** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Tennis - 7-13 November

The big event this week is in Paris, where we have the final ATP 1000 series and the last even before the Tour Finals. It's played indoors on an acryclic surface set on wood. This event can be quite a dangerous event for the punter if not researched correctly in past experiences, often a few shocks kicking around. Let's hope we're all on the right side of them :ok Good luck :hope

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 7-13 November Plenty of matches on tomorrow, but only one that warrants serious attention from me, unless, of course, the odds throw up something in the matches involving qualifiers. - Alex Bogomolov Jnr -3 games AH (v Thomaz Bellucci in Paris) @ 1.99 with Pinnacle class C bet At the start of the year, you probably wouldn't have caught anyone backing Bogomolov Jnr against Bellucci. For me though, the American - or indeed, wannabe Russian - is definitely worth a bet in this match-up. Bogomolov Jnr has had a spectacularly consistent year. He's not won any events, but he's made R2s and R3s pretty much in every event, and is looking a more steady player than he was when he was younger. As a result, he's ranked 33 in the world and has two things to fight for. The first is a seeding at the Australian Open next year, the second a place in the Russian Davis Cup team - he reckons some good showings in this event will persuade them to pick him next year, which would mean a change in nationality. That, however, is by the by. He beat Bellucci earlier this year, albeit in three sets, but back then, the Brazilian was a little more competitive than he is right now. Since Bellucci lost an epic Davis Cup rubber 14-12 in the final set to Mikhail Youzhny, he's not won a match, last week crashing out to Jarkko Nieminen in Basel at the first hurdle. I suspect he's a man who probably wants this year to end. Both men are handy enough indoors but Bogomolov Jnr probably prefers these conditions more. Bellucci recently has struggled in such an arena, and is more au fait with the clay than the quicker surface in Bercy. I feel the American has more to play for in Paris. He also comes in better form, and has beaten his opponent before (I must stress, he didn't cover this line). That, though, is just a moot point in my eyes. He's hitting the ball well and I can see Bellucci collapsing if he falls behind. I had this line at -3.5 at 1.85, so I'd take this current offer right down to 1.80 and also look for the -3.5 until it hits my watershed.

Re: Tennis - 7-13 November Sport Tennis Event Muller - Anderson Selection Over 22.5 Strength 10/10 Date 07/11/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.90 Reasoning Three sets for me in this game. Anderson played two times against Muller, one time Anderson won in three sets, one time - in this year Muller won 7-6, 7-6. I waitin for third over in a row. Both players are huge servers with poor return skills. I image many aces and easy hold serves today.

Re: Tennis - 7-13 November Phillip Kohlschreiber to beat Mikhail Youzhny @ 11/10 BET 365 Strength (6/10) Just can't ignore the head to head here. The German has a 6-1 H2H advantage over Youzhny and even that sole victory for the Russian was a retirement. What's more, Youzhny seems to have hit a trough this year after enjoying a good year in 2010, and does not appear to be in the sort of shape, mentally at least, to reverse the trend against a player he obviously has problems against. Aside from his usual long run in the Russian indoor tourneys, he's toiled, and only last week lost in Basle to qualifier Michael Lammer. Kolschrieber has been in solid if unspectacular form, has come through qualifying relatively comfortably, and if he can just maintain his level he should continue his run here. :hope

Sorry chaps, I have indeed been chopping and changing a wee bit. Decided now to only post bets that merit some serious cash, rather than write up smaller ones too. Class C is at the low end of the scale, with B and A being the higher. Think of it as drugs. The higher the class, the harder the stake is! Hope this clears things up :ok

