England > Weekend > League 1 > 15-16 October

Spooner

Saturday 15 October 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Brentford v Scunthorpe United (15:00 BST) 2.1 3.3 2.9 112.40 %
maximize.gif Chesterfield v Notts County (15:00 BST) 2.37 3.3 2.62 110.50 %
maximize.gif Exeter City v Huddersfield Town (15:00 BST) 3.4 3.4 1.9 111.20 %
maximize.gif Hartlepool United v Wycombe Wanderers (15:00 BST) 1.8 3.4 3.75 111.63 %
maximize.gif Leyton Orient v Bury (15:00 BST) 2.02 3.3 3.2 111.06 %
maximize.gif Milton Keynes Dons v AFC Bournemouth (15:00 BST) 1.72 3.6 4 110.67 %
maximize.gif Rochdale v Colchester United (15:00 BST) 2.4 3.3 2.94 105.98 %
maximize.gif Stevenage v Charlton Athletic (15:00 BST) 2.87 3.3 2.2 110.54 %
maximize.gif Tranmere Rovers v Oldham Athletic (15:00 BST) 2.1 3.3 3 111.26 %
maximize.gif Walsall v Preston North End (15:00 BST) 3 3.3 2.1 111.26 %
maximize.gif Yeovil Town v Carlisle United (15:00 BST) 2.5 3.3 2.5 110.30 %
Sunday 16 October 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Sheffield United v Sheffield Wednesday (12:00 BST) 2.25 3.3 3.5 103.32 %

Re: England > Weekend > League 1 > 15-16 October Off topic slightly, but I've been looking at the top goalscorer market and see Ashley Grimes is a widespread 25/1, which looks a decent EW price. Rochdale do concede, but they are a front-foot side who create plenty of chances and are improving. There are some dangerous players in the list but with five goals in the bag already he looks a sporting play if he hits the kind of form he showed for a generally poor Lincoln side last season.

Re: England > Weekend > League 1 > 15-16 October Notts AH0 2.01 Pinnacle 4/10 Fair odds here. Chesterfield is mediocre at home (2-2-2, 6:5 goals) and failed to impress recently by losing vs. Colchester 0-1. Considering they scored 4 from 6 home goals against Carlisle, they don´t seem to be too dangerous. Notts lost only against top5 and beat opposition they had to beat...I agree that their away stats don´t look too impressive at first sight, but they had to play tough teams and lost (Preston, Sheff. Wednesday, MK Dons). Away they beat Stevenage and Carlisle and drew at Exeter (the only draw so far), so I assume they should get something from that match...21 goals scored shows that they have enough firepower... PS: I know that last week they lost 1-3 vs. Chesterfield in the JPT, but everyone knows about this competition. And for my bet I hope it was a warning to them...

Re: England > Weekend > League 1 > 15-16 October

Notts AH0 2.01 Pinnacle 4/10 Fair odds here. Chesterfield is mediocre at home (2-2-2, 6:5 goals) and failed to impress recently by losing vs. Colchester 0-1. Considering they scored 4 from 6 home goals against Carlisle, they don´t seem to be too dangerous. Notts lost only against top5 and beat opposition they had to beat...I agree that their away stats don´t look too impressive at first sight, but they had to play tough teams and lost (Preston, Sheff. Wednesday, MK Dons). Away they beat Stevenage and Carlisle and drew at Exeter (the only draw so far), so I assume they should get something from that match...21 goals scored shows that they have enough firepower... PS: I know that last week they lost 1-3 vs. Chesterfield in the JPT, but everyone knows about this competition. And for my bet I hope it was a warning to them...
I believe notts county fielded a weakened team for JPT due to not wanting it. So il back notts C also on current form

Re: England > Weekend > League 1 > 15-16 October Surely Huddersfield are worth taking @ 5/6 - Bet365 ? With a 40-odd game unbeaten streak, it would be a big surprise if they lost to bottom of the table Exeter, who already look like major relegation candidates, 6 goals scored in 12 games doesnt look too much like threatening the best defence in the league. I personally think Huddersfield's record will come to an end very soon, they have drawn half of there 12 league games so far but i can see them stretching it for atleast another week here.

