** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

England: Carling Cup Sept 20-21

aliando

Re: England: Carling Cup Sept 20-21 Stoke 0 (AH) v Spurs @ 1.925 Bet365 The line ups are in and this has swayed me to take a punt on Stoke on the handicap. It's a strong team and bar Shawcorss, it's arguably our best. This signals to me that Pulis is taking the cup seriously. After the fa cup run last year, I think everyone at the club is keen for more of the same and realistically, the league cup is Stoke's best chance of success. Spurs also have some good players starting and Van Der Vaart is obviously a massive plus for them. But overall, Harry has made far more changes indicating it is not quite as high in his priorities. With the home advantage and an almost full strength side, Stoke look good value with the draw no bet handicap on their side.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England: Carling Cup Sept 20-21 One for me... 5 Points Man United V Leeds, Over 45 Booking Points @ 1.91 Coral Have been pondering over this for a few hours and im going to bite the bullet and take it. Im sure all the Leeds players will want a win for theyre fans and wont be afraid to go in with a few challanges to show the United players they can mix it with them. In the same way it will most likely be Man Uniteds 2nd team and they will also want to impress by Fergie by getting a place in the first team so they wont shrink from any challenges. The atmosphere will be hostile at Elland Road and that will defintly tempt the referee into showing a few cards here tonight.

Re: England: Carling Cup Sept 20-21 Burnley v MK Dons; Goal Line Under 3 @1.825 Bet365 I don't think either of these teams will be massively keen on this cup. Burnley have put a fairly strong side out although their bench is very youthful looking. It can be difficult to call these Carling Cup ties, but ultimately, there needs to be 4 goals or more in the game for this bet to lose. With two under strength teams out, there isn't anything to particularly indicate that this will be a goal fest. With the goal line set at 3, I feel that this bet represents decent value.

Re: England: Carling Cup Sept 20-21

Wolves 2-0 up in 7 minutes :loon Draw not unrealistic yet but not looking good :(
I forgot all about wolves tonight! They seemed juicy value at 11/10 was the best odds i saw and even 6/5 i remember at one point, but i thought QPR were much better opposition and the odds were shorter for wolves even. I know its easy to say that when wolves are 2 - 0 up but really hate myself for forgetting to put up a bet! i backed them on their 4 - 0 away win in the 2nd round and they were great.

Burnley v MK Dons Back Burnley @ Evs (BetFred) MK Dons have some serious selection problems. Gleeson will be rested after playing 90 mins carrying an injury on Sat. Smith went off injured on sat and wont feature, Chadwick also injured Saturday is a doubt. Balanta, Macdonald, Doumbe still out injured and Mackenzie out suspended MK already have a small squad so once you remove the above first team names you have little left! Robinson will turn to his academy players such as G. Baldock, Gyasi, S. Powell, Flanagan etc Likely MKDONS line up: Martin, Lewington, Williams, Chicksen, Flanagan, D. Powell, Baldock, Potter, Guy, Bowditch, Ibehre. Subs will be all academy players except GK
1 More addition to my Burnley v MK Dons thoughts Selection: Both teams to score @ 8/11 MK Dons have scored in EVERY league cup away game since being formed in 2004. Added to my selection of Burnley to win and this bet makes sense! :)
Dons the better side but couldnt hang on! Shame for the young lads realy! On a + side both bets landed! :nana

Wolverhampton v Millwall One bet that jumps out at me is in the Wolves v Millwall match. I will let the previous match results to the talking... Blackburn 1 - 2 Wolves Wolves 2 - 0 Fulham Northampton 0 - 4 Wolves Aston Villa 0 - 0 Wolves Wolves 0 - 2 Tottenham Wolves 0 - 3 QPR Reading 2 - 2 Millwall Plymouth 0 - 1 Millwall Millwall 2 - 0 Nottingham Forest Millwall 2 - 2 Peterbrough Southampton 1 - 0 Millwall Millwall 2 - 0 Morecambe Millwall 0 - 0 Barnsley Birmingham 3 - 0 Millwall Millwall 0 - 0 West Ham So as you can see in 12 of those 15 games only 1 of the teams scored. Both teams have not scored in Millwall's last 5 games and both teams have not scored in Wolves last 5 games... So an easy conclusion for me Both Teams To Score - NO @ 6/5 Bet365
Wolves 5 - 0 Millwall... That bet landed... Burnley scoring in the last minute was the difference between profit and loss tonight!! Bolton beating Villa 2-0 was not expected by anyone i reckon!

