** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 29-31

Saturday 29 October 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif Everton v Manchester United (12:00 BST) 4.8 3.75 1.89 100.41 %
maximize.gif Chelsea v Arsenal (12:45 BST) 1.66 4.2 6.4 99.43 %
maximize.gif Manchester City v Wolverhampton Wanderers (15:00 BST) 1.2 8.2 21 100.29 %
maximize.gif Norwich City v Blackburn Rovers (15:00 BST) 2.1 3.65 4.1 99.41 %
maximize.gif Sunderland v Aston Villa (15:00 BST) 2.25 3.4 3.7 100.88 %
maximize.gif Swansea City v Bolton Wanderers (15:00 BST) 2.12 3.5 4 100.74 %
maximize.gif Wigan Athletic v Fulham (15:00 BST) 3.2 3.4 2.62 98.76 %
maximize.gif West Bromwich Albion v Liverpool (17:30 BST) 4.2 3.6 2.08 99.66 %
Sunday 30 October 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif Tottenham Hotspur v Queens Park Rangers (16:00 BST) 1.4 5.2 10 100.66 %
Monday 31 October 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gif Stoke City v Newcastle United (20:00 BST) 2.25 3.35 4 99.30 %

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 29-31

Bolton are overpriced @ 4
Hmmm Swansea have been good at home this season (2-0-2) and Bolton looked pretty ragged last weekend. Also add the midweek fixture with Arsenal and I think it would take a brave man to back Bolton. :lol Of course you could take them on a handicap. :ok Think I personally will stay clear though...

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 29-31 ok, is that price on Fulham for real? :eyes Personally don't see how an away side such as Fulham can be priced at under 3. But, this season has so far been pretty crazy so chances are Fulham will win 4-0.... Wigan haven't been great, but bar the Rangers game Fulham have been pretty shot shy. If I can get Wigan on a decent + 0.5 AH that would be my call of the weekend. Elsewhere I think the price on United is awful. Everton usually give a good account of themselves at home. The last three have not resulted in an away win, and the pressure is really on United here to get three points. With City playing Wolves, you'd expect another three points there. So, anything less than three points may be psychologically damaging. At first glance as well Arsenal seem a little long, but that would depend on the fitness of Van Persie, and who plays at the back.

Bolton are overpriced @ 4
Why Aidy? ;) I can't see the reasoning myself.... Swansea are a very good passing side and seem to actually be doing what WBA couldn't the first couple of tries, which is keep the ball. They seem to be pretty strong at home. Posession wise they should look again to keep the ball, and Bolton will probably have to be content with playing on the counter attack. Bolton haven't been that great defensively either.

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 29-31 Anyone else think that my lot, spurs are abit short. In the last 2 games against Newcastle and Blackburn we certainly werent at our best. Plus if our central defenders our Kaboul and Bassong i would be surprised if we keep a clean sheet :lol

Anyone else think that my lot' date=' spurs are abit short. In the last 2 games against Newcastle and Blackburn we certainly werent at our best. Plus if our central defenders our Kaboul and Bassong i would be surprised if we keep a clean sheet :lol[/quote'] I was thinking the same but QPR were actually pretty rubbish in their victory against Chelsea. More a case of Chelsea shooting themselves in the foot than QPR showing real quality. Chelsea were looking more likely to score with 9 men in the second half than QPR's 11 men. Guess I will have to look into the handicaps more and see if I am swayed.

ok, is that price on Fulham for real? :eyes Personally don't see how an away side such as Fulham can be priced at under 3. But, this season has so far been pretty crazy so chances are Fulham will win 4-0.... Wigan haven't been great, but bar the Rangers game Fulham have been pretty shot shy. If I can get Wigan on a decent + 0.5 AH that would be my call of the weekend.
im in big agreement with you here. that price is crazy for a team that has yet to win away from home (P4 W0 D1 L3) and only scored 1 goal away from home.. but it gives a nice price about wigan at home and the AH will be a very interesting price

