UEFA Europa League > Thurs 4 August

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thurs 4 August Thun vs. Palermo Palermo face their first high pressure game of the season due to their inept performance in the first-leg. They played well enough and created a lot of good chances but failed to convert. They were in turn caught out at the back and only just salvaged a draw. Pioli has seemingly taken a team that could not defend with a back four and decided to play a back 3. It of course looked very rusty in the first-leg. He is expected to persist with it and this should be their line-up: 3-4-2-1: Benussi; Munoz, Bovo, Mantovani; Cassani, Migliaccio, Nocerino, Balzaretti; Zahavi, Illicic; Miccoli. Miccoli will rightfully lead the line tonight and is by far their most influential player. Zahavi and Illicic looked comfortable together as attacking players. Balza and Cassani guarantee width and will bomb on although the end product is not quite as good as you'd want from wingers given that they are naturally full-backs. Mig and Nocerino will scrap away in CM and Nocerino will support when he can. Given the scoreline Palermo have no option to attack Thun at some point. It may not be quite gung-ho but they must press the match. They have the players to trouble Thun for sure, but I doubt Thun will sit back and defend for the whole match. They seemed a little limited but given Palermo's inept D they can certainly grab a goal or two tonight - providing they don't pussy out. I'm going for goals tonight given that Palermo have to score and I don't think Thun will just sit, they'll at least play a counter game. Given Palermo's D Thun will get the opportunity to score. Over 3 goals - 2.10 - 5 points - Bet365

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thurs 4 August

Sport Football (Europa League)
Event Rabotnicki Skopje vs Anorthosis Famagusta
Selection Rabotnicki
Strength 5/10
Date 04/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 5.00
Reasoning Taking a slight gamble with this bet but I cannot find any reason why the home team is being offered at such a high price. They won the 1st leg 2-0 away from home and surely they should be able to score at home and more than likely win while they are at it. I am not sure if I am missing out on some crucial team news hence the medium stakes. Be vary if you do intend to follow, but I do think this bet has very good potential.
I have also taken a gamble on Rabotnicki as the odds were just so good, i got odds of 5.10 from youwin last night before i saw kiddo112 reply about the reason for such large odds. This looks like a tie which could be very tight, Rabotnicki the home team but Famagusta being the better team, the potential payout on a team who can counter attack are just too good to pass up.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thurs 4 August Sligo Rovers -v- Vorskla Poltava This is so difficult to call. I watched the majority of the first leg, and Sligo had a lot of possession, and indeed had many chances to score, which I think in hindsight they may regret for not having taken. Vorskla were quite obviously dangerous too in the game, but I think that overall Sligo Rovers came away from the game in Ukraine the happier team and the more confident team. They've also had a weekend of rest, while Vorskla had a two-nil victory away against Karpaty. The mood going into this evening's game is one of confidence and hope that Sligo can make it through to the next round. Sligo have all hands on deck too, as they don't have any suspensions or injuries to worry about. The away team has had a lot of travelling to do for this game too, which plays into Sligo's hands. But, realistically I think Sligo will go out of the tie tonight. There is every chance they could pull off a heroic performance and take a 1-0 victory, but it was obvious from the first leg that they were riding their luck on a few occasions. What is my tip for tonight? I am going with under 2.5 goals, as it is the only safe tip I can give you. The odds for under 2.5 goals are 1.67 on betfair at the moment, and I think this is highly likely. Sligo have conceded 4 goals at home all season in the league, two of which came in a freak match against the league's lowest goalscoring team (Bohemains). If I was to put this another way to you - Paul Cook, their manager is looking for another huge defensive display tonight and is confident of one. Furthermore, if we were to consider this game as a metaphorical cup final match, one should take heart from the fact Sligo drew 0-0 in the FAI cup final last season, but won on penalties. They will be tight at the back, they'll control a lot of possession, and they'll look for that all important goal. Overall, under 2.5 goals is a great bet because if Vorskla get a goal, they will be happy to defend, knowing even a 1-1 draw is enough. So in summary - bet on under 2.5 goals!

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thurs 4 August St Patricks Athletic -v- Karpaty Lviv There has been huge controversy surrounding this game, as the home team have had to deal with a player revolt over the issue of player bonuses for their European adventure. Even this morning, it was possible this game would not go ahead, but thankfully it will. The home club's fans are absolutely outraged that the players almost hijacked their club and brought it into meltdown, as the consequences of not honouring the game would have been catastrophic for a small League of Ireland team - and would surely have put them out of existence. As a result, I think the players know they owe their fans a result, and with the spirit of this young team and the manager in charge, I believe they will avoid defeat tonight. Karpaty had problems of their own, as their travel plans were disrupted yesterday when they missed their original flight to Dublin, and only arrived last night. They'll surely have been even more bemused today, with the threat of the game not even going ahead. St. Pats have already performed brilliantly in their two home leg European games this summer, and although they are up against it tonight with the result they have to overturn, as well as the quality of players they have to play, I am sure they will put the Ukrainian team on the backfoot. I think the most likely outcome tonight is a draw, but I think a better option would be to either lay Karpaty to win (1.8 laying odds) on betfair or choose St Patricks Athletic +0.5 AH @ 2.1 odds, also with betfair. The fact that Karpaty have a 2 goal advantage going into this tie, leaves me believing that they will be content to defend this game and try and prevent St. Pats from scoring. My overwhelming feeling is that the St. Pats players have an awful lot of repairing to do with their fans and the Irish public and they will give a big performance tonight, and therefore that is why I believe the above tips are worthwhile. Of course, it is also entirely possible that they will simply carry on their protest on the pitch tonight, because it is hard to know how well this issue has been solved (it is reported that the issue has been solved), but like I said, I trust the player's attitude tonight to put in a good performance for the fans, and of course for their own pride. Good luck.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thurs 4 August Lokomotiv Sofia v Slask Wroclaw - Over 2.5 @ 2.40 - Betfair 2pts No way should a 2nd leg of a cup tie be this high! I think the fact that the 1st leg ended 0-0 has played a role but that's normal. Sofia, away from home, keep it tight. Their last 8/9 away games have been under in all competitions. Likewise with Slask who only beat Dundee Utd 1-0 at home but then found themselves in a five goal thriller in the return leg. Slask love to counter attack and away from home they can do that to their true potential. I have a feeling they will set up in a 4-5-1 formation but can they keep firm? I doubt it. Sofia went to Metalurg and grinded out a 0-0 draw before edging them in a 3-2 victory in Sofia. Both of these, against the better teams of their leagues, score but do conceed quite a few. This can finish 0-0 like the bookies expect but I'll take the risk and find out. An earlier Slask goal would be brilliant. :ok