Re: England: Carling Cup Sept 20-21 Liverpool @ 1.71 Betfair. I know that they have struggled lately.....they were unlucky against Stoke and those red cards completely change the game plan for them against Tottenham. Still they are pretty decent premier league side and this could actually be a good way how to get back on track. Those two recent losses made a lot of questions for the media and a strong result would avoid all those pronouncements. Moreover as Gerard is expected to return to the squad for tomorrow's game (more likely from the bench), that should be also a morale boost for the team. The first eleven should look something like this - Reina; Flanagan, Carragher, Coates, Robinson, Lucas, Spearing, Maxi, Suarez, Bellamy, Kuyt. Brighton no doubt is a good team and playing really well after being promoted to Championship. But still for me it looks like there will be too much class difference on field and with the right motivation from Liverpool this should be a victory for them. Odds aren't bad on them and wouldn't be surprised to see the same result as Leeds - MU game.

Stoke 0 (AH) v Spurs @ 1.925 Bet365 The line ups are in and this has swayed me to take a punt on Stoke on the handicap. It's a strong team and bar Shawcorss, it's arguably our best. This signals to me that Pulis is taking the cup seriously. After the fa cup run last year, I think everyone at the club is keen for more of the same and realistically, the league cup is Stoke's best chance of success. Spurs also have some good players starting and Van Der Vaart is obviously a massive plus for them. But overall, Harry has made far more changes indicating it is not quite as high in his priorities. With the home advantage and an almost full strength side, Stoke look good value with the draw no bet handicap on their side.
Burnley v MK Dons; Goal Line Under 3 @1.825 Bet365 I don't think either of these teams will be massively keen on this cup. Burnley have put a fairly strong side out although their bench is very youthful looking. It can be difficult to call these Carling Cup ties, but ultimately, there needs to be 4 goals or more in the game for this bet to lose. With two under strength teams out, there isn't anything to particularly indicate that this will be a goal fest. With the goal line set at 3, I feel that this bet represents decent value.
2 Void bets on the night for me. A late goal in the burnley game scuppered profit. Even stevens.

Forest vs Newcastle: Newcastle to qualify 8/11 Forest have made a bad start under mclaren and personally i dont feel he is the right manager to lead a championship side back to the premier league. Newcastle on the other hand are cruising in the premier league and will enjoy a cup run this season and has enough quality to beat forest. Stoke vs Tottenham: Stoke to qualify As much as i dislike stoke's attitute towards playing football, their "get the job done" style will do well against a tottenham side mainly looking to challenge for a top 4 spot and will probably see an extremely weak side travel to stoke. Stoke will enjoy a cup run more and the working fans will get behind their team. Blackburn vs leyton Blackburn 4/11 Blackburn are still a very poor side and got lucky to beat arsenal in the weekend. Kean is a poor manager but this is still a game that blackburn should win. They have some quality players and Leyton is not in the right mood to for an away game vs a premier league team right now. Arsenal vs Shewsbury Arsenal -1.5 @ 0.55/1 Arsenal should cruise past this. Although a terrible start to the season they are still a side with plenty of quality in both the first team and reserve team and lower league side shrewsbury will have a very long night at the emirates. I feel if arsenal get an early goal, they will really put their foot on the pedal and score more as i feel that will boost their confidence. Although arsenal took an early lead vs udinese and stayed 1 - 0 at FT the scoreline did not reflect the actual game. I feel arsenal could have scored 3 whilst udinese also had chances to score a couple for themselves. Shrewsbury in terms of offense and defense are much worse and i sense an absolute thrashing. Im putting a few quid on 6 - 0 7 - 0 8 - 0. To tie it all together ive not bothered with singles tonight but instead opted for a 4fold at 5.5/1 @ 10/10 units to keep things simple. :hope
Not lost a single penny of value... Everything went right to the end and won all 4 bets by the smallest margin possible!

