France - Ligue 2 (29 July-1 August)

Sport Football (France)
Event Bastia - Istres
Selection Bastia -1 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 1/10
Date 29/07/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.79
Reasoning I can write two pages for this match, I live here, I love this team from childhood, is the team that changed my life, I quit all from Romania for living in Corsica because I love this team, all peoples from stadium know me, I know the coach, all players, all club officials, I was in Corsican press when I arrived here, I gave the kick off for Bastia-Beauvais last season, match televised, so if is something about Bastia, is sure I know that thing! This match is very important for Bastia, I'll be on stadium and I'm sure we'll win, now I'll give the arguments: Bastia just lost 3-2 (88') in league cup at Istres after we lead 1-2 ht, so now is the revenge, Furiani (Bastia stadium) will be with over 10000 fans, the atmosphere is incredible! The team for Bastia is practically the same from last year, where in National (3th league) Bastia was a killing machine, but now we have Rothen that is a key player and Genest also. Hantz, (a great coach, very smart, very good in what he do), will know how to play for a secure win, Istres is for me and not only on of the top favorite to relegate this year, lost top players (4 key players). So on a full stadium, first match, great moral, all is leaning to Bastia side and I'll be there watching live the victory! My tip 2-0. Forza Bastia per sempre! Turchinu sin'à a morte è ancu dopu! Bastia unic'amore! For ever, one of the biggest SC Bastia fans, Bastia Theodor Petru! Good luck!

France - Ligue 2 (29 July-1 August)

Friday 29 July 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gifAmiens SC v Troyes AC (19:00 BST) 2.4 3.2 3.65 100.31 %
maximize.gifAngers SCO v Le Havre AC (19:00 BST) 2.25 3.15 4 101.19 %
maximize.gifCS Sedan Ardennes v FC Nantes (19:00 BST) 1.97 3.4 4.8 101.01 %
maximize.gifEn Avant Guingamp v LB Châteauroux (19:00 BST) 2 3.5 4.8 99.40 %
maximize.gifSC Bastia v Istres (19:00 BST) 2 3.43 4.9 99.56 %
maximize.gifStade Lavallois v Clermont Foot (19:00 BST) 2.48 3.15 3.5 100.64 %
maximize.gifTours v FC Metz (19:00 BST) 2.52 3.25 3.4 99.86 %
maximize.gifAC Arles-Avignon v Le Mans FC (19:20 BST) 2.84 3.2 3 99.79 %
Saturday 30 July 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gifRC Lens v Stade Reims (13:30 BST) 1.84 3.47 5.25 102.20 %
Monday 1 August 2011HomeDrawAwayBPP
maximize.gifAS Monaco v US Boulogne (19:30 BST) 1.75 3.55 6 101.98 %

