** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December

Spooner

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December Blackburn defender Scott Dann faces a six-week absence after suffering a groin injury at the weekend. Bolton defender David Wheater is unavailable again as he serves the final match of his four-match ban It`s appending to Over 2.5 1.80

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December

They might get a draw but betting on Swansea to win at Everton is suicide, I can't begin to emphasise how unlikely an away win is in that game.
Nothing like being a tad over-reactionary. I'd hate to have seen you as part of General Custer's army :D Why? In percentage terms nothing is ever impossible in this game. Odds of 7 (14%) already give Swansea an unlikely chance of winning. To my mind they keep possession well, and are pretty good defensively (probably because they keep the ball well), so there's no real reason why they can't grab something from Everton. Everton will put in a blood and guts performance, but as Swansea do keep the ball well, the potential for Everton really losing organisation is fairly high. The possibility of Swansea finding gaps and subsequently creating chances has a fair probability as Everton lose a bit of discipling chasing shadows. The last time Everton kept a clean sheet was away to Blackburn in August, and even then Blackburn should really have scored a couple and won. They also really struggle when odds on.

Nothing like being a tad over-reactionary. I'd hate to have seen you as part of General Custer's army :D Why? In percentage terms nothing is ever impossible in this game. Odds of 7 (14%) already give Swansea an unlikely chance of winning. To my mind they keep possession well, and are pretty good defensively (probably because they keep the ball well), so there's no real reason why they can't grab something from Everton. Everton will put in a blood and guts performance, but as Swansea do keep the ball well, the potential for Everton really losing organisation is fairly high. The possibility of Swansea finding gaps and subsequently creating chances has a fair probability as Everton lose a bit of discipling chasing shadows. The last time Everton kept a clean sheet was away to Blackburn in August, and even then Blackburn should really have scored a couple and won. They also really struggle when odds on.
:lol It's up there with my Sunderland ante-post rant. I'm a big fan of Swansea at the liberty but not away, they struggle against teams with ariel threat and strength. Everton have been stuttering so far this season, the overall team performance against Norwich was fairly lame by all accounts but I'm pretty sure Distin will be restored at CB which will be a massive boost, Hetinga is shite in that role. Don't get me wrong, Everton's odds are stupidly short and there is a fair chance of a draw in this game but all things considered a Swansea win is fairly outlandish and I'm saying I wouldn't back them outright. Swansea +1 @ 10/11 could be an ok play here but I'm staying away as I can't bring myself to oppose Everton on their own patch against a side that are really poor travellers.

They might get a draw but betting on Swansea to win at Everton is suicide, I can't begin to emphasise how unlikely an away win is in that game.
You might be right. Swansea ain't the team to get away victories that easy. They are a hard nut, we can all agree with that but looking at Everton's need of points will most probably be too much to ask from the Swans. But there's another team that attracts my attention, and that's Norwich away to Wolves. Also, it may not be the team to ask for away wins but I like the fact that they play opened football wherever they went, and with some luck they can easily get something out of this game. A draw would suit them good here, I think. Another game that I'm looking at is Newcastle United. I've went against WBA at the weekend with the thought that Blackburn can't lose another one or they are condemned. Well, they did, and it made me choose bad. But now it's a whole lot different situation looking over this game and I see Newcastle as the better team overall. Newcastle's form has taken a head for the worse right after their home defeat to Chelsea. Their recent form doesn't look very promising but that is because they played a couple of the best teams in the league, so it's not that much big of a deal. Newcastle will want to get back to the form that placed them 3rd in the league not too much time ago, and the fact that they got some great results along the way, shows the value of the team. I am really tempted to play them at 1.9 with Bet365" rel="external nofollow">Bet365 even more considering Newcastle's ambitions for a higher place and WBA's objectives for this season. Two different aims which will end most probably for the team with the bigger intentions.

