Tennis - 7-13 November

Re: Tennis - 7-13 November Shocking performance by Llodra, I had him done as a single & in a treble for the day. 5 set points to take the 1st set and he blew them all and then got thumped in the 2nd despite a bit of a comeback.:wall For a player who is usually so good on volleying, some of his net shots were terrible. I had backed him at 1.9 but he had come in to around 1.67 before the match started but it's back to the drawing board!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 7-13 November

Shocking performance by Llodra, I had him done as a single & in a treble for the day. 5 set points to take the 1st set and he blew them all and then got thumped in the 2nd despite a bit of a comeback.:wall For a player who is usually so good on volleying, some of his net shots were terrible. I had backed him at 1.9 but he had come in to around 1.67 before the match started but it's back to the drawing board!
Llodra's focus is now on doubles, ever since he qualified for the O2 a few weeks back. I suspect the singles are the last thing on his mind. The slower courts won't have helped his cause either. Even still, he'll slip down the rankings, considering he made the semis here last year.

Sport Tennis Event Roddick - Benneteau Selection Over 22.5 Strength 10/10 Date 08/11/2011 Bookmaker/Price Unibet @ 1.87 Reasoning Over is the best choice. Two really experience players on the one court, two very good servers - not only strong first serves, but nice second serves, two guys who making always more aces than double faults. Both are stable on the serve. Roddick leading in h2h and have better record on this surface. Benneteau play at home and have good year on this surface. 23 games is not hard line to beat. :hope
dont know what benneateu was doing in his last services game was acting like an alcholic simple mistakes esp after he broke roddick and was leading 4-3 and serving to make it 5-3 thought this line was a defo but what a let down

John Isner to beat Stanislas Wawrinka @ 11/8 BET 365 Strength (7/10) I just have a sneaky suspicion Stan Wawrinka's season ended last week in Basel with his defeat to Roger Federer. Two years ago he had a similarly intense match in Switzerland against Djokovic, lost, and went to Paris and inexplicably lost in straights to David Guez. I can see a similar situation here, especially against big serving John Isner who is usually also one to fade at this point in the season (see Llodra match in Paris last year), however he's had some time off and hopefully he will be the fresher man tomorrow, which might make the difference if he can sneak the first set. He got his arm in last week against Popsisil and although he lost, his serve was working well and that's what will get him over the line here against a jaded Stan. The court is playing slower than last year but his serve will still be effective (Valencia was slow last week), and he should get more time to hammer home some groundies. He's also beaten Stan on clay so he can spar with him from the baseline. :hope
Well Stan turned up, but Jean Isner did the bizzo!

Re: Tennis - 7-13 November One early for Wednesday. Expect this line to go down. Tipsarevic -4 vs Bogomolov Jr. 2.05 @ Pinnacle (7/10) Bogomolov doesn't want to be here, the bizarre thing is that he even admitted it openly in his first match against Bellucci which he never should have won. Tipsarevic has an outside shot at making London, so that will be his motivation for this match. He crushed Bogomolov couple weeks ago in St. Petersburg 6-2, 6-1 and I'd be shocked if he did not get another easy win.

One early for Wednesday. Expect this line to go down. Tipsarevic -4 vs Bogomolov Jr. 2.05 @ Pinnacle (7/10) Bogomolov doesn't want to be here, the bizarre thing is that he even admitted it openly in his first match against Bellucci which he never should have won. Tipsarevic has an outside shot at making London, so that will be his motivation for this match. He crushed Bogomolov couple weeks ago in St. Petersburg 6-2, 6-1 and I'd be shocked if he did not get another easy win.
Already down to 1.90.

