** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Euro 2012 Qualifiers > 7-8 October

Re: the stadium, yeah Ireland requested it to be played in Barcelona however Uefa turned it down on the basis that the other teams in the group had played in Andorra itself. I am fairly certain that the capacity is just 1,100, heard it on a podcast this morning. Win or lose, think it is a good bet. Cheers

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifiers > 7-8 October Hi, guys. This is my first post here. I've come up with the following accumulator for today: Slovakia - Russia Under 3 @ 1.325 Croatia 0.0,+0.5 @ 1.575 Romania @ 1.53 Portugal HT/FT @ 1.3 Ireland to win to nil @ 1.4 Bet365 This makes a total of 5.82. As I see, enough has been said already about the Croatia and Romania games, but what do you think about my Portugal and Slovakia - Russia pics? They seem pretty straight forward, considering the defensive mentallity for Russia in such games and the lack of goals in Slovakia, as for Portugal, with Ronaldo and Nani up front and in form, an early lead is highly likely. But the low odds in these two games could mess my accumulator badly if something goes wrong. :cow

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifiers > 7-8 October

:lol:lol:lol Jesus Christ, you would want to be staking like 1,000 quid just to make 30 quid? To me a pointless bet but i cant judge on how someone else bets :lol I was going to say best of luck, but dont think you need luck for this bet :lol
:lol Just the way I work. I'm happier backing something like this than say sticking £30 on a longshot at evens.

Re: the stadium, yeah Ireland requested it to be played in Barcelona however Uefa turned it down on the basis that the other teams in the group had played in Andorra itself. I am fairly certain that the capacity is just 1,100, heard it on a podcast this morning. Win or lose, think it is a good bet. Cheers
It's 1,800. Watched the last match there with Armenia and although the away team looked dangerous, it took a stunner to open the scoring, I think on thirty-five minutes. I'd be happy with a goal on nineteen ;)

:lol It is a very good price though IMO, 1.03 for Ireland DNB.
Dont forget there is a 5% commission, on a bet like this is a big margin taken off at the end! And lets not forget strange strange things have happened in football...

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifiers > 7-8 October My 8x1 bet:- Turkey vs Germany DNB Serbia vs Italy DNB Montengreo vs England DNB Holland vs San Marino DNB France vs Albania DNB Bosnia vs Luxembourg DNB Portugal vs Iceland DNB Belgium vs Kazakhstan DNB Bet365, overall odds 5.13. The critical matches are obviously Germany and Italy. I am not worried about England and can't imagine the rest losing at home. Could have included Uruguay, too.

Hi, guys. This is my first post here.
My 8x1 bet:- Bet365, overall odds 5.13. The critical matches are obviously Germany and Italy. I am not worried about England and can't imagine the rest losing at home. Could have included Uruguay, too.
:welcome to PL :ok This thread is generally for reasoned discussion surrounding picks. Accumulator bets without reasoning can be posted here http://forum.punterslounge.com/f6/weekend-bets-thread-7th-10th-october-122272/ :ok

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifiers > 7-8 October Right, sorry for this, as that was my first post. On qualified Germany and Italy, I won't expect both of them being able to win, but definitely not teams to be bet against. The full team approaches by both coaches indicate that they do not want to throw games away, at least on paper. England would not slip up under Capello. Whether or not they will replicate the same stability in the final rounds, we have to see. The rest are just multiplicative lines. I don't see any of them would slip up, except for Portugal and possibly Bosnia.

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifiers > 7-8 October Slovakia v Russia I think this may be a real tight affair. Russia know all they need is a point and they may be slightly defensive tonight. The reverse leg saw Slovakia win 1-0 in Russia and i forsee another low-scoring game tonight. I think Russia are going to defend well and see out a scoreless 0-0 draw against a poor Slovak attack. 0-0 Draw @ 8/1 Ladbrokes

