Npower Football League Championship & League One» Oct 18/19

Djordje

Re: Npower Football League Championship & League One» Oct 18/19 QUOTE:

Event Nottingham - Middlesbrough
SelectionNottingham
Strength10/10
Date18/10/2011
Bookmaker/PriceBwin @ 2.70
ReasoningPoor poor Nottingham Forrest,they are sitting on the bottom of the league,just two points above the last Bristol City and still hunting for its first victory at their City Ground.Its the time for things to change.Steve Cotterill will take charge now,he is a good coach,a coach who can bring improvement.I think that this is exactly what they need,a tough match against hard opponent.Boro conceded their first goal in over 300 minutes of football against the Lions this week,they are coming here as 3rd ranked team with 4 draws in a row,in their 4th they were unable to beat Millwall (1:1),and what is most important they are only unbeaten team in league.There are no drastic changes in formations but this is what Forrest needs the victory over Boro,victory what will bring them moral and confidence.They have a good team,team that will be especially motivated for this match.I think that Boro is ready to fall tonight at City Ground. Nottingham Forrest to crush Boro. Savage10 wrote: As a Boro fan i hate to say it but i do agree with you when you say Boro are ready to fall tonight, I've been saying for weeks that we are really arent anything special at all, we are really struggling to create chances certainly need another striker who can bang goals in in this league. Emnes's goals have dried up and Mcdonald just doesn't score, we need to make at least 2-3 signings in January maybe a striker or 2 and a winger whos going to run at the opposition, in the past weve had Downing, A.Johnson, Zenden, Morrison, I would of even offered Aliadiere a new contract at the start of the season at least he ran at people I know Forest are really struggling this season and look very bad, but this normally happens to us when a team hasn't won for ages, in Forests case they havent won at home all season they will brake that duck by beating us tonight. We need a big wake up call and are in for a hammering very soon if not tonight. :sad

Re: Npower Football League Championship & League One» Oct 18/19 Barnsley vs Burnley Pick: Burnley (0) @ 1.80 Bet365 9/10 This line was initial 1.95 then dropped to 1.80. I dont know why odds drop on Burnley :) 18. Barnsley 2-6-3 9-11 16. Burnley 3-3-4 13-13 In this game I will back a team wich has lost previous match at home. In this case, Burnley lost 0-1 at home previous round to Reading. Odds DC X2 are not the best to take. Follow odds movement...

Re: Npower Football League Championship & League One» Oct 18/19 Looks like we're going for less creativity and trying to contain Ipswich a bit more tonight. Kitson comes in for Benjani, who picked up a knock at the weekend and starts on the bench tonight. Huseklepp also drops out for Joel Ward, so it looks as though we'll have two pretty defensive midfielders through the centre. Don't really fancy us without the creativity, but hopefully Ipswich will be a little leggy up front, as both Jason Scotland and Michael Chopra start for them. Good news is that Sonko starts for the home side...he was shocking for us.

Re: Npower Football League Championship & League One» Oct 18/19

Southampton V West Ham Utd West Ham Utd +0.50 @ 3/4 (Pinnacle) 2.5 Units Nothing to add really apart from I think the 4-0 victory over Blackpool at the weekend should give the Hammers a psychological boost and could be an important momment in their season. They will be put to the test against a strong Southampton side here but I am gonna back the Hammers not to loose this one with Southampton's 100% home record comming to an end. My money has to go where my mouth is but because of the nature of the game and all things considered I think 2.5 units is a cautious but sensible size for the punt here.
FT: Southampton 1-0 West Ham, really fed up with this one after so much was written, Southampton's 17th consecutive home win apparently. Well done thfc you were right mate.

Peterborough v Cardiff - (Asian Total Corners) Over 11.5 @ 1.950 - Bet365 Corner Stats: Peterborough H: 10, 12, 16, 12, 12. Cardiff A: 16, 8, 15, 14, 12. The way these two teams go into a game will, for the majority of the time, produce a high corner count. Mark Little of Peterborough will bomb forward from his full back position to help out the winger in front of him...similarly to McNaughton of Cardiff who will do the same. Lee Tomlin also likes to drift out wide and make things happen. It's not a bet to go mad on but worth a bet with the attacking potential on both sides. Interesting stat; ''Cardiff have fired 82 shots on target in this Championship campaign; a total bettered only by Peterborough.''
18. That was close ;) Should of taken note of my stat; raining goals at London Rd.

FT: Southampton 1-0 West Ham' date=' really fed up with this one after so much was written, Southampton's 17th consecutive home win apparently. Well done thfc you were right mate.[/quote'] Wouldn't be too downhearted.... seemed like a bit of a tactical mistake from Sam Allardyce to me. Matty Taylor came off in the 20th minute to be replaced by Piquionne, which probably screwed their midfield up. I'd have thought the more sensible opttion would have been to bring on Mark Noble at that junction. It's weird how they lined up, and then assuming Taylor went off through injury to be replaced by a second lanky forward. Odd to completely change your tactical setup that early in the game.