Re: France - Ligue 2 (29 July-1 August) Well, here we are. Ligue 2 has returned, and I'll wade in with five bets. Lens v Reims - Lens @ 1.84 with Pinnacle 7pts Backed Lens last week at home to Clermont and happy to go the same way again. I think Jean-Louis Garcia is going to have Lens as a serious force this season. He's bought wisely in the transfer market and assembled a very decent side for this level. The key positions are filled with good players - Hamdi Kasraoui in goal, Alaeddine Yahia in defence, Pierre Ducasse in midfield and Julien Toudic up top. They were very impressive in beating Clermont 3-0 last weekend in the cup - they attacked well and controlled the game. Historically, Reims have been an attacking side, but this year they've lost a lot of players who contributed to their success last season. Thomas Gamiette, Vincent Gragnic and Gregory Krychowiak are out of the engine room and although Boucindja Ca has signed, they look weaker there. Gaetan Courtet and Odair Fortes are both injured so Cedric Faure is their main source of goals. I can see Reims being outgunned in the middle, and that's where Lens can take control. They have the strikers to get the goals and will aim to make the Bollaert a fortress in this league. Hard to see Reims coming away with anything in this one, and I'm amazed the price isn't down in the low 1.70s/high 1.60s Arles v Le Mans - Arles 0AH @ 1.943 with Pinnacle 5pts I backed Arles in this fixture last week in the cup and Le Mans squeaked it 1-0. Happy to go with Faruk Hagzibegic's men again, especially at the Parc des Sports. Le Mans' failure to get promoted has meant a lot of their players have departed, and I expect them to struggle to hit last year's heights, especially on the road. Thorstein Helstad has gone to Monaco and will be a big loss, while Sebastian Corchia and Sam Bouhours are missing from the defence. Arles have a decent smattering of quality in their side, with Luigi Pieroni a particularly eyecatching signing. Khaled Souissi, a Tunisian international, should come into the reckoning for this match in defence - that should help shore it up. With home advantage and for me, a better side, I'm happy to back Arles to reverse form with Le Mans with full draw cover. Bastia v Istres - Over 2.25 goals AH @ 2.11 with Pinnacle 4pts Another re-run of last weekend's cup card. Istres won that match 3-2 and although cup matches in France are generally more open than league affairs, I think we'll see goals in this. Bastia are a very attacking side at home. I suspect they'll be even more aggressive in this match because it's their return to Ligue 2. In Jerome Rothen, they have a playmaker at this level, and in Ludovic Genest and David Suarez, their attack has goalgetters. Istres are weaker in defence now that Florian Lejeune and Mamadou Doumbia have left the club. I expect them to concede here. However, they also have a wily fox in Nassim Akrour, who can punish sides at this level too. A charged atmosphere is expected for this one and that quite often sparks goals. Good price this for a 2.25 line containing Bastia, so I'll happily pounce. Laval v Clermont - Laval -0.25AH @ 2.07 with Pinnacle 4pts In all honesty, I expect both sides to be at the wrong end of the table. Both seem fragile, but Clermont more so. They've lost important players at both ends of the pitch (Mickael Fabre, Bruce Abdoulaye, Sloane Privat) and haven't, in my eyes, adequately replaced them. Laval are also shorn of a few of last year's stars but their side still contains the robust core that served them so well at Le Basser last year. They only lost once, to Reims on the last day of the season, at home. This is the sort of match where Philippe Hinschberger's side pick up wins. Jerome Lebouc, Ghislain Gimbert and Fabrice Levrat are all still in the side, and that trio make les Tangos click at home. They've also added two good wingers in Ludo Gamboa and Ladine Baidane. They have a little too much for me in comparison to les Auvergnats, and without going wild with the stake, I'm happy to take them with half draw cover. Amiens v Troyes - Over 2 goals AH @ 1.99 with Pinnacle 4pts Another overs bet in Ligue 2 :eek Amiens are a bit unknown but they certainly talk a good attacking game. Ludovic Batelli likes his team to pour forward. He plays a 4-2-4 formation at home and they have the forward to cause damage with Rafik Saifi, Herve Bazile, Mohamed M'Chamanga and Yoann Touzghar in attendance. Touzghar in particular is one to watch this year, a real livewire who scores goals. They'll go for it against an ESTAC side who are an odd one - they should be better than they are but just seem to flatter to decieve. More than capable of scoring goals with Greg Bettiol, Mounir Obbadi, Seb Grax and Benjamin Psaume in their side. I can see both sides having a go in this one. Neither is particularly outstanding in defence, and with the opening game seeing sides generally open up a little more than usual, I think we'll see at least two goals in this match.

Re: France - Ligue 2 (29 July-1 August) Sport Football (France) Event Bastia - Istres Selection Bastia Strength 10/10 Date 29/07/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bwin @ 1.95 Reasoning First round of the season in Ligue 2. Bastia is team with big history, big motivation here in first round. I don't know too much about teams, in this pick I based on H2H. 2004/2005 Bastia beat Istres at home 2:0 with odds 1.40 2005/2006 Bastia beat Istres at home 3:0 with odds 1.50 2006/2007 Bastia beat Istres at home 4:1 with odds 1.60 2009/2010 Bastia beat Istres at home 2:0 with odds 2.05 Why not today? In my opinion can continue this good streak against Istres

