** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

England: Blue Square Premier Oct 4-6

aliando

Re: England: Blue Square Premier Oct 4-6 Gateshead more than take advantage of this match, as Wrexham most influential players are out suspended, Wrexham leading scorer is forward Jake Speight (6 goals, 4 assists) but they will be without his services as he is suspended following a yellow card against Ebbsfleet United, along with experienced midfielder Jamie Tolley (3 goals) for the same reason. score line could be 1-0

Re: England: Blue Square Premier Oct 4-6 I would strongly urge people to back Cambridge United with caution. We have a young squad capable of beating anyone in this division but they are going to slip up from time to time like we did on Saturday. I think we have reached the point where we are competing in every match for 90 minutes (unlike last season thank you Mr Ling) but we are too unpredictable for me to confidently back us. It makes for an exciting season though and it's one I'm enjoying.

Re: England: Blue Square Premier Oct 4-6

At last!!! 1 x 3 so far...show me the money!!! :cheers
We were talking about Thursday's game but at least youve backed a winner anyway. I thought Alan Alger was talking a fair bit of crap on the radio about Wrexham last night and so it proved.

We were talking about Thursday's game but at least youve backed a winner anyway. I thought Alan Alger was talking a fair bit of crap on the radio about Wrexham last night and so it proved.
To be fair we would have been happy with a point if we had been offered it beforehand. We must have played well, though, as, according to BBC stats, we only had two efforts on target but managed to score four and have two cleared off the line!! I didn't hear what he said but I assume he pointed out our suspensions/injuries? We did have two youth players on the bench.

Re: England: Blue Square Premier Oct 4-6 Basically said you had no chance last night and that you always have spells during a season where your terrible and that he thought you were in one of those at the moment. I hadnt checked the prices but he said he wanted Blue Square to be big on Wrexham. I was surprised that people could have a strong view either way on the game

Re: England: Blue Square Premier Oct 4-6 look at this! all this season stockport away matches finisthed - 1:1!

Fri 12/08/11 CON Forest Green 1 - 1 Stockport County
Tue 23/08/11 CON Kidderminster 1 - 1 Stockport County
Fri 26/08/11 CON Lincoln City 1 - 1 Stockport County
Sat 10/09/11 CON Telford United 1 - 1 Stockport County
Tue 20/09/11 CON Newport County 1 - 1 Stockport County
Sat 24/09/11 CON Tamworth 1 - 1 Stockport County

Re: England: Blue Square Premier Oct 4-6 Very true. As a Stockport fan i'm amazed at how consistent and solid we've been this season. Another 1-1 draw is possible but that run has to end at some point. I think i'll be avoiding this one and certainly won't be subscribing to the rip-off merchants Premier Sports so I can watch it. I thought about going at under 2.5 goals but 3/4 on bet365 isn't tempting enough. If anyone needs team news I can probably get hold of it.:gimme

Very true. As a Stockport fan i'm amazed at how consistent and solid we've been this season. Another 1-1 draw is possible but that run has to end at some point. I think i'll be avoiding this one and certainly won't be subscribing to the rip-off merchants Premier Sports so I can watch it. I thought about going at under 2.5 goals but 3/4 on bet365 isn't tempting enough. If anyone needs team news I can probably get hold of it.:gimme
Why are they rip of merchants? Im sure if you look hard enough you will find the game on the net anyway. Im out tomorrow so cant watch the game but will either tape it or hope to catch it on one of the repeat showings. If I had of been watching I would have a small bet on the draw.

Why are they rip of merchants? Im sure if you look hard enough you will find the game on the net anyway. Im out tomorrow so cant watch the game but will either tape it or hope to catch it on one of the repeat showings. If I had of been watching I would have a small bet on the draw.
Because they charge something like £15 a month and only show Gaelic sports and random obscure lower league English football league games like this and friendlies. Maybe they'll go the same way as Setanta. I'm probably just bitter because I pay a fortune for Sky Sports then have to pay extra for channels like this one and ESPN! :gimme

Re: England: Blue Square Premier Oct 4-6 The reason Setanta went the way they did was because they tried to complete with Sky and paid to much for all the rights and it wasnt a sustainable model. Premier Sports focus on sports that dont get covered elsewhere and thus have a niche market and I dont see it going the same way as Setanta. I think its currently £7.99 a month and I would never pay of Sky Sports as it has nothing I watch on it. Consider that Racing UK charge £20 a month I think the charge is fair enough for Premier Sports.

Re: Midweek Bets > 4-6 October

Sport Football (England - Non League)
Event Cambridge Utd v Stockport
Selection Cambridge Utd
Strength 10/10
Date 06/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 1.95
Reasoning the home side have been very good in their current form and playing today game at their home ground is a plus for the home team as they have the quality and squad to beat the visiting side in this game, so i can not see them loosing this very game as they have been very good and playing well in their last 5 match played both home and away especially at home they are a good side when it comes to playing games at home.
:gimme

Re: Midweek Bets > 4-6 October

Sport Football (England - Non League)
Event Cambridge Utd v Stockport
Selection Cambridge Utd
Strength 10/10
Date 06/10/2011
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 1.95
Reasoning the home side have been very good in their current form and playing today game at their home ground is a plus for the home team as they have the quality and squad to beat the visiting side in this game, so i can not see them loosing this very game as they have been very good and playing well in their last 5 match played both home and away especially at home they are a good side when it comes to playing games at home.
:gimme
Even though County are unbeaten away all season and haven't conceded more than 1 goal in any of them?

Re: England: Blue Square Premier Oct 4-6 Injury doubts for the U's with Charles, Carew and Dunk. We also have our man of the season Tom Shaw suspended. Murtagh is away on international duty so midfield cover is where we may struggle. So that leaves us pretty short on the ground. Youngster Adam Marriott will probably come into the attacking midfield role for Shaw and Luke Berry will drop back into the centre. Nippy winger Jordan Patrick is likely to go wide right if Dunk doesn't make the starting XI.

look at this! all this season stockport away matches finisthed - 1:1!
Fri 12/08/11 CON Forest Green 1 - 1 Stockport County
Tue 23/08/11 CON Kidderminster 1 - 1 Stockport County
Fri 26/08/11 CON Lincoln City 1 - 1 Stockport County
Sat 10/09/11 CON Telford United 1 - 1 Stockport County
Tue 20/09/11 CON Newport County 1 - 1 Stockport County
Sat 24/09/11 CON Tamworth 1 - 1 Stockport County
I'm gonna stick 1pt on a 1-1 correct score purely on the base of this, for interest more than expecting a return. I've taken it at bet365 as it's the best price of the accounts I have open, but it's available at 7.00 w/ 888sport and BlueSquare, according to Odd-Comparison.

I'm gonna stick 1pt on a 1-1 correct score purely on the base of this' date=' for interest more than expecting a return. I've taken it at bet365 as it's the best price of the accounts I have open, but it's available at 7.00 w/ 888sport and BlueSquare, according to Odd-Comparison.
Losing money makes it more interesting? These runs are interesting from the perspective of statistics, but why risk money on some oddity or another? You may as well put money on 2-0 or 0-3 or 0-0 or red card (see if Mr. Rooney's on it first)...the string of 1-1s will end sometime.