** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December

Spooner

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December for those backing arsenal i would be a bit cautious. Changes are being made, cuellar is coming into central defence which is long overdue. And also young cieran clark in centre midfield. This will freshen things up for us, and clark has the potential to be a star, keeping hold of him will be a struggle. Another plus is bent and heskey out. As daft as it sounds being without bent, i think it will work out for the best. Agbonlahor is back and expected to start on his own up front. His best spell for villa was the 2 years he played alone under o'neill. He relishes this role rather than the holding role and with nzogbia and albrighton (granted not as good as young or downing) can supply. Im not saying arsenal wont win, just dont take it as a banker for granted.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December

Sport Football (England - Prem)
Event Aston Villa - Arsenal
Selection Arsenal -1 (AH) (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 21/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.50
Reasoning Aston Villa played awful football in the weekend against Liverpool and the result could easily have finished 0:5 or something (it finished 0:2). Now just three days later McLeish and his boys is having another heavy home game, this time against the inform Arsenal. Aston Villa is in the middle of the table right now (4-7-5), but with the bad program in the next couple of round the team will definetly lose some positions before new year. Darren Bent, Chris Herd and Emile Heskey are still out for the team from Birmingham, but the good news is that Gabby Agbonlahor is back for this game after he was suspended for the game vs Liverpool. Still without the two target men Villa will have a lot of problems in the attack today against the Gunners. Arsenal played really good against Manchester City in the weekend, but still the team lost 0:1 and now they will be highly motivated to get back on track with a three points at "Villa Park". The problems with missing players for Arsen Wenger continue. Along with the long time injured players, now the Frenchman will miss Alex Song, who is suspended and Johan Djourou, who got an injury against City on Sunday. Arsenal have great h2h stats against Villa. The Gunners have lost only twice in their last 25 meeting and also have no defeat at "Villa Park" in the last twelve games (6-6-0).

Check this http://odds-comparison.bestbetting.com/football/england/premier-league/relegation/ Looks like a decent bet. Spurs haven't lost to Chelsea at home in their last 5 games and managed 3 wins and 2 draws.
Yeah am tossing up between Spurs +0 (as mentioned above) or over 2.5 goals whichever one proves to be the safer bet. Reasoning for the latter is that both teams' attack is better than their def. Depends if King plays (Spurs more likely to concede without him) and if chelsea are likely to attack from the outset (most important factor). If these 2 go toe to toe they have the players to fill up the nets.

Hi all, would appreciate any insights into the Spurs Chelsea game and am considering Spurs +0 @ 1.86 Just think that Spurs know who they are and know how they attack with everyone playing a role. And maybe chelsea still don't have this strong identity and are still becoming one team under AVB. Whether King plays is a huge factor for me. Any other swaying info available? Cheers lads :cheers
Is Bale back for this game? Becouse now Lennon is out, and if Bale is not playing, I don't see Spurs very dangerous. Against Sunderland Spurs didn't looked very convincing after Lennon left the pitch. So I think Chelsea DNB is better choice.

My bad, forgot about Luis Enrique, that was good business to be fair. You have to admit that buying Downing at that price was silly as his value will not go any higher than what they paid for him, the same for Henderson unless they coach him extremely well. I think the people behind the scenes got it into their brains that if you buy English then the value can only increase but not with those two. Carroll is good when the team plays to his strengths but at present 30 million looks very steep. Still look on the bright side you got 50 million for a total write-off, it's good to see Abramovich get mugged.
Well, it's how you see on things. I agree that the price paid for Carroll was ridicolous, but the tactics played when he's on the pitch doesn't do him any favors. The only thing thing that Carroll should do is to be in the penalty box and wait for crosses to head in. Not trying to come down and meet the ball like Rooney or playing in a counter-attacking role because he hasn't the pace. I think that Henderson will prove good value, because he can have a lot of years in the club and hopefully become a really good impact player. And if he does that, there will be no point in selling him for a higher value. IMO, every buy can't be an economic buy. Often you need some type of players and have to cash up to get those. I can see the strategy used by Liverpool to buy players, although a very expensive one at the moment. But at least we got 50 mil for Torres :nana

Is Bale back for this game? Becouse now Lennon is out' date=' and if Bale is not playing, I don't see Spurs very dangerous. Against Sunderland Spurs didn't looked very convincing after Lennon left the pitch. So I think Chelsea DNB is better choice.[/quote'] Bale should be back. Tbh honest i'm not worried about lennon being out, i like it when Sandro plays, and while we will miss lennon going forward, Sandro does a great job defensively which will certainly be important against Chelsea. I'd disagree that we didn't look dangerous, we had numerous chances to make it 2-0 and put the game to bed, as well as Pav took his goal he is still fairly useless and we'll be much better without him tomorrow! I can see a score draw, maybe 2-2.

