BBOTD ~ Sat

Re: bbotd sat 15:05 Thirsk Al Mayasah - 1pt win @ sp this looks the best chance for Al Mayasah to get off the mark yet she looks to have lots of ability but had to much to do last time out but in this race things will be much easier and given a good run should win

Re: bbotd sat 3.55 Doncaster Eltheeb could still be progressing but he is becoming very unreliable and although perhaps didnt stay the trip last time out and drops back in trip could improve again but this is a much tougher race. Licence To Till is very well handicapped having won off a mark of 88 at Dundalk last year and has now dropped to 81 and did offer a little more last time probably flattered by staying on behind beaten horses but still not enough to get involved in at the moment. I am also keen to take Bourne on at 5/2 he is far to skinny. He ran a solid race in the Newton cup to finish a strong finishing 2nd, up a 1lb from that effort and returns to a shorter trip which I just feel might find him out he looked to need all of the 12f last week and if he is to defy this mark he may need stepping up further. Pass Muster might be worth taking on board at a big price, only 5 runs to date and still unexposed for all he disappointed last time out having bolted up at Beverley on penultimate start, that was off a mark of 81 disappointing next time out off a mark of 89 but handicapper quickly dropped him 2lb for that effort and has also changed yard so would be no surprise to see him bounce back back on fast ground today and with a couple of front runners in the field should ensure a true test and is clearly bred to be a stayer. The one that stands out as the main bet for the race is Easterby's Barren Brook who landed a competitive york handicap over 1m1f and won really well that date winning going away and certainly looked to have a lot more to offer, up 8lb for that effort and went back to York for another competitive race over a mile doing all his best work late on again but was still a very good 3rd up a further 2lb for that effort but steps back up in trip and that looks to be the key to him and clearly unexposed with stamina stretched at yard are in brilliant form in recent days! 1pt win Barren Brook 13/2 bet365

Re: bbotd sat 2.35 Goodwood - 1pt win Harlestone Times @ 13/2 (Ladbrokes) - BOG Harlestone Times looked a horse to keep on the right side of after rattling up 3 wins from 4 races, with the only defeat coming after a several month absence. It was always likely he would take a bit of time to get into full stride in his career given his pedigree, which is very much middle-distance influenced. He was always staying on over shorter trips but it took a step up to 10f to get off the mark. That was at Goodwood, and he got the better of Fanditha. That horse has gone on this season to run well in listed events. Harlestone Times was sent up in trip again to 1m4f at Brighton, and as expected, destroyed his field by 5l. He went up 10lbs for that and didn't run again until April this year at Epsom. It was a highly encouraging return to the track when chasing home Sunny Game. That horse hasn't been seen since, but Rock A Doodle Doo was 3rd and then won at Ascot before running really well at the same track in the Duke of Edinburgh stakes. Zigato was 5th at Epsom, who also went on to win at Ascot before running well in the Ascot Stakes - and arguably should have won after making up heaps of ground up the straight. It was clear Harlestone Times was still progressive after this effort. He returned to Goodwood after that, and made it 2-2 at the track when staying on dourly to get up to beat Nave by 3/4l. Even though that horse has flopped since, there were horses in behind who franked the form. Beachfire was 2 1/4l behind in 3rd. He won the Wolferton handicap at Royal Ascot in fine style and then ran well in the John Smith's Cup at York. Halicarnassus was a further 3 1/4l behind at Goodwood - another horse to win since at Haydock following two encouraging efforts after Goodwood. I fancied Harlestone Times for the Northumberland Plate and he was sent off the 6/1 fav. His breeding gave him big chances of staying the trip, but it appeared he didn't. He travelled well into the straight but soon found nothing under pressure, and faded tamely to be 15th of 19. He travelled like he was still in form, and back down 2f tomorrow, it should be much more suitable at a track where he has a 100% record. The ground was on the soft side at Newcastle which will have made it even more stamina-sapping, so it is worth forgiving I feel. He's better on quicker ground I think, and his sire has better stats on a better surface, so in that regard he'll have conditions to suit. I think he can resume his promise now, over a trip that may prove to be his optimum distance.

