** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 17-18 December

Spooner

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 17-18 December Fulham vs Bolton – over 2.5 1.83 at Ladbrokes (2 units) Have to fancy the overs in what I’m hoping will be an entertaining game which will see Fulham looking to bounce back after the mid-week Europa League disappointment, against a Bolton team in need of a win. Owen Coyle has said this week that this is a must win game and they will be going all out to get the three points. I imagine this will perhaps point to a more attacking display than usual as they can’t really rely on any defence featuring Zat Knight to see them through games. Upfront they are still relatively strong and despite their lowly position have an ok scoring record which is slighty better away than at home which bodes well. Fulham on the other hand will be looking at the fact that this Bolton defence has been by far the worst in the league this season, and given the fact that Jol always packs his team with plenty of firepower, with Dempsey, Zamora, Ruiz and Dembele all likely to start they should have enough attacking quality to pick at the holes in this Bolton defence. Newcastle vs Swansea – over 2.5 1.83 at Boyle sports (2.5 units) Like a fair few other people I was on the overs in the Newcastle match last week and as doubts still prevail over Coloccini, Tiote and with Williamson still not likely to be match fit I think the Newcastle defence could be exposed again. Both teams are likely to be much better going forward than in defence for this match and that should see a high scoring encounter. Despite their injuries in defence, they have a full quota of players to choose from going forward and the likes of Ba, Gutteirez and Obertan should cause this Swansea defence some problems. Gutteirez particularly should find some enjoyment down that left flank with Angel Rangel still out for Swansea. Like Newcastle, Swansea also have a full complement of attacking players and despite not picking up any wins on the road this season have caused problems to teams scoring in four of their last five away games. Wolves vs Stoke – over 2.5 goals 2.05 at bet365 (2 units) Wolves have served up a lot of entertainment at home recently, with all their last five league games going over, and with Stoke not looking as defensively sharp this season as in previous ones I think the likelihood for goals is high. Despite two wins in a row at home, Wolves still look vulnerable sitting 17th in the league and will need to keep pushing for these home wins if they are to climb up a few positions. Confidence will be high at home given this recent form and with the exception of O’Hara, they don’t have too many injury worries as it looks likely that Jarvis has recovered enough to make the team. The front four of Jarvis, Hunt, Doyle and Fletcher now have a lot of experience of playing together and there is just enough trickery, pace and aerial presence between them to cause Stoke problems. They have scored in 8 of the last 10 league games. Stoke on the other hand have been far from impressive in defence this season conceding on average over 2 goals a game. They do however seemed to be continually improving their front play. Etherington and Pennent are always a threat, Shotton is a good replacement for Delaps long throws, Walters has found and is maintaining good form and in Crouch, Jerome and Jones they have three strikers who know exactly what is expected of them and do it well. Both league games last year went overs. :hope

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 17-18 December Blackburn v WBA over 2.5 34 Goals in 14 Games Blackburn have been H & WBA have been A 93 Goals in 30 Games in total in Prem Blackburn Average 3.7 Goals in their Games, 5/6 have gone over 2.5 WBA Average 2.6 Goals in their Games, 4/6 & 4/5 have gone over 2.5 1.91 on Betfair

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 17-18 December

Man.City - Arsenal On Monday against Chelsea we saw that Man.City struggle when it comes to playing against stronger teams and I don’t expect them to have an easy game against Arsenal. Moreover, they have some important players missing in defense, namely Gael Clichy, Aleksandar Kolarov and Micah Richards is doubtful and even if he plays I am not sure he will be at 100%. Arsenal are in good form and apart from their long term absentees have a strong squad. Arsenal played really well against in the Carling Cup without most of their key players and I believe that with in form Van Persie and other key players they will be able to get something from this game. Arsenal +1 @ 2.20 (5 units) William Hill
City beat United 6-1 away and Spurs 5-1 away so I fail to see your logic. Home win every day of the week for me. Richards has been passed fit and Kolarov is probably their weakest defender anyway. Home win for me every day of the week.

