England > Weekend > Premier League > 17-18 September

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 17-18 September

48 mins gone and it's 3-0 Swansea :nana:nana:nana
Well done :ok Disappointing, it seems Swansea have found their shooting boots. Although my bet of Swansea to finish above Q.P.R. and Norwich looks better.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think my team QPR could hurt a few teams now we hqve the 6 new players. We really could have won by 2 or 3 the other night against a Newcastle side in the top 5. With pace down the wing from SWP and a tenacious midfield pairing of Derry / Barton' date= i feel we have the right credentials now to get results. The goals will come and the likes of FAurlin, Taraabt, Campbell and Bothroyd are all capable of putting the ball away. I doubt we will offered much above 3/1 now for this match, but that shouts value for me after Monday nights peformance vs a team beaten at home last time by Spur VcBet go largest at 10/3, DNB will be around 6/4 i expect? which may be an option
:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana:nana

you will have a surprise this weekend with your team and the other 2 new promoted! faith!:gimme
For me the above post was the highlight of the thread this weekend so far, where these just some thrown words or did you have any specific reasoning, considering that all the newly promoted won ?

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 17-18 September Fulham v Man City Unconvincing Fulham face a huge task against slick City I see there has been a bit talked about already regarding our game on the weekend. Was at the Blackburn game and watched us and City midweek so as Fulham fan I can give everyone on here a good honest fans opinion. In my eyes I would of expected to have at least one win or even two under the belt by now. If you said to me at the start season you have a on the edge Aston Villa at home and a Blackburn side that hasn't really changed for your first two games of the season my eyes would realisticly light up with 6 points. Wolves and Newcastle away maybe get a draw but always going to be an ask away from home as it ialways is for Fulham sides. However we are now sitting at the bottom of the league with 1 point to our name. Of course its not panic stations just yet but for me the thing is I just cant say ive seen anything from the side yet. Fulham seem a bit flat and nothing has really sparked. We had spells at Newcastle and we controlled possession against B'burn but lacked the cutting edge. We played midweek against FC Twente and the team was mixed up a bit but again nothing to get excited about. Duff is putting in some good stints but the majority of the players are yet to find their feet. I will always back our managers but Jol is changing things he shouldn't. The partnership of Hughes and Hangeland should not be touched and keep it simple with Baird at right back and Riise at left. We really need a big performance soon and something for the fans to believe we are still the Fulham team of the last 2 seasons. Everything seems a bit stale. I know its early days but still think we have a few more games until we do something. However this is Fulham and anything can happen. Saying all this we will probably pluck a 1-0 win but I don't think so. After I left the Blackburn game i looked at our fixtures and its looking hard. QPR home West Brom and Stoke away with Chelsea in the cup. All bogey material with old managers, a derby and a brick wall of stoke in there coming up. I see the price on Man City has drifted a little and this might be because of the big effort midweek. However the depth of cities squad has the quality to turn over this cold Fulham team. The handicap of -1 looks a solid bit of value. I think we will try and play a bit tomorrow but just feel that with us not fully warmed up yet and City looking so hot that they will grind out another win but probably nothing to damaging. Going to stay clear with betting on this one but suggested bets for value would be. b365 Draw at Ht 2.25 or Draw - Man City 4.00 (We really are going to have to put in an effort here and dig deep but just think a bit of quality from city will finally undo us.) City -1 2.15 looks generous. I don't think we will get slaughtered so I would be careful not getting to stuck into the handicaps. If we do early questions will be asked about Martin Jol. Hope that helps COYW:hope FTID

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 17-18 September Man City AH -1 @ 2.15 (Bet365) Like jpffc says, Fulham looking a bit stale at the moment. As usual, they're struggling away from the Cottage, but the home form is also suffering. City disappointed in midweek, but I think the league is truly where it's at for Mancini's men this season, and I expect a professional win.