Wouldn't be too downhearted.... seemed like a bit of a tactical mistake from Sam Allardyce to me. Matty Taylor came off in the 20th minute to be replaced by Piquionne' date=' which probably screwed their midfield up. I'd have thought the more sensible opttion would have been to bring on Mark Noble at that junction. It's weird how they lined up, and then assuming Taylor went off through injury to be replaced by a second lanky forward. Odd to completely change your tactical setup that early in the game.[/quote'] It is possible, you would have thought he'd bring on Noble at that point. There are certain things you don't want to happen in a game if you're trying to win a bet and I don't think conceeding right on half time would have helped West Ham's cause either. Will have to draw a line under it and re-double my efforts for the weekend ahead.

Crystal Palace V Bristol City On the surface this should be a walk in the park for Palace but this fixture has a little more to it than usual as there is a recent history of bad feeling between the clubs. Although that bad feeling maybe fading slightly with the depature of personnel on both sides it can still be a game that leaves a bad taste in the mouth. According to many including Darren Ferguson, Bristol City were better than the scoreline suggested at the weekend and perhaps deserved to take something from the game V Peterborough. I agree with Alexc that Wigley is not a football 'manager' and stuggles to cope with the tactical side of the game. He's essentially a coach but I'm sure Wigley himself will agree. He finds himself in the wretched position of trying to haul Bristol City from their slow demise and he will indeed still be incharge of 1st team affairs for the Palace game. Palace left-back Dean Moxey had flu at the weekend and missed the victory over Watford. He may return tommorow but if he doesn't Nathanial Clyne will cover at left-back and I don't see any great issues there. Apart from that Palace have virtually a fully fit squad to choose from. Bristol City have on-going injuries in the defensive area and will hope Wilson and McGivern can return for the Palace match. McGivern was on-loan at Palace earlier this season and the full back is a player I think has a lot of potential. Palace are available at 19/20 and technically speaking it seems fair value to me. A Palace win is on my shortlist for this midweek round but instinctively it's not a bet I am in love with as it seems just too easy to get all 3pts here and sometimes those games kick you in the balls. Having said that the facts suggest Palace are far superior to Bristol City in every department and should dispose of them. On paper for Palace not to win here Bristol City will need to play at the peak of their game, Wigley will have to have a solid strategy with every player clear on their rolls, a dose of good luck and hope that Palace have a bad night. Instinct tells me it wont be plain sailing for Palace, logic says we will crush City. If people want to back Palace here I would suggest low stakes because of this conflict. I certainly see no valid reason to oppose Palace in this fixture. Probable Palace lineup: Speroni, Ramage, Tunchev, McCarthy, Clyne, Zaha, Wright, Jedinak, Parr, Murray, Scannell If I had to bet on this match: Crystal Palace @ 19/20 (Betdaq)
FT: Crystal Palace 1-0 Bristol City, Palace eventually manage to break down a stubborn Bristol City with a Glenn Murray penalty. Even though City are rock bottom with all their problems it's a good win for us tonight given the recent history between the two teams. Palace in the play-off zone now and above Brighton! Hopefully Palace fans will keep expectation low but hopes high. Well done to all those on Palace tonight.

Re: Npower Football League Championship & League One» Oct 18/19 Hi Thanks for the tip - I followed it. I must admit I was sweating until the goal went in in the 86th Min but then I knew it would be good. I had a nice double up of my stake. Thanks! I look forward to your next tips :)

Re: Npower Football League Championship & League One» Oct 18/19 Oh btw - as you can see - I am a WHU fan and I gave that one a wide birth, as I did Middlesbrough (thanks Middlesbrough fan for your honest assessment) and I just can't bring myself to bet on that south London team, so I just had Palace. Didn't win a king's ransom but it upped the stake money a bit :)

EventLeicester - Watford
SelectionOver 2.5
Strength10/10
Date19/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price10bet @ 1.85
ReasoningThe hosts at 13th to face 21th Watford Well i hope that Leicester defence will not be on this level as it was recently because in last five matches they only received 2 goals and that was this week against Birmingham (2:0) and now Leicester captain Matt Mills will miss the game through suspension so Sven-Goran Eriksson has to break up a back four that had previously kept four successive clean sheets.The Foxes have failed to live up to their pre-season expectations so far having been tipped to romp the division so they will certainly rush in this game which might provide plenty counter chances for Watford to score. Probable starting lineups Leicester City: Schmeichel; Peltier, Bamba, St. Ledger, Konchesky; King, Abe, Fernandes, Danns; Vassell and Nugent. Watford: Loach; Doyley, Mariappa, Mirfin, Dickinson; Kightly, Eustace, Hogg, Forsyth; Sordell and Garner. I think its the time for a bit open game.

