** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Spain - La Liga - 27-29 August

Re: Spain - La Liga - 27-29 August Decided to bet in play on this one, wanted to see what Barca turned out.. Having watched the game so far i've gone against the trend here and i've backed the Barca clean sheet at 4/9 At the time of writing this barca have had 67% possession and look much the better team, villareal haven't come close to scoring with only one shot off target. :hope

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Spain - La Liga - 27-29 August

Decided to bet in play on this one, wanted to see what Barca turned out.. Having watched the game so far i've gone against the trend here and i've backed the Barca clean sheet at 4/9 At the time of writing this barca have had 67% possession and look much the better team, villareal haven't come close to scoring with only one shot off target. :hope
:beer

BTS is currently @ Evens with bet 365, That prices seems to warrant a bet. You can bank on home side scoring, but given Barca defensive absentee's i can see them conceding. The visitors will have chances top pounce on them vulnerable areas, with the attacking talent they dispose they are more than capable of getting on the score sheet. 4pts Barcelona v Villarreal Both teams to score @ Evs
Sorry to anyone that followed :$ I forget to mention just how great Barcelona are at keeping possession, an regardless of defensive absentee's there team works well as a unit an do make life very hard for there opposition :(

Good work with the posting above. Interesting to see the odds changing so rapidly. I ended up taking Villarreal 3.0, +3.5 In a treble which pays about 1.91. Thinking that Villarreal can get a goal barca would have to win 5-1 for me to lose this but now the odds are changing it looks like barca could be set for a big win and a clean sheet. Hopefully not 4-0 or more :\. Hopefully Villarreal can prove what has been said on here and repeat barcelona's slow starts and score a goal. However got a horrible feeling ive got this wrong and i will be doing this :wall :puke in a few hours time.
Well I said i will be doing it :wall:puke Annoying because everything else came in. Then to rub it I went for a small cover bet for barca to get the 6th goal and they shut up shop and passed it around their midfield doing nothing. I didnt want to get sucked into any naive asian handicap and I thought this would be a more logical bet from what was discussed on here. Oh well thats what happens when you bet against the best team in the world. :puke

Re: Spain - La Liga - 27-29 August not such a good bet after all, Barcelona just make it look so easy even with there defence issues, I think the best shout was the over 3.5 decent odds earlier in the day. Managed to still make a profit for the day via a tennis bet, least I will never bet on BTS on a Barca game again.

Sorry to anyone that followed :$ I forget to mention just how great Barcelona are at keeping possession, an regardless of defensive absentee's there team works well as a unit an do make life very hard for there opposition :(
People forget possession is the best form of defense. Barca look unstoppable, and it seems it'll be very hard predicting their formations this year. 3-4-3 last night, 4-3-3, 3-5-2 possibly (at time last year, that was their formation in attack, with Pedro and Villa upfront, Messi back in midfield with Xavi and Iniesta, Alves and Abidal pushing up and Busquets playing as a third centre back).