** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December

Spooner

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December Manchester United face a tough trip to Fulham after an easy win at QPR. Fulham are not QPR. Fulham have superiour players to QPR in every position and with a front quartet of Dempsey, Dembele, Ruiz and AJ/Zamora they can give anyone a game. Smalling, Evans and Evra are all vulnerable and I think Fulham can exploit those holes. The only players to fear are Rooney, Nani and Wellbeck/Hernandez. Fulham's recent record against Man Utd at the Cottage is excellent and I'll be taking the 4's (betfair) on a home win DnB.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December

Fulham - Man.United Fulham are not playing well at the moment and they will still be without Mark Schwarzer who I consider to be important player for them. It looks like Man.United started to play better after they were beaten by Basle. They played well against QPR on Sunday and had 22 shots (8 on goal) so it is obvious that they do not have problem getting ball forward and attacking. Fulham have some impressive results against Red Devils in the past and if Schwarzer was playing I might have backed a draw here but with their second or possibly third choice keeper I can't see this Fulham side taking anything from this game. Arsenal & Man.United @ 2.91 (3 units) William Hill
In this fixture last year Stockdale was playing, he saved a Nani penalty and we drew 2-2 (Hangeland scored in both nets)

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December I agree with a lot of you that there will be goals in the Blackburn game, possibly 5 or 6 Kean wont be happy with a 2 goal lead as they can't defend. Bolton are not scoring many but this is a must win for both teams and should be end to end football i've gone for over 3.5 and a Blackburn win. There should be goals in the Wolves game as well as some of you have said above both teams can score goals but let them in i've gone for over 3.5 in this. Good luck all

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December Wolves v Norwich: Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.83 Boylesports The price has drifted now to a sensible price and one which I'm more than happy to take. Norwich haven't kept a clean sheet all season and away at Wolves I can't see this changing tonight. They just conceeded the one goal at Everton on the weekend but the toffees had plenty of chances and with better finishing, they should have beat Norwich. Despite struggling to keep clean sheets, the Canaries are having an excellent season and this is in no small part to their goal scoring ability. They play some attacking football and in Steve Morrison and Grant Holt they have 2 strikers who have stepped up to the mark in the prem and have been finding the net for them. You have to go back to the end of August to find the last clean sheet from Wolves and 11 of their last 12 matches have gone over 2.5 Goals (Yes, 11!) Considering they are up against a Norwich side who are also regularly in the overs, this bet really does shout value. Most bookies are going with a much lower price and that makes the 1.83 available on the overs with Boylesports the stand out bet for me tonight.

Maybe you can explain these bets to me, because I can't understand the logic here. Are you expecting both bets to win? Because the only way these bets both can win is if Everton wins 1-0 over Swansea and if you believe that why won't you play the correct score instead?
Because I wouldn't back them both and expect them both to come in. The simple logic here is, these are two decent bets that I am recommending, which, standing alone, have a good chance of coming in. I don't do correct scores, they are the type of bets the bookies love to lay, but yes, I see your point - if I was to back both thinking they were dead certs, then backing 1-0 correct score would be the better move.

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December Wigan - Liverpool Wigan played really well against Chelsea that is the only team in the league to beat Man.City. Moreover, Wigan have lost only 1 game (0-4 to Arsenal) in their last 5. After managing to get a point from Chelsea motivation will be high and it is very likely that Hugo Rodallega will play against Liverpool. The Reds are still without their captain Steven Gerrard and Lucas. Wigan have a decent record against Liverpool and they haven't lost to them in their last 3 games at DW )1 win and 2 draws) and I can see them taking at least a point here. Wigan +1 @ 2.50 (2 units) Bet365

I'm not a fan of playing on draws, but tomorrow I will make an exception. Everton-Swansea, draw 3.95@betfair and under 2.5 1.85@betfair. Huge odds for the draw if you ask me. After watching Evertons recent performances I really can't see that they would score more than 1 or maximum of two goals (if the face Bolton ;)) in a game. They lack creativity in the midfield and sheer scoring power up front. Cahill hasn't scored a goal this season and Saha isn't putting them away when he gets the odd chance. Leighton Baines is currently their most dangerous player at that says a lot. So in this game Swansea will have the same tactics as they had against Newcastle. They will have a lot of ball and Everton will have to fight to get the ball. So it will be a fight for the ball without so much creativity and thus should be lowscoring. Therefore my unders bet also.
Hmmmm

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December No Suarez for tomorrows game (Liverpool's Luis Suarez found guilty by FA. Fined £40,000 & banned for eight matches.. Odds on Liverpool already started to drift. As for Aston Villa..... Darren Bent, Chris Herd and Emile Heskey are all out for the game against Arsenal.

