maximize.gif Cardiff City v Crystal Palace (15:00 GMT) 1.95 3.75 4.33 100.96 %
maximize.gif Coventry City v Southampton (15:00 GMT) 4.5 3.6 1.94 101.55 %
maximize.gif Hull City v West Ham (15:00 GMT) 2.88 3.4 2.66 101.73 %
maximize.gif Ipswich Town v Doncaster Rovers (15:00 GMT) 1.74 3.8 5.5 101.97 %
maximize.gif Peterborough United v Derby County (15:00 GMT) 2.1 4 3.75 99.29 %
maximize.gif Portsmouth v Nottingham Forest (15:00 GMT) 2.42 3.45 3.35 100.16 %
maximize.gif Middlesbrough v Watford (17:20 GMT) 1.67 3.8 6 102.86 %
Sunday 6 November 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Brighton & Hove Albion v Barnsley (15:00 GMT) 1.86 3.6 4.8 102.10 %
maximize.gif Leicester City v Leeds United (15:00 GMT) 2.1 3.75 3.85 100.26 %
maximize.gif Reading v Birmingham City (15:00 GMT) 2.4 3.35 3.3 101.82 %

Re: England > Npower Football League Championship > 5th - 6th November Unusually for me, I quite fancy betting on a couple of draws this round of fixtures. Firstly, the Hull Vs West Ham game. West Ham have struggled a little of late to break teams down (Bristol City last night, Southampton a week ago), and Hull are a team who don't concede many goals. I think West Ham will find this a tough game, but equally Hull don't score enough goals for me to consider backing them in this fixture. So I'd say a 0-0 or 1-1 draw looks the most likely result in this game. Secondly- Pompey-Forest. With Cotterrill returning so soon after leaving, I expect the Portsmouth players to be highly motivated for this game as many have been vocal in their discontent about Cotterill's time in charge. Odds around 2.4 for Portsmouth looked quite tempting initially, but then I realised Forest actually have a half decent away record (3 away wins already, which is better than Southampton/Leeds/Leicester etc) which put me off slightly. There's only 1 league position and 1 point between the two teams so I guess on paper they are quite evenly matched, hence my prediction for a draw in this one. Be interested in your views Jase from the pompey perspective before I commit to this one.

Re: England > Npower Football League Championship > 5th - 6th November I share your thoughts. I'd think quite a few would like to get one over Steve Cotterill... we might even have a new manager installed by then too :hope Unders would be my call again, with a tight loss either way, or a draw. Wouldn't mind backing the 0-0 myself as I can see the game descending into a real battle between two sides that should be organised fairly well, and highly motivated / determined to get the three points.

Re: England > Npower Football League Championship > 5th - 6th November I agree it doesn't look like being too many goals, so unders could be a play. I'd me more tempted to go under 1.5 goals at 3.4 (Will Hill) to cover the 1-0 either way as the under 2.5 goals is only at around 1.8. Might cover the 1-1 as well just for a bit of extra insurance.

Re: England > Npower Football League Championship > 5th - 6th November

Not just any manager either. Steve Coppell :eek.
Sean O'Ole Gunnar Coppell to be precise. I hope Sir Steve comes to his senses and stays away, possibly to have a quiet and dignified retirement in polaris world. He said he would never manage again after spending a few days at Bristol City which should be no suprise to anyone.

Unusually for me, I quite fancy betting on a couple of draws this round of fixtures. Firstly, the Hull Vs West Ham game. West Ham have struggled a little of late to break teams down (Bristol City last night, Southampton a week ago), and Hull are a team who don't concede many goals. I think West Ham will find this a tough game, but equally Hull don't score enough goals for me to consider backing them in this fixture. So I'd say a 0-0 or 1-1 draw looks the most likely result in this game. Secondly- Pompey-Forest. With Cotterrill returning so soon after leaving, I expect the Portsmouth players to be highly motivated for this game as many have been vocal in their discontent about Cotterill's time in charge. Odds around 2.4 for Portsmouth looked quite tempting initially, but then I realised Forest actually have a half decent away record (3 away wins already, which is better than Southampton/Leeds/Leicester etc) which put me off slightly. There's only 1 league position and 1 point between the two teams so I guess on paper they are quite evenly matched, hence my prediction for a draw in this one. Be interested in your views Jase from the pompey perspective before I commit to this one.
Just to add that Pompey have only drawn once at home this season and Forest haven't drawn an away game yet. It's only the law of averages theory but I think it adds yet more weight to your view and like you said they are next to each other in the table so on paper it looks good. The Hull V West Ham game is slightly more sketchy in my view but again if you like the law of averages, Hull have not drawn a game at home yet this season so there could be a slightly increased chance of a draw there. My one other suggestion for a draw would be Cardiff V Palace, the teams are 5th and 4th respectively and Palace are yet to draw away from home this season. I bet on a couple of draws in Serie B midweek with similar theory behind them and they both failed :@. A little stat to throw into the mix: the current draw ratio in the English Championship is 27%. I quite like the two picks you mentioned but I'm gonna have to summon up some courage to go back into the X zone so soon.

