France - Ligue 2 - 5-8 August

Friday 5 August 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Clermont Foot v En Avant Guingamp (19:00 BST) 2.32 3.27 3.75 100.35 %
maximize.gif FC Nantes v SC Bastia (19:00 BST) 2.49 3.2 3.4 100.82 %
maximize.gif Istres v RC Lens (19:00 BST) 3.06 3.2 2.6 102.39 %
maximize.gif Le Havre AC v Stade Lavallois (19:00 BST) 2.06 3.37 4.5 100.44 %
maximize.gif Le Mans FC v Tours (19:00 BST) 1.8 3.59 5.6 101.27 %
maximize.gif Stade Reims v Amiens SC (19:00 BST) 2.04 3.36 4.2 102.59 %
maximize.gif US Boulogne v Angers SCO (19:00 BST) 2.33 3.2 3.55 102.34 %
maximize.gif LB Châteauroux v CS Sedan Ardennes (19:20 BST) 3.39 3.2 2.5 100.75 %
Saturday 6 August 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Troyes AC v AS Monaco (13:30 BST) 2.77 3.16 2.84 102.96 %
Monday 8 August 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif FC Metz v AC Arles-Avignon (19:30 BST) 2 3.31 4.72 101.40 %

Re: France - Ligue 2 - 5-8 August Just a quick few from me Le Havre -0.5 @ 2.0 6/10 Le Havre are renowned as one of the better home teams in ligue 2, they are strong in front of their own fans. Last week, they gained a morale boosting, if not lucky win away against Angers. The 3 points picked up is sure to have filled them with confidence. Today they only really miss on key man, goalkeeper Placide, but Boucher showed last week he’s a more than adequate replacement by saving two penalties. Laval miss key man Jerome Lebouc tonight and I worry where they will have much of an attacking threat from. Les Tangos were shocking away last year and I expect it to continue tonight. 2.0 on a -0.5 looks big and HAC are my strongest bet of the night. Clermont -0.25 @ 1.93 5/10 Clermont showed last week that despite looking weaker this season, that they still have excellent fight, determination and are well led by Michel De Zakarian. This looks like a good chance for them to pick up another 3 points tonight facing a Guingamp side that didn’t really impress last week. The visitors played out a dull 1-1 draw with Chateauroux and looked a bit sluggish, struggling to create chances. Clermont miss key man Ekobo to injury tonight, but welcome back Romain Allesandrini. The hosts should have more of a physical presence and Guingamp will be in for a tough ride. I’ll take Clermont -0.25 here @ a decent price. Nantes -0.25 @ 2.11 4/10 I backed Nantes last week and they didn’t really deliver the goods, struggling at Sedan. That can be a difficult place to go though and Sedan played well on the night. This will be a challenge facing Bastia, but Nantes are too big a price for me to ignore tonight. Landry Chauvin has ringed the changes for this match, leaving out a few surprise names on the sidelines. That might be a good thing, clearly Les Canaris are a side who need to be shaken up and Chauvin knows what needs to be done. Bastia started the season with a win, but I want to see if they can repeat it on the road. I’ll take a chance and back Nantes again, because the price looks value to me. Chateauroux +0.25 @ 1.91 4/10 This will be the first time a new artificial turf is used at Le Stade Gaston Petit, it could be that home advantage will be key. But overall I think Sedan are still overrated by the bookies. Yes, they’ve done well to beat Monaco and Nanets so far this season, but both of those games were at home. Remember, they were pretty poor on their travels last year and it was a defeat here at Chateauroux which pretty much ended their promotion ambitions. Both teams are at full strength but I think the hosts can pick up at least a point. They looked solid and comfortable enough at Guingamp last week, so I’d say they can build on it. For Sedan to be favourites on the road in week 2 is a bit too much if you ask me, the value is on Les Berrichonne. Tours +0.75 @ 1.90 3/10 This is my smallest bet of the night and perhaps a slight gamble. Tours were very poor on the road last year and they have never been renowned for travelling too well. However, every time I look at this Le Mans squad I have serious doubts that they will do as well as some people expect this season. I cant help but feel they are massively overrated by the bookies. Look at their squad and see how inexperienced it is compared to last season! It might be that they do get 3 points tonight, but I’ll pay to find out if they perform as bad as they look on paper. Only small stakes, but a +0.75 handicap looks very generous on the visitors. Best of luck everyone!