Re: Tennis - 7-13 November Tipsarevic vs Bogomolov Tipsarevic is one of the best players in last period winning in Moskow and being finalist in St. petersburg. Bogomolov wanted to lose the match yesterday. In the end he won, but I think his motivation is very low tomorrow. Tipsarevic must win the tournament and will fight for every point. He won in 2 sets this year against Alex and I think will do it again. 2-0 for Tipsarevic @ 2.00 with Ladbrokers

Re: Tennis - 7-13 November Almagro vs Seppi Almagro is motivated for this tournament and he will fight hard for every point. Is one of the first 20 players of the world. Seppi was very lucky with Davydenko and won just because Davydenko wasn't interested in winning the match. I watched the match and normally Davydenko should have won easily. Expect a win for Almagro as he has a much better service and because has a good game play. Almagro to win @ 2.34 with Pinnacle Sports

Re: Tennis - 7-13 November Simon > Monaco. 1.74 @ Pinnacle (6/10) Monaco definitely is more tired than Simon and at this stage of the season this is crucial. This will be seventh match in two weeks for Monaco having played five matches in Valencia last week. Simon has not been in great form lately but playing at home should bring the best out of him, I guess. Should be a typical clay court match on a slow surface with Simon favouring long rallies which is the last thing Monaco needs right now. They have played on any other surface than clay just once with Simon coming out on top in three sets in Lyon in 2008. If this one goes to three sets, it has to be in Simon's bag for the reasons mentioned above. Retirement also is a posibility for Monaco. We saw Granollers quit yesterday and I would not be suprised to see Monaco go as well. Kohlschreiber -3 vs Dolgopolov. 2.00 @ Pinnacle (4/10) I think Dolgopolov badly needs a break and he's not hiding that. No form for ages now and losing to Sela 2 and 2 tells the story. Nowhere near the form he had at the start of the season when he reached 1/4finals in Aussie Open. Kohlschreiber nothing sensational about him but decent enough performances in 3 matches he's played in Paris this term. Should be good to knock out disinterested Dog. Kohly beat him 6-3, 7-6 in Halle in summer. Did not face a single break point in that match. Obviously it was on much faster surface but still. Counting on Dolgo not showing up like he has done in his last 4 matches. The odds would be other way round few months ago. So bookies aren't stupid, I guess. :hope

Going back to my points system. Plenty of people offering good reasons to stick with it. On a more important note, three bets today ... - Adrian Mannarino +6 games AH (v Roger Federer in Paris) @ 1.862 with Pinnacle 5pts Not convinced that Federer will come out here and smash Mannarino. He's just coming off a good win in Basel and the courts are a lot slower here. It'll take a bit of time for him too adjust. Mannarino plays better on a slower surface and took to conditions pretty well in easily beating Tursunov. He said yesterday that he's looking forward to taking on Federer and that the court would suit him. Federer beat him at Wimbledon 6-2 6-3 6-2 this summer but grass is where the Swiss is most comfortable. Always a slight risk on a plus against Federer but he's not pillaging opponents as he used to. Think he has a wee shout here and could keep it close. Was expecting a lower line so clear value for me. - Philipp Kohlschreiber -2.5 games (v Alexandr Dolgopolov in Paris) @ 2.01 with Pinnacle 4pts Always wary of backing Kohli since his form totally nosedived, but I'll play him tentatively in Paris. Dolgo is in worse shape. Can't tell if he's just unmotivated or if there's something more sinister but his form recently has been dreadful. Slower conditions ought to suit his game but that means nothing when you're playing like a total pillock. Kohl beat him in Halle in straights earlier this year and judging by Dolgo's recent R1 defeats, I reckon he's worth going against. Wouldn't let the odds drop too far though. - Nicolas Almagro +2 games AH (v Andreas Seppi in Paris) @ 2.05 with Pinnacle 3pts Nico has to win Paris to stand any chance of London. Almost certainly won't happen but that fact should make him competitive against Seppi. No doubt the Italian is playing well but slow surface suits Almagro an awful lot more. H2H shows a win for Seppi but that was on grass, a total car-crash surface for Nico. Would have odds the other way round so genuinely astonished the line is as it is. However, could be an unknown reason why, so will play it safe and take the line with a reduced stake.

