** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 17-18 December

Spooner

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 17-18 December Hi guys, first day posting on here, here's my views on the weekends games ;) All odds posted will be courtesy of bet365. Blackburn vs West Brom - Blackburn really need to start picking up points and currently sit in 19th place, losing five of their seven games at home. West Brom are in 15th but are always capable of giving teams a good game andI think they're better than their league positions says. I fancy West Brom to pile more pressure on Steve Kean and Blackburn, in a tight game. My recommended tips are West Brom @ 3.00 and a correct score of Blackburn 0-1 West Brom @ 11.00 Everton vs Norwich - Goodison Park will be boosted by the news that Landon Donovan will return next year for a couple of months, but for the time being their attacking threat is still not great. Norwich have done themselves proud this year and will feel they can get all 3 points from Everton tomorrow, but I think in the second half of the season they will slip a bit so I can see a draw here tomorrow. My recommended tips are Draw @ 3.75 and a correct score of Everton 1-1 Norwich @ 7.00 Fulham vs Bolton - Bolton are another team who really need to start picking up points, but I can't see this starting tomorrow. Fulham will still be in a bit of shock after going out of the Europa League late on in midweek but Jol should mix the team up a bit and realise they need to ensure their safety in the Premier League for another season, as with a couple of defeats they could find themselves near the relegation zone. I think Fulham should nick this, but there won't be much in it. My recommended tips are Fulham @ 1.61 and a correct score of Fulham 1-0 Bolton @ 7.00 Newcastle vs Swansea - Newcastle started the season fantastically but are in danger of slipping down the table, they need a win here tomorrow. Swansea haven't won away from home tomorrow and although they can cause Newcastle problems tomorrow, I don't think they have it in them to take all 3 points. Newcastle should be too strong and can continue their good start to the season with a win. My recommended tips are Newcastle @ 1.80 and a correct score of Newcastle 2-1 Swansea @ 8.50 Wolves vs Stoke - Stoke will be pleased to be in the next round of the Europa League, and in the league they're performing well for them, in 8th place. Wolves sit just outside the relegation zone and have to start winning more of their home games. My recommended tips are Draw @ 3.25 and a correct score of Wolves 1-1 Stoke @ 6.00 Wigan vs Chelsea - Chelsea's problems on the pitch seem to have turned a corner now and we're starting to see the Chelsea of old. They had a massive win over Man City in the last round of games and will continue this with a win at Wigan. The home side struggle at home, having won only one of their 8 home games and Chelsea will have too much for them. My recommended tips are Chelsea @ 1.36 and a correct score of Wigan 0-3 Chelsea @ 9.00 QPR vs Man United - A great day of Sunday football starts off at Loftus Road, Rangers will be up for this one. Having beaten Chelsea at home, and knowing United are potentially vulnerable, I see an open and attacking game but think United will have a bit too much for them. The visitors have won 5 of their 7 away games and know how important the league is now that they're out of the Champions League. My recommended tips are Man United @ 1.44 and a correct score of QPR 1-3 Man United @ 12.00 Aston Villa vs Liverpool - This should be another open and attacking game, Villa aren't fantastic at home and Liverpool have won 4 of their 7 away games (losing the other 3). I think Liverpool will control large parts of the game but still think they are missing something which could close down games for them. My recommended tips are Draw @ 3.40 and a correct score of Villa 1-1 Liverpool @ 6.50 Spurs vs Sunderland - Sunderland will still be on a high from the appointment of O'Neill and a big last-minute win last weekend. However, they travel to a Spurs team sitting in 4th, winning 5 of their 6 home games. This will be O'Neill's first real test and Sunderland will find themselves dumped back in reality, Spurs should have too much, their open and fast attacks will trouble the visitors. My recommended tips are Spurs @ 1.36 and a correct score of Spurs 3-1 Sunderland at 11.00 Man City vs Arsenal - Arsenal are another side who seem to have turned the corner after a rough patch, but their trip to Arsenal for the biggest game of the weekend will see them struggle in my opinion. Of course, they have the capability to cause City problems but the home side's attacking threat is so vast that I can't see past a home win. My recommended tips are Man City @ 1.72 and a correct score of Man City 4-2 @ 41.00 Good luck everyone! :)

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 17-18 December

I think betting handicap or even win on City is a bit risky. Arsenal have been hot as of late, City on a (slight) downswing. I disagree that City struggles with top EPL teams. They did lose to Chelsea last weekend, but they still annihilated Spurs and Man U at Old Trafford earlier this season. To me, that shows that they could go either way -- too risky for me. Arsenal is the same way. They beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, but do you really want to trust that leaky defense at Eastlands? Even for all their great form as of late (7 wins in their last 8 games), their back four is still suspect, and that's not something I'd want to put my money on against a team with the firepower of City, even if they are short. Arsenal are also extremely unpredictable against the EPL's best -- in recent seasons they've played Liverpool very closely, beaten Chelsea twice, played Man U close but also gotten killed. Tottenham has also given them trouble. They had mixed results against City last season, beating them 3-0 at Eastlands but also drawing them at home. I'd say the safest bet for Arsenal/City this weekend is OVER 2.5 goals -- both teams' back four are not at full strength, and if someone scores early, either team is capable of striking back quickly or folding up and letting in another few goals (Arsenal moreso than City). My recommendation (and what I'll likely be doing) is throwing OVER 2.5 goals into an accumulator bet since the odds are a bit short -- currently at 1.65 on Bovada. Haven't scanned the other matches thoroughly enough to find a second bet yet myself. DISCLAIMER: I am an Arsenal fan, but I'd like to think my above analysis was fairly unbiased. =]
agree with you that City didn't look so bad against top teams! they won against MU and Tottenham , and they played (in my opinion) very good against Chelsea , but then they got that sending off and the same situation was in Liverpool game + there was a sending off in ManUtd game too. So as we can see - City are getting many bookings against top teams so in this game i might try over 3.5 , over 4.5 cards. :)