Re: bbotd sat 3.45 Goodwood Edinburgh Knight - during the draw (made by Didi Hamann!!) Dandy opted to keep all of his runners down the centre. It may be that the likes of Tajneed and Tax Free will blaze a trail with VICTORIE DE LYPHAR just sitting off them to pounce late. Ran well in Stewards Cup consolation race last year and although poor twice this since has probably been aimed at a race like this. Victoire De Lyphar 15/1 Hills, 1 pt win

Re: bbotd sat

3.45 Goodwood Edinburgh Knight - during the draw (made by Didi Hamann!!) Dandy opted to keep all of his runners down the centre. It may be that the likes of Tajneed and Tax Free will blaze a trail with VICTORIE DE LYPHAR just sitting off them to pounce late. Ran well in Stewards Cup consolation race last year and although poor twice this since has probably been aimed at a race like this. Victoire De Lyphar 15/1 Hills, 1 pt win
First name in the post should read Victoire de Lyphar not Edinburgh Knight.

Re: bbotd sat 1point win mymumsaysimthebest 12/1 bet 365 a huge field of 26 and a 7 furlong extended sprint to start the day off..they all mite not race though due to the lack of rain recently and that improves the chance of picking a winner. ryan moore gets the leg up on this one a hatrickseeker after two ready wins. hit wth an 8pound rise for those but thats not insurmountable given his form. il go WIN but id advise a large eachway if ur betting

Re: bbotd sat 2:05 Goodwood - Quasi Congaree - 1pt win @ 40/1 Ladbrokes The outsider of the lot with the magic sign, but I don't agree with that assessment. The gelding's only turf win so far has been over CD, Gibbons takes the ride and he was in winning form at the festival earlier in the week on Arlequin. This time last year Quasi was stepping up to a Class 3 handicap at Newmarket and finishing a close 3rd off a pound higher. lto, again at Newmarket, he went down down by a nose having started poorly. Looks berthed nicely in 20 with a few bits of pace around at which he can be aimed. Certainly not 'likely' to win, but I think a price of around 18-22/1 would be a more accurate assessment of his chances.

Re: bbotd sat 1 point win atlantic sport 40/1 bet365 15.45 goodwood with 3 wins from 14 contests atlantic sport has a decent chance in this massive field,atlantic sport has one over this distance before allthough that was a class 4 contest(today being a class 2) atlantic sport has won a class one contest over a furlong more,atlantic sport was a decent 5th last time out only beaten 2 lenghts in a class 2,twentythree runner field good e/w claims but again for bbotd 1 point win

1 point win atlantic sport 40/1 bet365 15.45 goodwood with 3 wins from 14 contests atlantic sport has a decent chance in this massive field,atlantic sport has WON over this distance before allthough that was a class 4 contest(today being a class 2) atlantic sport has won a class one contest over a furlong more,atlantic sport was a decent 5th last time out only beaten 2 lenghts in a class 2,twentythree runner field good e/w claims but again for bbotd 1 point win
whoops should have read back before posting, should read atlantic sport has won over this distance before

Re: bbotd sat GoodWood 2:05 Free For All (15,00) @ BET365 The horse Free For All, are ridden by jockey Richard Hughes today. Irish-born Hughes is a jockey with confidence after a great season, so far. He has participated in 373 races, of whom 66 were won and 101 ended in place. Today he will ride the 4 year old brown gelding. This relatively young horse are among the youngest in this race, reserved for horses over 3 year. Free For All, has so far only 6 races in the legs, of which 2 were won and 2 ended with place. Jockey Richard Hughes, was on the horse in its second victory. The track is currently Goodwood. This legendary course in Sussex, attracts about 100.000 participants, at the big races. The surface is grass, which suits jockey Richard Hughes well. This is his 348 race at Goodwood, and he is the most successful jockey at this track, with 57 victories and 137 placements. THIS IS MY FIRST HORSE RACING POST/TIP, CRITICISM APPRECIATED!! :hope:ok