Re: France - Ligue 2 - 5-8 August I haven't been able to do quite as much research as I'd hoped to this week, but even before then I had this down as a trappy card. However, there is one bet I like, one that meatman has already mentioned. - Le Havre -0.5AH (v Laval) @ 2.00 with Pinnacle medium stake I had this one lined up since the start of the week and I'm totally amazed that the price has held firm at even money. I suspect it's because Le Havre are missing goalkeeper Placide, although Boucher came off the bench at Angers and saved two penalties. His general play looked a bit suspect but I don't think he'll be called into action a great deal by Laval. Les Tangos are missing Lebouc, although Levrat comes in, but it'll deprive them of their talisman. They were poor at home to Clermont, particularly in defence, and I think they are in for a rough ride this season. They lack pace at the back, and that'll count against them considering Le Havre have option in Riviere, Fanchone, Mendes de Graca, Mesloub and Bonnet. Le Havre are normally a solid side who like to attack at home, and I think they'll eye this as a good chance to get three points at home. Laval, in my opinion, aren't strong enough yet to compete with sides like this on the road.

Re: France - Ligue 2 - 5-8 August

Sport Football (France)
Event Le Havre vs Laval
Selection Le Havre -0.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 05/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Coral @ 1.91
Reasoning Le Havre started the season with a fine 1-2 win away from home against Angers. On the other hand Laval lost their first game 1-2 at home vs Clermont. Over the past seasons these teams have met 7 times, Le Havre W5 D1 L1 at home. This includes Le Havre's 1-0 win the last time these two met in this exact same fixture. All that said and Le Havre's generally strong home form from last season gives me the impression they should do enough to win this game in front of their home fans.

Event Nantes - Bastia
Selection Bastia AH 0.0 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 05/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Coral @ 2.10
Reasoning The money that the teams spend don't bring results. Only winning games they can profit the investment they make. Nantes is still on adaptation to the new staff and after the last season, lots of work are still to be done. But Nantes need points with urgency as in May, the points they start loosing can't be recovered. It is a big challenge as Nantes is starting all over. The fans have no confidence on the team after so many disapointments and they want to start seeing results. Only 10.000 should see this game alive. Very few considering recent times. But the true is that on the recent past Nantes comited too many errors, mistakes and the mood in the club was a war mood. Today, Wiltord won't play due to injury. Bastia won last week 3-1 against Istres at home. They are full confident to get a positive result here.

Just a quick few from me Le Havre -0.5 @ 2.0 6/10 Le Havre are renowned as one of the better home teams in ligue 2, they are strong in front of their own fans. Last week, they gained a morale boosting, if not lucky win away against Angers. The 3 points picked up is sure to have filled them with confidence. Today they only really miss on key man, goalkeeper Placide, but Boucher showed last week he’s a more than adequate replacement by saving two penalties. Laval miss key man Jerome Lebouc tonight and I worry where they will have much of an attacking threat from. Les Tangos were shocking away last year and I expect it to continue tonight. 2.0 on a -0.5 looks big and HAC are my strongest bet of the night.
strongest bet huh!?!? you ******* suck dude you ******* lose all your bets. stop posting because you suck

strongest bet huh!?!? you ******* suck dude you ******* lose all your bets. stop posting because you suck
hahahaha well I must admit tonight hasn't been the best for me, unfortunately it looks like a loss of about -15pts. Everyone can have a bad round though. As for you, whoever you are because you havent even got the balls to give your own name. Shut the fcuk up, put your money where your mouth is and lets see some predictions of yours in future