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 17-18 December Some of my predictions on the weekend in the Premier league: Newcastle vs Swansea First instinct on this fixture was that it would go unders. Both sides are doing very well in the league mainly based on their excellent defence. Krul and Vorm have been excellent this season and there is no reason why their excellent form wont continue. Newcastle in recent games have conceaded without their usual back 4 who were injured, but Coloccini and Williamson should be back for newcastle after injury to bolt up their defence. Both teams are very confortable on the ball, and swansea likes to adopt a passing style and slowly build to their goals. All of this screams a low scoring affair of 1 - 0, 2 - 0 or 0 - 0, and thought it would be a mug punt for the weekend. However the odds have suprised me greatly: Under 2.5 EVS sp 10/10 Both to score NO 11/10 widely avaliable 10/10 DRAW 11/4 bf 3.5/10 Fulham vs Bolton A big blow for the whites being knocked out of the Europa league and brings an end of a journey that started in the summer back in July. Jol will be looking to focus on the league for a response and there is no doubt he wanted the europa league. However, there have been some tension around the squad especially with Zamora and Johnson, and the Fulham crowd have really been frustrated by some negative play by their team in midweek. Hangeland was getting boos and were making mistakes. Bolton themselves aint a bad team but something seems to have gone wrong despite their excellent start to last season, which tailed off towards the end and continued to do so in this. The loss of Sturridge and Elmander is a big one, and others to injury such as Park as another. However Coyle have great spirit and will see this as a fixture to get something from. Klasnic is avaliable and he looks an excellent threat. Jaaskelainen have been great in goal and is a top quality keeper. To contrast, Fulham have got goalkeeping problems and will need to re-call Stockdale from Ipswitch. He could be abit shakey in the start of the game. Good value in this game: Bolton +0.75 11/10 365 10/10

I use 5 units betting system and as of today my profit is 12.83 units. Why?
Lol sorry if it was a little bit random. I usually use this forum as a reference point for games that involve teams aside from Arsenal but once in a while I take notice of some people that provide what i consider to be solid "punting reasoning" and seem to know what they are talking about. When i see such a person, i get curious as to what their record is.

Whats a 5-unit betting system?
I don't know if it is called that. My stakes range from 1 to 5 units.
Lol sorry if it was a little bit random. I usually use this forum as a reference point for games that involve teams aside from Arsenal but once in a while I take notice of some people that provide what i consider to be solid "punting reasoning" and seem to know what they are talking about. When i see such a person' date=' i get curious as to what their record is.[/quote'] It's ok it was not random.

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 17-18 December Game: Man City v Arsenal Prediction: Man City are a behemoth of a team and should beat Arsenal if nothing out of the ordinary occurs. Arsenal are a decent team and have struck up a fantastic run of wins of late, but i think this will be where it ends. Man City to avoid defeat is the likely outcome in my opinion because I think even if they have a bad day, they are still the home team and a loss is unlikely. Picks: Strictly speaking this IS still a match between two big teams so betting on the outcome in my opinion would be risky. but if one is to go down that road, i would say Man City to win @ 1.73 or Man City to win (Draw no bet) @ 1.25 are good accumulator picks especially the latter. My pick for this game has to be Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.59. Yes, i think it is short, but i also think it is safe. Arsenal have fullback issues atm and I am very sure City will without a doubt at the very least score one or two. Funnily enough this season's Arsenal side is a team that knows how to score and even sometimes win ugly (the only time they failed to score was in the first game of the season). I definitely see both teams being able to score and that particular bet is priced at 1.58 atm, and maybe that could be a safer bet alternative? Either way both prices are short, personally I've went on to take Over 2.5 goals. On a side note, i DO believe that this game WILL be feisty and forsee alot of cards being dished out. I dont usually go into the cards market but if I do these would be my picks. Alex Song/ Yaya Toure to get booked and Overs. Last but not least, Robin Van Persie to score @ 2.40 represents very good value in my opinion. If someone from Arsenal is to score in this high profile game, it probably will be Van Persie. All prices from sportsbet Aus

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 17-18 December Dammit I was logged in and wrote long write-ups it said I have to log in again after refreshing so I lost the whole post :@:eyes To summarise: Everton vs Norwich BTTS @ 1.8 Everton haven't kept clean sheet at home this season in 7...Norwich have scored in 6 out of 7 the one that wasn't was Manchester Utd away. Blackburn DNB vs WBA @ 1.75 Home team improving lately without the results to show for it. Samba and Dann have returned to bolster a leaky defence and Yakubu is scoring goals. They haven't a strong home record but they have already played Tottenham, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Everton at home. WBA away record has seen them get maximum pts away to Norwich and Villa (though Villa were down to 9 men (3 subs used and red card) when the score was at 1-1) but don't score enough goals to get a win and probably not a draw here. Fulham -1 beat Bolton @ 2.2 Fulham will see Europa disappointment as a harsh lesson in a game they were cruising. Schwarzer not that big of a blow as replacement is excellent young English goalkeeper (in international squads). Bolton have lost 5 away and 4 out of their 5 away have been by more than one goal. Defence is poor and up front they play like strangers despite the sporadic flare from Eagles on the wing. Chelsea at least 3 goals to score vs Wigan @ 2.2 Wigan are naive vs big teams and do not change tactics to suit opposition. Martinez has already confirmed as much in interviews that they cannot sit back http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2075140/Roberto-Martinez-risk-Wigan-thrashed-Chelsea.html and http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/16122011/63/martinez-ready-attack.html Attractive play may work against weaker teams but it will leave plenty of space for Chelsea's good attackers. 6 out of 15 times they have let their opposition score at least 3 and I fancy another thumping this weekend. Betfair good luck all :hope