Re: Tennis - 7-13 November Kohlschreiber vs Dologopolov We must thank to the bookies for such a good offer on this match and let's invest on it with confidence. One side we have a good tennis player, Kohlschreiber, very in form, on the other side we have Dolgopolov which seems to be out of form. Kohlschreiber has already 3 matches played here, of course, 3 wins and has a good morale. Even if he will not win, I see Kohlschreiber able to cover the AH I impose on him. Kohlschreiber -2.5 games AH @ 2.01 with PinnacleSports

Re: Tennis - 7-13 November Tipsarevic (vs Bogomolov) x Monfils (vs Lopez) @ 1.865 Pinnacle Too lazy to think about spreads and totals, I stick with the old good accumulator. Tipsa should win as written above several times. As for Monfils vs Lopez, I trust the Frenchman on Big Court at the Evening Session in Paris, which always worked in past two days.

Re: Tennis - 7-13 November John Isner vs Igor Kunitsin Isner is formidable as serving, but Igor doesn't serve well. I expect a win for Isner. He is good on returns also and I expect them to make a break. For both players this will be primary objective - earning own service. Depsite the fact that in 16 of the last 30 matches played bu Isner, first set went above 10 games, I will go for an average number of games in the first set! 9-10 games in the first set @ 2.02 with bwin

Re: Tennis - 7-13 November Adrian Mannarino vs Roger Federer In last 30 matches of Federer only 5 have ended with under 9 games in first set. Manarino also has a good percentage in the favor of my bet except the fact that he managed to get only 2 games in the first set last time they met. I think that Roger will not demolish his opponent quick, will have some work to do here, and I expect Manarino to cover my tip here. 9-10 games in the first set @ 2.15 with bwin

Re: Tennis - 7-13 November One more for me to make it 4 for 2day Lopez +3.5 vs Monfils. 1.87 @ Pinnacle (5/10) To start with, this is against Monfils rather than backing Lopez. Can't stand him but he has the game that can be problematic for Monfils. Lopez all about serve and occasional serve & volley. Out of these two he has the best serve and on paper it will be harder to break him than Monfils. The Frenchman has been in the final in this one for the past two years beating some quality players during that spell but very few wins have come easy. Lopez managed to pick him up on a very slow surface in Johannesburg earlier this year. Monfils dropped the 2nd set 6-1. Don't think he will afford to play so badly at home, yet it remains to be seen how he'll deal with Lopez's style. Monfils will be brokend few times, it's a normal thing. It's all about taking chances for Lopez. 3.5 games is better offer than it was few hrs ago, so playing this one without any doubts.

Re: Tennis - 7-13 November Will add the reasoning when I'm back from uni as I'm late already but just so everyone can jump on the prices if they like. Gilles Simon (-2.5 games) to beat Juan Monaco- Evens Ladbrokes- (3/10) You can probably get better offers in terms of handicaps and prices if you look around but took this earlier and still don't see why Simon is only a slight favourite here really. Fair enough if you look at recent form purely, it suggests that Monaco is coming into this in better shape, given his final appearance in Valencia last week, but that could work against him this week, and especially against a guy like Simon, who will enjoy the longer rallies and really work Monaco, not something he will be looking forward to given his busy schedule over the past week or so. Simon has home advantage here, and the courts should suit him as they are slow and he is far more in his comfort zone during the rallies than Monaco is. The Frenchman has won the last 3 between these guys, covering this handicap in the most recent 2, and I'll back him to overcome the handicap here. Mayer to beat Fish- Evens Ladbrokes- (2.5/10) Taken this with a one ball bookie especially as I'm not sure what condition Mardy is going to be in after retiring after just one game against James Blake a couple of weeks ago in Basel. It was a hamstring problem, so there aren't any guarantees he'll be completely over that, which could well affect his movement on these courts. Know he will be heavily motivated to qualify for London at the end of the year, and he has to play to stand a chance of making the finals, but that is by no means saying he is 100% and ready to go, and Mayer with his unorthodox style may cause him a fair few problems. Even if both players were at their best, I'm still unconvinced at how much of a heavy favourite I'd make the American, given Mayer copes better with the slower conditions. He's already played Basel where he won a couple of matches in these indoor courts, so he'll have had more court time than Mardy, and really do fancy him to provide an 'upset' here. Odds are good enough for me to take him as the dog.