Re: France - Ligue 2 (29 July-1 August) Amiens -0.25 @ 2.0 5/10 Newly promoted Amiens look a good price to me here. They have momentum, confidence and did so well last season in the national division. Team news is favourable, although they have lost M’Changama who is out for 6 months with a cruciate ligament injury. They will certainly attack here and the crowd is sure to be buzzing considering this is their first match back in ligue 2 again. Troyes can be a strange side, but I look at that squad on paper and it seems a little weak tonight. Amiens look a good price on the -0.25, they should be able to pick up a draw at the very least. Arles 0 AH @ 1.92 5/10 I just don’t think Le Mans are going to be the force that some people expect this season. Their squad has been decimated and they will rely on youth players a lot. The defence especially tonight is really weak looking and contains no experience at all. Arles might need to adapt back to ligue 2 level again but last time they were here, Le Parc de Sports was a fortress and they were difficult to beat at this stadium. I think they’ll have enough about them tonight to pick up the 3 points and odds of 1.92 on a 0Ah line are extremely generous IMO. Tours -0.25 @ 2.16 5/10 I think both teams will have decent campaigns but I’ll side with home advantage tonight. Tours pretty much have a full squad to choose from here, whist Metz miss a few guys. Just in general id say its likely the hosts have a more settled start to the campaign and some out of the traps fast. Id say these are two even teams with not much difference between them, fair odds would be about 1.90 on a -0.25. Odds of 2.16 are too juicy and big to ignore, so I’ll certainly have some of this. Laval -0.25 @ 2.09 4/10 For a team that only lost once at home last season, these odds look pretty big. Laval wont be anything special this campaign but most of their points will be picked up here and this is the sort of match they know they need to win. Clermont miss key man Romain Alessandrini tonight and his loss could be crucial. The visitors don’t look as strong as they did last season and I fancy a home victory in this match tonight. The odds are too generous for me to ignore, 2.09 is a nice price. Nantes +0.5 @ 2.07 4/10 Ok, this is my ‘gamble’ bet of the night and I’ll pay to find out if Nantes can avoid defeat. I just think Sedan are too short here, I don’t expect them to be as good as last season. They are a good home side and will be high on confidence after beating Monaco 4-1 last week in the cup. Nantes did win themselves though, away at Reims so should have confidence themselves. Interestingly this match puts new Nantes coach Landry Chauvin against his old employers, so he’ll be desperate to win. Nantes look a decent side this year and I’ll take a gamble hoping they can sneak at least a point tonight. Best of luck everyone on this opening night! :ok

Re: France - Ligue 2 (29 July-1 August) Hi guys,nice to see you again after summer break...Let`s hope for profitable season since 1st round.By the way,special greetings to our French experts Atko and meatman:ok I was tempting to skip this opening day,but I think I will give a small punt on Bastia.I simply like this team since good old days in Ligue1,their supporters remind me of some Southamerican atmosphere and I really believe they will create hell tonight after few years out from Ligue2. GL with your bets!

Re: France - Ligue 2 (29 July-1 August) Sedan - Nantes (Over 2,5 Goals): 2,30 @ Bet365. Ligue 2 starts off with a meeting between 2 teams with big ambitions. Sedan are among the favorites to move up to Ligue 1, while Nantes got a lot to prove to their loyal fans. Sedan began the season with a victory in the League Cup against Monaco while Nantes had to go in extra time against Reims. I think that both teams would be keen to take all 3 points in the first match of the season, and especially Sedan, would attack from the start. It will be interesting to see if Landry Chauvin can use his knowledge about his former club to help nantes with a good start to the season.

Re: France - Ligue 2 (29 July-1 August) BASTIA - ISTRES: 1 (1,91) @ BWIN After a long and well deserved summer vacation, the legendary Ligue 2 starts again. Bastia from Corsica, should only use a single season in the Championnat National, before they again became part of Ligue 2 Bastia dominated CN, the whole season and especially at home at Stade Armand Cesari, they were unbeatable. They went through the whole season without a single defeat. The question is whether they can maintain the confidence they have built up in the Championnat National. Istres had approved last season when the south of France team secured a spot in the center of the table. A repetition of the holding must be regarded as a success. Both Bastia and Istres, is typically French in the sense that they perform much better at home than on the road. Particularly Bastia, are strong at home in Corsica and, if everything goes there way, they can build a statistic like their local rivals from Ajaccio had last season. Istres seems to be an obvious bid for a good start to the season for Bastia. Istres has never won a single match at Corsica, when Bastia was the opponent. In their 11 previous meetings, Bastia has won the 10 and 1 ended in a draw. Bastia. Bastia has manage to keep their players in this transfer window. They have even strengthened the team with the experienced Jerome Rothen, who is thought a leading role at the midtfield. It must have given coach Frederic Hantz great working conditions over the summer and optimal opportunities to build on the success of teams he had created in the Championnat National. Istres. Istres have a limited history of French football Division. They started on their 16 seasons in Ligue 2 and they just succeed once, to play in Ligue 1. It was not a positive experience, and after just one season and 36 points, they were again an Ligue 2 team. Istres had approved last season, which featured a beautiful 11 ​​place. Whether they can improve it, I doubt but to succed, they must preform at a higher level at home. Istres has often shown signs of weakness, on foreign grass and with just 7 wins at the Stade Pars Main, last season, there is no room for mistakes. Istres've had a few replacements this summer. The defensive talent and French U-national team player Lejeune has been sold to Villarreal and the forward Adeilson is back at Nice, while the experienced defense Mamadou Doumbia, in Le Mans. Coach Jose Pasqualetti has been in North Africa to secure some substitutes. Bastia Squad. Magno Macedo Novas, Dumè Agostini, Gaël Angoula, Sans Matthieu, Fethi Harek, Jeremy Choplin, Gilles Cioni, Jacques-Désiré Périatambée, Ludovic Genest, Wahbi Khazri, Salim Moizini, Yannick Cahuzac, Jerome Rothen, Sadio Diallo, Yassin El-Azzouzi, David Suarez. Absence. Frederic Hantz got no injuries and suspensions. Istres Squad. Petric, Menetrier, Kehiha, Barrillon, Chelle, Flégeau, Robin, Tarasconi, Melliti, Coulibaly, Fettouhi you Préville, Yahia Cherif, Palmieri, Akrour, Nouri. Absence. Jose Pasqualetti must see past the defender Claude Dielna (Regular).

