, take Demba Ba first goalscorer at 7/2 to see them back on track. After a pretty much one sided STAT game against Norwich I can see Everton seeing off Swansea with the extra touch of class they have over them, their in danger of slumping into the relegation but they have the experience to win this tension-easer on their home patch, 1-0 Everton at 5/1 for any correct score takers. MisterBadham

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December Arsenal look too short for me given the fact they are missing so many defenders now. Only four fit defenders, all centre halves will cause problems. They do have rookie Ignasi Miquel but he only made his debut at the weekend. Playing players out of position isn't ideal for most clubs, and it could be catastrophic for Arsenal during the crucial Christmas period. Again, Everton are far too short. Swansea are more than capable of picking up a point there, maybe even winning. Blackburn V Bolton looks quite fair to me. They're probably just slightly worse than Blackburn, although both look near certain relegation casualties to me. If these two were facing each other without the threat of relegation I'd expect the away side to be about 3.5, so 3.85 isn't too far off. They could probably pick up a point, but I personally wouldn't touch them with stolen money. Just too much pressure for me, with this being a big derby, and the added pressure both Steve Kean and Owen Coyle are under. Huge game as neither side can really afford to settle for a point, and the loser is likely to find themselves struggling to justify their continuing managership. The good news is that Junior Hoilett should return for Blackburn, which will provide a boost. I'd recommend the 1.8 on there being over 2.5 goals - StanJames. Reasons given above. But mainly because I think both have been poor at the back, and neither can afford to settle for a point, and a loss would be the final nail in the coffin. Liverpool look too short also.... given their recent form I'd probably pick out under 2.5 goals as the best option here. Five out of the six previous head to heads have provided less than 2.5 goals. The way Liverpool seem to set themselves up recently is to sneak a narrow victory away from home, and given the fact Wigan need all the points they can get their hands on, I'm sure they'll put in a dogged display. Saturday's late rescue of a point against Chelsea will give them added belief too. A month ago they looked like relegation was a distinct possibility. Now they sit 18th only a point off Wolves. Currently 1.9 on Betfair :ok

Blackburn Rovers - Bolton Battle between two relegation zone teams. And I'm taking over 2.5 becouse: Rovers realy has goals in them. They scores 1.43 per game Bolton scores average 1.25 per game. And both concedes a lot of goals. Rovers concedes 2.25 per game. Especially Bolton with the worst defensive record in PL. Conceded 38 goals in 16 games. Average 2.37 goal per game. 75% Rovers games ended up over 2.5 81.3% Bolton games ended over 2.5 Over 2.5 1.80 bet365
Completely agree with this. Not only are the stats on our side, but also this game is being billed as 'the losing manager will lose his job'. They probably won't in fact as it would be difficult to get rid of a manager in a time of so many fixtures, but still I think the pressure will inevitably be affecting both managers. Each side will only be happy with a win, noting the poor form of their opponents, and we should see an open game in this six pointer.

IMO we are definite value to beat Chelsea @ 2.63. The 0 (AH) @ 1.89 with 188bet is probably the better option though. The bookies price the game up as if Chelsea are the better side by quite a margin, considering Spurs are at home. So far I think Spurs have been better than Chelsea this season. Chelsea got a good run together but then had a very poor result again at the weekend, whilst Spurs have been consistent since August; the game at Stoke we were very unlucky not to get something out of. Our mid-long term home form in these sort of six pointer games is very strong as well; we don't always win but we very rarely lose. The Man City 1-5 result was an exception from the norm. Obviously I'm biased and stupidly I'm afraid I've gone and jinxed our chances now! But that price stands out to me as value.
I also think Spurs should be a bit shorter here but there are a few things I'd be concerned about before betting on them: 1)Will Bale be fit? Obviously Lennon is out now, if Bale also misses out, IMO it changes Spurs' whole style and makes them more containable for the opposition, as we saw in spells yesterday vs Sunderland. 2)Will King be fit? Played yesterday, is he up for another game so close to that. Spurs look much stronger when he plays. Chelsea have the extra man in midfield with 4-3-3 vs 4-4-2 so there could be a slight advantage there for them, although I wouldnt rate Ramires or Meireles too highly so you'd wonder how much of an advantage that is. On Everton/Swansea............the bookies bloody love Everton it seems, always overrate them in home games against middle-bottom sides yet they seem to labour more often than not in these games. Too short IMO.