Re: England > Npower Football League Championship > 5th - 6th November ^^I'm not too bothered about the law of averages, I just think the bookies rate West Ham too highly and Hull are being a little underrated. The price on the draw is appealing for what I consider to be two fairly evenly matched teams. West Ham on paper have the better players but Hull have the home advantage and a strong home record, and West Ham have proved that they cannot always break a team down. I see Hull keeping it very tight and trying to nick a goal from a set piece. I agree with your shout on Cardiff and Palace, especially with 3.75 (Victor Chandler) still being available for the draw which is quite a generous price in my view. Might be tempted to have a go at this one as well:ok

^^I'm not too bothered about the law of averages, I just think the bookies rate West Ham too highly and Hull are being a little underrated. The price on the draw is appealing for what I consider to be two fairly evenly matched teams. West Ham on paper have the better players but Hull have the home advantage and a strong home record, and West Ham have proved that they cannot always break a team down. I see Hull keeping it very tight and trying to nick a goal from a set piece. I agree with your shout on Cardiff and Palace, especially with 3.75 (Victor Chandler) still being available for the draw which is quite a generous price in my view. Might be tempted to have a go at this one as well:ok
Yeh I'm considering sticking a unit each on the 3 draws mentioned, I think if I do any business this weekend it'll be in the Championship.

Re: England > Npower Football League Championship > 5th - 6th November Derby County win +260 Too big of a price for Peterborough to being laying against a Derby side that is higher in the standings. Posh have lost their last 3 and haven't been playing that well since around September. Derby County's form at the moment is nothing to write home about, but I find this price rather absurd, and I am going to have to take a chance on Derby for the win. Leeds - Leicester O2.5 -125 Rachubka is out and McCarthy is in. Rachubka was so bad, he has single handedly dropped points for Leeds. I don't know much about McCarthy but I am quite sure he can't be that good. Leeds weak defense will be further weakend by losses of Lees and most likely O'Dea, which means Bromby-Kisnorbo-Connolly-White will be the back for Leeds and I am not particular high on Kisnorbo and Bromby. The offense on the otherhand has struggled finishing the last couple games, but I am sure that will be righted, because Leeds has some quality midfielders and players up top, that can create and score goals. Leeds is too inconsistent for me to wager on them right now, but I do think they still can create and score goals and they will find their chances vs Leicester. Leicester has gone over 4 of their last 6, Every Leeds road game has gone over with the exception at Birmingham. Good Luck :beer

Re: England > Npower Football League Championship > 5th - 6th November Cardiff V Crystal Palace I don't think my preview is going to help with this horribly difficult game to predict. The two sides sit 5th and 4th respectively but form wise Cardiff have a little momentum while Palace are starting to tire slightly after a fantastic start. Looks like Kenny Miller will be in the Cardiff team for tommorow and for me he is a vital player for them. Gestede is out but Mackay will hope keeper Marshall can return. Central midfielder Jedinak should return for Palace after missing the Portsmouth game due to becoming a father. I expect we will see Scannell return to the starting lineup as he had to make do with a sub appearence V Pompey. Palace have not conceeded a goal in 6 matches (all competitions) but I get the feeling this will change tommorow. I always believe we have at least a goal in us and Cardiff's defence isn't exactly awe inspiring. So again I think BTS is a good choice tommorow despite the odds being quite short. 1X2 is a horror show to the maximum degree, I can't see Palace winning, a very tough test for us, the only play of value is a draw. A Cardiff win is very marginally the most likely outcome IMO but their odds are not quite good enough. Probable Palace lineup: Speroni, Clyne, McCarthy, Gardner, Moxey, Zaha, Wright, Jedinak, Parr, Murray, Scannell If I had to bet on this game: Both to score @ 8/11 (Betfair) Feeling saucy: Draw @ 11/4 (Betfair)

Re: England > Npower Football League Championship > 5th - 6th November Southampton -1 2/1 William hill. Millwall managed to beat Coventry 3-0 at the rico, saints play a much better passing game then Millwall and I can't see Coventry coping. saints haven't scored more than 1 away from home in the last couple of away games (I think) but I think their fire-power will shine. 2-1 represents massive value to me.

