BBOTD Monday 8th Aug

7.10 Windsor Mahadee has made a slow start to the season failing to beat a rival on first 2 starts but did finish much closer last time out over CD offering a lot more than he had recently, and remains well treated running off the same mark with a useful apprentice taking off a further 3lb makes him look well treated off a 6lb lower mark than his last winning mark. Fast ground ideal and with no obvious front runner in the field it is gonna pay to be handy as it often is round here anyhow so has a sound chance. Viva Vitoria continues to run well but he is 0 from 22 on turf but often needs a strong pace and does settle very well so whether this race will be run to suit is questionable. Ocean Legend also carries a similar profile as Viva having done all his winning on the AW but is 5lb below last winning mark but has shown very little in recent months since last win which is a worry. Rees Rascal is usually a reliable 3yr old and has won over CD off a 10lb higher mark and concern the handicapper is finally catching up having put a slightly below par effort back over CD on penultimate start despite finishing 2nd and was well below best at Epsom although you can forgive any horse a run there. He also seems better suited to being able to get his toe in the ground. Starwatch is worth a small saver for all I dont think there is much value in his current price but he is in fantastic form at the moment, he stormed home over a mile at Lingfield went up a fairly hefty 9lb and just scraped home on faster ground again at Lingfield over 7f ultimately on top at the line and surely the step back up to a mile is a positive move but whats puts me off a bigger bet is he is up 3lb and also loss off useful 3lb claimer means he has to race off a 6lb higher mark and a career higher mark to contend with. Rustic Deacon has made a bit of a mockery of his mark since going handicapping winning on handicap debut off a mark of 56 and followed up on a mark of 62 both on the AW over 1m2f and then scored on reappearance over CD and just got home from a positive ride by Hughes but was then a bitter disappointment at Ripon perhaps ground to testing and could easily bounce back back under Hughes and could get a soft lead in this race with a serious lack of pace and Hughes will know that and knowone rides this course better in my opinion. 1pt win Rustic Deacon 4/1 bet365

Re: BBOTD Monday 8th Aug Negotiation - Lingfield 2:30 Last win came off a mark of 81 and now runs off 65 in this small field and if showing anywhere near its best it must have a huge chance. The favourite Green Wadi is a very quirky sort that is very unreliable, With Hindsight is being upped in trip and needs to show a lot more, Fluvial won on debut but has shown nothing since so is opposable, Clarion Call has had one good run out of several so is inconsistent, i suppose the biggest danger i see is Highlife Dancer for the Channon stable who is in good heart who is also a course winner but i think Negotiation has a big chance at the weights if showing any bit of former ability! Win @ 11/2 (Boylesports) BOG

Re: BBOTD Monday 8th Aug Ling 2.30 - With Hindsight - win at 5/1 BOG bet365 Lightly raced 3yo from a stable running into good form with 3 winners from last 6 runs He ran quite a nice race last time when stepped up in trip to 8.5 furlongs at Epsom. After being bumped at the start he settled in the rear and travelled nicely, never put in the race but ran on promisingly in the final furlong. That was his first run back after a break and he might come on a bit The extra half furlong here should help, he drops in class from class 4 to class 5 and is down a couple of pounds in the weights. quick thumbnails on the others........ Green wadi - doesn't find much in the finish Negotiation - runs ok but infrequent winner Fluvial - well beaten in handicaps Clarion call - my 'next best' but probably wants further Highlife Dancer - all best runs in class 6, goes well here

Re: BBOTD Monday 8th Aug 3.15 Wolves: Buxton 1pt win @ 12/1 Will Hill BOG Horse looks very well handicapped on best known form. Is now 4lbs lower than last winning mark when winning over this trip at Brighton in April and has won from as high as 80 in the past. Dropped to only 66 now thanks to a couple of woeful recent efforts - however last couple of runners from stable offer hope that the horse may leave that form behind today. With a decent pace likely thanks to the presence of Glenridding in the field the race may get run to suit this hold up horse. Think 14/1 looks a little generous as if horse puts best foot forward would be entitled to go very close from this mark.

Re: BBOTD Monday 8th Aug 15:30 Lingfield Win Green Future 7,50 @ BET365 Class 6 middel distance race. This Maiden, had no luck in its previews 4 class 5 races. This might be the time to fill its potential, against some promising contenders. The jockey, Jim Crowley might be able to take the horse to the next level and free it from its maiden label. Jim Crowley had some really good last 8-10 days. 6 wins and 2 places, really got him firred up. The main rivals today is Jovial, Sennockian Storm & Zelos Diktator.

Re: BBOTD Monday 8th Aug 0.5 e/w howyadoingnotsobad 11/1 boyle sports 14.15 wolverhampton with supercharged the odds on fav in this weak 9 runner field the e/w oppertuneties are good here,i like the look of howyadoingnotsobad who was a decent 4th over this distance last time out only beaten by 2 lenghts,sportinglife have this @ 6/1 so the 11/1 boyle sports have it is decent e/w value,i can only see 3 competetive horses in the race(im probably wrong) i wont be doing supercharged at odds on and cant see sannibel beating supercharged so the value bet for me looks the e/w on howyadoingnotsobad,tradeing at well over evens for the place on bfair will be having a decent bet on this(maybe a quid) this was showing @ 11/1 on oddschecker 5 or 10 mins ago,not no more but if you go to boylesports website is still available

Re: BBOTD Monday 8th Aug 2.30 Lingfield Highlife Dancer comes here in great form and is still on a very decent mark. This trainer and jockey combination are in flying at the moment and although this is a competitive little race he should have enough speed to cope with the drop in distance. 1 Pt win 7/2 Boylesports