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 17-18 December Meireles to score first v Wigan (each-way): 14/1 with Bet365 Wigan are a poor team and winning their last 2 games doesn't alter that, and it certainly doesn't mean they have a chance of getting anything against Chelsea. Chelsea should win by 3 or 4 goals IMO and with Meireles scoring in the last game I'm guessing he'll go on a bit of a run like he did for Liverpool roughly this time last year. Going for the each way as Sturridge, Drogba, Lampard could just as easily score 1st so going for a bit of cover. I'll also have a nibble of Bolton at 5/1 with Bluesq for reasons mentioned above by other Bolton backers i.e. Bolton's preparation time, low confidence in Fulham after stupidly chucking away 2 goal lead the other night against a sh!t team, Bolton's away record against teams in the bottom half is won 2, lost 2. Bolton are no great shakes but they've had a lot of tricky games (9 matches against teams in the top half of the table) and I don't think bottom of the league will be their final position so hoping they start to progress upwards tomorrow.

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 17-18 December Spurs(to bt Sunderland) x Chelsea(to bt Wigan) Double @ 1.96 (Paddy Power:6pts) Going for a London double this weekend. O'Neill's Sunderland got off to a wonderful start with an amazing last-gasp win at home to Blackburn but I struggle to see any fairytale results at Spurs. I still think they look fairly blunt going forward, Wickham is still a rookie at this level, relatively unpolished(Bendtner is the same, only he's not a rookie, just average...;)), there are some workmanlike players in the middle and the occasional bit of quality from Larsson and Sessegnon. I really dont see enough in the team to hurt Spurs, Defensively I think they will have loads of problems containing Bale, Adebayor, Van Der Vaart and co, I'm really not sure why Bruce bought the likes of Brown. Spurs should have too much class for me, at worst I see a defensive display from Sunderland delaying the inevitable. Spurs win, would have taken Spurs -1 aswell but the price isn't great. Fully expect Chelsea to go to Wigan and get a win in the late kick-off. Wigan are a really poor side this season IMO, full credit for getting a couple of massive away wins at Sunderland and West Brom recently, they are the games where Wigan need to get results, they usually look completely out of their depth against top sides though. We won at the DW 4-0 a few weeks back and didnt even play that well, they rarely threatened and the heads dropped once we went in front. Defensively I think Wigan have some really poor players like Gohouri, and while there is some threat from Moses, I think Chelsea can shut their attack down. The Blues have picked up a bit of form beating Toon and City recently, Drogba back in the side helps while Mata continues to impress along with Sturridge. Chelsea to come away with 3 points for me. Blackburn vs West Brom OVER 2.5 goals @ 1.75 (Bet365:4pts) This looks like a massive game on paper for both, with Blackburn second from bottom and West Brom have now hit a poor run of form and need points badly. Blackburn usually have a goal in them despite struggling all season, 21 goals in 14 shows that, and with Yakubu on form, aswell as support from people like Hoilett(might be out I hear, not sure), Rochina, I'd expect them to breach West Brom at home in search of a big win for them. Problem is they havent kept a clean sheet since April last season, West Brom are one of the lowest scorers in the division but I think they can get sme joy out of Blackburns defence and nick one at least, B'burn have some issues at full-back with plenty of injuries and with Long and Odemwingie in attack, I do think WBA have a goal in them. Overs for me. Wolves 0 AH vs Stoke @ 1.820 (Pinnacle:4pts) Seems like a few people here are favouring Stoke in this one, but I have to disagree on that one. I simply do not rate Stoke on the road and do not think they'll win at Molineux. However I dont trust Wolves fully to get the win, so the 0 AH which covers me if it's a draw seems a good option. Wolves have picked up at home recently with big results against Sunderland and Wigan, they get beaten on the road regularly but it's results at home that can keep them up. Fletcher has hit a bit of form and poses a threat up there with Doyle, I also think the Wolves midfield is pretty decent with Hunt, Jarvis, O'Hara and Henry in there, think they can more than match Stoke in those areas. Have to mention Stoke's recent upturn in form aswell when they looked to be sliding a few weeks ago, they've won 3 on the spin now which is great in the PL, including beating Spurs somehow, and Everton away 1-0. However I still cannot trust Stoke away from home, they just seem far less intimidating and more easily got at, it's like their tactics don't really translate into away games. They, like Wolves, rely on home points for the most part, their record away this season reads (2wins, 1 draw, 4 losses) with only 4 goals scored and 15 conceded. I think this will be a really tough, dogged affair, maybe not high-scoring IMO, but if I had to side with one side to get a win it would be the home side, so Wolves with a stake refund on a draw is good enough for me to take. GL!......:hope Not getting involved on the City/Arsenal match, can't see anything I like there and really, I can see anything from a pasting for us to a great narrow win on the road. Really hard game to call. However I do think we are slightly overpriced tbh, don't think City are a few classes above us or anything, the important edge I can see in general is that they have more goalscorers in the side = big thing over a full season, may not be in a one-off game. Saying that, I wouldnt be rushing to back us on a + handicap, I've underestimated City twice this season vs United and Newcastle and got stung so not gonna do it here. There will be no surprises on our side with the selection. -------------------- Szczesny - Djourou - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Vermaelen --------------------- Song --------------- Arteta - Ramsey -- Walcott -------------------------- Gervinho -------------------- Van Persie People have talked about our full-back problems, but really I believe Vermaelen will be a better option for a game like this than Santos/ The Brazilian provided an outlet in attack but was all over the shop defensively, positionally suspect, and was slow with poor stamina. Vermaelen will not attack, he's a pure defender and I think can cope with whatever City throw at him down that flank, Richards and someone else. Koscielny has also been magnificent in the last few months, dealt with City's attackers(Dzeko and Aguero) superbly in the Carling Cup match even though we were stung on the counter. The worry for me is Djourou at right back, can be hit and miss at times, and also Mertesacker in the middle, depending on who City play. He seems a bit suspect under pressure to me, and he'll be under plenty of it on Sunday. Midfield I'm not concerned, think we can match City in that area. And we have pace on the flanks which will be needed, Richards will be a tough opponent for Gervinho, but Walcott against out of position Zabaleta could be an outlet for us. young Chamberlain gave him a tough time in the Carling Cup recently. Of course City will be focussing big attention on Van Persie, he#s on the run of a lifetime so will be interesting to see what type of service he gets or if he drops deeper to evade his markers. Come on you Gooners! No bet for me though.

