Euro 2012 Qualifiers > 6 September

Mustafa

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifiers > 6 September

Either way' date=' each to their own and I do hope Ireland progress as I like their spirit and their tenacity. However, I will be taking Armenia with draw no bet at a stagnant, droll, and frankly boring Slovakia side as those odds are especially long.[/quote'] Got 9/2 on it and 14/1 on Armenia to score two or more when betting in-play at half-time :) Happy times.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No matter how much I hate to say this but Armenia has a real chance of grabbing the 2nd spot in the group and I think they are a bit generous @ 9.00. They beat Slovakia 3-1 at home and I think they have enough quality to get at least a draw here.
Result: Slovakia 0 Armenia 4 Stand-out value :drums

Luxembourg vs Albania Luxembourg will want to get something from this game and I see them even attacking. Albania hardly got something on away games and I am thinking here to the small teams where they should atttack. With the big names they are staying in defense and bite just when they need on counters. Here they must attack and I think they can;t get passed the Luxembourg defense. home +1 AH @ 2.02 with bet365
Result: Luxembourg 2 Albania 1 Super value, bearing in mind Luxembourg were around 8.0 to win :clap

Greece will definately win. It's sure bet.
Result: Latvia 1 Greece 1 Every time I see a statement like this, and then notice the 'sure bet' failing, I tell myself to back against these 'sure bets' in future, but I never do (here I think you could have backed Latvia or draw for around 1.8). http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro2012/matches/season=2012/round=15171/match=2002263/postmatch/report/index.html#greece+salvage+point

Just before kick off I decided to have a pop on the under 2.5 in Russia v Ireland. Neither side scream goals to me, and both have plenty to play for so I can see a cagey fixture. 20 minutes in and things are looking good. Russia v Ireland – Under 2.5 Goals @ 1.56 :nana Sportsbet
Russia really could have scored a couple though.

I've also taken a small multi on the following: England v Wales Switzerland v Bulgaria Croatia v Israel Finland v Holland Total odds: 2.88 Sportsbet :nana
Another little multi came in here. Apologies for just going with the short priced fav's and with no reasoning, I was pushed for time last night....it paid off though so I'm quite happy.

Result: Latvia 1 Greece 1 Every time I see a statement like this, and then notice the 'sure bet' failing, I tell myself to back against these 'sure bets' in future, but I never do (here I think you could have backed Latvia or draw for around 1.8). http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro2012/matches/season=2012/round=15171/match=2002263/postmatch/report/index.html#greece+salvage+point
once he posted that comment i knew my treble wouldnt come in :rollin

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifiers > 6 September When I looked at the odds offered for the England game I felt the draw represented the best value for money. England have been consistantly edgy at home and Wales I believed would be full of confidence after beating Montenegro. I didn't make the bet because my bank is small at the moment so I look for smaller odds value bets. However although England won I would have been happy if I had bet on the draw. I still think this represented the best bet despite the result!

Russia really could have scored a couple though.
I was following the BBC text reports - and they gave the impression that Ireland were lucky to avoid defeat, with Russia laying siege to their goal. BBC report - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14775841.stm I backed 'Ireland or Draw', but after reading the reports, I don't think it was a good value bet.

I have been mulling over backing Italy all week. I think the fact that they have only conceded one goal so far probably makes people think that they are still the stereo typical defensive Italians. However under Cesare Prandelli they are looking to play a more offensive style, and in Cassano and Rossi they have 2 strikers more than capable of finding the net. Also, they are far from rock solid at the back, and could easily of conceded against the Faroes on Friday night. It's worth noting that they often struggle away from home against lesser teams (2-1 v Estonia, 0-0 v Northern Ireland, and only 2-1 against the Faroes a few years back). They have the incentive that a win tonight will qualify them for Euro 2012. I think that there is a fair chance they will need to score twice to win the match, and there is also the possibility that the Slovenian's heads may drop if they fall behind. So I think that there may be better value in backing Italy goals rather than take them on the win or a handicap. They are 1.46 to win the match, but you can get 1.73 on them to score twice. They are also 3.4 to score three or more. So I will go with: 2pts Italy over 1.5gls @1.73 (Boylesports) 1.5pts Italy over 2.5gls @3.4 (Sportingbet) A push with 2 goals, +5pts with 3 or more. :hope
FT 1-0 :( Didn't see the game but reading the match report it looks like Itlay missed a couple of good chances early on, including Rossi having a 1-on-1 after 20 seconds. Also one cleared off the line early in the 2nd half. By the time the goal did arrive in the 85th min, it was too late for a Slovenia collapse.