BBOTD 28TH of September

Aidymac

Oil Strike - Salisbury 4:10 Very competitive race here, i have picked out 10 horses that all have claims on form but i have plumped for Oil Strike who ticks all the boxes for me. He runs off 85 tomorrow, 3 pounds lower than its last winning mark and went very close last time out at Lingfield over 7 furlongs, getting beat by Yair Hill. Both its wins have come on the all-weather but its only a matter of time before it wins on turf. I cant see a time in its last 10 starts where it didnt run a creditable race, and it is a regular runner in Class 2 and Class 3 races , so tomorrow is Class 4, it represents a drop in class, albeit in a very hot race. Two starts back at Sandown it ran very well also when 5th to Ajjaadd in a Class 3 contest, trading low in that race. Has run at Salisbury once off the same mark as tomorrow and lost by a head in 2nd to The Confessor, trading at 1.14 in running. Both its wins have come over tomorrows trip of 6 furlongs and Peter Winkworth is in good form with 2 wins and 4 places from his last 10 runners. James Rogers has ridden for him 4 times and he won on 2 of them horses, a very interesting stat, a 50% win strike-rate for the trainer. At Salisbury the pair are 1/1, a 100% win strike-rate. Not only that but there seems to be a slight advantage to be drawn low over 6f at Salisbury and it is drawn in Stall 2. Has every chance i feel. WIN @ 9/1 Bet365 BOG

Re: BBOTD 28TH of September N4.50 Newport Arch 0.5pt E/W 22/1 William Hill It's a bit too early to be writing off this 3-y-o just 5 runs into its racing career and the piece of form which gives it a decent chance here was at this course over 7 furlongs when beating Ventura Sands which has since won off a mark of 68. The selection runs off 64 here having initially started life in handicaps off 70. The horse is one of only two 3-y-o in the race and interestingly there were only 2 in last years race and they filled the 1st and 3rd places. The trainer and jockey are in decent form and teamed up for a 14/1 winner on Tuesday. The general consensus is that those drawn low could be favoured so the draw of 4 of 15 could be another plus and the 22/1 looks too big if the horse can show its form again back at this track.

Re: BBOTD 28TH of September Non Runner BH New post on Page two. Thanks. Been waiting on this one getting a run again as i have followed him since April, however i do hope he gets his day at Salisbury as he has been a little expensive to follow. He had entries all over the place a few weeks ago and even had an entry in the Ayr gold cup but never made the cut, he's been VERY unlucky in some races non more so than on the 12th of Aug when he hit more traffic than the M25 Trainer Cive cox does think alot of him and he must be in with some justice today. Am glad to see Clive putting him back over the Min trip not so sure on his jockey booking but time will tell if that choice was a wise one. I hope the ''seekers'' get their day. Salisbury 4:10 - SEEKING MAGIC - 0.5 e/w bet @ 8/1 Hills. Show me the money Jack, show us the Magic.

Re: BBOTD 28TH of September 4.10 Salisbury Munaaseb 16/1 William Hill May do better switched to turf after a few disappointing runs on the all weather. He did win first time up this year at Lingfield by 8 lengths and looked a smart prospect but hasn't built on that. Return to turf may help here and trainer is in decent enough form at the moment.

Re: BBOTD 28TH of September 3:20 Nottingham - Tanaami - 1pt @ 9/1 (WillHill) Saeed Bin Suroor has a cracking record here at Nottingham and comes down with just a pair of runners today, the other being an unraced maiden. The twice-raced Tanaami was an impressive first time up winner on soft ground and is expected to be even better on a quick surface, so she's worth taking a chance on here off a very workable mark of 78. She has bombed out since at Sandwon but has certain excuses for that performance (couldn't get a run then weakened badly up the hill) and looks overpriced if forgiving that outing. O'Shea being on board is a bit of a worry, as he's not very good but I'll take my chances and have a small bet.