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 17-18 December blackburn v west brom blackburn will be under pressure to get three points as they play at home and will have to attack but roy hodgson is better manager and the counter attacking will suit west brom to the ground. both teams to score - odds 1.57, b365 west brom/draw - odds 13, b365 correct score 2-2 odds 11, b365 shane to score anytime odds 2.60, b365 everton v norwich everton have a dire squad and will need some significant january signings to be able to compete until the end of the season. they tend to play very defensive football and will be strong at home. i expect a battling everton but cracks will begin to show as the game goes on. impressive thing about norwich is when they play away and better teams still create chances. because of that i think they can get a point draw odds 3.75, b365 correct score 1-1 odds 7, b365 newcastle v swansea newcastle will be much improved having now had some of the tough games and will improvise their successfully defensive style which made them unbeatable at the start of the season. swansea wastes too many good opportunities and they won’t have many here d ba to score anytime odds 1.95, b365 correct score 2-0 odds 8.5, b365 under 2.5 odds 1.95, b365 wolves v stoke wolves are much weaker team then stoke but they give any team good physical test but will not be better then stoke in that department. these teams may actually cancel each other out because when wolves are not good at creating chances they are good at closing the game in midfield and that’s what i expect. stoke may have better of the chances draw odds 3.25, b365 correct score 1- 1 odds 6, b365 under 2.5 odds 1.80, b365 wigan v chelsea wigan has got some good results and will have some confidence in the squad going into this game. i am impressed the way they moved the ball in those wins but they still got turned over by arsenal recently and few other teams. there is improvement in the squad so i can see them scoring. chelsea will take confidence in beating man city and get win here sturridge to score anytime odds 1.95, b365 correct score 1-4 odds 19, b365 over 3 odds 2.50, b365 qpr v man utd man utd have only premier league to focus on now and that should increase their goal scoring count. no need to doubt man utd here. it’s only a question of how many goals, because qpr plays quite adventurous football it should be open match both to score odds 1.90, b365 rooney to score anytime odds 1.83, b365 correct score 1-3 odds 12, b365 over 3 odds 3, b365 aston villa v liverpool aston villa plays very defensively closed game but liverpool is better team away and they pass the ball much faster. i think the quality of suarez superb form will tip this match in liverpool favour suarez to score first odds 5.50, b365 correct score 0-2 odds 8, b365 totenham v sunderland it’s still too early for sunderland to go on winning streak yet as this will be difficult game for them. tottenham have too much creativity in modric and adebayor seems to have found consistency. martin o’neil may hope for a draw if he chooses to match tottenhams attacking pace but there can be only one winner. i expect them to play 4 5 1 and that will keep tottenham at bay until they score and close the match asian handicap -1 odds 1.50, b365 correct score 2-0 odds 7, b365 man city v arsenal i don’t think man city will change the way they play in this match so attacking game is in sight. both teams are attacking minded but i feel man city will have the edge as it blindly obvious they have more ability and creativity then arsenal. only person who could score for arsenal effectively is van persie but man city have players able to shut him out dzeko anytime goalscorer odds 2.10, b365 correct score 2-1 odds 8, b365

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 17-18 December Wigan V Chelsea Chelsea are finally showing a bit of confidence in their play and regardless of how their win against City was helped by the sending off of Clichy it will now doubt strength their resolve even further. Chelsea are coming off the back of 3 good PL wins and I expect them to win here in the same vein as Arsenal did 0-4 only 2 weeks ago. Wigan are relegation fodder for sure. In 15 games they have only played 4 of the top 8 teams in the PL this season making their 12 point return so far seem all the poorer. Since losing 8 in a row they have won away at Sunderland and at West Brom. However Sunderland gifted them the game and they have been given a penalty in both games. The 0-4 defeat to Arsenal is the best recent measuring stick of where they are in relation to teams competing for top 4 spots. For that reason I am backing Chelsea to win this well and hopefully put the game beyond Wigan quickly. Selections: Chelsea (-1) 1st Half H/Cap 10 @ 4.33 Paddy Power Chelsea (-1) H/Cap 30 @ 2.00 Paddy Power Chelsea (-2) H/Cap 10 @ 3.60 Paddy Power:hope