Man City AH -1 @ 2.15 (Bet365) Like jpffc says, Fulham looking a bit stale at the moment. As usual, they're struggling away from the Cottage, but the home form is also suffering. City disappointed in midweek, but I think the league is truly where it's at for Mancini's men this season, and I expect a professional win.
On this.... @ 2.50 Skybet

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 17-18 September As a fulham fan, I can only agree with what has been said about the city game. We are not doing well at the moment, and I have heard that AJ might be out tomorrow, leaving us with few attacking options. Jol has stated in interviews that he wants to try to attack as well, Citehhhh will rip holes in our defense. A lot of misplaced passes lately that the Citehhhh forwards will leap on to. Our keeper has been out of form as well. -1 AH at around 2.1 (B365) is awesome value, I have no idea why we are so short priced for the win (6.00). Personally I'd have it at around 1:3:9 for HXA Again, sorry for not writing very good reports, all I can really say is that a fulham win / draw would be very unlikely. good luck all.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 17-18 September One standout bet for me . Manchester United Vs Chelsea Qualifying Bet Chelsea +0.5 @2.025 Free Bet - First 10 mins number of throw ins Over 5.5 @1.72 Both odds available at bet365 . I know Bet 365 are kind enough to offer us a free bet in running . So here's how i plan to use the money . (a) Chelsea have started the season reasonably ok while united has started the season in amazing form with rooney netting 2 hattricks in 2 consecutive PL games . When big teams clash , form book tends to go out of the window . Whoever holds their nerves on the day will get the edge onto their sides . Looks like a tight game to me and with a generous 1/2 goal handicap given to the away team , i'll gladly take it as Chelsea are not a weak team at all . Afterall , Chelsea managed to get some results at Old trafford before . I won't say its a foregone conclusion that United will win . A draw might be suitable to both sides as well as that keeps them in the hunt for the title . (b) Nerves are bound to set in for both teams . As such , passes might go astray in the first 10 mins of the game first , setting up some throw ins . I'll gladly take this line as high as over 6.5 as i see at least 8 throw ins in the first 10 mins as both likes to play along the wings and a tackle or 2 might easily find its way into the touchline , earning my way to a victorous bet . I checked with bet365 via live chat . It says that it should probably not lock up the first 10 mins special bets for goal kicks , throw ins , no of corners for at least 30 seconds , so i would try to get my free bet immediately after kick off .

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 17-18 September Fulham - Manchester City: Manchester City @ 1.68 (Pinnacle) 10/10 I think the odds are good here for Man City's win. There is a remarkable difference in roster quality and in the teams' performance thus far. Fulham sits in last place with a 0-2-2 overall record and a 0-2-0 home record. Man City has a 4-0-0 record with a 15:3 goal differential. Both teams played mid-week European competition matches at home. This will probably be more of an issue for Fulham since Man City has a deeper roster. I can't see anything that can point to any result but an away win. Good Luck...:hope

Pardon my ignorance, but what does Asian Handicap mean? If I put a bet on my beloved Man City -1AH, does this mean we would need to win by 2 or more goals?
If you win by 1 then it will be stake refunded. Win by 2 and its a win. I like playing the handicap when you get rubbish odds on what you might consider a banker. You can then put it on the handicap to up the odds with a stake refund a minimum with a 1 goal win. See below for more details. http://www.footballtip.co.uk/asian-handicap-explained.php As posted earlier in the thread I'm on City -1AH today.

If you win by 1 then it will be stake refunded. Win by 2 and its a win. I like playing the handicap when you get rubbish odds on what you might consider a banker. You can then put it on the handicap to up the odds with a stake refund a minimum with a 1 goal win. See below for more details. http://www.footballtip.co.uk/asian-handicap-explained.php As posted earlier in the thread I'm on City -1AH today.
Thanks! :)