Re: BBOTD 28TH of September 15:20 Nottingham Totheendoftheearth Win (8,00) Bet365 This 3 year odl filly got a decent start to her racing life. Her form is 3-3-3-1-2 in her 5 races. She got a great chance to improve that today at Nottingham. She previous won over the same distance and her only win was under the same going. The Jockey Da Sousa are in great form too.. His strike rate for the last 14 days is 16,46 %

Re: BBOTD 28TH of September 15.35 Ihsas Salisbury 9/4 paddy power win after what hughes managed at epsom over the weekend i was gonna back gusto straight off, but saw this goldophin horse. only had 1 run, it was at 7f and il won by 3 1/2 which i thought was impressive, also it ran in 1min25 which is on a par with much more competive races than this. :hope

Re: BBOTD 28TH of September 1.30 Salisbury I have a feeling that Hughes could almost do a Frankie today and win the first five races as all of his mounts have a chance. I am going with Pilgrims Rest in the first as his best chance.Ran a very nice race first time out and is bound to improve for that. That was quite a competitive race and he took a while to get the hang of things before just running out of steam in the last 50 yards. Should be much sharper now and could be the start of a special day for Hughes.( or I could be completely wrong of course) 1 Pt win 7/2 Bet365

Re: BBOTD 28TH of September 3:00 Rock The Stars @ Salisbury -Took a massive step up in class LTO when running in a class 2 and finished 10th of 11.Seems to love the softer ground and has not been out of the first two when running in a class 5 this year.Dane O'Neil takes the ride and he has a great record at the track with a profit of + 31.98 over the last 5 years. 1pt Win bet @ 11/2 Ladbrokes

Re: BBOTD 28TH of September Short write-up as woke up late and at Uni soon :lol 14:50 Nottingham BEST BE CAREFUL should be bang there at the finish as I think she has a couple of lbs ahead of her official handicap rating and factoring in the 7lb claim her jockey receives, she should go well with plenty to suit. A winner of 3 races from 14 starts, she's usually fairly consistent and has been in decent form of late, winning her penultimate start in nice fashion and looked on the upgrade. They went a good clip that day which suited and similar is expected to occur again which will only enhance her chance. Her last start was on softer ground and her trainer has consistently said she needs fast ground so it was a little bit of a surprise to see her show up. Still ran with credit though (just got tired at the end) and showed she'd be up to winning a race off her revised mark with conditions to suit, so Racheal Kneller (operating at 15% strike-rate on turf) claiming 7lbs is helpful. With fast ground, a decent looking mark and a race run to suit, she can go well, although one concern may be that she might find this grade a little bit too competitive, the price is far too big anyway. BEST BE CAREFUL; Win @ 9/1 William Hill (bog)

Re: BBOTD 28TH of September 5.40 Kempton This looks quite a good race for a Wednesday night AW meeting but I believe it to be a 2 horse race with 2 horses looking well ahead of there current marks. Dean Swift has only had 5 runs to date with a win coming in a good Goodwood maiden winning extremely well. Finished a long way behind Ice Buster who looked well ahead of his mark at the time but still beat the rest of the field comfortably, Icebuster has seen disappointed off a much higher mark but there could still be plenty of improvement left yet and gets to run off the same mark again biggest problem is the wide draw with the presence of other front runners better drawn but he looks the best handicapped. Tahaaman is another that looks well ahead of his mark and is due to go up by 5lb from this saturday and this will be his golden opportunity to get his 3rd win, only had 6 runs to date and again should have plenty of improvement left yet, he stayed on strongly from an uninspiring position at Goodwood last week behind Samsons Son only just failing to get up and if he can repeat that over this shorter trip he ought to be hard to beat, well drawn in stall 1 aslong as not getting trapped on the rail, has won over this trip on turf and does have polytrack form when winning a maiden over 7f on debut as a 2yr old. 1pt win Tahaaman 3/1 lads

Re: BBOTD 28TH of September Deia Sunrise - Ncs 2.10 (1pt win 6-1 SKYBET) Lot to like about debut from widest draw when showed well for a long time. Was eased when winning chance gone and overtaken by today's rival Brailsford, but I fancy Deia Sunrise can reverse the form. I'm also keen to take on the exposed Choisan and unraced likely favourite Gabrial The Great, whose yard is not in great form (and also usually whose 2YOs need the run).