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December Manchester City vs Stoke City Bothe these teams have met in FA Cup final and City won 2-1. Expect again a tight match and maybe 2 or 3 goals. City haven;t been really a friend of this result when playing home, but I think tonight will be as they are looking to meet a strong side, very in form. 2 or 3 goals @ 2.10 with bet365

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December Game: Aston Villa v Arsenal Prediction: Aston Villa have lost their last 2 games at home against big teams (Liverpool and Man Utd), although if memory serves me correctly, they had some players out. Arsenal will be missing Alex Song, and proper fullbacks. All in all, despite Villa having the home advantage, my unbiased opinion is that Arsenal have to quality to get the win, however, I wont be surprised if they dont. Arsenal to avoid losing is my prediction. Pick: I think both teams to score @ 1.70 represents good value as I think it probably will happen as Arsenal have fullback issues and should let in a goal away from home (no Bent, but Agbonlahor is still lining up to play), and on the flip side, I see at least one goal in Van Persie, given the current form he is currently in. On that note, Van Persie to score anytime @ 1.83 also is a good bet in my opinion. We all know that Arsenal are super reliant on him, and even if he doesnt score the winner, I am sure he will manage to score one because at this rate, if anyone is to score from Arsenal, it will probably be Van Persie. If u have spare change another bet you can consider (this is purely from my gut feeling) is Half Time Result - Draw @ 2.20. I think fatigue will become a significant factor for both sides and I easily see the first half ending as a draw (much like the Arsenal-Everton game). If Arsenal get the early goal, I think the chances that this bet will hold is slim, but if Everton gets the early goal, I think you would still have a decent chance at Arsenal being able to pull one back before the break. also, consider Arsenal to win by 1 @ 3.50

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December Aston Villa vs Arsenal Villa is not doing great from the point of view of goal scoring while arsenal became very clinical lately. Although I sense a good will for winning tonight from the gunners. expect a tight game, but I think these guys cans core 2-3 goals and here I am thinking to Arsenal. 2 or 3 goals @ 2.00 with bet365

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December Newcastle vs West Brom Form is everything in England and this is what Newcastle is not having these days. West Brom are on the opposite side with a win over Blackburn Rovers last time out, 2-1. If the hoem games are not what they preffer, seems that Albion loves playing away. 3 wins, 2 draws and 3 defeats, 1 of them being in the last 5 games. It was a 0-3 to Arsenal, but not many though they can get more from that game. West Brom scored in every of the last 5 games and in 5 of the last 6 games away. Newcastle had already 2 games without scoring and have 5 win less games in last 5. Last game here was a thrilling 3-3 in May 2011. Yohan Cabaye serves a one-match ban, while Dan Gosling remains suspended and Ryan Taylor and Danny Guthrie are doubts. with Odemwingie and Shane Long in top form, West Brom should consolidate their away record in this one. 2 or 3 goals @ 2.00 with bet365

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December Everton vs Swansea Despite not having won so far on away games, Swansea are 12th in tables and they might want to get points here with big chances in my opinion. They had already 4 good games away from home: 2-2 to wolves, 0-0 to Liverpool, 2-4 to Blackburn, crazy match, 0-0 to Newcastle. This are announcing in my opinion a win abroad for the Welsh team. Everton is win less in last 3 games, having just 1 win in last 6 home games, that being a 2-1 with Wolves. Everton manager David Moyes mwill use on-loan forward Denis Stracqualursi, while Coleman and Rodwell are doubts. Swansea full-back Angel Rangel is available, but winger Nathan Dyer is out. Expect a match with good game play for both teams, but Swansea should offer a present to their fans here! 2 or 3 goals @ 1.95 with bet365

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December QPR vs Sunderland Sunderland is going to show to new manager Martin O'Neil that they have learned their lesson and can start rising up in tables. QPR are a strong team at home, but I think they can be defeated as haven't been successful in many games either. Sunderland made 3 good games in last 3 since O'Neal took control of the team, but they failed to get the fruits on that in 2 of them. Lost foolishly with Wolves after conceding a goal immediately after they missed a penalty. also lost 0-1 to Hotspur after offering a great display on the field. QPR lost with Man United, lost to Norwich and Liverpool. Expect a win for away side, go for a better protection although! 2 or 3 goals @ 1.95 with bet365