Simon (-2.5 games) to beat Monaco- Evens Ladbrokes- (3/10)
Simon ML slowly rises towards 1.800 at Pinny, in the moment it crosses it I am going to buy it. Simon was in bad shape after Bangkok, but Bercy suits him, and he should be able to drive tired Monaco to death by his 30-40 shots long points on this slower surface. edit: Pinny reached 1.794 and started to drop again, so I took whatever I was able to get ATM: Simon to bt Monaco @1.781 Pinnacle In addition to what has already been said, I just cannot see Monaco winning vs Simon in Paris-Bercy, more so after long and physically demanding week in Valencia. He had back problems there and requested medical timeout couple of times. Until last sunday, Monaco never reached final outside clay, and in five cases he played the very next week: 2009 after Bastad he played Hamburg and made it to R3, but this was thanks to R2 retirement of his opponent, 2008 after Buenos Aires he played Acapulco and retired in R1, 2008 after Poertschah he played French Open and easily lost in R1 to Soderling, the same in 2007, but made it to round four (!) at French Open, and in 2007 after Buenos Aires he played Acapulco and lost in R1. GL Allez Gilles!

Huoooooooooooooooo! Kohlschreiber is personna non grata for me in tennis from now on!
But Dolgopolov is totally unpredictable, my friend :-) He can beat Tsonga in Grand Slam and lose to Sela 2-6 2-6 in a 250 event in Russia as well as to win a 250 event in Croatia. It is hard to understand his motivations, so it is better to cap him in later tournament rounds instead of risking money in his first tournament appearance.

Event Fish M. - Mayer F.
Selection Mayer F.
Strength 10/10
Date 09/11/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 2.05
Reasoning Mardy and Mayer played up till now three matches and Mardy leads by 2:1 last match was in Wimbledon when Mayer defeated Fish in 4 sets and i think that he has a good chance to win again.He pulled out major victories against good players and he looks good on the court definetly better than Fish who is recently struggling alot he has problems with injury in downtrend.I think that Mayer can use all of this and win this match.

Event Kuznetsov A. - Levine J.
Selection Levine J.
Strength 10/10
Date 09/11/2011
Bookmaker/Price Unibet @ 1.60
Reasoning Knoxville CHALLENGER (USA) In 1. round Jesse will meet Alex Kuznetsov.They played three matches so far and Jesse leads by 2-1.In my opinion he is here in better condition and form cimparing to Kuznetsov.He has 15/5 on indoors prooving very good performance,in last two tournaments he has two finals and here is definetly chasing for it.He looks good on the court and he provide some fantastic victories over good players.On the other side Kuznetsov is a solid player better now Levine just looks better.

Event Monaco J. -Simon G.
Selection Simon G.
Strength 10/10
Date 09/11/2011
Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 1.75
Reasoning In second round of Paris Masters Simon Gilles will meet Juan Monaco.In head to head Simon leads by 4-2.He is coming here with a slippy form with three defeats in a row but nevertheless hes a guy from France and i believe that he will give all his best to pull out a victory here.This bet is a bit risky because Monaco is coming here in a good form,he was now in finals in Valencia and he is in progress but still i believe that Gill with his fast movement can provide a major resistance here and in the end win this match.

Tipsarevic (vs Bogomolov) x Monfils (vs Lopez) @ 1.865 Pinnacle LOSS
:eyes Clownfils at his best. He turned into an errors machine and had no chance whatsoever. One wonders how on earth he made it without qualies here :-) My lame grandmother would have beaten him today.

Re: Tennis - 7-13 November The first one for Thursday Tipsarevic > Berdych. 1.83 @ Pinnacle (4/10) Berdo is almost there as far as London goes. Can't see him missing out. Tipsarevic can have a say in that but don't think Janko will win this week. He should win today, though. Berdych very sluggish lately and has only beaten Tipsarevic two times in Challengers. Tipsa is perfect 4-0 (including 2-0 indoors) on main tour and Davis Cup. He has been a bit more solid lately and has beaten Berdych twice past summer. I reckon the Serbian will have bigger interest in this one.

Re: Tennis - 7-13 November 2/4 for Wednesday. Winners: Tipsa -4, Lopez +3.5 Losers: Kohlschreiber -3 & Simon. Neither of those two did show up. If Kohly is braindead then Simon was huge disappointment. The very first game showed that he is not there mentally.