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 17-18 December Guys please take note that nominations are now open for the Punters Lounge Oscars 2011. These are annual awards where members get to nominate the punter they feel has performed the best over the last year in their particular field. Nominations can be made here Punters Lounge Oscar Nominations In Here Nominations are open until December 31st, at which point three of the most nominated punters in each category will be put to a very public vote for a further two weeks into the new year. No excuse not to get involved :ok :)

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 17-18 December Have just taken one more as well; Wigan vs Chelsea – Chelsea -1.5 AH 2.05 at Bet365 (2 units) Having a quick read through these pages and it seems quite a bit has already been said on this match, but there really is likely to be a real mismatch in quality. Chelsea are hitting excellent form now and have been getting better by the game and the result against Man City will be such a huge confidence boost for them. Drogba is looking sharp, and Mata and Sturridge are constant threats for any side, and especially so for Wigan who can be woeful defensively particularly at home where there attempts at fancy attacking football can leave them short at the back. They have conceded 14 goals in the last 5 home games you have to fancy Chelsea to rack up the goals here. Chelsea to score over 2.5 could be another interesting one and is currently at 2.5. :hope

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 17-18 December Wolves v Stoke. Over 2.5 goals. 2.17 @ Pinnacle (5/10) See value in overs tbh. Stoke have looked like they've got on the right track in the Premier League lately but having played in Istanbul on Wednesday they might be up for the picking. They perform poorly after the midweek matches in Europe and Wolves can take advantage of that. Considering that Wolves are playing attacking ball game, I reckon this match will be at fast pace and therefore with decent chance to cover overs. Anything above evens is value for me. Blackburn v WBA. Over 2.5 goals. 1.88 @ Pinnacle (7/10) Overs is pretty much an automatic choice in Balckburn matches, especially against teams like West Brom. Would have actually preferred both teams to score option here but odds are too short to have a bite. Defending has been non-existent the whole season for Steve Kean's side and despite Brom having not got massive attack even they will score today, be sure about that.

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 17-18 December Sunderland +1,+1.5 @ 2.075, 2 units Sunderland will have been galvanised by their comeback against Blackburn last week. I also really rate Martin O'Neil as a manager. Tottenham have been in great form but will have lost confidence after being robbed at Stoke last week. My prediction is 2-1 to Tottenham, hence the line chosen. Arsenal +0.5,+1 @ 2.025, 2 units City proved they aren't invincible last time out at Chelsea. With all the huge personalities in the team I always predicted they could have a bit of a meltdown after their first loss. I'm more convinced of this after Ballotelli and Richards were fighting in training this week. Van Persie has at least one goal i him and if they can score first Arsenal could even win this one. I prefer the safety of the AH. Liverpool -0.5 @ 1.925, 2 units Despite Liverpool being shakey against the weaker sides in the league (most noteably Swansea at home) I feel they should have no trouble with Villa this week. They have a far better squad and will be looking to try and force their way back into the title race as it begins to open up. Having drawn with City and beaten Chelsea twice they should have no trouble at Villa Park. Newcastle v Swansea Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.875, 2 units I'm confident Newcastle can beat the Swans but i think they'll have to score a few goals to do it. Their defense has been shakey since the injury blows and is guaranteed to ship at least one. Scott Sinclair is slowly coming good in the PL and will be in the hunt for goals here. Should be a good high scoring game! Weekly Accumulator: Blackburn Draw (Everton v Norwich) Fulham Draw (Newcastle v Swansea) Stoke Chelsea Man United Liverpool Tottenham Draw (City v Arsenal) 0.5 Units at 3053/1 GL all!:ok

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 17-18 December Anyone on Bolton might enjoy reading this :ok http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thefootballtacticsblog/2011/12/outflanked_bolton_need_to_figh.html Far too much pressure on the away side for my liking. Especially with a derby game coming up. And Coyle seems to have run out of ideas.

What are people's thoughts on David Luiz or Ramires to be booked @ 3.84 each?
Potentially Luiz may not even start for Chelsea today. He is back from suspension but AVB may well stick with Ivanovic and Bosingwa after they put in a decent showing against Man City. I think in general Chelsea should be in control of this game and shouldn't need to be doing anything reckless which could put them at risk of picking up cards.