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December Why are Everton always so fancied to win? I dont get it... Every single time they play at home, they are priced up like a top 6 side and its getting ridiculous! They have zilch up front, they had 29 attempts against Norwich and could only score 1 goal, they are dogged and hard to beat, but there is no reason why Swansea cant go there and get a draw just like Norwich did, also have to bear in mind Swansea are far better defensively than Norwich, and although they dont score many away from home, they held out Newcastle last weekend, and Newcastle are better than Everton

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December Everton v Swansea Goal Line: Under 2.5 @ 1.80 Bet365 I think Everton will win this game in a low scoring match. The toffees are really struggling in front of goal but the Swans haven't won away all season and I think Everton should just about have enough to see them off. However, the price on them is way too short for my liking. Everton did create plenty of chances against Norwich but just struggled to put them away. They are really missing a quality striker and Tim Cahill doesn't seem to be in his form of old. I expect they will again create chances in this match but whilst being poor on the road, Swansea do at least manage to keep things tight and are no pushovers. The Swans 'keeper Vorm has to go down as one of the signings of the season so far and he really has been a god send to them. When you have a good keeper behind you, it fills the defence with confidence and you will always have a chance. So with Everton struggling in front of goal, the tight Swans defence and their generally poor form on the road, I envisage a lowish scoring game here. I was expecting to see a 2.25 line on the Goal Line so I'm happy to take the 1.80 on Under 2.5 Goals.

If both Agbonlahor and Bent are still out, on Tuesday night, then Arsenal look excellent value to beat Villa @ 1.91. I think Arsenal are a better side than Liverpool and so will win by at least one goal. Everton to beat Swansea in a low scoring fixture. Everton drew 1-1 with Norwich at the weekend in spite of having 30+ shots. Swansea were, apparently, lucky to come away from St. James Park with a point after Collocini (sp.) and Ba both hit the post. I think that game would have to be a 1 or 2-0 job to Everton. I have no doubt that Manchester City will beat Stoke but the price is rubbish. Stoke have won their last 4 Premiership games and so represent more of a challenge than the price on offer. Those are my first opinions of the fixtures over the next couple of days. I will do my research though and come back with what my definite picks will be, the price of those picks and the reasoning for the picks.
I watched the Everton-Norwich game and Everton was the better team. Grant Holt scored on Norwichs first attack and with a better defending it shouldn't been a goal. Everton had most of the ball but they were really poor with the final touches and it didn't look as they would score. They haven't got someone as Ba in Newcastle that can create chances and even score on a regular basis. What I want to point out is that this can easily be a dull 0-0 match again for Swansea, so I wouldn't bet on Everton with these odds. And I agree that it will be a lowscoring contest with a maximum of two goals I think.

I also think Spurs should be a bit shorter here but there are a few things I'd be concerned about before betting on them: 1)Will Bale be fit? Obviously Lennon is out now, if Bale also misses out, IMO it changes Spurs' whole style and makes them more containable for the opposition, as we saw in spells yesterday vs Sunderland. 2)Will King be fit? Played yesterday, is he up for another game so close to that. Spurs look much stronger when he plays. Chelsea have the extra man in midfield with 4-3-3 vs 4-4-2 so there could be a slight advantage there for them, although I wouldnt rate Ramires or Meireles too highly so you'd wonder how much of an advantage that is. On Everton/Swansea............the bookies bloody love Everton it seems, always overrate them in home games against middle-bottom sides yet they seem to labour more often than not in these games. Too short IMO.
Yeah, good points about the injuries. Both could be critical. Kaboul is available again after suspension so at least if King does not play we will still one of our two first choice centre backs (excluding Dawson- long term injury). It will be interesting to see if King plays. Our win ratio with him in the side is much higher than without him. I'd imagine that Bale will be patched up to play, as it is such a big game. If not, then getting the full backs forward will be imperative. We looked much better in the second half against Sunderland when Benny and Walker roamed further forward to give us some width.