Fully agree with this. We see it very often at club level, where a team has to win, or get a result, is underpriced when facing a superior team with "nothing to play for". A bet I like to play in this scenario is to take the superior team to get goals, say over 1.5 and over 2.5. The prices are really juicy as they are obviously derived from the inflated match odds. The thinking behind the goals is that if the superior team takes the lead, or the game remains a draw heading into the 2nd half in a "must win" scenario, the opponent gets increasing desperate to score. And as a result they get exposed as the back. Further, should the superior team score again, their opponents begin to realise that their dreams are over and stop playing and may get picked off again. I made very decent money on this on the last day of the English league season. A few examples: Southampton 3-1 Walsall (Southampton already up, Walsall fighting the drop) Southampton o1.5gl @1.67 Southampton o2.5gl @3.3 Peterboro 5 - 0 Dagenham (P'boro in play-offs already, Dagenham fighting relegation) P'boro o1.5gl @1.73 P'boro o2.5gl @3.5 Lincoln 0 - 3 Aldershot (Lincoln fighting relegation, Aldershot mid-table) Don't have the prices for this unfortunately Based on this thinking I came up with the following shortlist, and the prices look very juicy. Other prices that caught my eye were "To Score in Both Halves" : Turkey V Germany Germany SIBH @3.6 Germany o1.5 @2.1 Germany o2.5 @5.0 Slovakia V Russia Russia SIBH @4.5 Russia o1.5 @2.875 Russia o2.5 @7.0 Montenegro V England England SIBH @3.0 England o1.5 @1.91 England o2.5 @4.3 Czech Rep V Spain Spain SIBH @3.0 Spain o1.5 @2.0 Spain o2.5 @4.5 I am wary of Russia as they would be happy with a point. But I think all four teams carry plenty of goal threat, and may look to combine these in some way. Perhaps pick 2 games and do the cross doubles All opinions welcome :ok
Ok so been considering this over the last few days, and a few things have impacted my confidence: - I obviously mis-read the Montenegro situation, and now that they are resting players with a view to a make or break game on Tuesday, I will leave it as there is no enhanced value in England goals from a "must win/nothing to play for" scenario. - German team news could be very important with doubts around Klose & Gomez. - Spain will be rotating players, and no Fabregas or Iniesta I won't be around later to get line-ups etc, so have decided to just play the following with small stakes Russia o1.5 @2.875 Russia o2.5 @7.0 Germany o1.5 @2.0 Germany o2.5 @4.33 Spain o1.5 @2.0 Spain o2.5 @4.33 12 x doubles & 8 trebles with Corals (2 pts total stake) Also, just a single because the price is so good (best elsewhere is 4.33): 1pt Germany o2.5 @5.2 Sporting Bet :hope

Andorra V Ireland - Time of 1st Goal after 18th min A very tough card today. But one I might play is in the Andorra V Ireland game. Andorra are poor, don't think anyone will disagree with that. They are however, fairly dogged, especially at home where they are rarely hammered. Their home record so far in this campaign is: L 0-3 v Armenia (ToFG 35 min) L 0-1 v Slovakia (ToFG 21 min) L 0-2 v Macedonia (ToFG 42 min) L 0-2 V Russia (ToFG 14 min) Even away from home, they held out fairly well in their last 2 games: L 0-1 v Macedonia (ToFG 59 min) L 0-1 v Slovakia ToFG 63 min) Trap has named a full strength team for this, with no fewer than 6 of the starting 11 carrying yellow cards, and face the threat of missing next Tuesday's crunch game v Armenia should they be booked. Therefore I do not envisage them flying into every tackle from the off, which should lead to a fairly slow start. In addition, Ireland lack much creativity going forward. Anyone that seen the Slovakia or Russia games recently will understand this. Another factor is the pitch, which is supposed to be very bobbly. Obviously Ireland are not slick passing Spain, however I think it may take a bit of getting used to. In addition, the Andorans have cut the pitch to the smallest dimensions possible in an attempt to keep the space to a minimum. Finally, it is fair to expect a muted atmosphere. The stadium capacity is just 1,100, and I understand just 80 people turned up to a recent fixture. Most Ireland fans expected the game to be in Barcelona, and so have based themselves there. I am not sure how many will make the journey to Andorra, which is about a 3 hr bus ride. William Hill go just 1.4 that the first goal comes in the 16th min or after, so 1.83 with Blue Square on after the 17th min looks good enough to me. Although unlikely, the Blue Square bet also includes 0-0. 2pts Time of First Goal 18th min or after (or 0-0) @1.83 - Blue Square :hope
Great find mate. Looks like a lot of value in this bet. 2 unit bet for me. :hope

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifiers > 7-8 October Just a treble for me tonight, Spain 5/6, Germany 6/5, England 4/6 on bet365 Spain are playing against a poor Czech republic team in my opinion who were lucky to get a point on there match against Scotland. Spain are missing some key players although they still have too much quality for me. Germany are value at 6/5 for me here, although some key players are in doubt, They have the players to do the business against Turkey. England are going to this match for the win, on paper look the far better squad not to mention Montenegro are resting some key players for the their group decider against Switzerland. Cheers folks

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifiers > 7-8 October The odds have moved a little bit and I am willing to play this now. (3/10) Spain to beat Czech Republic @ 1.91 with Pinnacle Seriously, there is a big gap between the two sides and the Czechs will be hoping to get a draw from this desperately. The Spaniards are not playing for much, but they are fielding a very strong side it seems and they are doing that for a reason imo. The Czech attack is toothless - if Baros starts, it will be a hopeless cause, since he can't score in internationals for some reason. I would love us to win, but that is just not going to happen.

Armenia - Macedonia Here we have Armenia who have a chance to qualify from this group and Macedonia who have nothing to play for other than their pride. Macedonia is an average team and in their last 10 games they managed only 3 wins (2 against Andorra and 1 against Azerbaijan). After beating Slovakia 4-0 away Armenia will be fired up and they are normally strong at home. Armenia has some good players up front and I can see them causing problems to Macedonia and getting all 3 points. However, odds on home win are a bit short so will take them on a handicap. Armenia -1 AH @ 2.42 (2 units) Bet365
4-1. Can't believe I am happy for Armenian win :lol