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 17-18 September Sunderland v Stoke City HOME WIN 2.4 odds John O'Shea could return to bolster Sunderland's defence against Stoke on Sunday. The Republic of Ireland defender missed the defeat by Chelsea due to a calf strain but has returned to training. Nicklas Bendtner is likely lead the attack and Connor Wickham could make his first start. Craig Gordon, Fraizer Campbell and David Meyler (all knee) remain sidelined. Several Stoke squad members did not travel to Ukraine for this week's Europa League game against Dynamo Kiev, with record signing Peter Crouch staying at home as a precaution after missing training, and Matthew Etherington (back),Rory Delap (groin) and Marc Wilson (hamstring) also absent from the trip. That quartet and Jonathan Woodgate, who is not registered for the Potters' European campaign and has been working to shake off a minor injury, are among those that will be assessed, while goalkeeper Asmir Begovic is expected to return in place of Thomas Sorensen. None of the six Premier League meetings between Sunderland and Stoke has ended as an away win, with five wins and a draw for the home side. Stoke have had a player sent off in two of their three Premier League visits to the Stadium of Light. The Potters have failed to score in all three of their Premier League visits to the Stadium of Light. Sunderland have won just three of their last 18 Premier League matches. The Black Cats have lost eight and won one of their last nine Premier League matches at the Stadium of Light. It is 10 games at the Stadium of Light without a clean sheet for Sunderland. Stoke’s win over West Brom at the end of August ended a run of 11 away matches without a win for The Potters in the Premier League. Stoke have only scored three goals in their last six Premier League matches. Stoke have fired in fewer shots on target than any other Premier League team this season (8). Stoke have recorded the lowest percentage cross completion in the Premier League this season (15%). :ok

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 17-18 September Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool OVER 2,5 Harry Redknapp will revert to his first-choice XI after resting a number of key players for clash at PAOK Salonika. Rafael van der Vaart (hamstring), Aaron Lennon (groin) and William Gallas (calf) are making good progress in their recovery from injury and could play some part. Steven Pienaar (groin), Tom Huddlestone (ankle) and Ledley King (knee) face fitness tests but Michael Dawson (Achilles) is out and Sandro (knee) is unlikely to be risked despite returning to light training following a knee injury. Liverpool right-back Glen Johnson will miss the match at White Hart Lane after a recurrence of a hamstring injury last weekend. Captain Steven Gerrard is nearing a return to fitness after six months out following a groin operation but he may not be risked. Defender Martin Kelly is also close to a recall after coming back from a hamstring injury. Since taking over, Harry Redknapp has overseen five wins in seven games in all competitions for Spurs against Liverpool. There has been a penalty awarded in each of the last four Premier League matches between Tottenham and Liverpool. Jamie Carragher has scored the same number of Premier League goals for Liverpool as he has for Tottenham (3). Defeat last time out against Manchester City ended a run of 17 Premier League home games without a loss for Spurs, but they have won just one of their last five at White Hart Lane. Spurs have conceded as many goals (14) in their last six home matches as they did in the previous 25 matches at White Hart Lane. Spurs have won the last three home games against Liverpool by a 2-1 scoreline and their previous victory back in January 2004 was also by that score. Liverpool have kept just one clean sheet in their last seven Premier League matches. Liverpool have won 35 corners this term, more than any other team in the Premier League. The Reds have allowed their opponents the joint-fewest shots on target against them than any team in the Premier League (11). Tottenham have allowed their opponents more shots on target against them than any other side in the Premier League.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 17-18 September Manchester United v Chelsea HOME WIN and OVER 2,5 :ok Chelsea will once again be without Didier Drogba. The striker will not be risked at Old Trafford three weeks after his sickening head injury, meaning manager Andre Villas-Boas must decide whether to start Fernando Torres or Nicolas Anelka. Ramires returns after being suspended for Tuesday's Champions League win over Bayer Leverkusen while goalkeeping understudies Hilario and Ross Turnbull are both carrying knocks, although one will be on the bench. Sir Alex Ferguson has reported no fresh injury concerns. Nemanja Vidic (calf), Tom Cleverley (foot) and Rafael (shoulder) remain sidelined, whilst Danny Welbeck (hamstring) is not expected to be available until next week. Changes are anticipated though, with Ferguson expected to recall many of the players who were left out of his starting line-up for the midweek Champions League draw with Benfica. Javier Hernandez scored in three of his five appearances in all competitions against Chelsea last season. The last three Premier League meetings between Chelsea and Man Utd all ended 2-1 as did the last meeting in the Champions League. United won four of the five meetings with Chelsea in all competitions last season. Man Utd have scored more goals after four Premier League matches than any other team in Premier League history. Man Utd have scored with 30% of their shots so far this season (roughly one in three) compared to the Premier League average of 11% (one in nine). Chelsea have won five times at Old Trafford in the Premier League era, more often than any other team. Man Utd have averaged fewer points per game at home against Chelsea than against any other opponent (1.47) and are the only team they have a lower than 50% win percentage against (37%). Man Utd have scored in their last 32 consecutive matches at Old Trafford in the Premier League, winning 30 and losing just one of those matches. The solitary defeat was against Chelsea in April 2010. Wayne Rooney has scored nine goals in his last five Premier League starts. Ashley Young has a joint-high four goal assists in the Premier league this season. Man Utd have set a new Premier League record of 17 consecutive home wins.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 17-18 September Fulham vs Manchester City Feel that this is a big price for a team like City to score 3 or more, Betfair only have this priced up as 2.76. Manchester City have scored 3 or more in all off there games this season bar the exception of wednesdays 1-1 draw with Napoli in the champions league. Manchester City have score 3 or more in 3 of the last 5 meetings with Fulham at Craven Cottage. Fulham bottom of the league after 4 games and failed to record a win in 5 matches in all competitions drawing 2 and losing 3. Fulham haven't conceeded more than 2 in a match this season but they have showed open at the back and have failed to keep a clean sheet in last 5 matches, given the quality of Manchester City's attacking frontline im happy to take them with medium stakes to score 3 or more here. Manchester City team goals Over 2.5 @ 3.40 (Bet365).