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December Wolves - Norwich (+0.5) 2 @1.80 stake 6 Pinnacle Wolves - Norwich (-0.5) 2 @3.70 stake 2 Pinnacle Trovo molto interessante la dc @1.80 in favore del Norwich che andrà a far visita ai Wolves. Ho seguito un pò di partite di questa squadra e devo dire che gioca veramente bene a volte sbaglia un pò troppo sotto porta ma crea tanto e se la gioca con tutte le squadre. Allo Stanford Bridge era avanti 1-0 sul Chelsea e con lo United ha perso 2-0 ma avuto più volte la possibilità di passare in vantaggio. Sabato ha portato via un punto da Liverpool, sponda Everton, ma era passata in vantaggio nel 1°tempo. Wolves che hanno più bisogno di punti ma in termini di forma e di qualità di gioco andrei sui Canaries. Aggiungo che nei padroni di casa mancheranno David Edwards e Jamie O'Hara per infortunio. Mentre i giallo-verdi sono al gran completo. Accendo con grande fiducia i Canaries. Wolves - Norwich (+0.5) 2 @1.80 Pinnacle stake 6 Wolves - Norwich (-0.5) [email protected] Pinnacle stake 2 I find it very interesting [email protected] in favor of going to Norwich to visit the Wolves. I followed some part of this team and I must say that plays really well at times a little too wrong in front of goal but creates a lot and if the play with all teams. At Stanford Bridge was ahead 1-0 against Chelsea and United, lost 2-0, but several times had the opportunity to take the lead. Saturday took away a point from Liverpool, Everton side, but had taken the lead in the 1 st time. Wolves that are most in need of points but in terms of form and quality of play would go on Canaries. Add in that the hosts will miss David Edwards and Jamie O'Hara injury. While the yellow-greens are in full force. I turn with great confidence the Canaries.

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December Any ideas on man c and stoke , im thinking of $30.00 on 3-0 2-0 3-1 and a nice $150 on stoke head to head , right or wrong ? also a decent bet on blackburn to beat bolton , comment back /:welcome :ok

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December The Canaries have scored 9 goals in the past 5 games, scoring in both away games (at Goodison and at City) and at homes against the likes of Arsenal and Newcastle and come up against a Wolves side that have conceded 11 in their past 5 games (7 from United and Chelsea mind you) and do leak goals at home. Last time they met in 08/09, score ended 3-3 at Molineux and the game at Norwich had 8 goals in it. 10 of the last 12 games that these teams have played this season have gone over 2.5 Trying not to think too much about it and going for over 2.5. If my local book offered it I'd definitely take BTTS good luck (also on AC Milan, Blackburn/Bolton Over 2.5- managers jobs on their lines, I think it'll be an entertaining match with two teams that have quality strikers, up against weaker defences... and United @ 1.5, and -1)

Yeh definitely agree with you there. The win at home for Newcastle seems to be the likely outcome. Do u think its still safe with fatigue going to be a significant factor in this midweek fixture? Draw no bet is at 1.36 for my bookie.
Fatigue will happen at both sides, also NCU doesn't have european cups they're playing in. I also think if the managers decide to give some players rest that NCU has a stronger bench then WBA. Also last game they deserved a win. And they 0-3 loss against chelsea was very flatterd. NCU is still in great shape and i can see them ending in at least top 7 this season.

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December Blackburn> Bolton=over (1.75) Totosì stake 6 / 10 Blackburn position 19° points 10 Bolton position 20° points 9 Preview: Blackburn: Absent Dann (defender 10 / 1), Nelsen (defender 1 / 0), Salgado (defender 9 / 0), Givet (defender 13 / 0). Bolton: Absent Wheater (defender 7 / 0), Holden (midfielder 0 / 0). Blackburn has a score in-house w2-d0-l6 goals scored 11 goals against 17 while Bolton has a score out of the house w2-d0-l6 goals scored 10 goals against 17. Blackburn has lost the last game of the season at home with a score of 1-2 against West Brom and Bolton have lost their last league game played outside the house with the score 2-0 against Fulham. Both teams played poorly all season disappointing the expectations of both society and the fans. At the home team missing 4 key defenders. Both teams will be playing with a lot of action since the break-even goal does not help either team. Earlier last season: 1-0 (Blackburn at home) and 2-1 (Bolton at home). Bolton has lost 5 games in a row. Yakubu is the leading scorer for Blackburn with 9 goals. Ivan Klasnic has made ​​7 for Bolton. :hope:hope:hope