IMO we are definite value to beat Chelsea @ 2.63. The 0 (AH) @ 1.89 with 188bet is probably the better option though. The bookies price the game up as if Chelsea are the better side by quite a margin, considering Spurs are at home. So far I think Spurs have been better than Chelsea this season. Chelsea got a good run together but then had a very poor result again at the weekend, whilst Spurs have been consistent since August; the game at Stoke we were very unlucky not to get something out of. Our mid-long term home form in these sort of six pointer games is very strong as well; we don't always win but we very rarely lose. The Man City 1-5 result was an exception from the norm. Obviously I'm biased and stupidly I'm afraid I've gone and jinxed our chances now! But that price stands out to me as value.
without bale and lennon i can't see tottenham winning because you need wingers to fly on the left and right to pressure chelsea and if you can't do that you won't create a lot. you only scrapped narrow win against sunderland from the unlikely substitute. chelsea will come back stronger after disappointing result from weekend.

Arsenal and Manchester United Double... £25 returns £77 Newcastle and Everton Double... £25 return £77 My first double is my most confident prediction so therefore rely's as my back-up if the second one fails, Arsenal were very unlucky in my eyes to lose a game that literally could have gone either way (end to end). If it wasn't in fact for Joe Hart it well and truly could have been arsenal taking all 3 points home, if I would predict any score it would be 3-1 Arsenal at 12/1 Fulham have had a run of good form in games lately but I just see united being to strong for them, Rooney back amongst the scorers in recent weeks and the likes Carrick and Jones stepping up to the plate to solve their Central mid headaches could really see United hitting true form again, I fancy another 2-0 win at 15-2 for any chance takers out there.* My second double I'm equally as keen on but I'm new to this site so anyone that doesn't know me I always have a bet that I cover my money with, that being the Arsenal-United double, Newcastle bubble has well and truly been popped with defeats to City, Chelsea and Norwich which sees them tumble from their lofty perch but the firepower I believe will be to much and the game will finish with a Newcastle win, take Demba Ba first goalscorer at 7/2 to see them back on track. After a pretty much one sided STAT game against Norwich I can see Everton seeing off Swansea with the extra touch of class they have over them, their in danger of slumping into the relegation but they have the experience to win this tension-easer on their home patch, 1-0 Everton at 5/1 for any correct score takers. MisterBadham
:welcome to PL. Nice first post and good luck with your bets :hope

Blackburn Rovers - Bolton Battle between two relegation zone teams. And I'm taking over 2.5 becouse: Rovers realy has goals in them. They scores 1.43 per game Bolton scores average 1.25 per game. And both concedes a lot of goals. Rovers concedes 2.25 per game. Especially Bolton with the worst defensive record in PL. Conceded 38 goals in 16 games. Average 2.37 goal per game. 75% Rovers games ended up over 2.5 81.3% Bolton games ended over 2.5 Over 2.5 1.80 bet365
Like your reasoning and will double it with the same bet in Wolves - Norwich game. Last 9 Wolves game produced 3 or more goals and 75% of their home games were also overs. 63% of Norwich games this season produced 3 or more goals and away the stats are 50/50 but I am willing to take the risk. Blackburn - Bolton & Wolves - Norwich: Over 2.5 @ 2.83 (3 units) William Hill

without bale and lennon i can't see tottenham winning because you need wingers to fly on the left and right to pressure chelsea and if you can't do that you won't create a lot. you only scrapped narrow win against sunderland from the unlikely substitute. chelsea will come back stronger after disappointing result from weekend.
Thats not true! Liverpool tore Chelsea apart twice at the bridge with Maxi, Lucas, Henderson and Spearing the latest midfield and the time before that Maxi and Kuyt were on the wings... Where are the flying wingers there?

Arsenal look too short for me given the fact they are missing so many defenders now. Only four fit defenders, all centre halves will cause problems. They do have rookie Ignasi Miquel but he only made his debut at the weekend. Playing players out of position isn't ideal for most clubs, and it could be catastrophic for Arsenal during the crucial Christmas period. Again, Everton are far too short. Swansea are more than capable of picking up a point there, maybe even winning.
Agree with you about Arsenal, low and behold we see Man City's goal come from weakness in those depleted Arsenal full back positions. Villa are light years behind Man City in terms of midfield creativity but with the additional absence of Song it puts me off betting on Arsenal so that game has become no bet for me. They might get a draw but betting on Swansea to win at Everton is suicide, I can't begin to emphasise how unlikely an away win is in that game.