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 17-18 September Tottenham vs Liverpool Pick: Liverpool Probable starting eleven: Tottenham: Friedel, Walker, Kaboul, King, Assou-Ekotto, Kranjcar, Parker, Modric, Bale, Defoe, Adebayor Liverpool: Reina, Flanagan, Carragher, Agger, Jose Enrique, Henderson, Lucas, Adam, Downing, Kuyt, Suarez Interesting match at White Hart Lane in London. And I think Liverpool is closer to the victory. It is true Liverpool lost from Stoke in the previous round, but I dare to say that defeat was undeserved. Stoke was awarded with a suspicious penalty and that decided the match. By the way, that was the first defeat for Liverpool in the new season. About the team news. Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp will miss Aaron Lennon, Tom Huddlestone, Sandro, Danny Rose and Steven Pienaar, while Rafael van der Vaart is doubtful. On other side Kenny Dalglish will be without Glen Johnson, while Steven Gerrard is close to full fitness and could be in contention for this game. It's up to Dalglish now when the captain will play. I think Liverpool is closer to the victory. Tottenham is playing at home and it could be a crucial factor. I know this is contradictory, but here is my explanation. Tottenham must attack in front of the fans and Liverpool will have many space for the counterattacks. With players like Luis Suarez and Dirk Kuyt in attack, Liverpool will be very dangerous and I think they are able to win. Tottenham received 8 goals in the first three rounds, the defense players are out of confidence. Even more, Tottenham was humiliated from Manchester City at White Hart Lane (lost 1:5 on 28.08.2011) and showed many weaknesses in the defense. I believe Liverpool will take advantage from that fact.