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December I'm not a fan of playing on draws, but tomorrow I will make an exception. Everton-Swansea, draw 3.95@betfair and under 2.5 1.85@betfair. Huge odds for the draw if you ask me. After watching Evertons recent performances I really can't see that they would score more than 1 or maximum of two goals (if the face Bolton ;)) in a game. They lack creativity in the midfield and sheer scoring power up front. Cahill hasn't scored a goal this season and Saha isn't putting them away when he gets the odd chance. Leighton Baines is currently their most dangerous player at that says a lot. So in this game Swansea will have the same tactics as they had against Newcastle. They will have a lot of ball and Everton will have to fight to get the ball. So it will be a fight for the ball without so much creativity and thus should be lowscoring. Therefore my unders bet also.

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December Sport Football (England - Prem) Event Blakcburn - Bolton Selection Over 1.25(Half Time ) Strength 10/10 Date 20/12/2011 Bookmaker/Price 188bet @ 2.30 Reasoning Very important match for both side. Both teams want take three points. Two the worst team in league, Bolton is on the last position with 9 points, but Blackburn have only one point more and have home advantage before this match. Two the worst defense in league, Blackburn concended 23, Bolton 22 goals in last 10 league matches. Offense power in both teams are not bad. Blakcburn without three important defenders tonight, must try play offense football against Bolton. Sport Football (England - Prem) Event Wolves - Norwich Selection Over 1.25(Half Time) Strength 10/10 Date 20/12/2011 Bookmaker/Price 188bet @ 2.31 Reasoning The same story like in match Blackburn-Bolton, but here both teams are in better situation in table. Wolves is in relegation zone, but this is good chance to be higher in table after this match. Wolves at home always played open football, 11:15 goals balance in 8 league matches at home. Norwich have really good offense, but defense sometimes looked terrible. In last 10 league matches Norwich scored 18, but concended 21 goals. Two goals in first half are very possible.

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December Blackburn Vs Bolton - [2pts Blackburn -1] @ 3.1 Bet365 Blackburn aint that bad a team at home. They only lost 1-0 to Chelsea and they know how to score beating Newcastle 4-3, beating Swansea 4-2. They also know how to concede, but luckily Bolton away from home have just 3 goals in their last give games and one was a penalty, and one was an OG :D Blackburn also have a good record against Bolton, winning 3 of the last 4 and the drawing the other. They will miss Dann, but I think the main point of the bet is they score alot at home. Bolton let alot in, AND can't score for toffee. Blackburn Vs Bolton - [2pts Blackburn To Nil] @ 4.00 Bet365 Same reasoning as above. Bolton away from home just 1 open play goal in 5. Scorecast - 1pt Yakubu FGS & Blackburn @ 7.00 Bet365 Yakubu in good form with the 4 goals. If anyone is going to score, I fancy him or Hoilett.

I don't understand Evertons price again' date=' they are a poorer team this year and always seem to struggle at home to the so called lesser sides. Swansea on a handicap loks good to me.[/quote'] Good shout. It is back-to-back away games in a short period of time for Swansea though so I wonder if fatigue plays a part in this.

