BBOTD 8th of October

Red Anthem - Newmarket 3:50 Big field of 34 go to post and i cant but help think this is overpriced, of course its a big shot in the dark in such a big field. Looks like more of a stayer and it is stepping up to 2m2f for the first time tomorrow. Its only win came over 1m7f in France and after that it ran a fine race stepped up to 2m and the longer trip again will suit. Had its first run in Britain for Gerard Butler on its last outing, but that was over 1m2f and im sure they were just blowing the cobwebs away that day, it is far too short for it. Now stripping fitter and off an ok mark, i think it has plenty in its favour tomorrow (trip, ground, unexposed, should be fitter, good draw) and comes out of Stall 5. At 50/1 i think its worth a crack! WIN @ 50/1 VC BOG

BBOTD - Sat 8th October 3.50 Newmarket Ermyn Lodge - ran a cracker from a prominent racing position in Ascot Stakes over 2m4f which suggested he'd get this shorter trip. Was beaten by Veiled that day and reopposes him again here and looks the better price and draw of the two. The fancy prices went when the draw was made and when put up in the RP this morning but loves fast ground and trainer has been very bullish. Mongan replaces Turner in the saddle, another big plus. 16/1 Bet 365, 1 pt win

Re: BBOTD 8th of October Going with a horse that was my BBOTD back on the 01/01/2011 at Cheltenham. He won that day and beat the very well thought after Cinders and Ashes, he hovever never made the festival due to a cough but trainer Mr Roger Charlton has been running him as most will know over the flat. He always comes crusing and if asked the question also has a great turn of foot if anybody wants to get into battle. Sure he has a poor draw but he should cut through the field like a knife through butter around 2/3f out and it would be a shock if he's not in the top three home. Jockey Jamie Spencer has rode him his last 2 runs but cant make the ride due to other commitments, however youl not find a better man in the plate than the ice man himself, Sir Richard Hughes. And just another small point, Richard Hughes could have one hell of a day at HQ so you heard it here on dis site first. Newmarket 3:50 - KEYS. 0.5 e/w bet. 15 yipp 15/1 @ Hills. Enjoy your Saturday men, at ease, fall out.

Re: BBOTD 8th of October 16:05 York Sirius Prospect Win (10,00) Bet365 In this 20 horse race, Sirius Prospect are looking to complete his hattrick. He have been in amazing form lately whit 3 wins in the last 4 starts. All of those win was at the same distance. His succes got him 7lb up, but it might take more to break the optimism surrounding this gelding. There are some great horses in the field and Sirius Prospect need to get a good start, if he want to succed. Internationaldebut are alsow looking to continue, his winning form. Sirius Prospect recent form. 2-1-0-1-1. The jockey Shane Kelly gets his 4th race on Sirius Prospect.

Re: BBOTD 8th of October Y4.05 Kaldoun Kingdom 0.5pt E/W 22/1 Victor Chandler This one looks to have been targeted for the race and has run some really good races over c&d including when winning this race 2 years ago. That was off only a 2lb higher mark than today and the horse has been victorious off a 4lb higher mark than today. The horses last few runs have been on ground softer than ideal and if the rain stays away it looks to have an excellent chance. It's an open race but the price looks too big to ignore.

Re: BBOTD 8th of October 4.05 York Joe Packet win @ 18/1 VC Bet Think this horse can still be competitive off his new mark, especially with the jockey taking off 3lbs. This is hugely competitive but I think the return to this distance will suit this horse. Ground will be no problem and he looks to have as good a chance as any.

Re: BBOTD 8th of October 3:50 Beyond @ Newmarket - Been in great form with 5 wins from 9 runs so far in its career.Won well over a shorter trip LTO and looks as though it has been trained to go for this race by a yard that have been very succesful in the past in this race.Good jockey booking and can go close at a good price 0.5 pt e/w @ 14/1 Ladbrokes

Re: BBOTD 8th of October Premio Loco 17:35 Newmarket 1 pt win 14/1 sky bet Good race last time out in a group 2 when 2nd behind Ransome Note with Poets Voice just behind was short of room that day a couple of furlongs out, but stayed on strongly so think the extra furlong will suit, the going looks ideal as well. Should find todays company much easier with the biggest danger Sri Putra.:)

Re: BBOTD 8th of October 3:10 Newmarket - Red Duke - 1pt @ 14/1 (Bet365) John Quinn looks to have a future Group 1 winner on his hands in the form of Red Duke and his talented juvenile can give Tom Eaves his second win at the top level in the space of a week. Things will have to be run very much to suit, as this fellow definitely wants a strong gallop to run after but that does look likely to occur here. He was beaten last twice in races that hadn't went his way but previous to that he was a nice winner over this trip on the July course. It seems as if a stiff test is needed for an animal who looks sure to excel over further than this trip and the return to Newmarket is no bad thing at all. I have my doubts about many of the market leaders and John Quinn's charge looks a bit overpriced at 14/1. Small win bet for me and hopefully he'll have things to his liking.