Disagree with all that! Arsenal have been playing brilliantly of late and even if they are reliant on Van Persie' date=' its only a problem for Arsenal if he isnt playing! He will be playing so Arsenal will be a huge threat! Arsenal went to Chelsea and won 5-3, ye went to Chelsea and lost 2-1, yer games against United and Spurs have no bearing whatsoever on this match and i fancy Arsenal to get a result against an over-rated City team![/quote'] i'm interested to know why arsenal and man citys results at stamford bridge are useful for comparing the 2 teams but both teams results against utd and spurs (both @ spurs and united) are not useful in comparing?

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 17-18 December Wigan vs Chelsea Lose points in the match with one of the outsiders after beaten the best team at the end of 15 rounds (Man. City), it would be, tragic. In general, Chelsea played pretty much the last time - just one defeat with 4 victories in the last 5 games. Last games Chelsea: 12.12.11 Chelsea - Manchester City 2-1 (1:1) 06.12.11 Chelsea - Valencia 3:0 (2:0) 03.12.11 Newcastle - Chelsea 0:3 (0:1) 29.11.11 Chelsea - Liverpool 0:2 (0:0) 26.11.11 Chelsea - Wolverhampton 3:0 (3:0) ... agree that in the context of such "monsters" as Man City or Valencia, Wigan with its record 0:15 in the last 3 encounters against Chelsea looks easy affair. Generally Wigan for 15 rounds to win all 3 games, 2 of them on the road, so that we can not say that home advantage can somehow help this team. Last games Wigan: 10.12.11 West Brom - Wigan 1:2 (1:1) 03.12.11 Wigan - Arsenal 0:4 (0:2) 26.11.11 Sunderland - Wigan 1:2 (1:1) 19.11.11 Wigan - Blackburn 3:3 (2:1) 06.11.11 Wolverhampton - Wigan 3:1 (1:1 ) Estimated compo: Wigan: Al-Habsi, Stam, Caldwell, Alcaraz, Figueroa, Diame, McCarthy, Jones, Moses, Sammon, Gomez Chelsea: Cech, Ivanovic, Luiz, Terry, Cole, Ramires, Romeu, Lampard, Sturridge, Drogba, Mata I think Wigan hardly can afford to compete with Chelsea. Given the recent history it is clear that they cant be opposed to the former team of the current coach russian Premier League team Kuban Krasnodar, Dan Petrescu (his little girl named... Chelsea) Reccomended: Chelsea -1.5 Asian Handicap @ 2.05 Bet365 With regards, Abdelmalik Safin - Russian Football Expert tipping on the World's Best Betting Forum, The Punters Lounge Russian Football 2011/12 Thread on the PL Forum uePCg.png