Arsenal @ 4/5' date= 2 Units Looked fantastic today against City and showed what an improvement they've made since the 8-2 against United. Villa were hopeless against Liverpool today and as said above, without Bent and/or Agbonlahor they have nothing going forward. I think they should cruise this game but in case he rests Van Persie I'm avoiding handicaps. Newcastle -0.5 @ 1.925, 2 Units I think Newcastle have been really unlucky in their last couple of games. They have hit the woodwork 3 times in each and despite being outplayed, could have taken more points from both. I'm backing their luck to come good again against West Brom who haven't impressed me so far. Man United -0.5,-1 @ 2.0, 2 Units United are beginning to play good football again after a lull. They could have put 6 or 7 past QPR today and if players like Carrick and Evans continue playing like they did today they will go a long way to silencing even the most vocal of their critics (me included). While I think we still need to buy a CM in January, if we continue to play like we did today we will be most PL sides comfortably. I would have gone for a higher handicap but I wanted to maintain a level of safety as I'm also using these bets for my multiples below. All the above as 3 Doubles, 1 Unit each. The above as a Threefold @ 6.9, 1 Unit. GL all! :hope
United and Arsenal tips I like. As for Newcastle, their defence is hurt by injuries so I can see this being a game where Shane Long and Odemwingie hurt them on the counter. West Brom are due a good performance and result!

Thats not true! Liverpool tore Chelsea apart twice at the bridge with Maxi' date=' Lucas, Henderson and Spearing the latest midfield and the time before that Maxi and Kuyt were on the wings... Where are the flying wingers there?[/quote'] have to agree with this. If anything chelsea have been weakest at centre back this season. They're performing better now that AVB has got them playing a deeper defensive line; however Adebayor's movement up from has been nothing short of brilliant this season and his movement will cause real problems for Chelsea. Modric and van der vaart will both be able to create space even with chelsea palying deep. One bet that is looking a certainty is both teams to score. Odds on this aren't great but couple with a match result you're looking at tottenham 10/3 score draw 10/3 chelsea 7/2 my money is goin on tottenham with both teams to score 4units @10/3 All prices with ladbrokes

I'm not sure what's prompted this comment but Fulham won at the weekend, recently beat a good Liverpool team and got a point away at the emirates. They've not been the most consistent team this season but with Ruiz, Dembele, Zamora, Johnson and Dempsey they have a lot of attacking options and have looked threatening against big teams - They're one of the the few teams to take points of City this year. United also have a rough recent record at Craven Cottage. Throwing away a lead to draw last year and losing with an under strength side the previous season. Of all United's game in the xmas calendar, this will be the toughest one. United are favourites, and rightly so, but it looks like it's been priced about right to me. Also, if Fulham start Stockdale (as they did on saturday) they have a deputy who is not too far behind Schwarzer in terms of ability and has a promising future in the game.
I think fortune would be a good word to describe Fulham's victory over Liverpool... the same for their draw against Arsenal in which the Gunners underperformed and scored Fulham's goal in comedic fashion. Last season's game was at the very start of the season and an early kick off if I recall correctly. Fulham also scored a last minute equaliser in a season that United drew most of their opening away games. Manchester United have been in rhythm for the past two games since being kicked out of the Champions League and I see them having too much attacking threat for Fulham to deal with. The Valencia-Rooney partnership was in full flow in the opening 60 seconds at Loftus Road on Sunday. Whilst Nani and Young's pace down either wing can hurt the Fulham full backs (I've seen milk turn quicker than Riise). The quick, little Hernandez returned at the weekend and if he plays here he'll cause all sorts of problems against Fulham's two tall centre backs (even if Senderos is a bit more agile than he appears). United win - 3/4

Blackburn defender Scott Dann faces a six-week absence after suffering a groin injury at the weekend. Bolton defender David Wheater is unavailable again as he serves the final match of his four-match ban It`s appending to Over 2.5 1.80
More than just a groin injury... http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4007696/Blackburns-Scott-Dann-suffers-ruptured-testicle.html

