** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD 16th of August

Rose Of Sarratt - Brighton 3:00 Well bred filly who has only had the 3 runs and is now sent handicapping at a very modest level. Trainer Rae Guest has had a couple of winners in the past while and his last runner at Brighton won. Martin Lane has a very nice strike-rate for the trainer and plenty of profits when they team up. Usually trainers give a horse 3 runs in maidens and then get them prepped for the 4th run in handicap company so an interesting horse WIN @ 5/1 (Bet365) BOG

Re: BBOTD 16th of August 3.45 Musselburgh The Mel Brittian yard goes through spells when there horses run above themselves and they appear to be going through a spell like that at the moment Carragold has won 2 of his last 3 starts but now finds himself on a career high mark under a penalty and the race last time out was extremely weak for the grade and the form looks suspect. Mangham is another that has been in good form this season and has won off much higher marks but hsi level of consistency isnt what it has been and is no sure bet to repeat recent efforts and he was also a well held 2nd last time out to suggest he is probably held at the moment. I am surprised to see Law To Himself such a big price compared to Carragold, yards horses are starting to turn the corner and running right upto there best right now and he ran a decent race when second last time out behind an unexposed winner. He has ran races off marks a little higher than this and been placed and now with the yard going great guns he might just get himself back on track in this slightly lesser grade than last time out. 1pt win Law To Himself 5/1 bet365

Re: BBOTD 16th of August 15:15 Musselburgh Grey Command (3,75) @ BET365 Last Race : 5-1 (9-10) Tracked leaders on outside, challenged over 3f out, ridden to lead well over 1f out, stayed on well to go clear final furlong, won at Beverley 1m 4f hcp 0-65 (6) sft beating Politbureau (9-0) by 6l, 8 ran. Trainer Mel Brittain is the most succesfull traniner at the moment. He got a 30 % strike rate. Together whit the jockey Robert Winston they got a 60 % strike rate.

Re: BBOTD 16th of August 18.10 Worcester Chesapeake - 1pt win @ sp Chesapeake scored over the fences at the first time of asking over this course and distance back in june and can make it two from two here beating the main rival Stage Acclaim that time and should do the same here with McCoy bringing him home

Re: BBOTD 16th of August Brighton 4.00 1 pt win - Mandhooma 9/2 (WH) He aboslutely loves Brighton, last 4 runs have come at this track (1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd), ground no worry. Likes to be delivered late and there is a few front runners in this line up so the race should be run to suit. Should have every chance.

Re: BBOTD 16th of August Brighton 1530 HIGHLIFE DANCER win 7/2 bet365 This horse is progressing well as a three year old. Carries a 6lb penalty for his latest success but the horse did seem to win a shade cosily lto. Has won on both soft and good/firm ground so shouldn't be a problem, whatever the weather. Trainer isn't in tremendous form but has popped up with a couple of winners with this jock on board recently, and Harley's 3lb claim could help the horse slightly too. :hope

Re: BBOTD 16th of August M3.45 Nicolas Dream 1pt Win 9/2 William Hill The Fahey/Hanagan juggernaut is in full flow now and they both do really well up at Musselburgh so this horse is off interest today. The horse even has some course form as well when staying on over a shorter distance on its only visit to the track. Any further rain would assist its chances and it looks sure to go close over what could well be its optimum conditions.

Re: BBOTD 16th of August 6.10 worcester: stage acclaim will take the world of beating tonight stable know the time of day and jj's stable not in great form so chesapeake has got it all to do. racings all about opinions and views, chappers the man everybody loves to hate :wall

Re: BBOTD 16th of August Trainer Jim Best sends just the one runner over to Brighton and his 5yr old chestnut gelding should run a good race. Hw was riden last time out by P Doe over todays CD and came home 3rd, he never got the best of starts that day but he wasn't beat by far. Mr Best must have some confidence in him and he must be showing something at home that merits another try, and from waht i can see its todays jockey J Quinn's first time on his back. Brighton 5:30 - Pocket's Pick 1pt win 7/1 most firms - Tote - Hills etc etc You,ve got to pick a pocket or two.

Re: BBOTD 16th of August 5:15 Ya Boy Sir@ Musselburgh - Ran on well two runs back to finish 4th here despite losing 3 lengths at the start.Only lost by about three lenghs that day and seems to like it here at Musselburgh.Has only ran twice at this distance but finished 3rd of 11 in one of them.The jockey booking is perfect with Duran Fentiman who usually does well for Ian Semple and can grab a place a good price 0.5pt E/W @ 20/1 VCBet

Re: BBOTD 16th of August 2:30 Brighton - Bronze Angel - Back I'm taking on the odds on favourite. He obviously has a great chance having come 2nd in debut and is less exposed than bronze angel so it would be no surprise if he were to win. However, bronze angel was very unlucky lto and probably would have won a decent nursery had he got a clear run. I think he is way overpriced here and I'm willing to take the chance 1pt win @ 2/1 Bet365 BOG

Re: BBOTD 16th of August 740 Worcester: Ban Uisce (100/30 Bet365) Like this ones chances if you can forget his run back in May, it was at Towcester on very fiorm ground and he made a right blunder 3 out, it can be hard to get going again at that track and was eased off. Previously he has the beating of this moderate field and the stable were in the winners circle the other day so should take all the beating here.