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December Wigan vs Liverpool Home side is very dangerous and will try clearly to get points here. They are a team capable of surprising big names and have great morale after the point took from Chelsea. Liverpool are regularly a good team away, but I am afraid of going straight for them. I would prefer to bet on Wigan, but this time I will go for a better choice, 2 or 3 goals in the match! 2 or 3 goals @ 1.95 with bet365

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December AV - Arsenal Last time AV won at home against Arsenal was in 1998........after that Arsenal got 6 wins and 6 draws....... Villa under McLeish is a weak team.....only 4 wins in 16 games, scored only 18 goals...... Arsenal on the other hand is improoving......OK, they lost last game against City 0-1 but they diserved to get a point at Etihad stadium; Van Persie scores in almost every game, young spanish left-back Miquel now have a chance to impress the manager and get a spot in the starting XI My prediction is that Arsenal will get a win by a goal....... cheers

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December i think arsenal will lose tonight because their defence isn't as strong as it could be. aston villa are dogged team so are bound to play better with bent probably back in the team. results over the years have not gone favourably for arsenal so i have to go for home win 5.00 bet365.

i think arsenal will lose tonight because their defence isn't as strong as it could be. aston villa are dogged team so are bound to play better with bent probably back in the team. results over the years have not gone favourably for arsenal so i have to go for home win 5.00 bet365.
No Bent tonight, mate...

Everton vs Swansea Despite not having won so far on away games, Swansea are 12th in tables and they might want to get points here with big chances in my opinion. They had already 4 good games away from home: 2-2 to wolves, 0-0 to Liverpool, 2-4 to Blackburn, crazy match, 0-0 to Newcastle. This are announcing in my opinion a win abroad for the Welsh team. Everton is win less in last 3 games, having just 1 win in last 6 home games, that being a 2-1 with Wolves. Everton manager David Moyes mwill use on-loan forward Denis Stracqualursi, while Coleman and Rodwell are doubts. Swansea full-back Angel Rangel is available, but winger Nathan Dyer is out. Expect a match with good game play for both teams, but Swansea should offer a present to their fans here! 2 or 3 goals @ 1.95 with bet365
how many times can swansea ride their luck? they should have lost at the weekend and now against everton i can only see a home win. i expect everton to improve on their finishing tonight which they lacked against norwich where they had 30 shots. its vital they win this match as their whole season pretty much rests on good results they get at home ground.

Wigan vs Liverpool Home side is very dangerous and will try clearly to get points here. They are a team capable of surprising big names and have great morale after the point took from Chelsea. Liverpool are regularly a good team away, but I am afraid of going straight for them. I would prefer to bet on Wigan, but this time I will go for a better choice, 2 or 3 goals in the match! 2 or 3 goals @ 1.95 with bet365
will suarez play tonight? when does his suspension start

Wigan vs Liverpool Home side is very dangerous and will try clearly to get points here. They are a team capable of surprising big names and have great morale after the point took from Chelsea. Liverpool are regularly a good team away, but I am afraid of going straight for them. I would prefer to bet on Wigan, but this time I will go for a better choice, 2 or 3 goals in the match! 2 or 3 goals @ 1.95 with bet365
Why do you bother to post you...eh..."predictions"? Is that how you call it? You bet on 2-3 goals on every match in almost every thread. This is not punting..this is gambling.You know f*ck all about footy and just taking you chances with 2-3 goals. :puke

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December aston villa vs arsenal with alex song key man in the middle of the parc missing, i think this game will go over 3.5 as arsenal often struggle to defend with him missing in away games (the 8-2 defeat at old trafford speaks for itself) the other game i'm iinterrested in will be Manchester city vs stoke the key feature in that game is the presence of kolo toure in defense with him last year man city had the best defence in EPL since he got back in the squad Man city have tighten up and got their first clean sheet on sunday against arsenal of all opponents.. so my picks are: aston villa vs arsenal over 3.5 goals at 21/10 with williamhill manchester city to win to nil EVS with williamhill

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December Originally Posted by sportxtipster viewpost.gif Wigan vs Liverpool Home side is very dangerous and will try clearly to get points here. They are a team capable of surprising big names and have great morale after the point took from Chelsea. Liverpool are regularly a good team away, but I am afraid of going straight for them. I would prefer to bet on Wigan, but this time I will go for a better choice, 2 or 3 goals in the match! 2 or 3 goals @ 1.95 with >Bet365