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 17-18 September Fantasy football There is this bet at www.tipico.com that they call fantasy betting and I find it very easy to predict. Check it out on England, Germany, Spain and other big leagues. They match teams that really arent playing together and these teams are assessed with the number of goals they score in their respective matches. for example, for today, Sunday, 18.09.1X2 16:00Manchester City - Manchester United (Fantasy Football) 2,203,902,70+3 Double chance 1X 1,40 12 1,20 X2 1,60 Handicap (0:1) 1 3,60 X 4,00 2 1,60 Over/Under bet (3,5) + 1,90 - 1,80 Sunday, 18.09.1X2 15:30Borussia Dortmund - Bayern Munich (Fantasy Football) 2,804,002,10+3 Double chance 1X 1,65 12 1,20 X2 1,37 Handicap (1:0) 1 1,65 X 4,00 2 3,60 Over/Under bet (3,5) + 1,85 - 1,85 Please lets put heads together and see what we can make of this. I need clues for todays matches (fantasy) please

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 17-18 September Blackburn - Arsenal over 2.5 @ 2.01 :D Aston Villa - Newcastle under 2.5 @ 1.87 :D Bolton @ 1.85 :eyes Everton - Wigan under 2.5 @ 1.92 :eyes West Brom @ 2.80 :eyes Wolves @ 2.04 :eyes August picks: 19-25 (+8.48) Liverpool @ 2.80 centrebet Spurs are coming off a 2-0 win over Wolves last week which gives them some confidence going into this game. However they have problems at the back, with Dawson out, and King is likely to partner Kaboul. Not sure that they are capable enough to stop the form of Suarez that he is in. Liverpool were unlucky last week against Stoke as they dominated this game and had their chances to win it, as they played well at a venue that is usually hard to get points from. Like the way that Dalgleish has them playing and still not convinced of the form of Spurs who have been struggling to get some form even though they did win last week. Though Liverpool do not have a good record at Tottenham, they did not have a good record at Arsenal and they went there and won that, and like them to beat Spurs here to make it a North London double Man City -1.5 @ 2.75 bet365 Man City are flying high as the goals have been flowing with their recent signings Aguerro and Nasri are among the goals.They have set themselves up in defence with Barry and Toure screening the back four, which allows Nasri and Silva to be free and creative around the opposition box, while the target man Dzeko has also been scoring goals. Expect them to have too much class for Fulham, who do have some decent players, but they have not been able to put it together and have just 2 draws from their 4 games this season. Man City came to Fulham last November and won 4-1 and now with an even better squad they look good value to win by a similar margin yet again Sunderland - Stoke draw @ 3.28 pinnacle Both sides are fairly similar in their make up as they do tend to rely on the bigger players to get into the box and make the presence felt, and this way of playing will possibly lead to both sides negating one another. Stoke are likley to go with some height upfront with Crouch and Jones, but Sunderland have players like Brown, O'Shea and Bramble who can deal with it, while Stoke have the likes of Huth, Shawcross and Woodgate to counteract Bendtner and Wickham. In midfield, both sides have players who like to work and break up the play, but offer little on the creative side. Can see this game being bogged down in midfield and then both sides resorting to the long ball in the attempt to get something from that, but believe both sides will have to settle a point each. Sunderland have lost 8 of their last 9 home games, while the away side has scored just in one of the last 6 games played between these two sides, with the home side winning 5 of them. Man Utd - Chelsea over 3.5 @ 3.20 centrebet Man Utd have been in very good goalscoring form as they have scored 18 goals in their 4 games this season, and with Chelsea having allowed goals in 3 of their 4 games so far, then the likes of Rooney will like their chances to score here. Chelsea have scored at least 2 goals in their last 3 games, and with Man Utd also conceding in 2 of their 4 games, then the likes of Torres, if he plays, and who has a good goalscoring record against Man Utd, will like his chances of scoring here. These two teams have ended up with a 2-1 scoreline in their last 3 EPL games, but like this game to see at least one more goal as both sides can score goals but not sure whether the defences are strong enough to keep them out

I think my team QPR could hurt a few teams now we hqve the 6 new players. We really could have won by 2 or 3 the other night against a Newcastle side in the top 5. With pace down the wing from SWP and a tenacious midfield pairing of Derry / Barton' date= i feel we have the right credentials now to get results. The goals will come and the likes of FAurlin, Taraabt, Campbell and Bothroyd are all capable of putting the ball away. I doubt we will offered much above 3/1 now for this match, but that shouts value for me after Monday nights peformance vs a team beaten at home last time by Spur VcBet go largest at 10/3, DNB will be around 6/4 i expect? which may be an option
Excellent call bowles10 :ok By all accounts, QPR dominated the game and comfortably deserved their 3-0 win. 10/3 was superb value. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14864037.stm

One of Neil warnocks traits is to keep clean sheets' date=' we had 25 last season and won 9 away games to nil, not many teams could match that.[/quote'] Good point. When Warnock managed us (Crystal Palace) I noticed the same thing about clean sheets, especially away from home.