Re: England > Weekend > League 1 > 15-16 October Huddersfield AH + 0.5 (1.23) and Leyton Orient Draw No Bet (1.61) Double @ 1.98 (Bet365) Hudds obviously on their amazing unbeaten run and I don't see it ending at the bottom side. Home and away form is very good at the moment, their last three away's reading Sheff United 3-0, MK Dons 1-1 and Brentford 4-0. Exeter decidely average recently, a solitary win at home against Oldham all they have to show in their last seven games. No injury problems for either team. Orient looked to have turned a corner, coming back from 2-0 down with five to play to draw at Huddersfield, beating Preston at home and Scunthorpe away. Bury in decent form too, holding MK Dons at home, winning at Yeovil and beating Exeter, but the Brisbane Road fans have been starved of good home days so far this season, and I fancy their side to deliver. Ben Chorley, Jimmy Smith and George Porter possible absences for the home team, but I think they'll still be OK.

Re: England > Weekend > League 1 > 15-16 October Walsall v Preston North End Preston - 2.2 William Hill Walsall are pretty shocking, they have not won in 2 months which is 8 games. They struggle to score goals having only scored 12 since the start of the season. They seem to be lacking in flair and pace, their main striker Jon Macken is out tommorow nursing a hamstring injury which is a massive blow as he makes things happen for them. The players are completely lacking in confidence also. Walsall seem to like playing the long ball game and without any target man playing upfront for them tommorow I can see Clarke Carlisle sweeping them balls up all day long. Preston have bags of ability all over the park for this division. They did lose last time out at Leyton Orient, however I feel that is a one stop gap as they have too much quality to go 2 deafeated. They had been on their best run since 1964. I just feel Walsall will not be able to cope with PNE's technicallity.

Walsall v Preston North End Preston - 2.2 William Hill Walsall are pretty shocking, they have not won in 2 months which is 8 games. They struggle to score goals having only scored 12 since the start of the season. They seem to be lacking in flair and pace, their main striker Jon Macken is out tommorow nursing a hamstring injury which is a massive blow as he makes things happen for them. The players are completely lacking in confidence also. Walsall seem to like playing the long ball game and without any target man playing upfront for them tommorow I can see Clarke Carlisle sweeping them balls up all day long. Preston have bags of ability all over the park for this division. They did lose last time out at Leyton Orient, however I feel that is a one stop gap as they have too much quality to go 2 deafeated. They had been on their best run since 1964. I just feel Walsall will not be able to cope with PNE's technicallity.
Looks like a solid bet to me. Stuck the £20 returns from the Astra game back on to this. Good luck :hope

Re: England > Weekend > League 1 > 15-16 October HARTLEPOOL v Wycombe HARTLEPOOL -0.5 @ 1.95 SBObet After a run of 9 games without defeat at the start of the season, Hartlepool have lost their last 2 matches against two of the stronger sides in this League, Sheff Wed and Notts Co. I fully expect Pools to bounce back to form with a home win here against a very limited Wycombe side who already look primed for a season-long relegation battle. I made Hartlepool 1.75, and I think that 1.95 or thereabouts represents decent value. MK DONS v Bournmouth MK DONS -0.5 & -1.0 @ 1.96 SBObet Mk Dons are also aiming to bounce back to form after losing their last match in torrential rain and strong winds away at Oldham. The Dons have already shown themselves to be one of the strongest teams in this league with some really impressive performances, and an easy-on-the-eye quick passing style. I fully expect them to bounce back to form at the expence of a poor Bournmouth side, who have injuries problems for this one, and have generally struggled against the stronger sides in this league (only away wins to date were at the bottom tow sides, Exeter and L Orient). I made MK Dons 1.57 for this one, but as I think they may well win by 2 or more goals, I have gone the -0.5 & -1.0 route.

Re: England > Weekend > League 1 > 15-16 October I think Bury are value to get the 3 points away at Orient. Orient leak goals at a shocking rate due to having injuries to no less than 3 of their goalkeepers and the lad on loan from Spurs is only just coming back to fitness now. Bury were performing very well up until a couple of weeks ago but still sit comfortably above the O's in the league who themselves were rock bottom until a dramatic turn around in form about 2 weeks ago. Last season saw a win for Bury 2-0 in the same fixture and Orient have again been abysmal at home thus far this season. Bury look a massive price for me.