Fulhams fantastic 8 wins out of 10 record against terrible trotters' date= is enough to go on for 3 points. Been a poor week for Fulham. Should have taken a point from Swansea even though we didn't deserve nothing so it was fair enough we got beaten 2-0. We were playing for a clean sheet and not even thinking of winning a very winnable game. Credit to Swansea though they took advantage of Jol's ambitious away tactics. Europa League Wednesday night what a blow. 2-0 and cruising. I think the last time I witnessed Fulham blowing a 2 goal lead at home was Southampton at home at loftus road 6 or 7 seasons ago now. So ye its rare. These two fixtures have got fans fuming and alarm bells might start ringing at Fulham hq if we don't take 3 points from this game. It was a combination of inexperience and taking our foot of the gas which got us knocked out. Fully deserved that to. Odense were there to be hit for 3 or 4 in the 2nd half. I was expecting Fulham to be much higher than they were with the bookmakers. 1.61 for a team that sits 14th in the table with a few problems of their own is a disgrace. However 1.61 must represent how bad Bolton are. And if Bolton are so bad they are priced up at 6.00 to win here its looking like a home win. Our recent record of 8 wins and 2 draws out of the last possible 10 in the league also suggests Bolton are in for another bad away day at the cottage. Ruiz will be back for this game and I would like to think he is settled now to the EPL. He is not playing particulary well but this is a great game for him to get him going. Not sure what the go with Zamora is. He didn't want to be their in the week and will be interesting to see if he starts or not. AJ might be back and I think he will start with Duff. As for Bolton I cant say allot. I needed them to win or draw last week for £80 in a treble and they let me down. I watched them and they were very poor. If you cant get results on your own pitch away from home in the EPL is even harder. Its a massive game for Fulham. This game will answer allot of questions about the manager. Apparently the players don't like him which isn't the best thing. Can we dig deep and get 3 points for Jol? Will we react to EL let down? will BZ turn up. In a way I think its relief we got knocked out the EL because we were playing so many games and realistically we were never going to go as far as uncle Roy took us. Now we can concentrate on a solid league performance and maybe a FA cup run and some good old player and manager bonding time ;). Another point about Bolton is Zat Knight. Anyone with him in your team is there for the taking. I have witnessed Fulham so many times with him in the back four and by god does he cost you. Schwarzer is out for us which is a blow but I wouldn't look into that to much as I believe Stockdale is a brilliant keeper. Hes just been unlucky not to get his chance because of Mark being so good still. The prediction rating for this game is
17/12/2011Fulham71.0077.50 - 41.5044.75Bolton+26.25
This represents a Fulham home win by 1 goal possibly 2 if you go by the middle. Last week against Swansea
10/12/2011Swansea40.5022.50 - 48.5035.00Fulham+5.50
So here you would take 1X but with only small stakes because the middle numbers suggest an away win to Fulham (Result 2-0 Swans) and the week before against Liverpool
05/12/2011Fulham68.5063.50 - 51.0044.00Liverpool+24.50
A Fulham win by one goal or 1X. (Fulham won 1-0) So going by the performance ratings they have been pretty spot on recently so hopefully this trend continues. So to conclude its a big game and the bookmakers seem to have it as a home win. I would avoid that price for sure but I will be getting stuck into some value bets. In those 8 wins against Bolton there are a few 2-1 or 2-0 in there. I will have 2 units on both of these and 10 units split on Fulham win margins by 1 and 2. Fulham win 2-1 8.50 2/10 Fulham win 2-0 7.00 2/10 :nana:cigar:clap:beer:nana Fulham win by 1 3.60 6/10 Fulham win by 2 4.75 4/10 :nana:cigar:clap:beer:nana B365 COYW FTID :hope
Anyone else get on these? Great to see a reaction from the players. Great result and nice win :nana

Everton - Norwich Everton are not playing well this season. They have only managed 5 wins this season, all against teams in the bottom half of the table. Meanwhile, Norwich are playing really well for a newly promoted side. In two years by winning back to back promotions they went from playing in League 1 to Premier League and it looks like they will stay here if they continue playing the way they do. They lost away games against top 3 sides but in my opinion played really well at Old Trafford and taking a point from Anfield is also a good result. They were very impressive against Newcastle last week and I can see them getting something against out of form Everton. Norwich +1 @ 2.20 (2 units) William HIll
Everton had around 30 goal attempts while Norwich had less then 10. Canaries can defend and will most likely avoid relegation this season.

Under 2.5 EVS sp 10/10 :) Both to score NO 11/10 widely avaliable 10/10 :) DRAW 11/4 bf 3.5/10 :) Bolton +0.75 11/10 365 10/10:(
Excellent profit on the Newcastle game, though was very lucky! Poor bolton, another loss for them, id have though fulham would be stuttery after what happened in midweek and bolton to pounce. Blackburn cost me dear.... they aint a terrible side but its a gloomy christmas for ewood park. Elsewhere broken even on the Wolves - Stoke game, lost on wolves +0, but won on over 2.5, and a small loss on Everton - Norwich not going over 2.5. Lets see if i can turn a profit on the late kick-off: Wigan - Chelsea Everything points to a chelsea win, with Villas-Boas having a good record against weaker teams such as those in portugal and this season in the premier league. Sturridge and Mata are on fire, and Drogba looks as if hes found his goalscoring boots again. Wigan have had a lucky wins against sunderland and west brom, but after their last win against Sunderland they lost 0 - 4 at home to Arsenal, who were excellent in breaking them apart after scoring a first soft goal. I'd expect Wigan resistance early on, but once Chelsea scores i'd expect them to win by 3 - 4. Whether that goal will come will be the question and ill go for a funny trio of bets: Sturridge to score first 4/1 1/10 Draw 4/1 2/10 Chelsea -2.5 3/1 3/10