Re: England > Npower Football League Championship > 5th - 6th November Blackpool V Millwall Blackpool -0.25 @ 10/11 (Pinnacle) 2.5 Units Blackpool may have had some fortune with the 5-0 victory at Elland Road thanks to some Leeds bungling but I think they can use the result as a catalyst to improve their form. A development in competition for places will help Blackpool's cause no end and I like the potential midfield pairing of Barry Ferguson and Jonjo Shelvey. We may see Shelvey in a more forward role for Blackpool but either way he is a great asset to have. Lomana Lua Lua bagged a couple in the Leeds game and he will add another dimension to Blackpool's forward line, helping to take the strain off Kevin Phillips and the currently injured Gary Taylor-Fletcher. Holloway will also be happy to recall the in-form Matt Phillips and Billy Clarke from Sheffield Utd to bolster his attacking options further. The form of Millwall is my only concern for this bet with the South Londoners un-beaten in 5, winning the last 3. The return of striker Darius Henderson has been a welcome boost for the wall and his scoring form has coincided with their good run. Despite the recent run of good results Millwall are never usually consistent on the road and I think they will find this game tough against a rejuvenated Blackpool team that has the quality to inflict damage at this level. Bristol City V Burnley Bristol City +0 @ 5/6 (Pinnacle) 3 Units I feel this is as good an opportunity as any for Bristol City to get their first home win of the season against a Burnley side I simply do not rate. Results and surely confidence have improved under the stewardship of new manager Derek McInnes with City beating Barnsley at Oakwell 2-1 and holding West Ham to a goaless draw midweek. Burnley are inconsistent at best, they have injuries to some important players and that probably isn't helping matters. Hopefully City can smell blood and go for the jugular here.

Re: England > Npower Football League Championship > 5th - 6th November Ipswich - Doncaster Ipswich are with match less and with eventual win in that game, could go quite close to the play-off spots. They got positive balance agaisnt Doncaster , having 4-4-2 i n their last 10 meetings. Ipswich lost their last home game from Crystal Palace but they do not have problesm against teams from the lower part in the table , as they managed to win over Pompey, Coventry and Brighton here. I really like Ipswich and I rate the as capable to be factor this season and to fight for play-off spots. Doncaster lost 4 of their last 5 matches and it seems will be quite hard for the team to fight against relegation this season.. They signed El hadji diuf, but he will need time for adapt for sure. Today 2 regular players will miss for Doncaster as John Oster and Gary Woods are out. I expect Ipwsiwch to win the full pack of poitns for the competition will try hendi option @ 2.85

Re: England > Npower Football League Championship > 5th - 6th November Blackpool vs Millwall Home side looked good against Leeds, but often happens that after such a win to have a strange result in the very next round. Millwall have 5 positive results in a row and I do not think they will lose this match. They are coming to get a win here with in form Henderson and Simpson. Not sure of an away win, but I think the Lions can stay undefeated in this match for sure. away +0.5 AH @ 1.76 with Canbet Bristol City vs Burnley Burnley is not anymore the team that were few seasons ago while Bristol is a team that managed a come back under their new manager. The wins over Barnsley and the draw in London, against West Ham are saying that the team is on a good trend. Cannot see other result here than a win for Robins or a draw. home 0 AH @ 1.81 with Pinnacle Sports Hull City vs West Ham United Home side has been powerful at home so far with 4 wins in last 5 games. West Ham has been very tough away, but a defensive team. Despite the 3-2 home win with Leicester they have 1 goal in the other 3 games of the last 4 played. Expect a game of battle with under 2.5 goals in it. under 2.5 goals with 1.80 with >Betfred Ipswich vs Doncaster Home side has been defeated twice in last 2 games and they will want a quick bounce back. Doncaster lost with Boro at home and will want to get something from this game. They have scored in every of the last 4 games and I expect to do it here also. over 2.5 goals @ 1.85 with Pinnacle Sports Coventry vs Southampton Away side forgot to win away from home, but I think they will come here decided to change that. Coventry is in a bad form , with just 2 wins in last 28 games. They are able to make a draw although. I will bet for the Saints and I really think they will finally get a win away! away win @ 1.83 with Blue Square

Re: England > Npower Football League Championship > 5th - 6th November Event Bristol City - Burnley Selection 0 Bristol City (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 05/11/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.75 Reasoning From the bottom Bristol City to face 17th Burnley. Well concidering the stats Bristol is coming into this match from really poor form especially when we concdider their performance on home ground they were unable to beat anybody at home abd temporarry they have 3 defeats in a rowBut .Last two matches are promissing first they defeated Barnsley and drew against West Ham.Burnley has many problems with formation orr should i say with missing players so they will continuou to ratate alot.I believe that Bristol is capable of achiving positive result from this match.

