** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Spain - La Liga - 27-29 August

Re: Spain - La Liga - 27-29 August

Starting line-up Real Zaragoza Roberto P. da Silva D. Mateos E. Juárez A. Minero A. Lafita L. Ponzio Edu Oriol Braulio Juan Carlos I. Uche Starting line-up Real Madrid I. Casillas S. Ramos Pepe R. Carvalho Marcelo S. Khedira X. Alonso Á. Di María M. Özil Cristiano Ronaldo K. Benzema
will you stop spamming mate?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

will you stop spamming mate?
It is in no sense spam. Team news is always a delicate matter - I'm always getting predicted line-ups wrong by the odd player or two. The information is surely only meant as an indication that you could take further.

I'm always getting predicted line-ups wrong by the odd player or two. The information is surely only meant as an indication that you could take further.
Announcing a *predicted* lineup and getting it wrong is completely normal, announcing a *starting* lineup and getting it wrong is another thing entirely. It might not be spam, but as others have already said it's at best unhelpful, and at worst misleading. Most Spanish teams announce a matchday squad the day before the game, so you know for definite that barring any late injuries, only players in that squad are going to make the team, and yet there are a number of players included in paun's "starting lineups" that weren't even in the squad, so had already been ruled out from the day before - Forlan at Atletico Madrid, Baptista at Malaga, Khedira at Real Madrid, to name a few off the top of my head.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 27-29 August Hi all. Anyone got any input into the Barcelona game tomorrow. With Real Madrid winning well today will it be a case of what you can do we can do better? Probably not ye because Villarreal are a better outfit. I am not sure on team news etc and anyones thoughts would be much appreciated. The 1.20 on the home win is untouchable unless in a accumulator and I dont want to get sucked in to any handicaps without the advise and opinions from others on here. The line is set at -2 at around 1.83 but from brief reading it looks that Barcelona will do well to win by 3 clear goals. Can Villarreal be backed the opposite way? Will the midweek super cup effect the game in anyway? Are the goal markets better value. Your thoughts would be great to hear. Cheers Jpffc

Re: Spain - La Liga - 27-29 August JPFFC, I don't know whether Villarreal will actually win, but I'd certainly fancy them to give Barcelona a decent fight. They've won 1 and drawn 2 of their last 4 visits to the Camp Nou, scoring 7 goals in those 4 games. If there's a good time to play Barcelona away, it's probably early in the season - last year they dropped 5 points in their first 3 homes, and then nothing after that until the last home game of the season when they were already confirmed as champions. Barcelona's defence is also severely weakened for tonight. Puyol, Pique, Alves, Maxwell and Adriano are all unavailable. Personally I'm on Villarreal DNB for small stakes, and both teams to score for medium stakes.

Definitely agree with this being the best value bet tonight. It is currently available for 1.9 with Betfair. Given Barcelona's defensive issues tonight, you'd be a fool not to give this a go.
2.02 on offer at Betfair now (12.32 BST)....considering the over 2.5 is 1.46, and the history mentioned above, I think this is a better value bet.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 27-29 August Starting line-up FC Barcelona Víctor Valdés M. Bartra J. Mascherano A. Fontàs E. Abidal S. Busquets Xavi C. Fábregas A. Sánchez A. Iniesta L. Messi Starting line-up Villarreal CF D. López C. Zapata M. Musacchio C. Marchena J. Oriol M. Senna Bruno B. Valero Cani Nilmar G. Rossi

Re: Spain - La Liga - 27-29 August BTS is currently @ Evens with bet 365, That prices seems to warrant a bet. You can bank on home side scoring, but given Barca defensive absentee's i can see them conceding. The visitors will have chances top pounce on them vulnerable areas, with the attacking talent they dispose they are more than capable of getting on the score sheet. 4pts Barcelona v Villarreal Both teams to score @ Evs

What do you guys think of over 3.5 @ evs and over 4.5 @ 21/10?
Barcelona and Villarreal have met six times in all competitions since Pep Guardiola took over at the start of the 2008-09 season, with the following results: Villarreal 0-1 Barcelona - 02/04/11 Barcelona 3-1 Villarreal - 13/11/10 Villarreal 1-4 Barcelona - 01/05/10 Barcelona 1-1 Villarreal - 02/01/10 Barcelona 3-3 Villarreal - 10/05/09 Villarreal 1-2 Barcelona - 21/12/08 From that, Over 3.5 has been met three times, and Over 4.5 has been met twice. Not sure if this helps you or not.