Re: France - Ligue 2 - 5-8 August Apologies to all followers tonight. Having just watched Chateauroux - Sedan, I'm not really sure how the hosts lost, they deserved at least a point really unlucky there. Le Havre by all accounts didnt perform and Laval worth their point. No excuses at Nantes either, they performed shit, it seems my faith is completely misguided with them at the moment. Still a couple of games left in this round, I'm confident Troyes and Metz will win and I can reduce my losses :hope

Haha, you are a ridiculous child. Bad days / downswings are a part of this business. It is good to see someone like meatman posting here who provides the forum readers with so many good informations. But it is your own fault if you have a bad bankroll management and if your bankroll has been smashed because you followed meatman this time. So pls stop crying, child. ;)

Re: France - Ligue 2 - 5-8 August Troyes 0 AH @ 1.95 sbobet 5/10 Monaco were dire on Monday night during their 0-0 draw against Boulogne. They didn't create many chances and generally got outplayed in the 2nd half by mediocre opponents. The squad tonight misses a few players including new signing Helstad who is usually athreat upfront. Monaco seem to me like a 'work in progress' at the moment really, they should get better but need time. This could be a tough 'banana skin' fixture away at a Troyes side who will look to pass the ball today and play with style. On a good early season pitch, it should suit them nicely, and all of the players will be motivated to do well against a big team like Monaco, there should be a decent crowd too. The hosts have few injury problems and welcome back key midfielder Faussurier to the team today. I think they can pick up at least ap oint, so 5/10 on a 0AH seems like decent value to me. Monaco need to really improve on their Monday performance to pick up a victory here.

Re: France - Ligue 2 - 5-8 August FT 1-1 Monaco led for a fair while here before Troyes equalised around the 70th min. They were easily the better side and should've won really. So I'm kinda dissapointed to only get a push out of this game. Still, at the same time I thought it'd be another of those days again and Monaco would somehow undeservedly win. Lack of home wins in this matchday has been dissappointing, I will probably take Metz on Monday night to beat Arles

Just spotted this. You're a wee wankstain. I'm looking forward to your valuable insight next weekend. Do you reckon Reims will keep up their 100% record at Monaco? Will Lens get their first points? Or how about Chateauroux - will they be affected by their loss at home? Put up or shut up. Meatman had a bad weekend, but it happens to the best of us, and he's good enough to take the time out of his day to post his picks. Sometimes they win, sometimes they lose. If you're disappointed, fine, but your reaction is totally out of order. In fact, forget about that valuable insight. Have yourself a ban for a total lack of respect to one of the people who make this forum tick.

Re: France - Ligue 2 - 5-8 August Hi Guys my first post here.Been watching this forum for some time and i have to say i look forward to reading the posts and information that Meatman' Atko and others give in the French Football and other Leagues.I would have to say since i have been following them as well as others.I have had many a nice bet up.As we all know in gambling we have our good days and of course the bad ones as well.We just hope to have more good days than bad.Its all part of the game. Meatman do not waste your time giving that person a response:@.As he is not worth it.:Keep up the good work and thank you all for sharing your thoughts on the french footie every week.:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Re: France - Ligue 2 - 5-8 August meatman, Atko and others who contribute on this forum, you shoudn't be paying much attention to anyone who can't give you a thank you for all the work you are doing here...providing everybody with much insight and your views on the games...keep up with the good work and good luck...