Sport Football (England - Prem)
Event Blackburn - Bolton
Selection Bolton +0 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 20/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.62
Reasoning Blackburn's problems just can't stop right now. The team is playing really bad since the start of the season and is in the relegation zone at the moment with just two wins in sixteen games (2-4-10). Since the start of this month the problems are getting even bigger. Almost the whole defensive line of the team is out for the upcoming really important games in the next weeks. Gael Givet (13 games), Martin Olsson (11 games), Scott Dann (10 games) and Michel Salgado (9 games) are all out in defense for the game against Bolton tonight. Also midfielder David Hoilett (14 games, 3 goals, 3 assists) is doubtful and can miss the game too. Bolton just like Blackburn is having a nightmare season so far. The team is in the bottom of the table with just nine points in sixteen games (3-0-13). Two of the wins were away from, so the team is looking quite better, when they are visitors. The team have problems with injured and suspended players too, but most of them aren't regular, so their absence wouldn't be as big as those in Blackburn. Both teams are really bad, but there are some reasons to bet on the visitors here. Bolton have better side if we look at the individuals. Blackburn have a lot of troubles with missing players and the coach Kean is in war with the fans, so the home advantage will not be so big tonight. Also only four of the last 22 games between the two sides finished with a victory for the home team. So in my opinion Bolton won't lose at "Ewood Park" tonight.

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December Everton to win by 1 goal @ 11/4 As has already been mentioned, Everton consistently fail to win in games that they are fully expected to win against weaker sides with poor away form. It sends shivers down my spine when I see them this short and you simply cannot justify backing them at 4/7 - yet I still expect them to win. Sadly though, so do the bookies and despite two successive odds on failures at home to Stoke and Norwich, surely they will be fired up to grab all three points against a side who have serious trouble scoring on the road. I do not expect a hammering though, so I think that the unders bet is also worth a stab at this price, considering how few goals there seems to be when these two play: Under 2.5 @ 4/5 Blackburn/Bolton Over 2.5 at 3/4 Not much needed to be said here, it is a common sense bet and there have already been some good points, well made above. Both teams ship goals, yet are capable of scoring. Wolves/Norwich Over 2.5 @ 4/5 Again, an obvious, common sense bet. It is well documented how infrequently Norwich fail to find the net, it is also well known that their defence, which has had two promotions in two seasons - probably isn't strong enough at the moment. Luckily for them though, they have players who can score and many teams below them seriously under-performing. I always fancy Wolves in these big homes games against sides around them, because in the last 2 years they have won these vital games and that has been a big factor in their continued survival. I was surprised to see them struggle to manage a draw at home to Swansea and actually lose at home to Stoke. I do however fancy them to get at Norwich tonight and get a big three points, so the following bet is also worth considering: Wolves to win not to nil @ 11/4 Arsenal shouldn't be odds on, so I am staying away from that game. Also, Liverpool are too short at Wigan. Even though they justify being odds on due to their good away form and Wigan's awful start to the season, they should not be as short as 1/2. Fancied both of these teams but not at these prices, the bookies have sucked all of the Christmas value out of these games.

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December Blackburn - Bolton I do believe odds are set okay for Blackburn to get (finally) their win. As far as i followed Premiership, they were unlucky in their last two games, conceeding in last minutes or in stoppage. It is quite obvious that despite finla results are the same at both teams, that Blackburn does give more into the games and despite i rate both squads pretty even, Blackburn should have more chances to get their win -evenmore if they want to avoid the fans protests. Overall, teams as said, pretty much equal, but i do believe that with Vukcevic and MGP Blackburn should have an edge in midfield, which should give them a win, Surely it must open up for them and their efforts eventually. Blackburn -0.5 @ 2.19 sbobet

Everton to win by 1 goal @ 11/4 As has already been mentioned, Everton consistently fail to win in games that they are fully expected to win against weaker sides with poor away form. It sends shivers down my spine when I see them this short and you simply cannot justify backing them at 4/7 - yet I still expect them to win. Sadly though, so do the bookies and despite two successive odds on failures at home to Stoke and Norwich, surely they will be fired up to grab all three points against a side who have serious trouble scoring on the road. I do not expect a hammering though, so I think that the unders bet is also worth a stab at this price, considering how few goals there seems to be when these two play: Under 2.5 @ 4/5
Maybe you can explain these bets to me, because I can't understand the logic here. Are you expecting both bets to win? Because the only way these bets both can win is if Everton wins 1-0 over Swansea and if you believe that why won't you play the correct score instead?