I have also taken a gamble on Rabotnicki as the odds were just so good' date=' i got odds of 5.10 from youwin last night before i saw kiddo112 reply about the reason for such large odds. This looks like a tie which could be very tight, Rabotnicki the home team but Famagusta being the better team, the potential payout on a team who can counter attack are just too good to pass up.[/quote'] Yup, the odds are just too good to pass up on. No harm playing with small-ish to medium stakes. Good luck to you too :hope

Event Jablonec - AZ Alkmaar
Selection Jablonec AH 0.0 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 04/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 2.00
Reasoning On the first leg, AZ managed to win the game by 2-0. Jablonec couldn't avoid it and they showed no value to do it. AZ, despite having loss some of their last season stars, could play a very attractive and offensive football. We can say that on the first leg they could have scored more goals, and the second goal only appeared on the minute 88. They missed lots of chances during all the game and they can be pleased with the result they got. But this can be a different game. Jablonec draw with Mlada Boleslav during the weekend saving themselves to this second leg. The mission is very difficult but we must see that AZ will sign a draw or a one goal defeat as they also have in mind the game against PSV next Sunday. I thinbk Jablonec will play to win while AZ will play to defend the result.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thurs 4 August Dinamo Bucuresti @ 1.90 10/10 :nana AEK Larnaca +1.0AH @ 1.68 10/10 :nana Club Brugge @ 1.91 8/10 :wall PAOK Salonika -1.0AH @ 1.90 10/10 :nana Atletico Madrid @ 1.64 10/10 :nana Nacional DNB @ 1.63 10/10 :wall Karpaty Lviv -0.5AH @ 1.80 10/10 :nana Rabotnicki @ 5.00 5/10 :wall Sparta Prague @ 1.90 10/10 :nana Hajduk Split vs Stoke - Under 2.5 Goals @ 1.65 10/10 :nana FC Thun vs Palermo - Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.75 10/10 :wall Dinamo Tbilisi -1.25AH @ 1.95 10/10 :nana 8 out 12 results correct. Pretty good night overall! Total profit: 31.2 points Gratz to all other winners! :ok

2 for me tonight.. St Patricks Athletic v Karpaty Anyone who watched the first leg will know it was a bit of a mismatch, St Pat's stuck 10 men behind the ball and it worked pretty well until they conceded a late 2nd and the 2-0 advantage means it's probably over for them. The money issue with the players is something to keep an eye on and the bookies are certainly reacting to it, some aren't pricing the game at all, and those that are are slashing prices, I'm approaching it as if the sides will have full strength teams out, there are little injuries to report. St Pat's won't have much possession that's for sure, the Karpaty coach is expecting high balls and danger from set pieces which is a fair guess, he said they are taking it very seriously and given their terrible start in the league it is probably in his interests to gain a positive result here. As far as I can tell they are sending over a strong side, and 2-0 is a decent advantage but not enough that you can rest masses of players, the Ukrainian league is a strong one in comparison to a lot of others that are represented at this stage and with St Pat's needing to push forward at some stage they are going to be leaving gaps, it's inevitable. Apparently St Pat's have a bit more going forward than other Irish sides and they have to give it a go so I have reconsidered the under 2.5 and gone for Karpaty straight and -1AH with a decent stake, price is certainly dropping 2.15 now for the -1AH but can't say if it will drop further. Ladbrokes have been slow to update and have the straight price at 1.66 but the -0.5AH which is the same bet, is 1.8 still, don't expect that to last. Karpaty -0.5AH - 1.8 - Ladbrokes - 5 points WIN Karpaty -1AH - 2.25 - Bet365 - 5 points WIN NK Varazdin vs Dinamo Bucuresti First leg was nuts, Dinamo were all over them going 2-0 up then conceded 2 in 3 mins before HT then dominated them all half missing a penalty, having a goal disallowed and hitting the post. Varazdin have had many important players out, financial problems and are terrible in the league so far, a lot has already been said about this game so there is little to add, Varazdin were very lucky in the first leg and luck was all it was. Hoping to avenge my lost bet last week with this one. Dinamo Bucuresti - 1.9 - Ladbrokes - 2.5 points WIN
Full sweep, went to plan.. Hope you didn't lose too much goodens..;)