Re: BBOTD 28TH of September 16:10 Salis Ivory Silk - Wrote this last night whilst working notice very similar to what Huh Taylor wrote today and lost a few points but hay ho. Was 1st run from 2 month break LTO where weakened last 100 yards finishing 7th but 2nd to the low draw. That was in a class 3 and is today dropping to class 4 where last 4 class 4 races finished 1st once and placed trice. Acts on going 0.5EW 12/1 victor chandler.

Re: BBOTD 28TH of September 5.40 Kempton: Complexion 1pt win @ 10/1 Boylesports/VC Bet Interesting Stoute horse here stepped up in trip after a fairly disappointing effort LTO when a well supported jolly. Penultimate run over a mile puts the horse bang there despite running from 11lbs higher tonight - destroyed quite a decent field of handicappers (2nd and 3rd won from higher marks since) and just run nothing at all LTO. this handicap mark shouldn't be beyond the horse with plenty progress certain to come given how lightly raced it is. Ran well at this track on debut at this time last year when a close runner up so surface no problem and drawn well - seen worse 10/1 shots than this.

Re: BBOTD 28TH of September 3:00 Salisbury - Avon River - Back Has a good chance of following up his lto win here. Claiming level horses tend to be inconsistent but he is definitely not that. He always runs his race and gained a deserved win lto after a number of narrow defeats. He is the highest rated here and has weight in hand on all of these based on ratings and he could well go in again here 1pt win @ 6/4 VC BOG

Re: BBOTD 28TH of September TOP FROCK 2.00 Salisbury. 0.5 points each way. Debutant and so who knows what ability lies within. However, been given the nod to follow this one early days, so putting it up. Too late - My choice - DEIA SUNRISE 2.10 Newcastle. 0.5 points each way.. I liked his debut and he should improve quite a bit from it. The trip and ground's not a concern & although there are a few 'talked' up runners, I like to see them run first and they'll need to be half decent to handle us today, in my opinion. Each way price and so looks a worthy bet. RISE6/1 Ladbrokes BOG

Re: BBOTD 28TH of September Kung Hei Fat Choi 2.40 Newcastle. 0.5 points each way. Plenty to like about his debut, as although finished 10th, he did show good speed (went off a bit too fast) and faded when others stayed better. That was over 1 mile, so with dropping to 7f today and expected to strip fitter and be more wiser for that debut, he will find things much more suitable today. Big odds and well worth an each way punt in a race where all have questions to answer. 16/1 Bet365 (bog)

Re: BBOTD 28TH of September 3:35 Salisbury Ihsas 1pt win - 2/1 (VC) Well backed and won easily on debut and looked a top prospect. Meets a few beginning to look exposed horses who've tried a decent level but not been up to it. Ihsas hasn't been tried yet so it's a stab in the dark but I think she should be fav here and 2/1 looks fair.

Re: BBOTD 28TH of September 1st choice was a N/R - BH so i will pick another for the last race. Jockey George Baker has already been on the score sheet today and i'll take a punt with him in the last at Salisbury. Trainer G,Moore's 5yr old gelding is sure to get the trip having come home a good 5th last time out over 2m 3f. Yes the jolly will be hard to beat but has NEVER been over todays trip so is going into the unknown. Baker & Moore should be value for money. Salisbury 5:10 Lombok. 0.5 e/w bet @ 12/1 most firms, Tote & Stanjames etc etc.

Re: BBOTD 28TH of September 1 point win super frank 33/1 coral 20.10 kempton again looking to jump up the bbotd table,so i will try a 1 point win on superfrank who has been off the boil of late,but if can get anywere near its best form has a very decent record,super frank,s last 4 wins have been over 6 furlongs,twice in todays class,class 6 and twice in class five company,super frank has won carrying more weight than today,has won on this course in the past and has an excellent 11 wins from 69 starts,a modest win and place bet here from me with betfair but for bbotd its £1 win only

Re: BBOTD 28TH of September 8:10 Kempton - SILVEE @ 11/1 E-W Bet365 Looks over priced here judged on her run here lto and is worth an e-w bet. I thought she was a little short of room going into the turn and lost a couple of lengths which could've made all the difference. Has only had 8 stars on the AW with 1 win and maybe still open to a little improvement, has a decent draw today and decent chance if building on that race lto.