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December I seem to be going against the masses here but I fancy under 2.5 goals in Blackburn vs Bolton tonight, 2.10 with bet365. Both teams will want to win but will also be desperate not to lose - I see a cagey affair, if any team takes the lead I think they'll defend it desperately and I can't see either team getting over 2 goals, and I can't see a 2-2 draw here. I think the odds for the overs are way too short here, both sides do have an attacking threat but will neither will want to lose this - I see a 0-0 or a 1-0 either way.

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December Wolves @ 2.10 pinnacle Neither side can keep a clean sheet but at the same time both sides have been scoring so the likelihood of this game going over is good. However like the value on the home side given that they played reasonably well on the weekend, and will be looking to make for a substandard performance in the second half in the loss to Stoke. They really need the three points here, and with the quality of Jarvis down the flanks, like him to drive this side forward. Norwich did enough to get a point at Everton, but playing their second road game in a space of a few days, could be pretty tough, given that the home side will be even more desperate for a result here. Wolves had won their previous two home games over Sunderland and Wigan, so the visit of Norwich is a game that they are capable of winning, provided they play for the full 90 minutes, and like them to beat them, as Norwich have drawn 2 and lsot 3 of their last 5 road games. Blackburn @ 2.18 pinnacle Bottom two teams and both are desperate for a result. Going with Blackburn given that they have played reasonably well at home of late, and though they lost 2-1 to West Brom on the weekend, they beat Swansea before that and were competiive with Chelsea. As for Bolton, they are struggling even more so, with losses in their last 4 road games, allowing at least two goals in each of them, and scoring just twice in these games. While the possibilities of both teams scoring given the poor defences of both sides, this is another game with some value on the home side, as the away side is really struggling. It does not get much better for them given that Blackburn have win at home in their last two meetings there, and Blackburn have kept a clean sheet in each Season record: 67-85 (+12.30)

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December Blackburn v Bolton Think this is going to be a win for Kean. Blackburn are playing some good football lately and were very unlucky against West Brom when they conceded two goals both were absolute crackers. Bolton are also unable to buy a win and have lost 13 out of 16 games so far this season. They failed to replace sturridge and elmender who left in the summer. I would be alot more confident in Blackburn if Dann was fit but he will be out so I feel Eagles and Klasnic can cause blackburn defence problems. They have not kept a clean sheet in the last 19 and I cannot see them doing it here However with Yakubu in the form he is in I feel Blackburn will win My Bets Blackburn to win @2.10 Both Teams to Score @ 1.57 Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.66 Yakubu Anytime Scorer @ 2.40

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December The overs is a public bet now, really hope it comes off for everyone. Bolton's abject attacking displays in the last couple of games has put me off that one, have no doubt Blackburn will score. There was a lack of fight from Bolton at Fulham, players seemed to be coasting along at 2-0 down. The saving grace may be that Blackburn are quite leaky too and their defence tonight on paper looks really poor: Possibly: Lowe, Hanley, Samba and Pedersen at left back. Doesn't inspire confidence at all. FWIW I think Blackburn outright looks the most attractive bet and is reasonably priced, but that defence would scare the life out of me. No bet for me.

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December Wolves v Norwich I like Wolves as a team and I cheer them on whenever they are not playing my team Newcastle. I like Mick McCarthy as a manager and feel he has done a great job at Wolves. However Wolves are a team I would NEVER put any money on. They are to unreliable. Norwich on the other hand have pulled out big results. They have grabbed draws away from teams such as Everton and Liverpool despite being dominanted for large periods of the game. Wolves are missing Jamie O Hara which is a big blow as he is one of the more creative players they have. Norwich score plenty but also concede plenty so I can see both teams scoring. Most of Norwichs Goals seem to come from either Morrison or Holt while Norwich have given away alot of penaltys in which Hunt is 6 from 6. My Bets Norwich DNB @ 2.50 Both Teams to Score @ 1.57 Holt Anytime Scorer @ 2.87 Hunt Anytime Scorer @ 4.33