BBOTD Monday 10th of October

Dominium - Yarmouth 3:45 I was torn between this horse or Mosaicist but the draw and price has swayed me for this animal. High numbered stalls are favoured at Yarmouth over 6f on good ground or better and my selection comes out of Stall 13. Won over 7f at Newmarket back in July and is only 3 pounds higher now. That day it beat Avon Lady by a short head. It should love the good to firm ground tomorrow as it has a 100% record on the ground, that win at Newmarket. Last time out at Kempton it wore blinkers for the first time and looked like it was going to win the race, trading at a low of 1.25 in running so for me the step back to 6f will suit. Jeremy Gask is in decent nick and im hoping the blinkers do well again tomorrow, i think it is overpriced. E/W @ 16/1 Boylesports BOG

Re: BBOTD Monday 10th of October F.Dettori only has the two rides at Salisbury and will be waiting around for almost 2 hours from his first ride till his 2nd and last ride, so i'll take a punt. His ride in Race 5 on the card has not been seen for over 450 days but could return anything today. He was 2nd in a class 1 race so he should be good enough to get Competitive in today's class 3 Am pretty sure Mr Dettori will be hanging around for would could be, a good thing. Salisbury 4:30 - Ecliptic. 1pt win @ 3/1 Boylesports. Bang Tidy.

Re: BBOTD Monday 10th of October 1:50 Yarmouth - Shaleek - Back Ran a very pleasing debut when only narrowly denied at this track on debut. C&d form usually holds up pretty well at Yarmouth and he is clearly the form pick here. Big chance to break the maiden tag at only the 2nd time of asking 1pt win @ SP

Re: BBOTD Monday 10th of October 15:15 Yarmouth Little Jimmy Odsox Win (6,00) Bet365 The newcommer, got a great start to his career on turf. He won is maiden at Doncaster and has since then improved nicely. Little Jimmy Odsox latest win was at AW in Wolverhampton and he gets 3lb extra for that. That might not be enough to keep him back at field and on a distance he won at twice, whit a simular going, he is certainly among the favorits. Little Jimmy Odsox latest form. 1-1-3-2-1 The jockey David Allan gets his fifth race on the 3 year old. He and trainer Easterby have benefited from each other this season. They won 11,9 % and placed in 35,5 % of their races.

Re: BBOTD Monday 10th of October 16:40 Windsor Quite a decent handicap for a Monday afternoon at Windsor and although it may turn out that Walter Swinburn’s SHOOTING LINE requires soft ground to be seen at his best, I’m not convinced that he can’t act on a quicker surface and I’m expecting a much improved performance today over this 1m2f trip. The selection showed a moderate amount of ability in two maidens in 2010 before not being seen for eight months, making his reappearance on soft ground at Windsor and winning by four lengths. Although flattered by that winning distance as there was some serious trouble in behind, it showed that he was a decent animal, and to me, open to winning a nice race at some point. Allotted a mark of 85, he about ran to that rating in a Kempton handicap over a mile, although screamed to every man and his dog that he needed further. He got exactly that on his last start at Sandown and was sent off a 9/2 chance, so a better run was expected than he actually delivered. I’m not sure you should judge him too harshly on that effort though as he was keen early and it was an extremely strange race, with an uneven gallop and the front two staying exactly that throughout. Today he continues over 1m2f and has the visor applied for the first time which should help him to settle and bring about a little bit of improvement. There’s likely going to be a sounder gallop on with potential pacesetters including Lucky Legs and Arabian Heights alongside plenty of horses who like to sit prominently which can only be of help to my selection. He’s been dropped 2lbs in the weights since Sandown and with the very useful Adam Beschizza (1/3 for the yard) being able to take off a handy 3lbs, he looks attractively handicapped off effectively a mark of 79 in this kind of race, especially with the Walter Swinburn stable going well in the latter stages of the season. My obvious concern is the ground as it’s going to be pretty quick. He’s unproven on faster surfaces but I’m going to give the benefit of the doubt as his sire’s progeny do fine on quicker ground and Shooting Line siblings have winning form on fast ground too. It’s a chance but one I’m willing to take, especially as I think he could be 7-8lbs in front of the handicapper when getting a sound pace over this trip. He should get this today and can go very well at a double figure price. Medium win stakes as I think he’ll either win well, or finish dead last (probably due to the ground if that occurs). SHOOTING LINE; 3pts Win @ 12/1 Ladbrokes (bog)