Why do you bother to post you...eh..."predictions"? Is that how you call it? You bet on 2-3 goals on every match in almost every thread. This is not punting..this is gambling.You know f*ck all about footy and just taking you chances with 2-3 goals. :puke
Ouch!!! Harsh but fair, harsh but fair!!! :ok

Damn, seems that tipster competition brings the worst in us. http://tipster-competition.punterslounge.com/tipsters/sportxtipster But good luck if he is betting on that for real.:hope

Arsenal and Manchester United Double... £25 returns £77 Newcastle and Everton Double... £25 return £77 My first double is my most confident prediction so therefore rely's as my back-up if the second one fails, Arsenal were very unlucky in my eyes to lose a game that literally could have gone either way (end to end). If it wasn't in fact for Joe Hart it well and truly could have been arsenal taking all 3 points home, if I would predict any score it would be 3-1 Arsenal at 12/1 Fulham have had a run of good form in games lately but I just see united being to strong for them, Rooney back amongst the scorers in recent weeks and the likes Carrick and Jones stepping up to the plate to solve their Central mid headaches could really see United hitting true form again, I fancy another 2-0 win at 15-2 for any chance takers out there.* My second double I'm equally as keen on but I'm new to this site so anyone that doesn't know me I always have a bet that I cover my money with, that being the Arsenal-United double, Newcastle bubble has well and truly been popped with defeats to City, Chelsea and Norwich which sees them tumble from their lofty perch but the firepower I believe will be to much and the game will finish with a Newcastle win, take Demba Ba first goalscorer at 7/2 to see them back on track. After a pretty much one sided STAT game against Norwich I can see Everton seeing off Swansea with the extra touch of class they have over them, their in danger of slumping into the relegation but they have the experience to win this tension-easer on their home patch, 1-0 Everton at 5/1 for any correct score takers. MisterBadham
All of my bets this evening revolve around the united and arsenal games as I'm confident both will walk away with victories (review above). *My first selection is ARSENAL AND MANCHESTER UNITED DOUBLE at 3/1 ... Second selection is ARSENAL -1 AND MANCHESTER UNITED -1 DOUBLE at 8/1... Last selection will be ARSENAL, NEWCASTLE EVERTON AND UNITED FOURFOLD at 10/1...* All bets explained in my review above... For punters that would be interested in chancing bets I'd suggest the scoreline to finish 3-1 to Arsenal tonight at villa park,*2-0 to United at craven cottage, 1-0 to Everton in a tight game on their home patch and finally Demba Ba to score first for Newcastle looks a good bet. So to review Strong Bets: Arsenal @ United Double 3/1 Arsenal -1 @ United -1 Double 8/1 Arsenal, Newcastle, Everton @ United Fourfold 10/1 Weak bets: Arsenal to win 3-1 12/1 United to win 2-0 15/2 Demba Ba to score first 7/2 Everton to win 1-0*5/1 Mister Badham

Damn, seems that tipster competition brings the worst in us. http://tipster-competition.punterslounge.com/tipsters/sportxtipster But good luck if he is betting on that for real.:hope
ah,thanks for that.Total profit -90 :moon i knew he was some sort of gambler.place bets on almost every match in every league with no much info.i don't even think he plays for real too.

ah' date='thanks for that.Total profit -[b']90 :moon i knew he was some sort of gambler.place bets on almost every match in every league with no much info.i don't even think he plays for real too.
Certainly agree with you Mahno and few others, if you go and check France league 1 in all yes in all matches he said its gonna be 2 or 3 goals, he gives no team news what so ever, i.e missing etc, thats really bull shit coz thats luck 2 or 3 goals in every match, before it used to be DRAWS in every match, whats next, maybe both to win :rollin

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December Newcastle v West Brom I advise not to bet on the outrights here....Newcastle like Wolves are too unpredictable to bet on. However there a couple of things I would bet on in this game. All games between Newcastle and West Brom are goal fests. Both teams have scored on the last 7 fixtures between the 2. While both teams may have better defences now I still feel both teams will score. 6 of them 7 fixtures have also had over 2.5 goals in them and I feel that is the way to go. Also when the teams are announced if Lovenkrands and/or Tchoyi are starting get money on them to score anytime. Lovenkrands has scored every time he has played against West Brom while Tchoyi scored 4 goals against Newcastle last season. Most Players have teams they always score against these seem to be theres My Bets Both Teams to Score @ 1.66 Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.80 Lovenkrands Anytime Goalscorer @ 3.00 Tchoyi Anytime Goalscorer @ 4.50

