** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 29-31

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 29-31

So when you said: you couldn't think of a single team who hadn't had a player serioulsy injured by Stoke? Yeah, course they play a physical game. 'Cos they've got big bastard meatheads playing for them and a manager who likes playing that way. Same as Arsenal play fancy stuff because they've got technically gifted players and a positive thinking manager . Each to their own I say. And as for the water and chaging the pitch dimensions, hats off to 'em. Why on earth do they have to play in a way so that everyone watching gets a little stiffy at every 30 pass move? Anyway, apologies for taking this OT! Good job, it's the last game of the weekend.
Yes i was over exaggerating of course stoke are not that violent. But there are just so many dirty things stoke city think of to try to gain an unfair advantage. They even made the pitch smaller against Liverpool in the carling cup when they lose 2 - 1 a few weeks ago to try and gain some advantage.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stoke have Played Chelsea' date=' and Man utd early in the Season when Man U were bang in form and they still got a draw, Stoke owned the other two home games against mediocre opposition.( Liverpool and Fulham). I saw Spurs up in Newcastle, and Spurs owned Newcastle the whole game. Newcastle are picking up results, but I wouldnt count on them picking up 3 points away to Stoke somehow, Where teams like Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool failed to do so. Good Luck though on Newcastle mate. I think you might need it.[/quote'] No. I think you might need it! :gimme

You say dirty, I say interesting. They're just playing to their strengths. :ok Anyway, looks like the UNDER bet is buggered, your overs bet is looking tasty, if you took it!
Oh no i didnt take it, I initially said under 2.5 @3/4 looked good, covering both 0 - 0 and 1 - 1 draws as well as 1 - 0 and 2 - 0 wins which are all very likely imo. I stopped myself taking random bets when my brain just screams a random bet at me. However i did put a small punt on 2 - 2 and also a draw at 12/5. All or nothing now.

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 29-31 Damn it I knew Newcastle were too long at 10/3, only had to win 3/13 games to break even... cmon stoke, give us an amazing comeback you lovely working men. Pulis surely has a trick up his sleeve. Hes sent on both his tanks, maybe crouchy will get a goal with his head from a hoof. What an amazing run to the season if newcastle manage to hold on though! talking about 7 serious contenders for a top 4 spot!

Newcastle not really producing alot though' date=' 2 Stoke defenders injured buggered up their defence in first half. 45mins to go though. I wouldn't get too cocky just yet, bring on Jones 2nd half.. Seen games like these turned on their ass a few times in my time.[/quote'] What? :lol They have created the same amount Stoke have.. They had 2 shots on goal and scored both and had 2 attempts off target.. Stoke havent had a single proper chance in the whole half! Im not cocky, your the one that was cocky about Newcastle losing before the game, i merely stated you were completely under-estimating them and i was right no matter what the 90 min score ends up being! Newcastle are at ease in defence, and are by far and away the better side in the first half.. Of course, the second half could be completely different! :ok

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 29-31 curse my bloody luck Bets on: had under 2.5 red card 9/2 2 - 2 16/1 draw 12/5 when walters scored penalty i didnt know to cheer or rage, under 2.5 definately lost now, i was just getting some hope, then i thought cmon 2 - 2 draw for juicy win, then stupid rank pokes ba and dean gives another penalty... i guess it was consistant but dean only dished out 1 yellow card so far and just gave loads of penaltys instead! and oh, i NEARLY put money on over 3.5 3/1, i had a massive instinct right before KO, decided against these random bets, especially when i already had money on under 2.5...

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 29-31 Well done to Newcastle. Amazing start to the season. Well done to Pardew too, getting rid of Nolan and Barton and being proven correct. Even if he does remind me of the ''C*mshot King'', Peter North.