Re: Tennis - 7-13 November 3 for me on Monday. Have couple that have already been mentioned above. Kohlschreiber > Youzhny. 1.92 @ Pinnacle (5/10) Neither in good enough form to expect something for this week. Youzhny is more pathetic player than Kohly and I think he will have less interest in this one. He dropped his last match to Lammer who is ranked below 300 and that is just one of the Russians hall of shame matches of 2011. He has been really terrible this year. Kohly played couple matches in qualies and despite serve not clicking being out there for two matches and winning them both would be a good sign that the German is up for this one. Counting on Youzhny to check out here as he has done in so many matches this year. Kohlschreiber has got awesome record against him having won 6 matches, the only defeat was a retirement. Bogomolov Jr. -2.5 vs Bellucci. 1.80 @ Bwin (6/10) Another match where motivation should play big part. Bellucci generally in horrible form, has beaten only poor Andreev and even worse player Golubev in his last 10 matches. Not much to show for a form. Bogomolov in his best season and has only lost to some really good players recently. Not a fan of his game but Bellucci is here for a beating. Simple as that. Bogomolov beat Bellucci on outdoor hard courts in LA earlier this year 1-6, 6-4, 6-1. Unless there is a repeat of the firs set, he should be good to cover handicaps today. Davydenko -2 vs Seppi. 1.98 @ Pinnacle (4/10) With Seppi it's hard to understand which one of his versions will show up. He lost to clay courter Ramos in Paris last year and generally can't play Davydenko for obvious match-up problems. This match is Davydenko's to lose. He can throw it away of course, like he does from time to time but I believe this is one of the few places he feels comfortable. He won this event in 2006 and made semies on one other occassion. Seppi has won just one match against the Russian and that was billion years ago in 2004 in Halle on grass. Davydenko can't play on grass. Basically too good odds to miss here. Of course, might regret it later but simply has to go for this one.

Re: Tennis - 7-13 November

Sport Tennis
Event Florian Mayer - Radek Stepanek
Selection 1
Strength 10/10
Date 07/11/2011
Bookmaker/Price Centrebet @ 2.10
Reasoning Today in the first round of the Paris Masters the young german Florian Mayer will take on the now veteran czech Radek Stepanek. Mayer is now ranked 22nd in the world having a positive season, with a title on clay and another final played and 2 semifinals and another 3 quarterfinals on hard (not challengers). Las ttime he was in Basel where he was out in the quarters by the hand of Wawrinka in straight sets. Stepanek, still holding it, 26th in the world with a title at Washington this season and another semifinal earlier at Brisbane. He is coming also from Basel where he lost to Roddick in three sets in the round of 16. This will be their 4th official meeting with Mayer leading so far 2-1 after the first two, the last two played just this season with both winning once in straight sets. This time I`m going to bet on the one with the better form, and that`s Mayer who is comign after two good tournamets Shanghai (quartefinals) and Basel (quarterfinals), while Stepanek stopped in the 2nd round at his last 3 tournaments he played. As we`ve seen in the past when the german`s service game is working as he would like not even the experience of Stepanek could stop him. I will take him for the win today just like their previous encouter which was in the same conditions (hard/indoors).

EventBellucci T. - Bogomolov A. Jr
Selection-2.5 Bogomolov A. Jr (Asian-handicap)
Strength10/10
Date07/11/2011
Bookmaker/PriceBwin @ 1.80
ReasoningParis - Masters 2011 (France) first round Thomas Bellucci meats Bogomolov.Well Belucci is in catastrofic form he has 7/11 on hard courts and zero victories in indoors in last 10 matches he has only two victories over Golubev and Andreev in rest of the matches that he played he showd really poor performance.On the other side Bogomolov is a huge favourite here he is in form and he looks good on the court he is just playing the best season.Concidering all of this i think that Bogomolov can cover this handy.

EventDonskoy E. - Bubka S.
SelectionBubka S.
Strength10/10
Date07/11/2011
Bookmaker/PriceWilliam Hill @ 1.70
ReasoningThese two young players will meets for the first time in Geneva and i think that Bubka has that to win this match.First of all Donskoy is more of a clay player and comparing to Sergei i will say that Sergei has a lot more experience especially if we concider performance on indoors and hard courts.He has 20/14 on hard and 7/6 on indoors i should say more matches in his legs and more victories than Evgeny.In last match against Cilic Bubka did well and he proved his fighting spirit.He looks better on the court my tip is on Bubka.

Sport Tennis
Event Thomaz Bellucci - Alex Bogomolov Jr.
Selection Thomaz Bellucci
Strength 3/10
Date 07/11/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.75
Reasoning In my opinion Thomaz Bellucci can defeat Alex Bogomolov Jr.. Alex Bogomolov Jr. is a good player but he is not very dangerous on this surface. Thomaz Bellucci's service is better than Alex's serve. Bellucci is left-handed, I think it will be problem for Bogomolov Jr. Alex Bogomolov Jr. leads 1-0 in head-to-head series. What is important they have played in this year and Bogomolov won but had problems. Thomaz won first set very easy 6-1! Alex is in good shape, he is playing nice tennis this year so I'm sure that it will be difficult match for both players. Perhpaps this is not Bellucci's favourite surface but for me he has a chance to win.