Re: Npower Football League Championship & League One» Oct 18/19 4pts - Leicester v Watford (Asian Corners) Under 11.5 @ 1.80 Bet365 In Leicester's 5 home games and Watford's 5 away games this season this line has only been covered once - 12 corners in Watford away to Coventry. Leicester Home Total - 10,9,9,7,9 Watford Away Total - 9,9,11,12,5 Leicester have only contributed more than 5 on one occasion with 7 of the 9 against Reading. Watford have only managed to get to 5 on two occasions away from home. Leicester home corners - 4,5,5,4,7 Watford Away corners - 3,2,5,5,2 Based on the stats this season I think this line is too high and will play the unders tonight.

4pts - Leicester v Watford (Asian Corners) Under 11.5 @ 1.80 Bet365 In Leicester's 5 home games and Watford's 5 away games this season this line has only been covered once - 12 corners in Watford away to Coventry. Leicester Home Total - 10,9,9,7,9 Watford Away Total - 9,9,11,12,5 Leicester have only contributed more than 5 on one occasion with 7 of the 9 against Reading. Watford have only managed to get to 5 on two occasions away from home. Leicester home corners - 4,5,5,4,7 Watford Away corners - 3,2,5,5,2 Based on the stats this season I think this line is too high and will play the unders tonight.
+1. You beat me to it. Leicester play through the middle hence why the low corner counts. Even when they were losing to Bristol they didn't cover this line.

Re: Npower Football League Championship & League One» Oct 18/19 Does anyone have any info on the Preston/Sheffield Utd teams tonight? Preston are 2.35 [-0.5AH] to win and 1.725 [0AH], both with bet365 -seems pretty high for a side who have won their last five home matches across all competitions and their last four in the league. I know the two sides are incredibly close in the league at present, but I can see Sheffield Utd struggling to show up after throwing away a 2-0 lead at HT to draw 2-2 with city rivals Sheffield Wednesday just three days ago, conceding two goals inside the last ten minutes. Had a quick look at H2H results between the two sides - both teams have been in the same division as the other each season from 07/08, and in the ten games since then, the away side has failed to win once. Preston at home - P5 W3 D2 L0; Sheff. Utd at home - P5 W4 D1 L0. If there's no significant injury or suspension news, I'll be taking Preston 0AH, I reckon.

Does anyone have any info on the Preston/Sheffield Utd teams tonight? Preston are 2.35 [-0.5AH] to win and 1.725 [0AH], both with bet365 -seems pretty high for a side who have won their last five home matches across all competitions and their last four in the league. I know the two sides are incredibly close in the league at present, but I can see Sheffield Utd struggling to show up after throwing away a 2-0 lead at HT to draw 2-2 with city rivals Sheffield Wednesday just three days ago, conceding two goals inside the last ten minutes. Had a quick look at H2H results between the two sides - both teams have been in the same division as the other each season from 07/08, and in the ten games since then, the away side has failed to win once. Preston at home - P5 W3 D2 L0; Sheff. Utd at home - P5 W4 D1 L0. If there's no significant injury or suspension news, I'll be taking Preston 0AH, I reckon.
Two of Prestons best players: Neil Mellor and Iain Hume are almost certain to miss both games this week Sheff Utd at home tonight and Huddersfield away on Saturday. Fancy it being a draw myself...

4pts - Leicester v Watford (Asian Corners) Under 11.5 @ 1.80 Bet365 In Leicester's 5 home games and Watford's 5 away games this season this line has only been covered once - 12 corners in Watford away to Coventry. Leicester Home Total - 10,9,9,7,9 Watford Away Total - 9,9,11,12,5 Leicester have only contributed more than 5 on one occasion with 7 of the 9 against Reading. Watford have only managed to get to 5 on two occasions away from home. Leicester home corners - 4,5,5,4,7 Watford Away corners - 3,2,5,5,2 Based on the stats this season I think this line is too high and will play the unders tonight.
Bet365 and BBC have made an error and there were actually 11. I listened to the game and also http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/match/2011/oct/19/leicestercity-v-watford. They are reviewing it but if they mark it as 12 definately argue with them. I'm quite sure they were only 11. EDIT: Here has 11 also but they disagree too ha! - http://soccernet.espn.go.com/gamecast?id=324389&cc=5739

Bet365 and BBC have made an error and there were actually 11. I listened to the game and also http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/match/2011/oct/19/leicestercity-v-watford. They are reviewing it but if they mark it as 12 definately argue with them. I'm quite sure they were only 11. EDIT: Here has 11 also but they disagree too ha! - http://soccernet.espn.go.com/gamecast?id=324389&cc=5739
Bet365 have paid out. Nice one :lol

Re: Npower Football League Championship & League One» Oct 18/19 At one stage they were reporting 9 corners in the 1st half and I thought the bet was up. When I checked back in the second expecting it to be over they were only showing 8. It's even sweeter when you think its gone and it comes in. :cigar

At one stage they were reporting 9 corners in the 1st half and I thought the bet was up. When I checked back in the second expecting it to be over they were only showing 8. It's even sweeter when you think its gone and it comes in. :cigar
Exactly. I spoke to them at half time about that and they were sure there was nine. Absolute joke.

Thanks guys. I was checking BBC on my mobile throughout the game and just assumed it was a loser untill i checked my account when i got in :beer