Re: BBOTD Monday 8th Aug

0.5 e/w howyadoingnotsobad 11/1 boyle sports 14.15 wolverhampton with supercharged the odds on fav in this weak 9 runner field the e/w oppertuneties are good here,i like the look of howyadoingnotsobad who was a decent 4th over this distance last time out only beaten by 2 lenghts,sportinglife have this @ 6/1 so the 11/1 boyle sports have it is decent e/w value,i can only see 3 competetive horses in the race(im probably wrong) i wont be doing supercharged at odds on and cant see sannibel beating supercharged so the value bet for me looks the e/w on howyadoingnotsobad,tradeing at well over evens for the place on bfair will be having a decent bet on this(maybe a quid) this was showing @ 11/1 on oddschecker 5 or 10 mins ago,not no more but if you go to boylesports website is still available
the 11/1 is back on oddschecker

Re: BBOTD Monday 8th Aug 5:45 Katies Tuitor @ Wolverhampton - Hasn't ran well on both starts on the flat this season but has shown that it is a good horse winning some good hurdle races off as high a rating as 150.Will get the trip no problem and won on the all weather early on in its career. 0.5 pt E/W @ 10/1 Boyle Sports cheers

Re: BBOTD Monday 8th Aug 8.00 Thirsk - Jamaican Bolt (3/1 Stan James) 1pt Win From the in-form Bryan Smart yard this son of Pivotal is yet to run a bad race thus far in a three race career, took a weak maiden at Southwell on penultimate start before running a promising race in an apprentice handicap at York last time out. Would very much be a surprise were there not further improvement in this fellow and re-united with Tom Eaves and with no problems with conditions I think he should go very close and I think he'll start a bit shorther than 3/1.

Re: BBOTD Monday 8th Aug The Jolly in Race 3 at Thirsk tonight will be hard to beat, its also David Probert's sole ride of the night but at 7/4 i must pass him over. I'll have a few bob on trainer Mr Barron's 2yr old colt, he wasn,t that far away last time out and that was only his second start in the racing game. He's had a month off and am pretty sure tonight Mr Barron will have him wound up and fit to race, he only sends out the two but id say this is the one he's came to see. Thirsk 7:00 - THIRKLEBY - 0.5 e/w bet @ 13/2 most firms Bet365 - Tote etc. Just like Bob Geldof, i don't like Mondays.

Re: BBOTD Monday 8th Aug 5.40 Windsor - Backtrade E/W 8/1 BET365 Expensive 37,000 purchase for Andrew Balding colt by Holy Roman Emperor returns from a 2month break and has shown decent form on both its two starts to date. On debut over 5f on good ground, looked a bit green to start with but did make up the ground to lie 3rd but ultimately lacked enough in closing stages to keep 3rd and overtaken in final furlong to finish 4th. 6th place that day was the grp 2 runner up Roman Soldier and 4 from that race won next time out so does look a decent contest. Last time out it raced over 5 furlongs on gd/sft ground at sandown , got a good break from stalls and same tactics as on debut for probert by getting the horse just behind the two leaders , and when Verbeeck pushed for home with 1-2 furlongs to run , did quicken well but sadly knocked against the rail and lost its rhythm and ultimately dropped back. Under no illusions that the winner would have remained the same but feel mines could have got 2nd as not that far behind the front at the time. Rating of 76 is best achieved so far from there with a couple winning nurseries but with it sent off 85/40 fav was obviously expected to do better. Jimmy fortune takes the ride today , and is currently 2/12 on baldings 2yo this year and have found him to be better than probert this year on juveniles. predict a better run today and can go close

Re: BBOTD Monday 8th Aug 830 Thirsk: Neptune Equestor 1pt (7/2 Hills) Competative 2 mile handicap at Thirsk on paper but not many can win this, Soprano won well last time, Simple Jim was well fancied last time and has Spencer on board and Neptune Equestor won well at Carlisle. Of the three I like Neptune Equestor, he goes well on any ground including soft if it happens to rain later, is well handicapped on the flat and will get the strong pace he needs to bring out his stamina. 7/2 looks fair and may be shorter by the off?

Re: BBOTD Monday 8th Aug 1point win mangerhanagement 9/2 PP 2020 ballinrobe his bare form reads slightly disappointing when you consider his probable potential. he was a seriously sore favorite last time out, but remains of interest with his ability still to be fulfilled. this is an open enough contest to be backing a 9/2 favourite on the nose, id suggest a large eachway if he drifts anywhere towards 6/1 and a second glance at regal obligation aswell. but il take the chance that paul carberry can get him setlled and this is the day he makes that leap:cow

Re: BBOTD Monday 8th Aug 3.15 Wolverhampton - 1pt win Forward Feline @ 8/1 (BlueSQ) This mare goes well around Wolverhampton, recording all of her career wins here. She often failed to get her head in front, but that seemed to come together in the spring when winning twice. She's better on the all-weather, especially around here, so her last run can be ignored. 7f and a good pace will suit her. There should be a decent pace on with Glenridding in the field, among other prominent racers, and she can pick them up late on. Had a little absence but nothing to be too concerned about, and has scope to pick up another race off a 3lb higher mark.

Re: BBOTD Monday 8th Aug 6:40 Windsor - We Have A Dream - 1pt win @ 25/1bog Ladbrokes Back down to just 2lbs higher than for the last of his 2 wins earlier this year. Finished 23rd of 25 in an ultra-competitive Goodwood handicap last time. However a neck behind in 24th that day was Quasi Congaree who came out and won a handicap at Newmarket nto off 2lb higher. Drawn in 2 tonight which looks ideal for this front runner, and on a course that often favours those at the forefront of the early action looks overpriced at 25/1