I was thinking the same but QPR were actually pretty rubbish in their victory against Chelsea. More a case of Chelsea shooting themselves in the foot than QPR showing real quality. Chelsea were looking more likely to score with 9 men in the second half than QPR's 11 men. Guess I will have to look into the handicaps more and see if I am swayed.
I'll be honest, i have seen very little of QPR. The only game i have watched was the Newcastle one, where they played reasonably well but just couldnt score, to me they still lack a proven goalscorer. I personally think Spurs will win, just seems quite short to me, especially considering we have quite alot of injury worries in defence. I say it every week on here but i just hate Bassong, i would love to see our defensive stats with/without him and see how better we fare without him! I assume he will still be at CB this weekend so can see us conceding. Adebayor hasnt been quite so hot the past couple of games either and we've gone back to relying on Rafa for the goals because nobody else seems to be contributing at the moment. I'm hoping Defoe gets a little run in the side soon as i think he's starting to look sharp again. Same goes for Lennon now he is back fit, he could be a big player for us going forward for the rest of the season. My prediction would be for us to grind out another 1 goal win

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 29-31 Stoke to beat Newcastle @ 2.25 Newcastle have had an excellent season so far, sitting unbeaten in 4th, however I think this will come to an end on Monday night. Stole have traditionally been strong at home and have a ground which is considered one of those difficult to play at. Stoke have drawn this season at home to Man U, beat Liverpool and drew with Spurs, albeit with each team having weaker selections. Newcastle will find this game a step too far for their unbeaten run.

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 29-31 Chelsea - Arsenal It looks like Arsenal are starting to play good football and Robin van Persie is doing really well. For this game Chelsea will be without suspended Drogba, which I consider to be very important since Drigba has scored 8 goals in last 10 games against Arsenal (including 1 FA Cup game). I simply don’t know what Chelsea did to deserve to be such a strong favorites against Arsenal. Maybe it is due to their better record against Arsenal, since the Blues have won 6 out of the last 10 games between these two sides, while Arsenal managed only 3 wins, while 1 game ended in a draw. Nevertheless, odds on Arsenal should not be ignored. Last weekend Man.City was @ 5.00 against United and see what happened. I personally believe that backing strong teams like Arsenal at these odds is profitable in the long run. So, I will back Gunners not to lose here. Arsenal +1 @ 2.37 (4 units) William Hill

Elsewhere I think the price on United is awful. Everton usually give a good account of themselves at home. The last three have not resulted in an away win, and the pressure is really on United here to get three points. With City playing Wolves, you'd expect another three points there. So, anything less than three points may be psychologically damaging.
I agree with that, but think that the best option would be to go for goals market. Games between Everton and United often produced goals and I can't see united keeping a clean sheet here after they conceded 6 against Man.City. Plus they will miss some of their defenders if I am correct.

I simply don’t know what Chelsea did to deserve to be such a strong favorites against Arsenal. Maybe it is due to their better record against Arsenal, since the Blues have won 6 out of the last 10 games between these two sides, while Arsenal managed only 3 wins, while 1 game ended in a draw.
This and the fact that Arsenal haven't won away since April when they beat Blackpool.

Why Aidy? ;) I can't see the reasoning myself.... Swansea are a very good passing side and seem to actually be doing what WBA couldn't the first couple of tries, which is keep the ball. They seem to be pretty strong at home. Posession wise they should look again to keep the ball, and Bolton will probably have to be content with playing on the counter attack. Bolton haven't been that great defensively either.
I had Bolton priced up as 2/1 or 9/4 shots. Swansea have not met anyone that is half decent at home yet and i would have reservations about their home form until they play a couple of good sides. They drew 0-0 with Wigan, 0-0 with Sunderland, they beat West Brom and beat Stoke... Wigan are a poor side, Sunderland are very hit and miss, West Brom are average and Stoke are very poor away from home. I do think they should be favourites to win the match but i dont think odds of 3/1 reflect Boltons chance in the game, i thought they played very well at Arsenal last night and i dont buy into the midweek game nonsense, these are professional fully fit players, 2 games in 5 days should be no problem whatsoever to them. Also have to keep in mind that Bolton have played Liverpool, Man Utd, Aston Villa, Arsenal and Chelsea already whereas Swansea have played City, Arsenal and Chelsea so i feel Bolton have had a lot of tough fixtures this season already and i can see Bolton getting a result at Swansea