Re: France - Ligue 2 - 5-8 August Fc Metz - Arles : Arles Asian +0,5 (1,95) @ Bet365 Arles first season ever in Ligue 1, was a disaster. Now they are back with the other hopeful aspirants to Ligue 2. They got a approved start to the season with a narrow victory over Le Mans. The 3 points were expected, but it should give hope and optimism, with a successful start. Fc Metz was after their relegation in 08, among the top teams in the series. They have however, found it hard to live up to the performances the last 2 seasons. Just 1 point, saved them from relegation last season. Coach Dominique Bijotat should really improve himselves and the team, if Metz got ambitions of getting higher up the table. Fc Metz. 2 disappointing seasons in a row, the beleaguered Fc Metz fans hunger for the success they enjoyed a few years ago. As the team looks at the moment, they'll settle for a place in the bottom half of the table a little longer. There is no signs that the new players Bijotat, got so far can lift the level of the team. Metz has picked up a small portion of Evian TG's surplus stock in terms of Pierre Bouby and Oumar Pouye. Defend Bruce Abdoulaye, from Clermont Foot, are alsow a newcommer and properly their best signing. They all got their debut in the premiere. It was not a premiere that created jubilation in the locker room. Tours took all 3 points but have subsequently shown that they are an improved team since last Friday victory against Le Mans. Arles Avignon. Arles first season in Ligue 1 was a disaster. The club and the players were not ready for the resistance they met. They also retrieve only 20 points and relegation was soon a reality. Now they gotta use the experience they got to built up their lost confidence. Last season's top team, Le Mans, was the first step. The victory must now build on and Fc Metz, may prove to be a suitable opponent at this time. Arles has had many changes over the summer. One might expect that it would take time to get all the new players to work together. It did however seem like coach Faruk Hadzibegic have done his job well in terms of makeing his group of new players, play together as a team and to create acceptable results early in the season

Put up or shut up. Meatman had a bad weekend, but it happens to the best of us, and he's good enough to take the time out of his day to post his picks. Sometimes they win, sometimes they lose. If you're disappointed, fine, but your reaction is totally out of order. In fact, forget about that valuable insight. Have yourself a ban for a total lack of respect to one of the people who make this forum tick.
Agreed... Respect is earned, and will be given. A lot of us have to thank both Meatman and Atko for their work on french leagues, and their info and advices... OT: Not much to say, for tonight I like "DRAW or ARLES" @ 1.83 (Bet365) I never had much faith in Metz, they had a poor season last year, and didn't start of this one very well, either... This round is pretty strange, with Le Havre losing, Tours winning on the road, and so on, so why wouldn't Arles grab at least a point here?

Re: France - Ligue 2 - 5-8 August Metz - Arles: Draw @ 3.40 (Stan James) 10/10 Metz are a bit short here, I think. At the same time I don't have any cofidence, at the moment, in Arles. Metz started off the season with a loss at Tours (1-0). Arles won 1-0 at home against Le Mans (they lost to the same team a week before 0-1 in a cup match) but weren't that creative or convincing. I believe Metz are still trying to find their footing after a terrible 2010-2011 season and Arles are trying to adjust to playing in League 2 after a miserable season in League 1. Arles may be a bit better on paper, but currently nothing points to a win for either team and the draw offers a good percentage bet at attractive odds.

Agreed... Respect is earned, and will be given. A lot of us have to thank both Meatman and Atko for their work on french leagues, and their info and advices... OT: Not much to say, for tonight I like "DRAW or ARLES" @ 1.83 (Bet365) I never had much faith in Metz, they had a poor season last year, and didn't start of this one very well, either... This round is pretty strange, with Le Havre losing, Tours winning on the road, and so on, so why wouldn't Arles grab at least a point here?
Remember to look at the asian odds. Draw or Arles is Arles +0,5 in asian odds. There you would get 1,95 for the same thing :cigar

Metz - Arles: Draw @ 3.40 (Stan James) 10/10 Metz are a bit short here, I think. At the same time I don't have any cofidence, at the moment, in Arles. Metz started off the season with a loss at Tours (1-0). Arles won 1-0 at home against Le Mans (they lost to the same team a week before 0-1 in a cup match) but weren't that creative or convincing. I believe Metz are still trying to find their footing after a terrible 2010-2011 season and Arles are trying to adjust to playing in League 2 after a miserable season in League 1. Arles may be a bit better on paper, but currently nothing points to a win for either team and the draw offers a good percentage bet at attractive odds.
Final Result: Metz 0 : 0 Arles Yes! :clap

Remember to look at the asian odds. Draw or Arles is Arles +0' date='5 in asian odds. There you would get 1,95 for the same thing :cigar[/quote'] Yeah, thanks, I don't play asian handicap, because it doesn't help me claim some bonuses on bet365... However, when I've placed my bet - "Arles or draw" went to 2.0 so that was the price I've got... It was a good day yesterday, I won 4 of 4 matches :))