Re: BBOTD 8th of October

Red Anthem - Newmarket 3:50 Big field of 34 go to post and i cant but help think this is overpriced, of course its a big shot in the dark in such a big field. Looks like more of a stayer and it is stepping up to 2m2f for the first time tomorrow. Its only win came over 1m7f in France and after that it ran a fine race stepped up to 2m and the longer trip again will suit. Had its first run in Britain for Gerard Butler on its last outing, but that was over 1m2f and im sure they were just blowing the cobwebs away that day, it is far too short for it. Now stripping fitter and off an ok mark, i think it has plenty in its favour tomorrow (trip, ground, unexposed, should be fitter, good draw) and comes out of Stall 5. At 50/1 i think its worth a crack! WIN @ 50/1 VC BOG
Would like to change my Nap BH, cheers... Mount Athos - Newmarket 3:50 8th in the Ebor last time out and dropped a pound for that. Ran very well over this trip at Chester back in May when 4th to Overturn in the Chester Cup, has a good draw in 9, has a very good record on the ground with 3 wins and 1 place from 6 runs and i dont think Wachman is bringing him over to make up the numbers. E/W @ 18/1 Hills BOG

Re: BBOTD 8th of October 3.50 Newmarket Abergavenny has obviously been primed for this and looks to have a good chance based on his hurdling form. Stamina should not be an issue and the stable is going really well. Well handicapped now and should go very close if ridden more prominently. 1 Pt win 20/1 Bet365

Re: BBOTD 8th of October 15:50 Newmarket Keys has a poor draw to contend with but I'm sure he's the best horse at the weights today. Whether he'll get the breaks is questionable but I'm extremely hopeful of him making the frame, as he's essentially a Group horse in a handicap. Further progression is likely after an interrupted build-up and I wasn't expecting the double figure price he is. The small amount of rain they've had overnight won't hinder in the slightest and if he gets the breaks, he'll go well. Keys; EW @ 15/1 Bet365 (bog)

Re: BBOTD 8th of October Chepstow 5.50 Bellflower Boy win - 9/1 WH Bellflower Boy ran a very strange race at Cheltenham when last seen. Didn't travel at all, but then came with a winning chance 3 out. Blundered the 2nd last when tiring and finished 3rd. Very lazy horse, but talented and freshened up, he could go well here.

Re: BBOTD 8th of October 445 Chepstow: Domtaline (11/10 Skybet) Didnt this this horse would be available at odds against in this company and fancy him to bounce back to form for Nicholls and Walsh. He was so impressive at this meeting last year and then ran below par at Wetherby which some horses do. Had every chance when coming down next time at Newbury in a good race and has been put away since then. Looks a smart horse and should be able to take care of this lot.

Re: BBOTD 8th of October 14.50 York - Electra Star 7/2 Bet365 1pt win Was improving well until running in listed event LTO. Plenty of pace in the race today which might mean some of these go off quickly this will definitely suit the selections hold up style. Jock has won 2 from 3. My main worry would be if the rain comes

Re: BBOTD 8th of October 3:50 Newmarket: Beyond 1pt win 14/1 Bet365 Martin Pipe had an excellent record in this race and it looks like David has a fine chance to folow in his fathers footsteps here. Beyond has only raced once on turf but that was a comfortable victory at Sandown where he pulled clear of Red Kestrel. With loads of scope to improve for racing and this extra distance he could get in the shake up from a low draw and the assistance of William Buick.

Re: BBOTD 8th of October 2.35 Newmarket Arnold Lane ew @ 125/1 Stan James This seems a stiff task but the price appeals. Stable coming into a bit of form and thisone is a bit better than his bare form suggests. Needs fast ground which he will get today an could make the frame here.

Re: BBOTD 8th of October 2:05 Newmarket - Strong Suit - back Has always looked like a very good horse but had often come up a little short. Then came his run lto, where he absolutely hosed up. He left the impression that he is a horse going places and he could very well follow up here. Chachamaidee looks the obvious threat but he often just finds one too good at this level 1pt win @ 6/4 Hills BOG

Re: BBOTD 8th of October 3.50 Newmarket - 1pt win Sentry Duty @ 15/1 (Bet365) - BOG Sentry Duty is a horse who has always gone well fresh, and it appears to me that connections have this one lined up for this race having had a promising 'prep' run before taking a little bit of time off the track to ensure his wellbeing is perfect for today. Useful in both codes, this horse is rated 149 over hurdles, and showed some promise last time out at Goodwood over 14f. He looks well treated on last year's possibly unlucky 6th (beaten less than 5l) off a mark 5lbs higher than what he contests off today. Jonny Murtagh is a good jockey booking and this horse's record when fresh reads 4110169. The 4 came on his hurdling debut, the 0 and the 9 came in Grade 1 hurdle races, and the 6 last year's Cesarewitch. He looks set to run a good race seen as he is proven under the conditions, and a big run is expected.

Re: BBOTD 8th of October

16:05 York Sirius Prospect Win (10,00) Bet365 In this 20 horse race, Sirius Prospect are looking to complete his hattrick. He have been in amazing form lately whit 3 wins in the last 4 starts. All of those win was at the same distance. His succes got him 7lb up, but it might take more to break the optimism surrounding this gelding. There are some great horses in the field and Sirius Prospect need to get a good start, if he want to succed. Internationaldebut are alsow looking to continue, his winning form. Sirius Prospect recent form. 2-1-0-1-1. The jockey Shane Kelly gets his 4th race on Sirius Prospect.
Very well done, great post :ok

Re: BBOTD 8th of October Dux Scholar Newmarket 5.35 1pt Win 5/2 PP Out all day and missed the 3/1 available earlier. I'd be very disappointed if Dux Scholar didn't have a race of this nature in him. He has form with some really smart horses this year and was not beaten far by the likes of Green Destiny. Think the extra furlong on soft ground last time was against him last time out and hopefully he can make amends today with Moore back on board.