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 17-18 December Sport Football (England - Prem) Event Wigan - Chelsea Selection Chelsea -1.5 (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 17/12/2011 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.05 Reasoning Chelsea is in fantastic form, 3-0 against Wolves, Valencia and Newcastle in a row and in last round beat leader of the table Manchester City. Players feel very confident. Wigan at home is terrible, only one in this season, in last match at home lost 0:4 against Arsenal. In previous season Chelsea won here 6-0.. Chelsea with hc is nice bet

Sport Football (England - Prem)
Event Newcastle vs. Swansea
Selection Over 2.5
Strength 10/10
Date 17/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.85
Reasoning From 17:00 on Direct Sports Arena in Newcastle, hosts receive the visit of Swansea. Newcastle ranks 7th in that moment with a total of 26 points accumulated in 15 matches played. The home has 4 wins, 2 draws and 1 defeat, goal difference 10:8. Last matches played home defeat to Chelsea was 0:1. In the previous round they lost to Norwich with the score 4:2, the game that Dan Gosling received red card and will not play at this round. Until these two defeats, Newcastle lost only one game, away to Manchester City. So Newcastle have won a single point in the last 4 matches played, I think it's time for another victory. Even if you return in defense Coloccini, Steven Taylor and Cheikh Tiote will not be in this game. Swansea is ranked on 11 at the moment with 17 points including 15 obtained at home. In away games have failed than two draws in seven trips, the team with the worst road away. Even if scored six goals were not enough because received 18. Probable LineUps : Newcastle 4-4-2 : Krul - Simpson, Perch, Coloccini, Santon - Obertan, Cabaye, R Taylor, Gutierrez - Ba, Ameobi Swansea 4-3-3 : Vorm - Richards, Williams, Caulker, Taylor - Britton, Gower, Allen - Sinclair, Dyer, Graham

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 17-18 December Chelsea -3AH , 6.10 bet365 , 5units I know this bet looks optimistic but there is a reasoning behind this bet and I think it is the bet of the week concerning English leagues at least . Wigan lost by 3+ against most of the top 4 teams last season and this season . Chelsea won 6:0 last season , Wigan also lost to Man Utd 4:0 and this season they lost against Arsenal 4:0 and there is no doubt Chelseas is much better than Arsenal this season . I do not know why they lose by 4+ against top teams because if you watched those games they created some chances but just could not score . I am willing to risk this one and very confident Chelseas will score at least 4 goals after they won against Man Utd and Valencia and they look like an improved side from 3 - 4 weeks ago . Some injuries on both sides but that is not relevant for this game.

Sport Football (England - Prem)
Event Wigan vs. Chelsea
Selection Chelsea -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 17/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.05
Reasoning Wigan meets Chelsea at this stage, a difficult game for the hosts given the form through which Abramovich band. He managed the last round to beat Manchester City at Stamford Bridge with 2:1 and close 7 points for citizens. Wigan currently ranked 18 in with 12 points obtained from 45 possible, have 3 wins, 3 draws and 9 defeats, 14:29 goal average. In seven matches played at home have got only 1 win and 2 draws, 4 defeats suffered, goal average 8:15. On the opposite, Chelsea are favorites to win this match, have 4 wins, 1 draw and 2 defeats in seven trips, goal difference 12:6. In the last 4 games of movement achieved 3 wins and suffered only one defeat. Last season Chelsea won 6:0 in the game was played at Wigan. Probable LineUps : Wigan 4-3-3 : Al-Habsi - Stam, Caldwell, Alcaraz, Figueroa - Diame, McCarthy, Jones - Moses, Sammon, Gomez Chelsea 4-3-3 : Cech - Ivanovic, Luiz, Terry, Cole - Ramires, Romeu, Lampard - Sturridge, Drogba, Mata

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 17-18 December Everton vs Norwich Going to go against a few here. It might be with christmas coming up but I'm feeling rather optimistic and I'm actually going for an Everton win tomorrow. However, I will be once again waiting for a little more teams news! Everton are expected to welcome back Rodwell, Drenthe and Osman for the visit of Norwich. Now that Barkley has signed a new contract we might start seeing some more of him aswell. If one or two of these players are passed fit and start the the game we will see a different Everton to the one of the last few weeks. The side will have a lot more shape about it and will allow players to play in their correct positions. Two significant changes will be the injection of pace on the wings and a more balanced central midfield with Fellaini playing in his natural holding position allowing Rodwell to push forward. Everton are where we are this season because we have struggled to score and struggled to keep clean sheets. I was actually suprised that considering we have only kept two clean sheets this season(against struggling Bolton and Blackburn, where we conceeded 2 penalties) we have only conceed 18 goals, having played all of the so called top teams. I reckon there are three worse sides in the league this season than Norwich and can see them staying up. They have come into the league and not been afraid of anyone. This mentality has seen them do very well at home but has also seen them conceed a lot recently on the road. They have regular goalscorers in Holt and Morrison. I can't see a player of Morrison's calibre causing us any problems tomorrow but I think Holt's height may be a danger. Jagielka and Heitinga aren't the tallest of defenders so Fellaini is going to have to mark him on set pieces. All-in-all I think this is a game Everton will dominate from start to finish, hopefully without any cock-ups. I can see us having too much for them in midfield and getting a lot of joy down the flanks through Drenthe, Coleman and Baines. I really can't see Norwich causing us many problems. For this reason I'm going to take an Everton win on the handicap and Louis Saha to get back to scoring ways. I have a feeling Cahill might pitch in with one but I'm not too confident. Everton -1 @ 17/10 with PaddyPower Saha anytime @ 7/5 with Unibet Saha to score 2 or more @ 7/1 with Skybet