Sorry that price is now 10/11 :wall Bet 365 must have changed it straight away cause i had to take 1.9 which seems the best price across the board
At evens again now which is a bit surprising :unsure Anyway, I think your reasoning is sound and I have just had some of it.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 27-29 August Ah well, you can never find the best odds on a game.. but 1.9 to 2.2 is a big jump, you get paid like 1/4 more which is very significant in the long term! I love watching barcelona play and i love fabregas and hope he will make a home league start, no value here but ive put in a full sized bet for barcelona -2.5 @ 7/5, simply because i love watching barcelona play. If the odds for BTTS drifts to 6/5 again, i suggest all punters to snap at it for value, its currently 23/20 at hills, which isnt bad at all!

The price has now gone out to 2.20 Am I missing something??
I've no idea, but WilliamHill has it at 2.25 just now. I already backed it at 1.91 w/ Bet365, but I'm going back on it again at that price. EDIT: Even in the very short space of time between my post and the post above, it's changed again, with the same bookie. Crazy swings.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 27-29 August do rossi to score aswell maybe?? his finishing is up there with the best inthe world.. also i know its easy to say but u can safely do ronaldo to score every game and probably messi. doubles or singles would surely be profitable. already has been with messi in super cup and ronaldo bagging a hatrick v real zaragoza. long may it continue. also id be totally happy with a barca win in this game after a slow ish start. il be looking at 0-0 half time + barcelona to score when its looking likely..

Re: Spain - La Liga - 27-29 August I am really confused... The markets should not move so violently, hills odds have drifted to 13/10 a few minutes ago with bet365 @ 5/4.... and i thought 10/11 had value in it. meanwhile other bookies odds have stayed the same, with VC even offering evens.... what are the bookies doing?? they are losing money... this reminds me of the game played last season with milan that ended 0-0 with the odds for a draw offered at evens, which is very suspecious

Re: Spain - La Liga - 27-29 August the same thing happended on betfair, BTS from 1.98/2.0 to 2.1 but more importantly Barca's odds dropped from 1.22 to 1.18 which is massive considering the volume waiting to get matched. it must have something to do with a key player (striker) missing from Villareal's squad

Re: Spain - La Liga - 27-29 August Good work with the posting above. Interesting to see the odds changing so rapidly. I ended up taking Villarreal 3.0, +3.5 In a treble which pays about 1.91. Thinking that Villarreal can get a goal barca would have to win 5-1 for me to lose this but now the odds are changing it looks like barca could be set for a big win and a clean sheet. Hopefully not 4-0 or more :\. Hopefully Villarreal can prove what has been said on here and repeat barcelona's slow starts and score a goal. However got a horrible feeling ive got this wrong and i will be doing this :wall :puke in a few hours time.

Re: Spain - La Liga - 27-29 August Line-ups taken from Twitter: Barcelona: Victor Valdes, Fàbregas, Iniesta, Alexis, Messi, Thiago, Mascherano, Keita, Busquets, Pedrito and Abidal. Subs: Pinto, Xavi, Villa, Fontàs, JDS, Sergi Roberto and Bartra. Villarreal starting XI: Diego Lopez, Zapata, Gonzalo, Musacchio, Oriol, Marchena, Bruno, Borja, Cani, Nilmar and Rossi. Subs: Mariño, Catalá, Marcos Senna, Hernán Pérez, Wakaso, Camuñas and Marco Ruben ---------- Difficult to see what shape Barca will take with that line-up; Abidal is the only "natural" defender listed there. There's some speculation on Twitter about Alexis Sanchez even playing right-back tonight. It's definitely a side that Villarreal can get at.