Re: England: Carling Cup Sept 20-21 Brighton v Liverpool One bet that jumps out to me here is 4 goals or more to be scored in the game.... Brighton v Liverpool previous history: Brighton 2 - 2 Liverpool Brighton 3 - 3 Liverpool Brighton 2 - 2 Liverpool Brighton 1 - 4 Liverpool All games have had 4 or more goals scored in this fixture, the draw was tempting me but i think Liverpool should be too strong for them, add to the fact its a cup tie and there should be a good few goals in this one. 4 Goals or More to be Scored @ 7/4 Betfred

I can't really add much to this' date=' but I'm also on [b']Newcastle @ 2.37 Bet365 I expect Newcastle will make a few changes, but it's much easier coming into a successful team that one that is struggling. Forest have been poor under McClaren and I just dont see him having the motivational skills, or tactical know how to overcome what I expect to be a strong Newcastle side. Newcastle on the other hand appear to be a team on the up, and I think Pardew will want to keep that momentum going with a win tonight. Newcastle not really conceding many at the minute, and I just can't see Forest troubling them - The bet of the night for me :ok
What the F**k do I know. I didn't expect Newcastle to make so many changes (9 I think), but I still expected them to have too much for Forest. Fair play to McClaren though, as personally I didn't think he would have been able to turn it around at half time. Will have a look today and see If I can find anything to break the awful run I'm currently on.:cry

Re: England: Carling Cup Sept 20-21 Southampton vs Preston NE Both teams will make changes in their line ups, but I believe that the Saints are superior also there. With Chaplow and De Ridder they can score against any team. Preston have beaten Charlton away with their reserves Seanan Clucas, Danny Mayor and Juvhel Tsoumou and I expect them to put a good fight also here. But The Saints are a good team, all are fighting for the first XI in the Championship games and I expect them to do that also tonight. home -1 AH @ 1.90 with Pinnacle Sports

Brighton v Liverpool One bet that jumps out to me here is 4 goals or more to be scored in the game.... Brighton v Liverpool previous history: Brighton 2 - 2 Liverpool Brighton 3 - 3 Liverpool Brighton 2 - 2 Liverpool Brighton 1 - 4 Liverpool All games have had 4 or more goals scored in this fixture, the draw was tempting me but i think Liverpool should be too strong for them, add to the fact its a cup tie and there should be a good few goals in this one. 4 Goals or More to be Scored @ 7/4 Betfred
I bet Bill Shankly was happy to get that 4-1 win too :lol

Re: England: Carling Cup Sept 20-21 Chelsea - Fulham Fulham’s Carling Cup campaign begins with a stern test at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday night and Manager Martin Jol stated during his pre-match press conference on Tuesday that he will be making a number of changes to his regular starting eleven. Halliche is a doubt for Wednesday night Andrew Johnson is not back yet and he’s not in the squad for Wednesday night’s game. Bjorn Helge Riise is still out with his groin injury Simon Davies will be out for the next few months Having seen an interview with Jol, expect changes. We (Fulham) are under a lot of pressure from having so many games (i think out tally is 14 this season). I dont know anything about Chelsea so can't really comment on betting on the game itself, I just wanted to provide some information who those might be interested, as there have not been any comments on this fixture yet.

Serious question' date=' how can anything that happened 20 years ago have any effect on what happens tonight? Not saying it's a bad bet just wondering why history sways you so much?[/quote'] Previous history doesnt always sway me but anytime they have ever met at Brighton there has been 4 goals or more in the match... If thats the case why look at any history! It would be the same thing if it was Liverpool when Hodgson was in charge, its a different manager and different squad so why bother relating it to today? Take out that match 20 years ago and the bet still stands, it doesnt change. I was looking at the AC Milan v Udinese game for tonight and i think since 2005 every game bar 1 has had at least 5 goals in it, and thats 7 or 8 matches, i think you can pick up good information on history, whether its close or past history... Looking at the history of 3 years ago is no different to 12 years ago as usually the squads and managers are different anyways. As the circumstances!