Re: BBOTD Monday 10th of October 3:15 Yarmouth - Drift And Dream - 1pt @ 17/2 (VC) A strong 6f contest in the offing here with 14 runner set to go to post but it usually pays to race out of the higher numbered stalls here over this trip and therefore I'm taking a chance on Drift And Dream to bounce back to winning ways from stall 8. Things haven't went to plan for Chris Wall's 4 year old filly, as he reported that she had a few niggles throughout the past year and that explains why she wasn't seen back on the track until late August. Drift And Dream has run on three occasions since coming back this year, with improvement coming with each run. She comes here as one of the fresher animals in the race and connections now make an interesting move by returning her to 6f. In a 12 race career so far, Chris Wall's filly has only run over this distance once (also ran over 5½f once), and that was her second career outing in which she was too free to get involved. There's every chance that she'll be seeing out the trip on this easy track without any trouble, after all her best outings have come over the stiff 5f at Sandown - where she has won twice from 6 races. With the new whip rules being enforced around the country today, backing those who travel strongly may pay dividends and that's a comment that can certainly be applied to Drift And Dream, as she's a lovely mover when getting her favoured fast ground. Today's conditions should be just about fast enough for her and with a decent pace likely, she looks to be the one to side with. She's well-handicapped (runs off last winning mark), goes at the course (won on debut here over 5f) and has the capable Neil Callan on board for the first time, which looks like an interesting booking. Chris Wall's horses are going a lot better of late too, as his string just weren't performing in the early part of the season. This looks to be the time to catch his runners and the same comment could apply to Drift And Dream, as she's one of the better treated animals in this race. Wall also has a cracking record at the course, with 19% of his runners winning here in the past 5 years and he's had 5 winners from just 30 runners at the course in 2011 - which is especially impressive given how poorly his early-season runners were going. This isn't a race to be overly confident about anything but 17/2 about this animal represents value and if she's back to her best (shaped very well last twice), she really should get involved. Small win stakes for me and hopefully she could oblige. Alan McCabe's lightly-raced 3 year old, Levitate (12/1), may be worth having a little bet on too.

Re: BBOTD Monday 10th of October 1630 salisbury ecliptic 1 pt win sp although he has not run for 458 days,al zarooni should have it ready, one win from 3 starts ,which was over 7 furlongs on good ground,beaten a neck by king torus in a group 2 on its last run,this looks the ideal chance to regain winning ways

Re: BBOTD Monday 10th of October Y4.50 Adaria 0.5pt E/W 16/1 Boylesports The horse hasn't quite got the speed over 7 furlongs over which it's been racing recently but a return to a mile off a handicap mark that's in freefall looks just the ticket. The horse is still relatively raced and was placed off a 15lb higher mark as recently as this summer so clearly has the ability to win off such a lowly mark as todays. The trainer has only sent 2 horses to the track and one of those was placed. Ian Mongan takes over in the saddle for the first time.

Re: BBOTD Monday 10th of October 240 Yar: Vociferous (2/1 Bet365, PP) Mark Johnston is in terrific form and sends this one out under a penalty after having won by 10 lengths at Southwell on the AW. Has ran ok on turf so not worried about switching back to that surface here. The obvious key is the step up in trip and he looks a stayer and this 10f trip could see even more improvement.

Re: BBOTD Monday 10th of October 2.30 Windsor - 1pt win Tartiflette @ 10/1 (Bet365) Ed McMahon is very capable of readying a newcomer, and has a 20% strike rate with his 2yos at Windsor. This horse is very much bred to be a good sprinter at 2 and should know her job right from the outset. She has a fair draw and her trainer is going well at the moment with Graham Gibbons 1-2 at the track.

Re: BBOTD Monday 10th of October Salisbury 5.00 1pt win Spanish Pride 5/2 PP This filly has been disappointing so far this year but I'm willing to forgive her as there were excuses. Back over 1m 1f today and as a half brother to Spanish Duke hopefully she can get back to winning ways. Stable in good form over the last few days and Jimmy Fortune on board. This doesn't look the strongest race so I'll take a chance at the price.