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 17-18 December Another bet tomorrow I'm going to have is in the Wigan vs Chelsea game. With the amount of games Chelsea have been playing and with Spurs coming up I can see them resting Didier Drogba for Fernando Torres. Drogba has been looking increasingly tired in matches and I think it's about time Torres got a run out. I'm still a massive fan of Torres and in a game I think Chelsea will largely dominate, I can see him grabbing a couple. Obviously I will be waiting to see if he does get the nod ahead of Drogba but if he does then Torres to score 2 or more goals @ 8/1 with Bluesq is a bet I will be having small stakes on.

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 17-18 December Man City vs. Arsenal Just weighing in with my 2cents worth. I quite like reading statistics although by no means do I think they guarantee an outcome, you can't legislate for some things! I completely agree with those above who're all plumping for a bet on goals rather than the outcome and for me personally, aside from gut instinct, it's partially based on the following: 1) Man City have won 7 from 7 at home, scoring 24 and conceding a meagre 4 goals. Respectively, that's 3.43 & 0.57 goals p/match. Meanwhile, Arsenal have won 3, drawn 1 and lost 3 on the road, scoring 17 and conceding 18. That's 2.43 and 2.57 goals p/match. 2) 13 of City's 15 matches have gone +2.5 goals and Arsenal come in at 10 matches with +2.5 goals. 3) City have scored 49 goals in total which averages out to 3.23 goals per match. In addition they avergae 8 shots on target per match which gives a conversion rate of 40.4%. That's almost a goal every other shot on target. Arsenal meanwhile have scored 31 goals @ an average of 2.06 p/game. With 8.93 shots on target their conversion rate is a much lower 23.1%. Huge difference there in success. 4) Finally, City have only conceded 15 goals all season, only 4 of those at home. Arsenal have conceded 23 goals, 18 of those have been in away matches meaning they concede 2.57 goals p/away match. In addition, 12 teams have conceded less goals than Arsenal. They currently have conceded the same number of goals as West Brom. So I think I'll more than likely be taking the +2.5 goals but I was toying with the idea of even having a cheeky look at +3.5. What do you think?

Man.City - Arsenal On Monday against Chelsea we saw that Man.City struggle when it comes to playing against stronger teams and I don’t expect them to have an easy game against Arsenal. Moreover, they have some important players missing in defense, namely Gael Clichy, Aleksandar Kolarov and Micah Richards is doubtful and even if he plays I am not sure he will be at 100%. Arsenal are in good form and apart from their long term absentees have a strong squad. Arsenal played really well against in the Carling Cup without most of their key players and I believe that with in form Van Persie and other key players they will be able to get something from this game. Arsenal +1 @ 2.20 (5 units) William Hill
yes Mustafa this may be true and I wish your bet wins but unfortunately I cannot agree that Man City struggles against stronger teams. Or if we call 6-1 hammering of Man Utd a struggle. What I think though is that we will see goals in this one. Arsenal have been playing very well of late, and it is their character to play to win. Regardless of the opposition, and that tactics saw them loose 8-2 at United and win 5-3 at the bridge. We all know the Man City home record. What would a normal side do? Come to the Etihad and defend. But Arsenal won't. And considering City's lethal attack, I cannot see this going under. over 3.5 @2.5 over 4.5 @4.5 over 5 my bookie does not offer this one

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 17-18 December Newcastle V Swansea When the prices were originally put up for this one I thought Newcastle were a tad short at 4/6 and wouldn't have bothered with the risk. Now they've drifted to 4/5 has got me interested though and I'v looked a bit deeper into the game. The reason for the drifting is all down to Newcastle's injury problems. However I believe that their not as bad as some people think they are. Sure Taylor is a loss but with Coloccini back to calm the centre of the defense I think were worth a punt. I doubt going forward will be a problem with our main attacking threats all back now from suspension/injury (Jonas G, Cabaye, Obertan, Ba and Ameobi/Ben Arfa) so Im hoping gettin a goal or two will be enough. Whether we can keep Swansea out though is 50/50 as were always liable to have one howler a game, but then again Krul has been magnificent and as long as Colo is playing Im confident we can beat a Swansea side that have left Blackburn and Norwich with nothing recently. I predict a scoreline of 2-0 or 3-1 so my bets are - (All Paddy Power) Newcastle win @ 4/5 8/10 Newcastle HT/FT @ 9/5 5/10 Newcastle -1 @ 11/5 3/10

Hi guys, first day posting on here, here's my views on the weekends games ;) All odds posted will be courtesy of bet365. Blackburn vs West Brom - Blackburn really need to start picking up points and currently sit in 19th place, losing five of their seven games at home. West Brom are in 15th but are always capable of giving teams a good game andI think they're better than their league positions says. I fancy West Brom to pile more pressure on Steve Kean and Blackburn, in a tight game. My recommended tips are West Brom @ 3.00 and a correct score of Blackburn 0-1 West Brom @ 11.00 I expect many goals here...something like 2-2. But thats just me and I've been wrong before. :\