Re: England > Npower Football League Championship > 5th - 6th November West Ham Draw No Bet @ 1.84 (Betfair) Hammers seem to prefer being on the road this term, winning four and only losing once, at Southampton. They've had two good draws at Millwall and Palace. Lots of injury problems, but the team they've put out has more than enough quality to get a result today. Hull were in good form, but lost at Barnsley in their last match. Teams in this league often struggle to react to unbeaten run's coming to an end, and I'm banking on that with the Tigers.

West Ham Draw No Bet @ 1.84 (Betfair) Hammers seem to prefer being on the road this term, winning four and only losing once, at Southampton. They've had two good draws at Millwall and Palace. Lots of injury problems, but the team they've put out has more than enough quality to get a result today. Hull were in good form, but lost at Barnsley in their last match. Teams in this league often struggle to react to unbeaten run's coming to an end, and I'm banking on that with the Tigers.
2-0 :)

Cardiff V Crystal Palace I don't think my preview is going to help with this horribly difficult game to predict. The two sides sit 5th and 4th respectively but form wise Cardiff have a little momentum while Palace are starting to tire slightly after a fantastic start. Looks like Kenny Miller will be in the Cardiff team for tommorow and for me he is a vital player for them. Gestede is out but Mackay will hope keeper Marshall can return. Central midfielder Jedinak should return for Palace after missing the Portsmouth game due to becoming a father. I expect we will see Scannell return to the starting lineup as he had to make do with a sub appearence V Pompey. Palace have not conceeded a goal in 6 matches (all competitions) but I get the feeling this will change tommorow. I always believe we have at least a goal in us and Cardiff's defence isn't exactly awe inspiring. So again I think BTS is a good choice tommorow despite the odds being quite short. 1X2 is a horror show to the maximum degree, I can't see Palace winning, a very tough test for us, the only play of value is a draw. A Cardiff win is very marginally the most likely outcome IMO but their odds are not quite good enough. Probable Palace lineup: Speroni, Clyne, McCarthy, Gardner, Moxey, Zaha, Wright, Jedinak, Parr, Murray, Scannell If I had to bet on this game: Both to score @ 8/11 (Betfair) Feeling saucy: Draw @ 11/4 (Betfair)
FT: Cardiff 2-0 Crystal Palace, neither of my suggestions comming to fruition here in a tough game for Palace. To be fair it was a difficult game to predict. Palace still in the playoffs at present but I suspect we will be looking forward to the international break where we can rest some of our players.

Blackpool V Millwall Blackpool -0.25 @ 10/11 (Pinnacle) 2.5 Units Blackpool may have had some fortune with the 5-0 victory at Elland Road thanks to some Leeds bungling but I think they can use the result as a catalyst to improve their form. A development in competition for places will help Blackpool's cause no end and I like the potential midfield pairing of Barry Ferguson and Jonjo Shelvey. We may see Shelvey in a more forward role for Blackpool but either way he is a great asset to have. Lomana Lua Lua bagged a couple in the Leeds game and he will add another dimension to Blackpool's forward line, helping to take the strain off Kevin Phillips and the currently injured Gary Taylor-Fletcher. Holloway will also be happy to recall the in-form Matt Phillips and Billy Clarke from Sheffield Utd to bolster his attacking options further. The form of Millwall is my only concern for this bet with the South Londoners un-beaten in 5, winning the last 3. The return of striker Darius Henderson has been a welcome boost for the wall and his scoring form has coincided with their good run. Despite the recent run of good results Millwall are never usually consistent on the road and I think they will find this game tough against a rejuvenated Blackpool team that has the quality to inflict damage at this level. Bristol City V Burnley Bristol City +0 @ 5/6 (Pinnacle) 3 Units I feel this is as good an opportunity as any for Bristol City to get their first home win of the season against a Burnley side I simply do not rate. Results and surely confidence have improved under the stewardship of new manager Derek McInnes with City beating Barnsley at Oakwell 2-1 and holding West Ham to a goaless draw midweek. Burnley are inconsistent at best, they have injuries to some important players and that probably isn't helping matters. Hopefully City can smell blood and go for the jugular here.
FT: Blackpool 1-0 Millwall :cigar FT: Bristol City 3-1 Burnely :cigar Normal service has resumed with both my bets winning, some good calls from sportxtipster, Stardu5t and Alexc today so well done guys. We did a good job with this championship coupon.