I think Bury are value to get the 3 points away at Orient. Orient leak goals at a shocking rate due to having injuries to no less than 3 of their goalkeepers and the lad on loan from Spurs is only just coming back to fitness now. Bury were performing very well up until a couple of weeks ago but still sit comfortably above the O's in the league who themselves were rock bottom until a dramatic turn around in form about 2 weeks ago. Last season saw a win for Bury 2-0 in the same fixture and Orient have again been abysmal at home thus far this season. Bury look a massive price for me.
Bury weren't even in the same league as Orient last year and didn't play them in any of the cups so don't know where you are getting that 2-0 win from.

Re: England > Weekend > League 1 > 15-16 October Event Brentford - Scunthorpe Selection 0 Brentford (Asian-handicap) Strength 10/10 Date 15/10/2011 Bookmaker/Price 10bet @ 1.70 Reasoning The hosts on 8th to face 16th Scunthorpe team. After good start of the season Brentford a litlle bit lose the control,the situation is also dissapointing concidering they performance at home ground.last victory came on 20.8 against Leyton Orient and now they will try to bounce back.Scunthorpe is a solid team but Brentfordis a way better.What is very important for the home team is that Niall McGinn and Marcus Bean return to the squad.On the other side Scunthorpe will welcome back a trio of players from international duty but all three have returned unscathed and could feature. Also Scunthorpe has some other problems with the squad so they will rotate alot.I think Brentford is a favourite here on all fields. So this is my choice.

Huddersfield AH + 0.5 (1.23) and Leyton Orient Draw No Bet (1.61) Double @ 1.98 (Bet365) Hudds obviously on their amazing unbeaten run and I don't see it ending at the bottom side. Home and away form is very good at the moment, their last three away's reading Sheff United 3-0, MK Dons 1-1 and Brentford 4-0. Exeter decidely average recently, a solitary win at home against Oldham all they have to show in their last seven games. No injury problems for either team. Orient looked to have turned a corner, coming back from 2-0 down with five to play to draw at Huddersfield, beating Preston at home and Scunthorpe away. Bury in decent form too, holding MK Dons at home, winning at Yeovil and beating Exeter, but the Brisbane Road fans have been starved of good home days so far this season, and I fancy their side to deliver. Ben Chorley, Jimmy Smith and George Porter possible absences for the home team, but I think they'll still be OK.
4-0, 1-0 :)

Bury weren't even in the same league as Orient last year and didn't play them in any of the cups so don't know where you are getting that 2-0 win from.
Apologies. I dont know where i've got that from. I was typing from memory from what id read in the RFO. Just checked it now and it states the last meeting between the two ended up as a 1-0 win for Bury. Sorry for the mistake.

Walsall v Preston North End Preston - 2.2 William Hill Walsall are pretty shocking, they have not won in 2 months which is 8 games. They struggle to score goals having only scored 12 since the start of the season. They seem to be lacking in flair and pace, their main striker Jon Macken is out tommorow nursing a hamstring injury which is a massive blow as he makes things happen for them. The players are completely lacking in confidence also. Walsall seem to like playing the long ball game and without any target man playing upfront for them tommorow I can see Clarke Carlisle sweeping them balls up all day long. Preston have bags of ability all over the park for this division. They did lose last time out at Leyton Orient, however I feel that is a one stop gap as they have too much quality to go 2 deafeated. They had been on their best run since 1964. I just feel Walsall will not be able to cope with PNE's technicallity.
Walsall 1 - 0 PNE Really shocked! :eek

Surely Huddersfield are worth taking @ 5/6 - Bet365 ? With a 40-odd game unbeaten streak, it would be a big surprise if they lost to bottom of the table Exeter, who already look like major relegation candidates, 6 goals scored in 12 games doesnt look too much like threatening the best defence in the league. I personally think Huddersfield's record will come to an end very soon, they have drawn half of there 12 league games so far but i can see them stretching it for atleast another week here.
Easy 4-0 win :)