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifiers > 7-8 October Slovakia vs Russia Bet365 1. Corners : Over 9.5 @ 1.85 , 3/10 2. Russia win @ 2.50 , 2/10 3. "Pinnochio" Pavlyuchenko score anytime @ 2.87 , 1/10 Good price for Russia here. Slovakia tonight play not Russia, but Zenit St. Petersburg : 6 players from Zenit are on the first line plus ex- Arshavin - too bad Kerzhakov wont play (injured). In the first leg Slovakia won 1-0, 4 of Zenit payers played. Zenit is a force in Russia, players of this club have winning mentality set by italian coach Spaletti. Adding here "Pinnochio" Pavlyuchenko on the attack, Slovakia will get to know another defeat after 0-4 with Armenia. Armenia has some players that play in Russian league, two of them scored against Hamsik & co. First place Russia wont go for attack, this game it will get 3p by efficacity. Predicted score : 0-2 Кавказ сила

Slovakia vs Russia Bet365 1. Corners : Over 9.5 @ 1.85 , 3/10 2. Russia win @ 2.50 , 2/10 3. "Pinnochio" Pavlyuchenko score anytime @ 2.87 , 1/10 Good price for Russia here. Slovakia tonight play not Russia, but Zenit St. Petersburg : 6 players from Zenit are on the first line plus ex- Arshavin - too bad Kerzhakov wont play (injured). In the first leg Slovakia won 1-0, 4 of Zenit payers played. Zenit is a force in Russia, players of this club have winning mentality set by italian coach Spaletti. Adding here "Pinnochio" Pavlyuchenko on the attack, Slovakia will get to know another defeat after 0-4 with Armenia. Armenia has some players that play in Russian league, two of them scored against Hamsik & co. First place Russia wont go for attack, this game it will get 3p by efficacity. Predicted score : 0-2 Кавказ сила
No, they play Russia, not Zenit St Petersburg. :lol I didnt see the winning mentality against Ireland.. 0-0 and ye missed 100 sitters.. :unsure

Azerbaijan - Austria Both sides score and concede goals. Last 10 games Azerbaijan played (including friendlies) produced 28 goals - 2.8 goals per game, while last 10 games Austria played produced 37 goals - 3.7 goals per game. Both teams have nothing to play for other than pride so I expect an open game here. After losing the opening fixture against Austria 0-3, Azerbaijan scored in all qualifying games, including twice against group leaders Germany. I expect goals in this game but odds on Over 2.5 Goals are short and since I can't see Austria beating us 3-0 at home I will go for both teams to score at least once. Both to Score @ 1.95 (3 units) William Hill
Second one for me today :beer

Does anyone know if Scotland have many players near to suspension and therefore wanting to avoid a yellow card? Am considering the cards market in their game.
I'm not sure of the answer, but I can tell you any Scotland player on a suspension won't be giving it a second thought tomorrow. Assuming Spain hang on tonight, a Scotland win puts them into the play-off zone. They'll play 100% with no thoughts to avoiding cards.

Just a treble for me tonight, Spain 5/6, Germany 6/5, England 4/6 on bet365 Spain are playing against a poor Czech republic team in my opinion who were lucky to get a point on there match against Scotland. Spain are missing some key players although they still have too much quality for me. Germany are value at 6/5 for me here, although some key players are in doubt, They have the players to do the business against Turkey. England are going to this match for the win, on paper look the far better squad not to mention Montenegro are resting some key players for the their group decider against Switzerland. Cheers folks
Cheers Rooney :cry

Czech Republic vs Spain I just cannot understand the price. Perhaps a victory isn't something that is a must for Spain given their 6 out of 6 wins in the qualification matches which guarantees them progress to the next round. Czech Republic on the other hand have a record of 3W 1D 2L in their 6 games played. The word is that Spain will be fielding a strong side and even if they do not, I still see Spain having too much strength for Czech Republic. I know they were not totally convincing in the reverse fixture where Spain had to come from behind to win 2-1, but once Spain got going, there was no stopping them. I just feel that at these odds, it is definitely worth a go against an unconvincing Czech Republic side. 4pts Spain to win @ 1.83 Victor Chandler
:nana
Montenegro vs England England have played a total of 7 Euro 2012 qualification games. There has been Under 10.5 corners in all 7 games including the reverse fixture England vs Montenegro. Do not see why this should change this time around. Sticking to the trend. 8pts Under 10.5 Corners @ 1.60 StanJames
:nana Was a bit lucky on the corner bet, but thankfully there was only 10 corners. +8.12pts on the night :beer:beer Gratz to all other winners! :clap:clap

Holland - Moldova I don't think I am the only one who thinks that Holland will be too good for Moldova. I expect comfortable win for Holland and expect Moldova to defend for entire match in order to avoid embarrassment. I think Holland is capable of scoring at least 3 goals here so price on overs looks really good. Serbia - Italy Italy did really well during this qualifiers. They won 7 and drawn 1 game, scoring 16 goals and conceding just 1. They defense is really strong and I can see them keeping a clean sheet here as well. They will miss some important players like Balotelli, Pazzini and Criscito however they still have a strong squad and with players like Rossi and Cassano up front they might even win this game but I will take a safer option and go for italy not to lose. Holland - Moldova: Over 2.5 & Italy +1 @ 2.19 (3 units) Bet365
Poor Holland :(