Re: France - Ligue 2 (29 July-1 August) Sedan vs Nantes Pick: Over 2.5 goals Last season Sedan finished on fifth position. They failed to secure promotion, but the ambitions are now even bigger. There was very fluent during the Summer transfer period in Sedan. Seven new players signed for Sedan and I think the team is now even stronger. The new players are Fauvergue from Lille, Diallo from Havre AC, Gragnic from Stade de Reims, Rame from Bordeaux, Dembele from Stade Rennais, Langil from Auxerre and Makhedjou. Coach Laurent Guyot has a good squad, even some players left the team (Karaboue, Costil, Allart, Tiberi, Prahic and Henaini). What can we say about Nantes? In the previous season they were not good. They finished on 13th place and the fans were really disappointed. Now the club officials bought some new players (Bessat from Boulogne, Dale Maurice from Panserraikos, Raspentino, Mohamed Diallo, Bekamenga from Skoda Xanthi, Kamenar from Sivasspor, Wiltord etc) and they hope this season will be better. The tradition is also supporting my bet. The last three mutual matches in Sedan have all ended with Over 2.5 goals. Here are the results: 13.05.2011. Sedan - Nantes 3:1 01.12.2009. Sedan - Nantes 3:0 25.02.2008. Sedan - Nantes 1:2 I expect another efficient match here. Both teams are the former League 1 participants, both teams have big ambitions and I think both teams will try to win. In situation like this I expect at least three goals.

Re: France - Ligue 2 (29 July-1 August) Guingamp - Chateauroux Pick Over 2.5 goals In the previous season Guingamp was in the National division (third league). Now the ambitions are to avoid the relegation and I think they are able to do that. Coach Jocelyn Gourvennec has some new players (Atik, Paisley, Camara and Kerbrat), while some other left the squad (Ogunbiyi, Scarpelli, Bazile, Hamroun, Soly, El Kharroubi, Colleau and Christophe). It is hard to say if the team is stronger or weaker now. However, the players confidence is surely high after the victory in League cup last Friday. Guingamp won 2:0 against Laval with goals scored by Giresse and Alioui. Chateauroux finished the last season on 14th place. They managed to escape the relegation and that will be the main task for the new season too. Coach Didier Tholot has seven new players (Beauvue, Neves, Hautcoeur, Orinel, Essombe, Bourgeois and Caradec), while eleven players left the squad. I expect at least three goals at Stade du Roudourou in Guingamp. The hosts will surely try to win. They will attack the opponent. But Chateauroux is also good, specially knowing they scored at least once of every of the last three visits to Guingamp. By the way, the matches between those two teams are usually efficient. Two of the last three matches ended with Over. Here are the results: 23.04.2010. Guingamp - Chateauroux 1:1 20.02.2009. Guingamp - Chateauroux 2:1 28.09.2007. Guingamp - Chateauroux 2:2 Since this is the first match in the new season, I think it's gonna be an open match. Therefore I am expecting at least three goals here.