Wigan - Liverpool Wigan played really well against Chelsea that is the only team in the league to beat Man.City. Moreover, Wigan have lost only 1 game (0-4 to Arsenal) in their last 5. After managing to get a point from Chelsea motivation will be high and it is very likely that Hugo Rodallega will play against Liverpool. The Reds are still without their captain Steven Gerrard and Lucas. Wigan have a decent record against Liverpool and they haven't lost to them in their last 3 games at DW )1 win and 2 draws) and I can see them taking at least a point here. Wigan +1 @ 2.50 (2 units) Bet365
And they are now without Suarez for 8 games, this bet is looking better and better :ok

No Suarez for tomorrows game (Liverpool's Luis Suarez found guilty by FA. Fined £40,000 & banned for eight matches.. Odds on Liverpool already started to drift. As for Aston Villa..... Darren Bent, Chris Herd and Emile Heskey are all out for the game against Arsenal.
Are you sure about Bent? I read that he would play this game.

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December Naughton just got booked for Norwich, having accumulated 5 bookings for the season he will miss the next game, however he would have missed that game against tottenham anyway because its his parent club! The commentator said that it would count anyway! Im sure there would have been value for a pick on Naughton to be booked before the match at around 5/2? Something more for me to think about before matches!

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December Yeh I'm pretty sure Suarez will be available tommorow as an appeal is pending but Liverpool's champions league aspirations are looking very bleak at present with critical players missing. Apart from Suarez and Adam they have been very foolish in the transfer market also forking out peak market prices for players like Downing, Henderson and Carroll. I expect Anfield will be re-named the ocean finance arena soon in a desperate sponsorship deal. This is what happens when you get Comolli into the mix, Liverpool remind me of Tottenham a few years ago, ambitious but strategically bankrupt.

Yeh I'm pretty sure Suarez will be available tommorow as an appeal is pending but Liverpool's champions league aspirations are looking very bleak at present with critical players missing. Apart from Suarez and Adam they have been very foolish in the transfer market also forking out peak market prices for players like Downing, Henderson and Carroll. I expect Anfield will be re-named the ocean finance arena soon in a desperate sponsorship deal. This is what happens when you get Comolli into the mix, Liverpool remind me of Tottenham a few years ago, ambitious but strategically bankrupt.
Unfair opinion, I tend to think Liverpool have the bargain of the season in Jose Enrique at 6 million. The best left back in the league on form at the moment

Wolves - Norwich (+0.5) 2 @1.80 Pinnacle stake 6 Wolves - Norwich (-0.5) [email protected] Pinnacle stake 2 I find it very interesting [email protected] in favor of going to Norwich to visit the Wolves. I followed some part of this team and I must say that plays really well at times a little too wrong in front of goal but creates a lot and if the play with all teams. At Stanford Bridge was ahead 1-0 against Chelsea and United, lost 2-0, but several times had the opportunity to take the lead. Saturday took away a point from Liverpool, Everton side, but had taken the lead in the 1 st time. Wolves that are most in need of points but in terms of form and quality of play would go on Canaries. Add in that the hosts will miss David Edwards and Jamie O'Hara injury. While the yellow-greens are in full force. I turn with great confidence the Canaries.
1 / 2 but it goes to the highest stakes ... Well well .... :nana:nana:nana:nana

Blackburn v Bolton Think this is going to be a win for Kean. Blackburn are playing some good football lately and were very unlucky against West Brom when they conceded two goals both were absolute crackers. Bolton are also unable to buy a win and have lost 13 out of 16 games so far this season. They failed to replace sturridge and elmender who left in the summer. I would be alot more confident in Blackburn if Dann was fit but he will be out so I feel Eagles and Klasnic can cause blackburn defence problems. They have not kept a clean sheet in the last 19 and I cannot see them doing it here However with Yakubu in the form he is in I feel Blackburn will win My Bets Blackburn to win @2.10 :wall Both Teams to Score @ 1.57 :loon Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.66 :loon Yakubu Anytime Scorer @ 2.40 :loon
3/4 aint bad...profit made on this game!!:clap

Wolves v Norwich I like Wolves as a team and I cheer them on whenever they are not playing my team Newcastle. I like Mick McCarthy as a manager and feel he has done a great job at Wolves. However Wolves are a team I would NEVER put any money on. They are to unreliable. Norwich on the other hand have pulled out big results. They have grabbed draws away from teams such as Everton and Liverpool despite being dominanted for large periods of the game. Wolves are missing Jamie O Hara which is a big blow as he is one of the more creative players they have. Norwich score plenty but also concede plenty so I can see both teams scoring. Most of Norwichs Goals seem to come from either Morrison or Holt while Norwich have given away alot of penaltys in which Hunt is 6 from 6. My Bets Norwich DNB @ 2.50 - :sadThey were ahead twice so I'm sick!! Both Teams to Score @ 1.57 :loon Holt Anytime Scorer @ 2.87 :wall Picked the wrong man. Morrison scored! Hunt Anytime Scorer @ 4.33:wall Missed a sitter!!
When researching for game I saw that Ebanks Blake has a good record against November...completly ignored it as did not think he would play since he only started one game this season before this one. 1/3 for this game and the other bet void since it ended a draw!!