Re: BBOTD 16th of August 17:40 Worcester MISAMON is a much bigger price than I expected him to be and although not a selection I have a great deal of confidence in winning the race, he's a tough sort and that may dividends today with how the race will likely pan out. He hasn't won since 2010 when winning off a much lower hurdles mark but has generally been in good form this time around. Creditable performances coming off slightly higher marks in better races than this. His run last time at Southwell will have to be ignored but this is a much weaker race and he can bounce back to form after a short break. Doesn't have to lead and this will be useful as there's plenty of pace on here with My Condor and New Rackheath likely to set a decent gallop. You'll need to stay further than 2 miles to win this one I think and Misamon does just that, running well this season over 2m4f. Rince Donn is also well-fancied but has done all his winning with cut in the ground and he's a temperamental character anyway. I was planning on leaving the race alone at yesterday's prices but the 5/1 on offer for Misamon looks appealing. I'm quite sure he'll finish in the first 3 and this seems an "EW bet to nothing". Yard's limited runners going quite well and hopeful of at least a decent showing. (Win bet for bbotd purposes). MISAMON; Win @ 5/1 Bet365 (bog)

Re: BBOTD 16th of August 4.00 Brighton Cheylesmore - emerged from the fog to win here last time and clearly loves sharp, LH circuits with victories coming here and having run well at Lingfield in the past too. Chances of dominating boosting by withdrawl of Lady Florence. 4/1 365, 1 pt win

Re: BBOTD 16th of August 3.00 Brighton - 1pt win Newby Lodge @ 11/2 (Hills) - BOG This horse has been quite frustrating to follow, and hasn't lived up to her quite hefty price tag so far in her short career. She has only had 8 runs, but her career has seen her with three different trainers - now with Alan Bailey after she was sold out of Bryan Smart's and then William Haggas' yards. He ran poorly on her handicap debut at Bath, but was hampered soon after the start, and the race was a bit of a messy affair. However, she did travel quite well before fading, shaping as if she did have a modicum of ability. This was proved correct when contesting a seller at Warwick over 11f. She drew 6l clear with the winner Urban Kode, who narrowly got the better of Newby Lodge off favourable terms. That winner has been enjoying himself at this level, and looks a solid yardstick in selling company. Newby Lodge was put into handicap company after this effort, over 9f at Yarmouth - where she finished in midfield, beaten 12l. the trip was on the sharp side, and she probably needs to be racing in claimers and sellers at the moment. Last time out he was up to 14f and really caught the eye. She travelled up like a dream, looking the likely winner before finding precious little. This might be the way the horse is, but shaped as if dropping back to 12f would prove ideal. Especially considering her best run by far came over 11f. Today she runs over 12f and despite the race being a handicap, it is an extremely weak one. She should be able to pick up a race off a mark of 50 and I expect her to be travelling ominously well, and I just hope she finds something off the bridle today.

Re: BBOTD 16th of August 4.00 Brighton Although Fire King is best suited by the mile he is so good here that I think he may just have enough speed for this. Never raced at this distance and is up against a couple of proven C/D winners but he may surprise. Disappointed lto here after an easy victory the time before but that might have come too soon. Worth a wager at the price. 0.5 Pts e/w 10/1 Bet365

Re: BBOTD 16th of August 4.00pm @ Brighton 'Ivory Lace' 7/1 (ladbrokes) Horse is running reasonably well, been tracking it for a few months now and can't help but admire the way it usually travels supremely well before struggling when push comes to shove. It's going to win on the bridle one of these days, why not today? When it is certainly well in with a few of the more fancied runners. 1 point win

Re: BBOTD 16th of August 4:30 Brighton - Tagansky - 1pt win @ 6/1 Bet365 With No Larking, Adelina Patti and Viking Rose all liking to, if not set the pace, certainly be bang there in the mix, there looks to be a good likelihood of a strong pace on here. That would suit my selection perfectly over a trip probably a little short of his optimum. Course experience lto when getting into a bit of a bout with another horse, he can put that experience to good use this afternoon at a nice price

Re: BBOTD 16th of August 5.25 Sligo - Rum King (18/1 VC) 1pt Win Only shown fleeting glimpses of form since his two year old days, but was rated in the 90s at the start of last season not a whole lot gone right since then but clearly has some ability. First run for a fairly shrewd trainer tonight and if the change of scenery has sweetened him up and he returns to some sort of form then I think this race is very winnable. Although jockey bookings would suggest the yard's other runner in the race is more fancied I genuinely believe this fellow has a serious chance and could well go close.

Re: BBOTD 16th of August Al Khawaneej 6.50 Kempton. 0.5 points each way. Needs to find plenty of improvement, but I feel this switch to the aw surface and the application of a visor can bring about enough to see him get involved. Spencer a good booking and the trip appears ok, so at decent odds would be a bet for me. 14/1 Bet365 (bog)

Re: BBOTD 16th of August 8.20 Kempton Accustomed 7/1 Ladbrokes Has been steadily improving on turf and this well bred horse should go well on her nursery debut. Some decent horses in opposition but 7/1 looks a big price for this horse. Stable are in ok form and I like the jockey.