Re: France - Ligue 2 (29 July-1 August) Amiens vs Troyes Pick: Over 2.5 goals Amiens and Troyes have offensive minded coaches. Amiens coach Ludovic Batelli very often play formation with three strikers. He has Saifi, Bazile, M'Chamanga and Touzghar in the attack. Batelli also have six new players. M'Changama from Nimes, Gavanon from Nancy Lorraine, Bazile from Guingamp, Lazarevski from Lokomotiv Astana, Puyo from Auxerre and Ruffier from Metz are the new acquisitions. At the same time four players left the team - Kossoko, Tainmont, Delecroix and Mangione. Troyes coach Jean-Marc Furlan is similar, he has good attackers in Bettiol, Obbadi, Grax and Psaume. He has also two new players, Thiago Xavier from Chateauroux and Saunier from Bordeaux. It is true that some players left the team, but I don't rate this team as weaker. After all, the last season was terrible for Troyes, they were very close to relegation. I think there will be at least three goals at Stade de la Licorne tonight. This is the opening match, the players are hungry for football, just as the fans. I believe both coaches will try to win and that is why I am suggesting Over 2.5 goals.

Re: France - Ligue 2 (29 July-1 August) A small loss of -0.1 pts on the night which means I end up pretty much level. Laval and Nantes let me down, surprising win for Clermont. Well done to those who were on Bastia, they seemed a popular pick tonight

Re: France - Ligue 2 (29 July-1 August)

Sport Football (France)
Event Bastia - Istres
Selection Bastia -1 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 1/10
Date 29/07/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.79
Reasoning I can write two pages for this match, I live here, I love this team from childhood, is the team that changed my life, I quit all from Romania for living in Corsica because I love this team, all peoples from stadium know me, I know the coach, all players, all club officials, I was in Corsican press when I arrived here, I gave the kick off for Bastia-Beauvais last season, match televised, so if is something about Bastia, is sure I know that thing! This match is very important for Bastia, I'll be on stadium and I'm sure we'll win, now I'll give the arguments: Bastia just lost 3-2 (88') in league cup at Istres after we lead 1-2 ht, so now is the revenge, Furiani (Bastia stadium) will be with over 10000 fans, the atmosphere is incredible! The team for Bastia is practically the same from last year, where in National (3th league) Bastia was a killing machine, but now we have Rothen that is a key player and Genest also. Hantz, (a great coach, very smart, very good in what he do), will know how to play for a secure win, Istres is for me and not only on of the top favorite to relegate this year, lost top players (4 key players). So on a full stadium, first match, great moral, all is leaning to Bastia side and I'll be there watching live the victory! My tip 2-0. Forza Bastia per sempre! Turchinu sin'à a morte è ancu dopu! Bastia unic'amore! For ever, one of the biggest SC Bastia fans, Bastia Theodor Petru! Good luck!
3-1! great atmosphere, I love the stadium! :cheers I was there and I'll be for all the matches.

Re: France - Ligue 2 (29 July-1 August)

is that you?ha ha ha :loon If you put hat on this guy's head he will look same as guy on your avatar-you :lol
A guy in my avatar was Nazarenko .. former player of the Dnieper.My new avatar is me.

Re: France - Ligue 2 (29 July-1 August) Lens v Reims - Lens @ 1.84 with Pinnacle 7pts LOSS Arles v Le Mans - Arles 0AH @ 1.943 with Pinnacle 5pts WIN Bastia v Istres - Over 2.25 goals AH @ 2.11 with Pinnacle 4pts WIN Laval v Clermont - Laval -0.25AH @ 2.07 with Pinnacle 4pts LOSS Amiens v Troyes - Over 2 goals AH @ 1.99 with Pinnacle 4pts PUSH Small loss for the opening week of the season, mainly down to my misguided faith in Lens, who surprisingly succumbed 2-0 to Reims :eek Lens were a little unfortunate as they had a legitimate goal ruled out early but Reims played very well by all accounts. Arles and Bastia-overs did the trick to chalk a few winners on the board. Well done to all the guys who had winners on opening day. I won't be getting involved in Monaco v Boulogne so see you all next week :ok

Re: France - Ligue 2 (29 July-1 August) Monaco -0.75 AH @ 1.98 4/10 This is slightly dangerous because the opening day of the season, anything can happen. We saw on Saturday Lens losing 0-2 at home to Reimes in what was a shock outcome. I'm hoping that the same doesn't happen to Monaco here and that they will recover from their 4-1 beating last week in the cup. They miss a few players here tonight, Moukandjo and Muratori the most notable, but the sqaud still looks good on paper. For Boulogne, this is their first competitive match of the season, so they might be caught a bit cold. I don't expect them to be anything special this season and todays match squad doesn't really frighten me too much. Monaco need to start the season well and following their kick up the arse last week, I expect them to respond. Only 4/10 stakes because it is the first round, but they should have enough to secure the 3 points. I'll take the -0.75 line because if Monaco fire fully then this could look a big price come the final whistle. I'll say 3-1 as my prediction tonight. Good luck all!