** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

England » Npower Football League Championship » Oct 22-24

Djordje

Re: England » Npower Football League Championship » Oct 22-24 I can see West Ham just edging out Brighton tonight in what should be a low-scoring affair in my opinion. Brighton stared off the season on fire with no loss in 6, but since then i feel they have slumped and they are not the team now that they were at the start of the season. West Ham are worthy favourites tonight . I think Mark Noble will be back in the side and Joey O Brien may be available also. John Carew is a very good buy for West Ham and although they have injuries in the squad and although Brighton have a good home record, i think West Ham will bounce back tonight after a few bad results. I think it will be a tight affair with both teams not giving much away but i think West Ham have a tad more class than Brighton and i am backing them to nick the game 1-0, i had West Ham to win 1-0 as a 5/1 shot so i think the price is generous. Also think Carew will be a threat but Sam Baldock has impressed me this season and i am going to plump for him to score the winner, also doing a small scorecast! West Ham to win 1-0 @ 17/2 Unibet Sam Baldock to score first @ 13/2 Betfred Scorecast Baldock 1-0 @ 40/1 Paddy Power

Re: England » Npower Football League Championship » Oct 22-24 infact i see we are away which is even better. one away defeat all season to the team top of the league. I fancy a 2-1 west ham here. Baldock and Carew are clicking nicely now and I think that although we will miss hugely Taylor we can sneak it

Re: England » Npower Football League Championship » Oct 22-24 You can get about 1.85 on the unders, which is my call tonight. West Ham have a lot of injuries, and won't have a lot of natural width out tonight. Brighton, good passing side that they are should have enough to frustrate West Ham. Who will probably look to crowd midfield.

Re: England » Npower Football League Championship » Oct 22-24 I'm tempted by Brighton +0AH @ 2.3, granted they havent won in 6 but they are only 2 points behind West Ham after 12 league games, and have only lost once at home. West Ham do have alot of injury worries for tonight including: Green, Bentley, Cole, O'Neill, Tomkins, Taylor and Lansbury. And although they still boast a very strong side on paper, i dont think they should be soo strong favourites. Brighton also have the welcome additions of Steve Harper and Gonzalo Jara to sure up their defence. With both sides having reasonable defensive records i think under 2.5 @ 1.9 might not be a bad selection either

Re: England » Npower Football League Championship » Oct 22-24

You can get about 1.85 on the unders' date=' which is my call tonight. West Ham have a lot of injuries, and won't have a lot of natural width out tonight. Brighton, good passing side that they are should have enough to frustrate West Ham. Who will probably look to crowd midfield.[/quote'] I agree Jase, underswould be a good call in my opinion. I think West Ham will nick it 1-0, cant see more than 2 goals personally but this is the championship where anythings possible!

Brighton have signed goalkeeper Steve Harper on loan from Newcastle for tonight too. Not sure if he'll go straight into the squad.
Skysports and BBC seem to think he will... I think its pretty likely

Re: England » Npower Football League Championship » Oct 22-24 Never rated Angreken and he's got a bit of stick from the fans of late for some poor performances. Harper starting should be a boost to the defence. I dont think Brighton have been that great at home this season, even in the games they've picked up points they've never really dominated the opposition, they're always liable to conceed which puts me off the unders.

Re: England » Npower Football League Championship » Oct 22-24 On paper West Ham have a far superior starting X1 & squad than Brighton. West Ham have been superb away from home with big wins at Watford 4-0,Nottm Forest 4-1 & a excellent point at Crystal Palace 2-2.Lost to Southampton by a 1-0 margin which is no disgrace. Brighton's early season form & seem them dip in the past couple of weeks.Scapped a home draw vs Hull city recently 0-0,and past 2 home games have lost to Crystal Palace 1-3 & drew vs leeds 3-3. I can only see one result tonight & thats a West Ham United win.I will also take them on a handicap-1 current at Betfred @5/1 Good luck all :hope

Re: England » Npower Football League Championship » Oct 22-24 I'm probably going to come across as a know it all tosser again....but, I'd speculate that circumstances have dictated West Ham's playing style. i.e. injuries, an early goal, playing away from home against a threatening side. Wouldn't read too much into it personally :unsure

I can see West Ham just edging out Brighton tonight in what should be a low-scoring affair in my opinion. Brighton stared off the season on fire with no loss in 6, but since then i feel they have slumped and they are not the team now that they were at the start of the season. West Ham are worthy favourites tonight . I think Mark Noble will be back in the side and Joey O Brien may be available also. John Carew is a very good buy for West Ham and although they have injuries in the squad and although Brighton have a good home record, i think West Ham will bounce back tonight after a few bad results. I think it will be a tight affair with both teams not giving much away but i think West Ham have a tad more class than Brighton and i am backing them to nick the game 1-0, i had West Ham to win 1-0 as a 5/1 shot so i think the price is generous. Also think Carew will be a threat but Sam Baldock has impressed me this season and i am going to plump for him to score the winner, also doing a small scorecast! West Ham to win 1-0 @ 17/2 Unibet Sam Baldock to score first @ 13/2 Betfred Scorecast Baldock 1-0 @ 40/1 Paddy Power
West Ham won 1-0.... :beer Sam Baldock didnt start (Money Refunded) :beer On the scorecast Baldock didnt start so that money went on West Ham to win 1-0 so i had West Ham to win 1-0 backed twice, double bubble! :beer Happy days!

West Ham won 1-0.... :beer Sam Baldock didnt start (Money Refunded) :beer On the scorecast Baldock didnt start so that money went on West Ham to win 1-0 so i had West Ham to win 1-0 backed twice, double bubble! :beer Happy days!
Well done fella. Excellent work!!!

Re: England » Npower Football League Championship » Oct 22-24 Being a WHU supporter, I had the feeling we'd win so put a small bet (3) on us to win and was happy with the outcome as a supporter and as a low stakes punter. I used my £10 sky free bet (thanks Punters lounge) to back Nolan at 25/1 to score in both halves. So close :) We did play badly and negatively but in our defence we have a long injury list means we can only play 4 5 1, which is dull, I agree.

Being a WHU supporter, I had the feeling we'd win so put a small bet (3) on us to win and was happy with the outcome as a supporter and as a low stakes punter. I used my £10 sky free bet (thanks Punters lounge) to back Nolan at 25/1 to score in both halves. So close :) .
Thanks for that blatent after-eventing. Very useful. Only three posts and you've managed to mention bets that have already won FOUR times. Must be some kind of record. Not that I'm moaning you understand. I had a grand on City to beat United 6-1 so I'm quite pleased with myself as well:nana