How stupid is Bogomolov admitting to ATP Supervisor that he is not interested in playing (basically that is match fixing) and asking will he be fined for that? :rollin
Any chance that Bellucci just played better? LOL :D edit: That is - better than YOU expected?

Any chance that Bellucci just played better? LOL :D edit: That is - better than YOU expected?
No, they both have been terrible since the very first point. Tons of unforced errors and it's totally bizarre match to watch. Bogomolov said after the first set that he doesn't want to continue but was encouraged to play on. He had to continue and even play serious ball game as Mr. Barnes is sitting court-side since the start of the 2nd set. So hilarious :lol

Plenty of matches on tomorrow, but only one that warrants serious attention from me, unless, of course, the odds throw up something in the matches involving qualifiers. - Alex Bogomolov Jnr -3 games AH (v Thomaz Bellucci in Paris) @ 1.99 with Pinnacle class C bet At the start of the year, you probably wouldn't have caught anyone backing Bogomolov Jnr against Bellucci. For me though, the American - or indeed, wannabe Russian - is definitely worth a bet in this match-up. Bogomolov Jnr has had a spectacularly consistent year. He's not won any events, but he's made R2s and R3s pretty much in every event, and is looking a more steady player than he was when he was younger. As a result, he's ranked 33 in the world and has two things to fight for. The first is a seeding at the Australian Open next year, the second a place in the Russian Davis Cup team - he reckons some good showings in this event will persuade them to pick him next year, which would mean a change in nationality. That, however, is by the by. He beat Bellucci earlier this year, albeit in three sets, but back then, the Brazilian was a little more competitive than he is right now. Since Bellucci lost an epic Davis Cup rubber 14-12 in the final set to Mikhail Youzhny, he's not won a match, last week crashing out to Jarkko Nieminen in Basel at the first hurdle. I suspect he's a man who probably wants this year to end. Both men are handy enough indoors but Bogomolov Jnr probably prefers these conditions more. Bellucci recently has struggled in such an arena, and is more au fait with the clay than the quicker surface in Bercy. I feel the American has more to play for in Paris. He also comes in better form, and has beaten his opponent before (I must stress, he didn't cover this line). That, though, is just a moot point in my eyes. He's hitting the ball well and I can see Bellucci collapsing if he falls behind. I had this line at -3.5 at 1.85, so I'd take this current offer right down to 1.80 and also look for the -3.5 until it hits my watershed.
Bogomolov d. Bellucci 4-6 7-6 6-2 In the end, I get a push, which I would have taken in the second set breaker. Watched the whole match - thought Bogomolov was too passive and let Bellucci get into a rhythm. Once he upped his game, pretty much after that bizarre request to pull out, he forced error after error from the Brazilian. I predicted Bellucci would melt once he went behind, and he did ... just a little too late for my line to glean a win. No damage done, and we move on to tomorrow.

Re: Tennis - 7-13 November a disgrace that Bogo - Bellucci match. And I agree with Psyco, Bogomolov needed to be babysitted through out. Clearly earned him the "Jr." behind his name... :eyes well, anyway. looking forward to a good battle between Mahut and Ferrero! :clap

Re: Tennis - 7-13 November Sport Tennis Event Roddick - Benneteau Selection Over 22.5 Strength 10/10 Date 08/11/2011 Bookmaker/Price Unibet @ 1.87 Reasoning Over is the best choice. Two really experience players on the one court, two very good servers - not only strong first serves, but nice second serves, two guys who making always more aces than double faults. Both are stable on the serve. Roddick leading in h2h and have better record on this surface. Benneteau play at home and have good year on this surface. 23 games is not hard line to beat. :hope

Re: Tennis - 7-13 November Sport Tennis Event Wawrinka - Isner Selection Over 22.5 Strength 10/10 Date 08/11/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.80 Reasoning Isner have one of the best serve in ATP tour - many free points always for him. Yesterday Raonic broken number 20 aces in match, Isner can repeat this result. I watches in previous weekend Wawrinka in Basel tournament and too serving really good. Sets in this match can end in tiebreaks or 5-7/7-5. 23 games is not big number to beat, so my bet is over :hope