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 17-18 December Man City - Arsenal Despite Arsenal looking good in last few weeks i still strongly believe Man City will have upper hand in this game. I know that City misses both important full backs, but they do have adeaquate replacements for them. The place where City should win the game is attack as they have wealth of options there, while Wenger objectively can relly on Persie. Odds bad, but i believe City should take this, even more considering their record against top teams this season Man City -0.75 @ 1.92

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 17-18 December Wigan - Chelsea Odds on Chelsea are fair but I think they are a little bit short. I initially wanted to focus on goals market and most probably Chelsea on a handicap, but taking into account that the Blues as well as all Premier League teams will play 5 games in the next 2 weeks I think that some key players will be rested in some of these games. Chelsea have an away game against Tottenham next week so they will be happy with a narrow win here. I have decided to focus on cards market in this game. Wigan had on average 2.5 yellow cards in their 7 home games this season. Against stronger teams they had 3 yellow and 1 red against Tottenham and 3 yellow against Arsenal. Chelsea had an average of 2.8 yellow cards in their 7 away games. In 6 out of these 7 games they had at least 2 yellow cards. Referee for this game is Martin Atkinson. Last week in Norwich - Newcastle game and a couple of weeks in Liverpool - Man.City game he showed 5 yellow and 1 red car. Since Chelsea is doing really well in attack the only way I can see Wigan stopping them is by committing plenty fouls. Over 45 Booking Points @ 2.10 (3 units) William Hill

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 17-18 December Blackburn @ 2.45 pinnacle Both teams are in poor form and desperate to get something from this game. Blackburn have just one win in their last 5 games but that was at home where Yakubu got 4 goals as they got a big 4-2 win over Swansea. Prior to that they were competitive in the 1-0 loss to Chelsea, so their home form has been improving. Hoilett up front and Given in defence are doubtful but with Samba's recent return, their defence looks somewhat better while Yakubu has been in a very good run of form. West Brom are also struggling and without a clean sheet in their last 7 EPL games, their defence has been all over the place. They have really struggled on the road, as they needed a 81st minute equaliser against QPR to get a point, lost 3-0 at Arsenal, though they beat Aston Villa 2-1, they were down 1-0 and only a poor refereeing decision to send Herd off allowed them to use their advantage to come back and win the game 2-1. Swayed by Blackburn slightly better form coming into this game with Yakubu finding the net and like them to edge this Norwich +0.5 @ 2.35 bet365 Everton have lost 7 of their last 10 games as they have lost their last 2 games, losing 1-0 to Arsenal and Stoke, as their inability to find a regular goalscorer has hurt them. Norwich on the other hand, have been scoring goals, as they have 4 wins and 2 draws in their last 10 games, and have won 2 of their last 3 games, with at least two goals scored in 6 of these games, and only once they have not scored in these 10 games. Like them to get something out of this game and though they away form has seem them gain just one win on the road, apart from the 5-1 loss at Man City, they led at Aston Villa before losing 3-2 and drew 1-1 at Liverpool, so there is some form around their away games. Though their defence is not that good, the ability to score goals has kept them in most of these games, and like them to do well here Fulham - Bolton under 2.5 @ 2.07 pinnacle Not much value on Fulham here as thyey go into this game without Schwarzer in goal while Zamora up front is doubtful. They were somewhat fortunate to beat Liverpool at home two weeks ago, and then lost 2-0 at Swansea. They have gone under in their last 4 games, as their defence is pretty good while scoring goals consistently has been an issue. Bolton on the other hand have ben leaking goals, and Coyle has warned his players that they are playing for their contracts and futures at the club. Knight and Cahill are decent defenders and Jaaskelainan is a very good keeper on his day. These two teams have drawn 3 of their last 4 meetings but hard to see Bolton getting anything out of this game on current form, but each of these draws have gone under, and though Bolton have been conceding goals, they are not up against a formidable attacking line up, nor are they scoring regularly. Though Fulham may edge this, doubt that they will score many, while Bolton will be looking to tighten up their defence and try not to concede for as long as possible. Newcastle - Swansea under 2.5 @ 1.99 pinnacle Newcastle's promising start has gone off the boil as they have lost 3 and drawn 1 of their last 4 games, and allowed 11 goals in these games. If Colonccini and Williamson return to the defence for this game then like them to be hard to score against, as their keeper Krul has been outstanding for them this year. Though Swansea have scored twice in their last 2 games, that was against a very leaky Blackburn defence and a Fulham side that has not done all that well on the road. They had not scored in their previous 3 games, and going to the north east will be pretty tough for them. Defensively, Swansea have been very good this year with 7 clean sheets, with 3 of these in their last 5 games. Vorm in goals for them has also been outstanding, and they can take some comfort from drawing 0-0 at Liverpool and losing just 1-0 at Arsenal. Though they away form is not as good as their home form, like them to still be competitive here, as besides Ba, no one else for Newcastle has shown much form in scoring goals. If they keep Ba under wraps, then they may get something out of this game, but like the under much more here Wolves - Stoke over 2.5 @ 2.03 pinnacle Looks like this may be a high scoring game given both teams recent from. Wolves have scored in 8 of their last 10 games, and at least two goals in each of their last 4 home games, but they have allowed at least two goals in 8 of their 10 games, as it is no wonder that they have just 2 wins in their last 10 games. But these two wins were in their last home game, and they have gone over which all went home For Stoke, it does read even better as they have as they have won their last 3 games which includes a good 1-0 win at Everton. However they too have been scoring goals, as well as conceding them, as they have gone over in 6 of their last 7 games. Last 3 of their 4 meetings have gone over, and given their scoring of late, like them to score again here Chelsea -1 (EH) @ 2.00 centrebet Chelsea are in very good form having beaten Man City 2-1, and then beating Newcastle 3-0 on the road and Wolves 3-0 at home. Like them to win this game comfortably, as they have done well against Wigan recently, not conceding in their last 3 games against them, and recording massive 6-0 and 8-0 wins over them. Wigan have won at Sunderland and West Brom in their last two road games but at home, they have struggled as they lost 4-0 to Arsenal, drew 3-3 with Blackburn, lost 2-0 to Fulham and lost 3-1 to Bolton. Hard to see them staying within reach of Chelsea in this game as they do not have the class to match them Season record: 61-81 (+9.45)