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 29-31 Hi lads i'm looking a bit of advise, i'm down to the last 9 in a Soccer Busters / Last Man Standing compo with my golf society. We are in week 6 and the best two options that I have free to pick this week are Norwich @ home to Blackburn or Spurs @ home to QPR. At the moment i'm stuck between which one to pick, do I go Norwich who have been playing well, especially at home and against a team in turmoil (especially after the Mighty Toon beat them tonight) or go for the safer option of Spurs although they seem weak at the back and QPR have the players to put in a big performance? I fancy most of the others will go for Spurs but with a 1st price of £400 it's a big decision. I'm swaying towards Norwich but was just wanting to know what the big punters on here would do? :ok

Hi lads i'm looking a bit of advise' date=' i'm down to the last 9 in a Soccer Busters / Last Man Standing compo with my golf society. We are in week 6 and the best two options that I have free to pick this week are Norwich @ home to Blackburn or Spurs @ home to QPR. At the moment i'm stuck between which one to pick, do I go Norwich who have been playing well, especially at home and against a team in turmoil (especially after the Mighty Toon beat them tonight) or go for the safer option of Spurs although they seem weak at the back and QPR have the players to put in a big performance? I fancy most of the others will go for Spurs but with a 1st price of £400 it's a big decision. I'm swaying towards Norwich but was just wanting to know what the big punters on here would do? :ok[/quote'] If everyone else puts their money on Spurs then I'd go for Norwich. I'd expect both to win though. Is there an advantage if both teams win and you took the more risky option? Seems like either pick has an unknown element of risk based on the selections of others. :p

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 29-31 Thx for the answer Pin! You just have to pick a team that wins, if you draw or lose you are out. The 1st few weeks everyone has picked the big teams, Man U, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea etc but you are only allowed to pick the same team once. The benefit of picking Norwich would be I would be able to select Spurs in another week but with only 9 left it won't go on too much longer. I'm torn between who is the best bet??? Decisions........Decisions!!!!

Chelsea - Arsenal It looks like Arsenal are starting to play good football and Robin van Persie is doing really well. For this game Chelsea will be without suspended Drogba, which I consider to be very important since Drigba has scored 8 goals in last 10 games against Arsenal (including 1 FA Cup game). I simply don’t know what Chelsea did to deserve to be such a strong favorites against Arsenal. Maybe it is due to their better record against Arsenal, since the Blues have won 6 out of the last 10 games between these two sides, while Arsenal managed only 3 wins, while 1 game ended in a draw. Nevertheless, odds on Arsenal should not be ignored. Last weekend Man.City was @ 5.00 against United and see what happened. I personally believe that backing strong teams like Arsenal at these odds is profitable in the long run. So, I will back Gunners not to lose here. Arsenal +1 @ 2.37 (4 units) William Hill
Drogba's record against Arsenal can't be argued with, he has been immense against them in the past few years, BUT this is a completely different season and a relatively different Chelsea side. Even if Drogba had been eligible to play this weekend, I highly doubt he would have started for a couple of different reasons. Firstly Drogba's performances in the past three weeks have been well below par, and far from the Drogba of old. He only got the nod because of Torres' brainsnap a few weeks back, and has failed to take advantage of a really good opportunity to show AVB that he still has what it takes to lead the frontline. And secondly I'd say Torres will be getting the nod this weekend, and I'd say he still would have if Drogs wasn't suspended. AVB has already shown his preference for Torres, and slowly but surely Torres has started to show his worth. He has put in a couple of fantasic performances this season, he's scored a couple of goals, and the side in general looks to be playing a system that is far more suited to him. I know it's not a massive point, so I'm sorry if I've rambled on a bit. I just think it's relevant for us not to overstate Drogba's importance in this fixture. Chelsea will be fine without him, as they have been for the larger part of this campaign. On the game itself, as a Chelsea fan I'd obviously like to back them to win at home. They certainly have the advantage here IMO, but look a little delicate at the back and may concede depending on who plays for Arsenal. I think both teams to score, or overs might be my call? Cheers anyway.