GoodWood 2:05 Free For All (15' date=00) @ BET365 The horse Free For All, are ridden by jockey Richard Hughes today. Irish-born Hughes is a jockey with confidence after a great season, so far. He has participated in 373 races, of whom 66 were won and 101 ended in place. Today he will ride the 4 year old brown gelding. This relatively young horse are among the youngest in this race, reserved for horses over 3 year. Free For All, has so far only 6 races in the legs, of which 2 were won and 2 ended with place. Jockey Richard Hughes, was on the horse in its second victory. The track is currently Goodwood. This legendary course in Sussex, attracts about 100.000 participants, at the big races. The surface is grass, which suits jockey Richard Hughes well. This is his 348 race at Goodwood, and he is the most successful jockey at this track, with 57 victories and 137 placements. THIS IS MY FIRST HORSE RACING POST/TIP, CRITICISM APPRECIATED!! :hope:ok
I think you're spot on, Richard Hughes loves grass :lol Welcome to the forum and good luck :ok

Re: bbotd sat Hoof It 3.45 Goodwood - 7/1 - 1pt Win . .............................. This Horse won last week up at York beating a decent field that day , This will be harder ofcourse but Hoof It's Ability looks just a bit more advanced than the rest of the field , Kieron Fallon gets on well with the Horse this year alone he has a 3/4 Strike rate. Which makes him hard to oppose at comming close today. 7/1 Looks like a great price on such a classy horse and thats why he gets my vote today. .................

Re: bbotd sat 1605 newmarket art scholar 1pt win 5/1 betfred 4 wins over this distance in the last 6 races just says it all first time at this class over this distance but love goof to firm ground, i may be wrong but i can not see any other horse in this kind of form who can beat this horse.

GoodWood 2:05 Free For All (15' date=00) @ BET365 The horse Free For All, are ridden by jockey Richard Hughes today. Irish-born Hughes is a jockey with confidence after a great season, so far. He has participated in 373 races, of whom 66 were won and 101 ended in place. Today he will ride the 4 year old brown gelding. This relatively young horse are among the youngest in this race, reserved for horses over 3 year. Free For All, has so far only 6 races in the legs, of which 2 were won and 2 ended with place. Jockey Richard Hughes, was on the horse in its second victory. The track is currently Goodwood. This legendary course in Sussex, attracts about 100.000 participants, at the big races. The surface is grass, which suits jockey Richard Hughes well. This is his 348 race at Goodwood, and he is the most successful jockey at this track, with 57 victories and 137 placements. THIS IS MY FIRST HORSE RACING POST/TIP, CRITICISM APPRECIATED!! :hope:ok
no criticism,good write up:ok good luck:hope...no editing original posts is the LAW or you have to answer to BH:unsure

Re: bbotd sat 2.05 Goodwood Thunderball is in fantastic form at the moment and must have a great chance to continue his run. Draw might prove tricky but he travels extremely well and providing the beautiful Miss Mayor gets him into a good position early then he will give the rest a real test. Ran well on his only other run here so no problems with the course. 1 pt win 12/1 Bet365

Re: bbotd sat Goodwood 14:35 - Icon Dream @ 20/1 Bet365 0.5pts e/w Will need to improve on recent showings but is dropping down the handicap which will give him a chance, De Sousa has been hitting the crossbar of late but fancy him to have a good day at Goodwood today, this one tried the 14f trip for the first time LTO, his owner loves a winner on a Saturday and I think this horse could come good today.