Unfair opinion' date=' I tend to think Liverpool have the bargain of the season in Jose Enrique at 6 million. The best left back in the league on form at the moment[/quote'] My bad, forgot about Luis Enrique, that was good business to be fair. You have to admit that buying Downing at that price was silly as his value will not go any higher than what they paid for him, the same for Henderson unless they coach him extremely well. I think the people behind the scenes got it into their brains that if you buy English then the value can only increase but not with those two. Carroll is good when the team plays to his strengths but at present 30 million looks very steep. Still look on the bright side you got 50 million for a total write-off, it's good to see Abramovich get mugged.

Blackburn Rovers - Bolton Battle between two relegation zone teams. And I'm taking over 2.5 becouse: Rovers realy has goals in them. They scores 1.43 per game Bolton scores average 1.25 per game. And both concedes a lot of goals. Rovers concedes 2.25 per game. Especially Bolton with the worst defensive record in PL. Conceded 38 goals in 16 games. Average 2.37 goal per game. 75% Rovers games ended up over 2.5 81.3% Bolton games ended over 2.5 Over 2.5 1.80 bet365
:nana

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December Was a good night for me with the overs in both games coming in. A tip for tomorrow. Swansea +1 (AH) @ 1.95 (188bet) I was initially a bit wary of taking Swansea here simply because it is almost a repeat bet of the Norwich +1 AH at the weekend, and you'd fancy Moyes would have been getting Everton to work on their problems up front in training. Even so, there seems little that can be done really without bringing in players. According to bbc he is considering playing Stracqualursi up front who impressed in a substitute appearance vs Norwich, but he remains unproven in the PL having played most of his career in Argentina. I just think Everton are insanely short here considering their lack of goals and wins at home. Swansea are actually above them in the table. It's a game where anything can happen as Swansea are not the best side on the road, but 1.95 for the AH +1 is just a good value bet as far as I'm concerned. They haven't won away yet but managed draws at Liverpool and Newcastle, which are harder places to go than Goodison. Everton lost at home to QPR and drew with Norwich. They also were lucky to beat this handicap against Wigan, in a game where the away side could easily have got a point. You'd sense Swansea's skill at keeping possession may frustrate an Everton side who will be desperate to go forward and get three points, and in Vorm Swansea have a keeper in great form. If Everton do win it's likely to only be by the one goal, which would see a push. I wouldn't have bothered with this bet at 1.8 as it was earlier, but now it has risen almost to evens it's got to be worth a punt.

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December Hi all, would appreciate any insights into the Spurs Chelsea game and am considering Spurs +0 @ 1.86 Just think that Spurs know who they are and know how they attack with everyone playing a role. And maybe chelsea still don't have this strong identity and are still becoming one team under AVB. Whether King plays is a huge factor for me. Any other swaying info available? Cheers lads :cheers

anybody know which bookie offers the bet on which team will be relegated?? blackburn is definitely the first candidate...they are horrible...saw the game today...i don't know what will have to happened for them to save them self...
Check this http://odds-comparison.bestbetting.com/football/england/premier-league/relegation/
Hi all, would appreciate any insights into the Spurs Chelsea game and am considering Spurs +0 @ 1.86 Just think that Spurs know who they are and know how they attack with everyone playing a role. And maybe chelsea still don't have this strong identity and are still becoming one team under AVB. Whether King plays is a huge factor for me. Any other swaying info available? Cheers lads :cheers
Looks like a decent bet. Spurs haven't lost to Chelsea at home in their last 5 games and managed 3 wins and 2 draws.

Blackburn> Bolton=over (1.75) Totosì stake 6 / 10 Blackburn position 19° points 10 Bolton position 20° points 9 Preview: Blackburn: Absent Dann (defender 10 / 1), Nelsen (defender 1 / 0), Salgado (defender 9 / 0), Givet (defender 13 / 0). Bolton: Absent Wheater (defender 7 / 0), Holden (midfielder 0 / 0). Blackburn has a score in-house w2-d0-l6 goals scored 11 goals against 17 while Bolton has a score out of the house w2-d0-l6 goals scored 10 goals against 17. Blackburn has lost the last game of the season at home with a score of 1-2 against West Brom and Bolton have lost their last league game played outside the house with the score 2-0 against Fulham. Both teams played poorly all season disappointing the expectations of both society and the fans. At the home team missing 4 key defenders. Both teams will be playing with a lot of action since the break-even goal does not help either team. Earlier last season: 1-0 (Blackburn at home) and 2-1 (Bolton at home). Bolton has lost 5 games in a row. Yakubu is the leading scorer for Blackburn with 9 goals. Ivan Klasnic has made ​​7 for Bolton. :hope:hope:hope
Ca$HHHHHHHh :clap

Wigan - Liverpool Wigan played really well against Chelsea that is the only team in the league to beat Man.City. Moreover, Wigan have lost only 1 game (0-4 to Arsenal) in their last 5. After managing to get a point from Chelsea motivation will be high and it is very likely that Hugo Rodallega will play against Liverpool. The Reds are still without their captain Steven Gerrard and Lucas. Wigan have a decent record against Liverpool and they haven't lost to them in their last 3 games at DW )1 win and 2 draws) and I can see them taking at least a point here. Wigan +1 @ 2.50 (2 units) Bet365
maximum odds on bet365 for this one were 1.98!