Thx for the answer Pin! You just have to pick a team that wins, if you draw or lose you are out. The 1st few weeks everyone has picked the big teams, Man U, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea etc but you are only allowed to pick the same team once. The benefit of picking Norwich would be I would be able to select Spurs in another week but with only 9 left it won't go on too much longer. I'm torn between who is the best bet??? Decisions........Decisions!!!!
Oh that sounds like fun! :) Unfortunately I don't think anyone can really help you that much. Best advice I can give is that you look through the fixture lists for your available teams and plan ahead. Obviously Tottenham are more heavily favored this weekend but if it leaves you short of good picks in the future then you may find yourself in a pickle! :p I think the highlights of tonight's Blackburn game are on BBC 1 so maybe you could give that a watch if you were thinking of backing Norwich. Either way I hope it works out for you. :ok

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 29-31 Thought i'd post some early thoughts for the weekend before I go watch the League cup highlights: Manchester united away to everton currently priced at 5/6 looks to have great value. Everton looks to have picked up some injurys to players such as Cahill playing 120 minutes vs chelsea today, as well as picking up suspensions for Drenthe i think, who will miss the next game? As everton have played most of their first team for 120 minutes they should feel the effects of todays game on saturday. Its even a 12:00 KO. Ferguson's result vs aldershot is perfect to get them back on track to gain some ground on leaders man city, and I will expect Ferguson to put out a team to definately win this match. Blackburn away to Norwich looks to have value on blackburn priced at 16/5 after their qualification to the quater finals of the lc. City 1/5 at home to beat wolves again, i cant imagine this will be a problem. Might tie this cup in an accumulator. the most wolves can do is make city sweat at 0 - 0 for about 60 minutes. City will pick up pace and get their win. 2/1 for Wigan looks tempting too against a fulham side who is very average on the road.

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 29-31 I agree that United should win, but i am not impressed with the price. I was thinking United should be odds against, i think we havent won there for the last 3 years in a row or something (I Think)... Everton is a very tough place to go to IMO, and the game against Aldershot cant tell us anything as it will be a completely different side out the weekend, still big defensive and midfield worries, im very hopeful of a United win and think we can win, but @ 5/6 it wont be getting any of my money, i dont think there is any value in it personally, but thats just my opinion.

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 29-31 Also not trying to knitpick Spider, but its my honest genuine opinion that i feel Blackburn wont get a result at Norwich. Norwich have really impressed me and they got a great result at Anfield, should have had a result at OT, play lovely football, Blackburn's defence is in a mess, they should have been out of sight tonight and they let Newcastle score twice in injury time! I think Norwich deserve to be odds-on. Again just my opinion. Agree with you on Wigan though! Like the price

I agree that United should win, but i am not impressed with the price. I was thinking United should be odds against, i think we havent won there for the last 3 years in a row or something (I Think)... Everton is a very tough place to go to IMO, and the game against Aldershot cant tell us anything as it will be a completely different side out the weekend, still big defensive and midfield worries, im very hopeful of a United win and think we can win, but @ 5/6 it wont be getting any of my money, i dont think there is any value in it personally, but thats just my opinion.
Its not got great value, but after the midweek results i feel this probably has abit more value taking into account all the factors. I cant imagine United dropping points here when Wolves are visiting Eastlands. Anything but a win for Utd will probably widen the gap to 7 pts. though early in the season, Fergie will put out his best team to get the win to put pressure on City. EDIT: Night guys, off to watch the LC show then off to bed for me.

Its not got great value, but after the midweek results i feel this probably has abit more value taking into account all the factors. I cant imagine United dropping points here when Wolves are visiting Eastlands. Anything but a win for Utd will probably widen the gap to 7 pts. though early in the season, Fergie will put out his best team to get the win to put pressure on City. EDIT: Night guys, off to watch the LC show then off to bed for me.
Yes, but all Fergie wanted last weekend was not to lose.. And we got hammered.. Im very worried with the way the team are functioning at the moment, lets hope they turn it around the weekend mate, Peace nite nite!

Yes' date= but all Fergie wanted last weekend was not to lose.. And we got hammered.. Im very worried with the way the team are functioning at the moment, lets hope they turn it around the weekend mate, Peace nite nite!
and I thought Sir Alex always wanted to win.... especially at OT :p Everton playing 120 minutes tonight is another factor, but I always feel that players playing that level of football should be fit enough, especially at this stage in the season, to handle the games in quick succession. That is an often (IMO) overplayed phrase used season after season.... if we're talking about lower league's, where fitness levels may not be as high then yes, playing lots of games will be an issue. But these guy's are as fit as anyone can be playing at the top level.