Excellent call bowles10 bigokay.gif

By all accounts, QPR dominated the game and comfortably deserved their 3-0 win. 10/3 was superb value.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14864037.stm

With every respect to Bowles win, which was very good, only a QPR fan was gonna back the win yesterday.

They've played well, but a 3-0 loss and the manner of it, for me, speaks far more about Wolves deficiencies. 

Sport Football (England - Prem)
Event Tottenham - Liverpool
Selection draw
Strength 10/10
Date 18/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price Victor Chandler @ 3.50
Reasoning Totthenam started very bad 1-5 home loss against Man City, but they won against Woolves 0-2 a week later. I can say that both teams will be with fresher legs because Totthenam played on Thursday with their second team no one of titular player took a part in that match in Greece. Liverpool started very well they defeated Arsenal 0-2 on the road but the Gunners are very weak team we saw their results 8-2 against Man Utd 4-3 against last placed Blackburn so this win is not important. Liverpool falled last week against Stoke 1-0 on the road, they will be without Gerard so I think they can not win today, draw is good for both squads, even more Totthenam won three of last four against Liverpool so they will be on fire today.

Sport Football (England - Prem)
Event Sunderland - Stoke City
Selection Sunderland -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 18/09/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 5.00
Reasoning I don want to underestimate Stoke City they played FA Cup final just 1-0 loss against Man City they also started very well new season last weekend 1-0 home win against Liverpool sitting on the fifth place in Premier League, but Sunderland are still winless. The black cats drew two and lose two, I watched them against Chelse they did not played so bad but Chelsea Chlesea. Sunderland also played good against Liverpool on the road 1-1 draw after they took the lead. I think Stoke played too many matches already they had match on Thursday in Ukraine very tough game 1-1 draw so they will be exausted today. On the other hand Sunderland won two of last three at home against Stoke with 2-0 so two goals spread, last season 2-0 at home won against Stoke so...

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 17-18 September hello guys..im new here and this is my 1st post...i like all the comments, the prediction..thanks guys...this give me more confident in my bet... tonite my pick is: Tottenham Hotspur 0.25 @ 1.71 12bet - what can i see here,both team can score,and my prediction is draw..but take tot +0.25 just for safety. Sunderland OVER 2.00 @ 1.83 12bet Manchester City OVER 2.25 @ 1.68 12bet GL all...:cheers

Re: England > Weekend > Premier League > 17-18 September Fulham v Man City Man City is obviously the stronger team here...imo they will win almost 4sure here. On the other hand they r playing against SOLID Fulham at home. Fulham was allways hard to beat especially at home due to their good defense. I was watching a few games with fulham this season and imo they lack creativity up front. In the B´burn game they were the better side with longer possesion, more chances...but their attack was kinda dull with no creativity. Man City are dominating the premier league right now and they failed to transfer this epic winning streak into the CL which is sure a bit disappointing. Although they got at least a draw. They are entering this match with a clear goal...to capture all 3 points. Given their current form and gr8 attacking squad full of top notch players...they should be more than capable of doing this. I think Fulham will be defending in numbers with some counter attacking + some attacks with 6max players up front...they know that this is a though match and will be satisfied with 1 point here. I think they will choose a defensive approach. Due to these facts and LACK OF CREATIVITY (in the front lines) of Fulham...I have chosen to bet on FULHAM NOT TO SCORE odds 2,87@BET365 ...possible scores 0:2/0:1 even 0:3 but fulham has a solid defence so this one is a bit more unlikely. GL any feedback welcomed :hope