Blackpool vs Millwall Home side looked good against Leeds, but often happens that after such a win to have a strange result in the very next round. Millwall have 5 positive results in a row and I do not think they will lose this match. They are coming to get a win here with in form Henderson and Simpson. Not sure of an away win, but I think the Lions can stay undefeated in this match for sure. away +0.5 AH @ 1.76 with Canbet Bristol City vs Burnley Burnley is not anymore the team that were few seasons ago while Bristol is a team that managed a come back under their new manager. The wins over Barnsley and the draw in London, against West Ham are saying that the team is on a good trend. Cannot see other result here than a win for Robins or a draw. home 0 AH @ 1.81 with Pinnacle Sports Hull City vs West Ham United Home side has been powerful at home so far with 4 wins in last 5 games. West Ham has been very tough away, but a defensive team. Despite the 3-2 home win with Leicester they have 1 goal in the other 3 games of the last 4 played. Expect a game of battle with under 2.5 goals in it. under 2.5 goals with 1.80 with >Betfred Ipswich vs Doncaster Home side has been defeated twice in last 2 games and they will want a quick bounce back. Doncaster lost with Boro at home and will want to get something from this game. They have scored in every of the last 4 games and I expect to do it here also. over 2.5 goals @ 1.85 with Pinnacle Sports Coventry vs Southampton Away side forgot to win away from home, but I think they will come here decided to change that. Coventry is in a bad form , with just 2 wins in last 28 games. They are able to make a draw although. I will bet for the Saints and I really think they will finally get a win away! away win @ 1.83 with Blue Square
4 ok, 1 not ok! good job! :))

Re: England > Npower Football League Championship > 5th - 6th November Brighton vs Barnsley Home side has already 5 games without a win and I think today will stop this. They are capable of shining in this league and against an opponent that never been a well inspired team away, Barnsley, can get back on winning ways. Barnsley has 2 defeats away and 3 draws. Overall they have 2 wins in 5 games, the rest of 3 matches being defeats. Brighton will miss midfielders Vicente, Reyes, strikers Hoskins and Buckley. There are rumors that Reyes can play and this would be a good thing for the Seagulls. Barnsley will have also some important absentees: strikers Haynes, Noble-Lazarus and also defender Hassell and midfielder Lovre. I cannot imagine another game without win for Brighton and manager Poyet. They were the better side against West Ham, played good against Birmingham and lost nearly to Watford. They can beat Barnsley and I go with full confidence in this one! home win @ 1.83 with Ladbrokes Reading vs BirminghamHome side and Birmingham, always produced tones of goals between them. In last 10 games only 3 were under 2.5 goals. Birmingham, is capable of scoring against anyone, proved that in Europe and in CHampionship. Under their manager showed a different face respect last season when they were a clear under 2.5 goals team. Readsing will try to bounce back from their awfull series of win less games and will try to attack. Expect an opened game with lots of goals. over 2.5 goals @ 2.25 with Canbet Leicester vs Leeds Cannot imagine that a team thrashed 0-5 and with a fitness level determined by a match played in 10 men almost entirely, can come here and get something. Leicester might not have a proper manager, but the coaches they have worked with one of the greatest managers - Ericsson, have enough experience and can get good results. I am talking about Rudkin and Stowell and I think they have a good squad that can beat a Leeds United side that looks to me like a frog without brain. The goalkeeper of Leeds is awfull, they have no defensive play and the inspiration of the midfileders is not going to win the games foreveer. Expect Schmeichel and Beckford to teach a lesson Simon Grayson here. home win for me @ 1.91 with Coral

The goalkeeper of Leeds is awfull, home win for me @ 1.91 with Coral
Just for the record, Leeds will have a new on-loan keeper between the sticks for today's game. I agree with a lot of what you say though (and I'm a Leeds fan!). Definitely can't see Leeds winning.

EventBrighton - Barnsley
SelectionBrighton
Strength10/10
Date06/11/2011
Bookmaker/PriceWilliam Hill @ 1.80
ReasoningIn last 10 matches Brighton has zero victories unable to beat annybody really desperate form,last victory was on 10/09/11 against Bristol City.They need points and this is a must for them.On the other side Barnsley is coming from the victory against Hull but they are playing really unpredictable fotball.Well both teams have problems with absence and formations.My thoughts is that Brighton can do it.