Re: BBOTD ~ Sat Goodwood 3.45 Fathsta win - 25/1 Bet365 Boyle Fred Galway very tricky and I'll just have an interest in the big race of the day. Consistent horse, who is pretty exposed now and it wouldn't normally be one I'd be looking to back, but all sprints this year have looked a bit odd to me and not necessarily the unexposed improvers win in these contests. I hope Fathsta can again be competitive and have a chance of a place. With a bit more luck could win this, but probably will need softer surface to do that. Silvestre rides him particularly well his record on the horse reads win and two places. Was very well backed lto and could be fancied again today. The price just looks huge.

BET IS VOID.. SUCH A SHAME :(

Re: BBOTD ~ Sat 345 Goodwood: Pastoral Player 1pt (20/1 Bet365) A good third to Deacon Blues in the Wokingham puts him in with a shout here, not so good in two Group 3 races since but this is more his sort of company, does better in handicaps and four year olds have a decent recod in the race. Also ran his best race on a firm surface and with the track riding fast he could be over priced at 20/1.

Re: BBOTD ~ Sat Newmarket 3:35 Buzkashi 9-1 Stan James 1 POINT WIN Roger Varians only runner today and as we all know he can ready one. Been going close of late with his Juveniles but this one on pedigree looks to have a great chance. 175,000 guineas this horse is bred to want further eventually but the dam did win over 7f as a 2 year old. We know the horse will be physically ready and should know its job. A february foal too so thats another positive along with top jockey Neil Callan. 9-1 looks a bit big and i think this horse should be up with the market leaders.

Re: BBOTD ~ Sat thirsk 4.45: Capable Guest 1pt win @ 8/1 PP BOG Very well handicapped on best known form and looked very good from 2lbs lower LTO over this trip. Stable in decent heart and with decent apprentice on claiming 5lbs could be weighted to go very close here IMO.

Re: BBOTD ~ Sat 2:35 Goodwood: Mystery Star 1pt win 25/1 Bet365 Mystery Star has a low strike rate on turf (the opposite on the all weather) yet he seems to be getting better with age and when stepped up to staying trips. There is plenty of stamina in his pedigree and he ran well at Chester in the Vase. His sole win on turf came here at Goodwood and with the firmer going in his favour he could put a disappointing outing at Newcastle in the Northumberland Plate behind him. Reading the stories in the Racing Post get the impression Mystery Star is quite well thought of by Mark Tompkins, and thre is a good chance his charge could outrun his price.

Re: BBOTD ~ Sat 3:10 Goodwood (Nassau) - Midday - Back Super classy mare who is incredibly consistent and never disappoints (apart from lto). It was strange that she ran such a shocker lto and that says everything about her as a shocker for her is 2nd in a Group 1! She was hammered that day by Misty For Me (pulled out of this race overnight) but was clearly below par. She loves this track though and has won this race in 2009 and 2010. This looks a strong renewal but I get the feeling that Snow Fairy has not really built upon her English/Irish Oaks double win in 2010 and may just not be good enough to stop the mighty Midday. Crystal Capella was brilliant lto but struggles to win at Group 1 level and I think she may well come up a little short again here. Midday is a truly classy mare and she can gain compensation for her defeat lto here 1pt win @ 6/4 William Hill BOG

Re: BBOTD ~ Sat Icon Dream 2.35 Goodwood. 0.5 points each way. Dropped in the weights, which always helps, but I feel it's jockey errors that are keeping him from going close. Always appears to finish well but too late, so hopefully today they'll get it right and he'll stay on well. Trip and ground fine and the odds warrant the bet. 16/1 Bet365 (bog)

Re: BBOTD ~ Sat Newm 5.15 - Peintre D'Argent - win at 7/1 BOG bet365 This horse was clobbered by the handicapper, put up 12 lbs for winning an apprentice handicap at Newbury But he's relatively lightly raced and still looks to be on the upgrade 12f on good to firm seems ideal for him and he comes here off a 2 month break, having won the last two times he's come fresh to the track This doesn't look very competitive with several out of form types and a couple who need further