Re: England: Carling Cup Sept 20-21 was also looking at udinese. at 4/1 with paddypower sounds tempting? Di natalie is lethal. Ac milan had a good result agaisnt barca though but udniese also came back to beat rennes 2-1 if im correct. any views? milan too strong and san siro for udniese? ----------- sorry forgot this was carling cup haha

was also looking at udinese. at 4/1 with paddypower sounds tempting? Di natalie is lethal. Ac milan had a good result agaisnt barca though but udniese also came back to beat rennes 2-1 if im correct. any views? milan too strong and san siro for udniese?
There is a thread specifically for the Serie A bud! You will get more info on there.

Re: England: Carling Cup Sept 20-21 Liverpool -1 (EH) @ 2.65 centrebet With Liverpool not invovled in any European cup action, then the domestic cups will be where they will target for some silverware, so expect Dalgleish to pick a pretty strong side for this game. In the previous round against Exeter, they had the following players in their starting line up: Reina, Flanagan, Skrtel, Wilson, Robinson, Meireles, Adam, Rodriguez, Spearing, Henderson and Suarez, with Carrgaher, Downing, Carroll, Kuyt and Enrique on the bench. Meireles is no longer there while Skrtel is out suspended, but the nucleas of the side is the team that has started for most of the season Brighton have done well in the Championship, and will be a good test for them, so doubt that Dalgliesh will treat this game lightly. Brighton's manager will not sit back and defend, and they will have a go at Liverpool. After the way they embarrassed themselves againt Spurs on the weekend, Liverpool will be looking to get some confidence back. Gerrard will probably play off the bench but they should be able to exploit a more open game and create some chances, especially if Suarez starts. Like Liverpool to bounce back here and win well

Forest vs Newcastle: Newcastle to qualify 8/11 Forest have made a bad start under mclaren and personally i dont feel he is the right manager to lead a championship side back to the premier league. Newcastle on the other hand are cruising in the premier league and will enjoy a cup run this season and has enough quality to beat forest. Stoke vs Tottenham: Stoke to qualify As much as i dislike stoke's attitute towards playing football, their "get the job done" style will do well against a tottenham side mainly looking to challenge for a top 4 spot and will probably see an extremely weak side travel to stoke. Stoke will enjoy a cup run more and the working fans will get behind their team. Blackburn vs leyton Blackburn 4/11 Blackburn are still a very poor side and got lucky to beat arsenal in the weekend. Kean is a poor manager but this is still a game that blackburn should win. They have some quality players and Leyton is not in the right mood to for an away game vs a premier league team right now. Arsenal vs Shewsbury Arsenal -1.5 @ 0.55/1 Arsenal should cruise past this. Although a terrible start to the season they are still a side with plenty of quality in both the first team and reserve team and lower league side shrewsbury will have a very long night at the emirates. I feel if arsenal get an early goal, they will really put their foot on the pedal and score more as i feel that will boost their confidence. Although arsenal took an early lead vs udinese and stayed 1 - 0 at FT the scoreline did not reflect the actual game. I feel arsenal could have scored 3 whilst udinese also had chances to score a couple for themselves. Shrewsbury in terms of offense and defense are much worse and i sense an absolute thrashing. Im putting a few quid on 6 - 0 7 - 0 8 - 0. To tie it all together ive not bothered with singles tonight but instead opted for a 4fold at 5.5/1 @ 10/10 units to keep things simple. :hope
Four in a row - :ok:ok:ok:ok

Previous history doesnt always sway me but anytime they have ever met at Brighton there has been 4 goals or more in the match... If thats the case why look at any history! It would be the same thing if it was Liverpool when Hodgson was in charge, its a different manager and different squad so why bother relating it to today? Take out that match 20 years ago and the bet still stands, it doesnt change. I was looking at the AC Milan v Udinese game for tonight and i think since 2005 every game bar 1 has had at least 5 goals in it, and thats 7 or 8 matches, i think you can pick up good information on history, whether its close or past history... Looking at the history of 3 years ago is no different to 12 years ago as usually the squads and managers are different anyways. As the circumstances!
Come off it Aidy, the last time the two clubs played was back in 1991. IMO using history from even a year ago is usually irrelevant, as you said managers and squad are usually completely different. But using stats from 20 years ago must be one of the most ridiculous reasons i've heard for making a bet. What if there was 8 yellow cards that day, is that a basis for playing the cards market? Saying that, i could see there being goals tonight.