** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD 30Th Of October

Carlisle 15:15 Kellystown Lad E/W (26,00) Bet365 Its been 218 days since last race, for this experience gelding. Its his first race at this level, and i admit, its a long shot. Kellystown Lad previousley won two times over this distance and both of them was whit a soft/heavy going. The course will good to soft, so a bit of rain, would improve his chances for another good preformence. Some of the others, have previous won at this grade, but everyone except one, lack current race experince too. Kellystown Lad´s recent form. 2-1-6-6-P

Re: BBOTD 30Th Of October Do i sit in 16th place and hope nobody from behind comes up and nabs me? NEVER.... :p Mister Marker - Carlisle 2:40 Loves Carlisle, has won at the track 2 times alreadyand is not badly handicapped. Won over the trip of 3m at Newcastle before so the trip is not a problem. The ground should be tacky and will like that also. Have always liked this horse and i like the way it travels, is a big strong horse, can make the odd error but hopefully that will be trained out of it over the summer. Nicky Richards went close with a horse at Wetherby yesterday and Dougie Costello has a good record for the trainer with 9 wins and 11 places from 38 rides. When they pair up at Carlisle he has 1 win from 2 rides so thats interesting. Can go close! WIN @ 10/1 Bet365 BOG

Re: BBOTD 30Th Of October Another one that could be anything but i,ve heard a few good things about and could run a good race at a good price. Owned and trained by M.Rimell and today will be riden by jockey J.Moore. M.Rimell also has this 4yr old gelding down for a race on Fri 4th Nov over 2m 2f so he must feel today's 2m is with his reach. First time out so am unsure on the ground but i will take a wee chance on him with my BBOTD. He's another type that if he doesn't win today, he will get his day soon enough. Huntingdon 4:05 - Kincora Court. 0.5 e/w bet @ SP Have a nice sunday.

Re: BBOTD 30Th Of October 3.40 Leopardstown Take It To The Max - plummetted in the weights at the start of the year and Fahey has expertly exploited his mark three times. Last won at Ayr at the Western Meeting and travelled all over the field. Acts over both 1m and 1mf and could still be well treated based on his old form. 13/2 Paddypower, 1 pt win

Re: BBOTD 30Th Of October 3:35 Huntingdon - Go Amwell - 1pt @ 14/1 (Bet365) John Jenkins' 8-year-old Go Amwell isn't an easy one to win with but if Robert Thornton (on board for the first time) can get a good tune out of him, he's potentially very well-treated off 2lbs lower than his last win. That was achieved over this speedy C&D last season when scoring comfortably in a similar contest. Things obviously haven't went too well since but he has dropped in the ratings as a result and now looks dangerously handicapped if putting it all in. His last run was nearly 3 weeks ago over this C&D and although he was beaten a long way in the end, it doesn't tell the whole story. Under Timmy Murphy (who gets on well with the horse), Go Amwell was well out the back throughout the race and looking disinterested before moving into a position to challenge a few hurdles from home. His effort flattened out somewhat in the straight and he had nothing left to give but that's fairly understandable given how the race panned for him (it also seemed very tough for the hold-up horses to get involved). If Thornton could just get him interested in the early stages then I'm sure his often strong-travelling ways will lead to him having some sort of chance of getting involved at the business end. Obviously the risk of similar goings on occurring are relatively large as he's a tricky horse but 14/1 looks like a nice price about him and I'll take a small chance. If Go Amwell can put it all in, he's sure to get involved with conditions to suit perfectly. If he's acting up and detached out the back early, it'll be a point wasted. No harm though, it's worth the risk in a race of this nature.

Re: BBOTD 30Th Of October 2:40 Stolen Moments @ Carlisle - Looked a good horse about three years ago when running for the Alan King stable.Was unlucky back in May when only beaten a neck by The Ferbane Man at Wetherby.Keith Mercer takes the ride and can get this horse to go close at a big price if the horse is in the mood 0.5 pt E/W @ 50/1 VCBet

Re: BBOTD 30Th Of October 335 Hn: Absolute Shambles EW (11/1 VCBet) Long distance hurdle and the way Absolute Shambles won over course and distance the time before last was pretty impressive, he flopped at Fontwell when taken on early and this better ground and sharper track should see him coume back to form for a stable still doing well with their limited numbers. At least he will stay and has been dropped a couple of pounds to reamin on a fair mark, should be in the money and the price is generous enough to get involved.

Re: BBOTD 30Th Of October 1.30 Saint Cloud Veneto e/w 14/1 VC Bet This horse comes from one of the smaller yards in France and I think he would be much shorter today if he were trained by someone like Andre Fabre. He ran a massive race last time out at 100/1 in group 1 company to finish just a length behind the exciting prospect Dabirsim. Nothing else in this race has encountered group 1 company before other than Learn who was put in his place by Camelot. Veneto should be suited by the step up to a mile today and I can see him being involved at the business end.

Re: BBOTD 30Th Of October Marie Des Anges 12.55 Huntingdon. 1 point win. Shown a bit of ability in France and now finds himself with Alison Thorpe. She knows how to get the best out of them and possible improvement, so would have every chance in context with this type of race. Any rain would be a plus and the trip shoudn't be a concern, so at the prices would be well worth a bet. An each way bet to be honest, but need the points for the comp and so will go on the nose. 10/1 Boylesports (bog)

Re: BBOTD 30Th Of October Carlisle 3.50 Zoenicibel win - 9/1 Lads Decent in a novice hurdle and then ran an eye-catching 2nd over this distance when last seen. Horses around him in his last 2 runs have done well since and could be well handicapped if buzzded up for seasonal reappearance.

Re: BBOTD 30Th Of October 1310 carlisle claude carter 1pt win 7/1 chandler although still a maiden,it has been placed 5 times ,usual jockey e willians on board and knows the horse well,hopefully he can travel well and get his head in front,stable had a winner yesterday

Re: BBOTD 30Th Of October

Do i sit in 16th place and hope nobody from behind comes up and nabs me? NEVER.... :p Mister Marker - Carlisle 2:40 Loves Carlisle, has won at the track 2 times alreadyand is not badly handicapped. Won over the trip of 3m at Newcastle before so the trip is not a problem. The ground should be tacky and will like that also. Have always liked this horse and i like the way it travels, is a big strong horse, can make the odd error but hopefully that will be trained out of it over the summer. Nicky Richards went close with a horse at Wetherby yesterday and Dougie Costello has a good record for the trainer with 9 wins and 11 places from 38 rides. When they pair up at Carlisle he has 1 win from 2 rides so thats interesting. Can go close! WIN @ 10/1 Bet365 BOG
And you have my full respect fella for whats known as......Having a Fecking GO !

Re: BBOTD 30Th Of October 4.10 Leopardstown - 1pt win Cloudgazer @ 10/1 (PaddyPower) Noel Meade's horses are running well enough, and this horse looks unexposed having only had 4 runs to date. There's been promise in each of these, and conditions today look right. He finished midfield on debut but justified favouritism on his 2nd start, running out a 1l winner over 10f at Navan. He was stepped markedly up in trip to 1m6f on testing ground next time and the stamina test seemed just too much for him. Sensibly, he was sent back over 1m2f last time, and shaped well, coming from off the pace, wide in the straight, to finish a staying on 6th behind Leaves You Baby. The 1m4f trip today looks sure to suit based on that, especially as he can need getting stuck into. There should be improvement to come now on only his 5th start, and the first try at this trip. The trip should be in his sights on pedigree, and Declan McDonogh has a very healthy 23% strike rate for Noel Meade.