Re: England > Midweek > Barclays Premier League > 20-22 December Thinks its definitely worth taking Arsenal and United away wins tonight; Villa vs Arsenal – Arsenal to win 1.75 at Victor Chandler (3 units) Much has already been said about this match on these boards and I can only agree with all the Arsenal backers. Villa look so impotent at the moment and with Bent still out I can’t see it getting any better for them. The lack of any major attacking threat should mean that Arsenal should have most of the possession and they have enough quality to get the win. I don’t think Arsene will rest any of his key players with ‘easier’ home matches against Wolves and QPR up next being a better opportunity to do this. Villa will be missing Chris Herd who is a committed type of player and has done well for them in his appearances this season and will be a surprisingly big miss as Villa look to break up Arsenal’s play, especially given how bad at tackling both Petrov and Delph are. If both Heskey and Collins are also out then defending set pieces will be a concern for Villa once again, and Arsenal have some players who could capitalise on this. I don’t agree with the poster who considered that Cueller would be an improvement on Collins. Whilst I do think he is a better player, the relationship that Dunne and Collins had was a good one and seeing that he hasn’t played much competitive football in the last 12 months and is a possible leaver in this transfer window it will be hard for the Spaniard to come in and play at 100% immediately .His lack of speed (a problem in general with this Villa defence I feel) could also let him down against quick Arsenal attacks. Fulham vs Man Utd – Man Utd to win 1.80 at Victor Chandler (2.5 units) Odds are also tempting enough for me to go in on Utd here. United seem to be slowly getting their verve back, and after a series of matches where they were only able to net once they now have six goals in two league games. The problem throughout the season for me has been in centre mid but Jones is getting better by the game in there and Carrick had an excellent game vs QPR, so it seems they may finally be getting things right and that will be a worry for all teams in the league as they are well covered everywhere else on the park. Despite all the criticism they are in excellent league form post the City game, with 6 wins and a draw in last 7 matches. Ferguson's team have also built the best away record in the country, being unbeaten and seemingly impenetrable in defence. This defensive solidity and better recent attacking performances should give them plenty of confidence heading into this match. Fulham are a good side but very beatable. They miss Schwarzer and in general I don’t think are good enough defensively at the moment to keep United at bay. Nani or Young could have a field day against a Baird / Senderos combination on the right side of the Fulham defence and in general I think the midfield is too attack minded with both Ruiz and Dempsey better going forward than back, and Murphy sometimes outrun in the centre. Wigan vs Liverpool – over 2.5 goals 2.0 at bet365 (2 Units) A lot has been said about Liverpool’s lack of goals, but they have also been extremely unlucky and have hit the woodwork a ridiculous amount of times this season. Like Daglish I do believe that goals will eventually come and today’s match would be a perfect time for Liverpool (and Suarez) in particular to come to life. Often teams come alive when then feel a sense of injustice and that everything is against them. Whether you buy into that or not Daglish has not tried to hide his feelings and I think he could easily stir up this group of players to put in a strong performances, with Bellamy, Suarez, Kuyt, Rodriguez, Carroll, Strktel and Agger all players who could be spurred on. In general Liverpool have a very good away record, with 5 wins on the road this season and in all those wins they have managed to net twice. Wigan are poor defensively and may well be playing Jordi Gomez as left back tonight, which would be a worry. They have only kept two clean sheets as well this season, but even they were at the beginning of the season and they have conceded in all of their last 13 games. They do however possess a decent attacking threat given the style of play Martinez uses and as we saw against Chelsea they are capable of scoring against even the best teams. Newcastle vs West Brom – Newcastle -0.5AH 2.03 at bet365 (2 units) Newcastle have seen their strong home record upset a little bit lately due to numerous key injuries but with players now returning I’m backing them to getting back to winning ways . The defence looks a lot stronger with Collocini back and Williamson may well join him to ensure that for this match they should have two centre backs playing in their correct position. Even with Perch playing there at the weekend, they kept a clean sheet with Krul having another good game and that would have given their defensive confidence a huge boost, coming off the back of conceding seven goals in two games. Tiote is back in midfield and whilst Cabeye is out, Guthrie is a decent enough all action player to provide adequate back up. Indeed it is West Broms central midfiled that looks a concern with Scharner and Mulumbu major doubts for this one. With Gera and Morrison also injured cover is a bit sparse and I would fancy Newcastle’s two to out fight whoever gets the nod for WBA. Upfront Newcastle are very strong and have plenty of options from the bench as well. Albion don’t do many clean sheets either, having conceded in all their last 8 league games so with the quality that Newcastle have I would fancy them to put West Brom to the sword here. :hope