I hope Stoke lose tonight as i think they are an appaling team! They play shockingly bad football, they are a dirty side and they rely on set pieces for goals. Rory Delap is only used for his throws, if he didnt have that weapon he would be stuck in League 2 somewhere. I also dont like Tony Pulis! Basically i just dont like stoke! On the othe flip of the coin, i like Newcastle. They have played very nice football this season and are still unbeaten in the league. Stoke is a tough place to go to but i think Newcastle have more football than Stoke and can hopefully nick the game 1-0. Newcastle to WIN @ 14/5 Coral Newcastle DNB @ 13/8 Coral Newcastle to win 1-0 @ 17/2 Stanjames Ryan Taylor to score first E/W @ 20/1 Bluesquare Gutierrez to score first E/W @ 25/1 Bet365 Both teams to score NO @ 20/21 VC
Two main bets landed! :drums Newcastle were the superior team and fully deserved the win! :ok

Oh well' date=' its only one game, not much to worry about. Stoke have their minds on the Europa League which I knew was very likely, when actually this game is alot more important. Sounded like you invested heavily on this one AidsMAc. Wouldnt like to think what you would be like if you had lost all those bets on Newcastle.[/quote'] Sour grapes! Take your loss and walk away and dont be begrudging others! :ok

huh... whats your problem. How many potatoes did you win ?
Its none of your business how much i invest on my bets! You obviously cant take losing that well bud, so i would advise keeping it civil on the forum as i dont want to get into an argument! Take care cookie! :cheers

You made bollock all that's why.with all those bets and thast why your angry man. If you wanna act the tough boy on the Keyboard' date=' and make yourslef sound a mug, then thats fine with me. You wouldnt do it to my face that Im sure of. I didnt realise i was in competition with you. If competition is what you want then ill be here tomorrow night, and Ill tell you how much i stake and win or Lose, and you can show me your slip. You little termite ...[/quote'] :clap:clap:clap :rollin:rollin:rollin

Christ almighty' date=' it's like a fcuking playground in here. Cut it out, both of you, or you'll both be binned for good.[/quote'] If you want to ban me for good for doing " :beer" fair enough! I havent passed a single insult, as a matter of fact the other lad passed a racist remark , which i took pretty well i may add! Anyways, back to the horse racing for me, they are far less racist down there!

Really like the look of that bet mate but I'm going for a slightly safer one... Asian Handicap corners: Stoke -1 @ Bet365 1.925 Newcastle are having a good season but i think they are slightly over achieving at the moment. Against the top 4, it can sometimes be a backs to the wall job for Stoke. But I think they are capable of beating Newcastle and will go for the win here. With the 2 wingers firing in crosses, Delaps throws, and the aerial threat of Crouch and Walters, I think Stoke will win more than their fair share of corners. Stoke are solid defensively at home and I don't see Necastle getting too much change from them. The Toon are likely to have the posession in less threatening areas but when Stoke have it, you can be sure they will be getting the ball into the box as quickly and often as possible thus providing plenty of potential corners. I really like the look of this one.
This one flew in in the end. Newcastle had 2 corners in the first few minutes and that was it all game. Gutted about stoke losing but newcastle beat us at our own game and deserved the win.

Stoke DNB vs Newcastle @ 1.50 (Stan James:10pts)....LOSS City -2AH vs Wolves @ 1.917 (Pinnacle:6pts)....price now @ 1.870......PUSH Swansea to bt Bolton @ 2.150 (Pinnacle:4pts)......WIN
-5.4pts for this round of games, could have been worse but for City scoring late to get a push on that one. Way off on the Stoke game but to be fair to them, the've made me alot of cash at the Britannia and rarely play this poorly so you take it on the chin. Newcastle were excellent and Pardew really got it spot on tonight, fair play. And Arsenal won 5-3 at Chelsea which made my weekend.........:notworthy

You made bollock all that's why.with all those bets and thast why your angry man. If you wanna act the tough boy on the Keyboard' date=' and make yourslef sound a mug, then thats fine with me. You wouldnt do it to my face that Im sure of. I didnt realise i was in competition with you. If competition is what you want then ill be here tomorrow night, and Ill tell you how much i stake and win or Lose, and you can show me your slip. You little termite ...[/quote'] There is no point trying to argue here. You made the wrong call, as did i and many others, please just move on and try to contribute to the forum in a positive way and share your views on the weekends games or something. Rather than argue with someone who backed the winner.... Was a disspaointing evening for my bets, oh well. Slightly saved by backing under 11 corners but still made a loss :(