Re: Tennis - 7-13 November John Isner to beat Stanislas Wawrinka @ 11/8 BET 365 Strength (7/10) I just have a sneaky suspicion Stan Wawrinka's season ended last week in Basel with his defeat to Roger Federer. Two years ago he had a similarly intense match in Switzerland against Djokovic, lost, and went to Paris and inexplicably lost in straights to David Guez. I can see a similar situation here, especially against big serving John Isner who is usually also one to fade at this point in the season (see Llodra match in Paris last year), however he's had some time off and hopefully he will be the fresher man tomorrow, which might make the difference if he can sneak the first set. He got his arm in last week against Popsisil and although he lost, his serve was working well and that's what will get him over the line here against a jaded Stan. The court is playing slower than last year but his serve will still be effective (Valencia was slow last week), and he should get more time to hammer home some groundies. He's also beaten Stan on clay so he can spar with him from the baseline. :hope

Re: Tennis - 7-13 November Thomas Berdych vs Fernando Verdasco Berdych is looking to win this tournament. He won in Beijing and won 6-1, 6-0 with Verdasco there. The fact that Verdasco won against Cilic is not at all a fact which says he can beat Berdych. Berdych is much better than Cilic on every aspects. To me it says a lot the fact that Verdaco got just one game to Berdych last time. So I say Verdasco has some sort of complex against Tomas. I expect a quick match from Berdych side! Verdasco under 10.5 games in the match @ 1.95 with bwin

Re: Tennis - 7-13 November Nishikori vs Stakhovsky Nishikori and Stakhovsky have met before still in Paris, in May, but the Ukrainean won 3-1. Now the details are much different and I expect a straight win from Nishikori. First, he has a great percentage on In hard surfaces this year, 10 matches in whcih he won and 3 in which he lost. The Ukrainean Stakhovsky won 3 and lost 4. Nishikori eliminated Djokovic and that must have boosted his morale, while the Ukrainean lost to many weaker players, all the games in In hard surface tournaments: Bachinger 0-2, Berrer 0-2, Youzhny 0-2 (not a weak player, of course), Lascko 0-2. Expect a quick win from Nishikori! Nishikori 2-0 @ 2.38 with StanJames

Re: Tennis - 7-13 November Hi guys, 2 new picks: ATP PARIS TIPSAREVIC TO DEFEAT BOGOMOLOV @ 1.36 on ladbrokes ATP CHALLENGER GENEVA OLIVETTI-LAJOVIC OVER 20.5 GAMES @ 1.8 on bet365 Tipsarevic is chasing a spot in ATP Tour Finals in London and he is in great form. He is a better baseliner than Bogomolov, he has a good return of serve also and defeated Bogomolov by 6:2 6:1 just two weeks ago in St. Petersburg. Geneva Challenger: Olivetti is a young French player with huge serve, I saw him play and he looks like Karlovic or Isner. He hits some 20 aces every match and should be able to get to the tie-break in at least one of the sets which almost assures an over 20.5

Event Zeballos H. - Hajek J.
Selection Hajek J.
Strength 10/10
Date 08/11/2011
Bookmaker/Price Unibet @ 1.75
Reasoning Well my pick is on Hajak because first of all Zeballos is more of a clay player.This seasson he played only 6 matches on hard court with a negative score and has zero matches on indoors and concidering his performance i can say that Horacio is struggling alot.On the other side Hajek is showing good performance in last 10 matches he defeated some good players such as Querrey Falla Granollers P. he also has 1:0 i head to head against Horacio and the was on caly.Hajek for me looks better.Hajek to win this.

Event Andreev I.- Darcis S.
Selection Darcis S.
Strength 10/10
Date 08/11/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.66
Reasoning Geneva challenger 1. round (indoors) Steve Darcis will meet Igor Andreev.Darcis looks good a could say so mutch better than Andreev he has 9/4 on indoors and 12/6 on hard,he has i good serve and good movement and recently he proved that pulling out major victories against good players.He already defeated Andreev which is a good thing.Andreev looks poor on the court and i think that his head is not on the level.Darcis is motivated hes playing well and he can do it.