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 17-18 December Necastle - Swansea Not the easiest of fixtures for Newcastle who will want to bounce back from the last games, where they failed to keep the results from begining of the season, but they did played top teams, Swansea surely not one of them. Both teams with great keepers but I still believe that with Collocini predicted back in lineup and Ba in great form, Toon should take all three points today. Swansea poor in away fixtures and contrast on Newcastle who are secure at their own gorund, loosing only to Chelsea, when Boas was under pressure and win was a neccesity. Newcastle -0.5 @ 1.86 sbo

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 17-18 December Blackburn v WBA Pick: Blackburn DNB 1.66 with bet365" rel="external nofollow">bet365 I am quite amazed to see Blackburn sit at the bottom of the table when looking at their squad. They have a team that can easily avoid relegation, and I do think that this game is a must win for them in order not to lose any more ground with the first team above the relegation zone. I won't place too much price on the current statistics cos it won't back my prediction but instead I will go with what I've said above. WBA aren't the worst team in the league but they do not score too much, and if they will want to get anything out of this game they will sure need to score a couple of them cos I await a persistent Blackburn team that will want to score some goals so they can secure their victory in this game.

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 17-18 December Wigan v Chelsea Pick: HT/FT Chelsea-Chelsea @ 1.83 with bet365" rel="external nofollow">bet365 With Chelsea's odd constantly falling it's not at all tempting to play them for 1.36 even if that pick would be an assuring one, I for once not thinking that anything can happen that will make Chelsea lose the chance to win another 3 points. Indeed, Chelsea sits 7 points behind the league leader Man City, 7 points that I can't see them recovering any time during this season, especially in the EPL where the league leaders are the ones that will surely won't lose so many points on the road with their followers making a perfect run. Anyway, Chelsea has a chance of securing their 3rd position with Spurs also playing a not such an easy game, but a game that they can win it through hard work, and Arsenal, which I can't see winning at City. So, I predict Chelsea to open the score early against a Wigan defense which conceded an average of 2 goals/game, and eventually hold it till the end.

Re: England > Weekend > Barclays Premier League > 17-18 December Wolves vs Stoke There has been Over 10.5 corners in all 7 out of 7 of Wolves home games as well as in 5 out of 7 of Stoke's away games. Odds are hardly pretty, but a 100% trend for one side is worth backing for me. 8pts Over 10.5 Corners @ 1.67 VC Wigan vs Chelsea Definite value in this price I feel. Chelsea have won their last 3 games in the EPL, at home 2-1 vs City and 3-0 vs Wolves and away to Newcastle 0-3. Also add to the fact that they won their crucial Champions League game 3-0 vs Valencia, I feel that Chelsea are on a good run and should wipe the floors with this Wigan side who has been shipping goals like no tomorrow. Wigan in the past have conceded 4 goals vs Arsenal, 3 vs Bolton and 3 vs Blacburn at home. Got to fancy Chelsea to win by a clear two goals in this fixture. 7pts Chelsea (-1.5 AH) @ 2.07 Bet365 Newcastle vs Swansea There have been Over 2.5 Goals in 5 out of 7 of Newcastle's home games as well as in 5 out of 7 of Swansea's away games. With a 71% success rate for both sides' respective home and away games, I reckon that is high enough of a probability for me to back it. 6pts Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.90 Bet365 Blackburn vs West Brom There have been Over 2.5 Goals in 5 out of 7 of Blackburn's home games and in 5 out of 7 of West Brom's away games this season. I fancy seeing a lot of goals in this fixture. 6pts Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.73 Bet365 Man City vs Arsenal There have been Over 2.5 Goals in 6 out of 7 of Man City's home games and in 6 out of 7 of Arsenal's away games this season. Given the amount of attacking threat each team possesses, I expect fully to see a lot of goals in this exciting fixture. 6pts Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.73 StanJames Aston Villa vs Liverpool 4 out of 5 of the last matches between these two teams at Villa Park has ended with Under 2.5 Goals. Add to the fact that both these teams are averaging about 2 goals in their respective home and away games, I got to side with the Under 2.5 Goals in this fixture. 6pts Under 2.5 Goals @ 1.73 Coral QPR vs Man Utd To be perfectly honest, I wanted to pick the under 2.5 goals for this fixture, but given the recent sign of revival from Man Utd (i.e. in their last game) I will give that a pass and instead tackle the first goal time. This bet would have paid out in 6 out of 7 of Man Utd's away games as well as in 4 out of 7 of QPR's home games. With a decent chance of coming in and the recent 'revival' of United, I am happy to be backing this. 5pts Time of First Goal - Up to and Including 30th Minute @ 1.75 William Hill