Everton had around 30 goal attempts while Norwich had less then 10. Canaries can defend and will most likely avoid relegation this season.
they have only a few on target . they need some serious training :eyes

I think it's probably more to do with Everton's lack of fire power up top Mustafa :) Norwich aren't great defensively, and whenever Everton are odds on they more often than not concede first and then proceed to batter the living daylights out of the opposition. It worked in seasons past when they had plenty of options...

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 17-18 December QPR vs Man Utd Over 2.5 goals . odds are different as i'm from Singapore :) keeping it short . with Nani and Rooney back on track . i see them scoring some goals . And not to forget , Jones is playing some good football out there now . However, QPR may not be a great team on paper but this is going to be as difficult as any away game this season. The QPR fans can make Loftus Road hostile for the big clubs to play at and we all saw Chelsea lose and City luckily win 3-2 when they played there .

I think it's probably more to do with Everton's lack of fire power up top Mustafa :) Norwich aren't great defensively' date=' and whenever Everton are odds on they more often than not concede first and then proceed to batter the living daylights out of the opposition. It worked in seasons past when they had plenty of options...[/quote'] But they also played well away against Liverpool and managed to take 1 point from Anfield.

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 17-18 December Lampard back in the team...he IS 33 and I think AVB knows best to rest him a lil bit....could come out with a point to prove Really hoping Chelsea don't let up and use this as a statement game...what statement I don't know...! got them Chelsea ML (I know I know) 343 to win 120 and in a treble: Chelsea(-1.5) / Real Madrid (-1) / AC Milan to WIN 90 to win 260

But they also played well away against Liverpool and managed to take 1 point from Anfield.
Liverpool haven't been exactly firing on all cylinders this season though, have they :unsure The only side they've really turned over was Bolton, and we since know how dire Bolton are. Also all three goals were scored by players other than strikers. They did play well, but they're not that good defensively, so I think it's not a great idea to assume they are.

Liverpool haven't been exactly firing on all cylinders this season though' date=' have they :unsure The only side they've really turned over was Bolton, and we since know how dire Bolton are. Also all three goals were scored by players other than strikers. They did play well, but they're not that good defensively, so I think it's not a great idea to assume they are.[/quote'] I did not say they were great. All I am saying is that they have enough good defense to avoid relegation.

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 17-18 December Tottenham vs Sunderland Got to be abit of value in Sunderland possibly snatching this one at 8/1? Martin O'neill had an impact last week where Sunderland managed to win the game scoring twice in the last 10 minutes. Martin O'neill could impact again this week? surely Sunderland will be high on confidence with the change in manager and going straight out to win, and if O'neill does something good its getting the morale and confidence of the team up. So i believe small stakes on 8/1 tomorrow for Sunderland to snatch the win. Another interest fact, is that in all of the 7 games Sunderland have lost this season in the league, they have not lost by more than a 1 goal difference, this again shows abit of value, maybe the asian handicap of -0.5 for Tottenham could be in favour? Looking outside of the asian handicap, this shows that sunderland aren't no push overs, now i own a sunderland season ticket and you may see this post as being biased but i would have to disagree, sunderland have been very unlucky in many games where we dominate possession but just don't have the cutting edge in front of goal and thats due to the lack of strikers the team has. So what am getting at here is, that scorelines of 1-0 and 2-1 to Tottenham could have some value as Sunderland don't concede many they just have a problem scoring. Going by my original point in the opening paragraph by backing Sunderland to win, if they were to win it would as be a 1-0 or a 2-1 in my opinion. 2-1 Tottenham - 11/2 skybet 1-0 Tottenham - 6/1 skybet 2-1 Sunderland - 22/1 skybet - low stakes 1-0 Sunderland - 20/1 skybet - low stakes

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 17-18 December Overrated Man City are you having a laugh smashing every record in league this season playing some of best football ever seen in prem.Poor price tomorrow but will win