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 29-31 Everton Vs. Manchester United Selection: Manchester United @ 1.89 Pinnacle Stake: 9/10 I think this bet has become much more attractive after Everton were involved in a losing effort that went into extra time in the Carling Cup on Wednesday night. Everton were playing with an almost full strength team and had Drenthe sent off in extra time adding to the running effort that the players fielded had to make. Everton has a relatively thin squad so they can't rotate players without losing quality on the pitch. This Saturday they are playing the early fixture so they really are short on recovery time for the match. Manchester United conversely played their B team against Aldershot in the CC and therefore will be rotating in fresh first team players. Seeing how Manchester United need a response after their hammering by City, I think they have picked up Everton at a good time. Everton are now 1-3-1 in their last 5 fixtures in all competitions. Granted the Merseysiders have had a tough run of fixtures but I think their troubles will continue here. I think this match will be an example of how important it is to have a big squad if a team wants to stay competitive on all fronts. I think Manchester will get back to winning ways and a seal a victory by a couple of goals. Therefore I am willing to back Manchester Untied to win @ 1.89 Pinnacle, good luck :hope

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 29-31 Norwich City Vs. Blackburn Rovers Selection: Norwich City @ 2.05 Boylesports Stake: 8/10 Much like the Man Utd bet, I fancy Norwich as they are the team who are going to have the fresh legs in this encounter. Norwich have been the best of the promoted teams this season and are coming off a hard fought draw with Liverpool last weekend. Norwich have shown that they are capable of knocking the ball about this season and have been competitive in all of their games. Paul Lambert is certainly looking at his fixture as a game Norwich should win and I am sure he will set his men out to do just that. Norwich are currently situated 8th in the Premiership and have a home record in the EPL of 2-1-1. Blackburn put out a nearly full strength team on Wednesday night in the extra time victory against Newcastle. While the victory has definitely helped to boost morale at Rovers the reality is they are still sitting rock bottom in the EPL. I feel the 120 minutes played midweak by their squad is going to show in the second half and puts Blackburn in a weaker position than Norwich. Blackburn are 0-2-2 away from home this season in the EPL and while I'm sure they will put up a fight in this match I think that Norwich will have too much for them. With odds of better than evens for the Norwich victory I am willing to back them at Boylesports, good luck :hope

Re: England » Barclays Premier League » Oct 29-31 Here are my bets for this weekend, nice and early. Chelsea v Arsenal @1.65 Sportsbet Not a great price for Chelsea here, but I'll take it nonetheless as I'm confident in them securing a home victory. I think Chelsea will be looking to produce a far better performance after last weeks shambles at Loftus Road, and have their own crowd to think about to. AVB rested a number of key players last night against Everton, and he welcomes back Torres who really has looked good in his past few appearances. A very strong squad, bar Bosingwa and Drogba, and plenty of motivation to get the win and stick with the Manchester clubs. A quick note on Arsenal - They look to have turned their season around, which they were always going to do eventually, but I still don't think they are strong enough defensively to hold out Chelsea for a full 90 minutes. If Van Persie plays, then they are definitely in with a chance at scoring, so let's just hope Chelsea can outscore them. If Torres plays well and Sturridge continues his form, then I'm confident they can do that. Everton v Manchester United @ 1.70 Sportsbet First off, let's not over-react to last weeks result in the Manchester derby. Sure it was an amazing result for Man City, but let's not forget who Man United are, and the results they've produced this season, let alone the past 20 years. They had the luxury of resting key players in the Cup, which gains more importance when you consider Everton really don't have that luxury, and will have to field players who played 120 minutes. United welcome back a host of stars on Saturday, who will be fresh, motivated, and ready to put a shift in to get their season back on track. If Fergie says thats the worst loss he has ever been apart of ... then how do you think he will drill his side to respond? make no mistake about it - Everton will be in for one hell of a game here. Man City -2 v Wolves @ 2.25 Sportsbet I'd say this bet will be quite popular this weekend, and for good reason IMO. Not too phased about last nights result, as the upcoming fixture will see both clubs field different sides. A full strength Man City will be almost unstoppable this weekend, as we all see what they did to Man United, and how well they are playing in general this season. Wolves are struggling big time this year, and I simply can't see them being able to keep pace with City. Honestly can't add much more input to this, I just think City are far too good a team at the minute for most sides in the league, and should be able to put a few past Wolves here. Their attacking style of play will help, and confidence will be at an all time high. Side note: I know the odds aren't the greatest, but Sportsbet is the bookie I choose to go with. And I know my bets are quite original, banking on 3 of the big 4, but I like each of their chances this weekend and feel the odds are big enough to have a nibble. GL All :ok