** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD 15th July

Re: BBOTD 15th July

If you mean the numbering - yup. Last years low is this years high.
Cheers Monte. I was watching a replay of last years Stewards Cup and Lowdown comes out of stall 2 but on the racingpost results it says 15 so I am guessing they have changed it on the website?

Re: BBOTD 15th July 7.45 Hamilton Roker Park 9/1 Bet365 Taking a chance in this very competitive handicap. Was rather easily confused earlier looking at the race but I am pretty sure there is an advantage being drawn high. Roker Park is drawn in 10 which is a positive plus he is in very good form for his new trainer at the moment. Formally with Kevin Ryan, this horse looks to be re-capturing his form with 2 wins this season. Entitled to need the run first time back from a break, Roker Park won well at Catterick and then was unlucky not to get closer at Newcastle. He was then an impressive winner at Chester last time out from an unpromising position. He is up 6lbs and running off 91 here but has won off 90 in the past. He is only a 6 year so there could still be more improvement in him. His new trainer does very well with horses he gets from other trainers and this looks like he could be another one. There are only 4 horses ahead of him in the betting at the moment and 3 of these either hail from trainers in poor form or are drawn low. The other one is Everymanforhimself who is very inconsistent and very rarely puts in 2 good good consecutive runs. The other one I did like in the race was Evens and Odds but he is drawn low which put me off. Last year in this race there seemed to be a strong bias to those drawn low (now high). Roker Park has never won off a mark this high but is in great form at the moment. I think they will go fast up front which will suit this horse as he likes to be held up. He has looked impressive in his last 3 runs, travelling strongly each time. He has a nice high draw here and should run a solid race. There are plenty of doubts about the opposition and Roker Park is one of very few in the race that come into it in good form.

Re: BBOTD 15th July dark dune 1 point win @ sp 16.45 haydock dark dune is the only horse out the 5 that has won over this distance,a course and distance winner on the same ground and carrying 9.7(top weight)2 weeks ago, today it has 8.11,goes up in class but must have a decent chance if at the front coming into the straight,2 trys at this distance a 1st and 2nd,the 2nd only beaten by half a lenght i think will be a close contest but gets my vote

Re: BBOTD 15th July 7:45 Hamilton - Mister Hughie - e/w @ 16/1 (PaddyPower) There's a few other races to go through yet but I'm going to kick things off with the John Smith's Scottish Stewards' Cup. This Class 2, 6f Handicap is quite competitive and it'll be hard to land on the winner. In the past, it has paid dividends to side with those who don't carry the burden of much weight on their backs. Regardless of that, I'm doing the opposite here by siding with my old friend, Mister Hughie. This talented 4 year old looks to face a tough task in a bit to defy a mark of 100 and a racing weight of 9st 10lbs. However, I'm of the opinion that he's up to Group level if racing on a stiff track, so it'd be silly not to back him in a handicap at a stiff track. 16/1 vastly overstates his chances and if he is let rip, there's a fair chance he'll be flying late in a bid to gain career success number 6 at the 27th attempt. There's no doubting that Mister Hughie has class and despite looking badly out of form during 2011, he ran much better last time out in a Listed contest over the flying 5 furlongs at York. A track like that really suits the speedy types and he just can't warm up in time. It was very encouraging though, as the recent Tim Easterby recruit was flying at the death and finished in 6th place, just 3¼ lengths behind the winner. The losing distance sounds like a lot in a 5f sprint but this was the first time he had run a creditable race over a speedy 5f since finishing an unlucky-in-running 1 length 4th to Borderlescott in the King George at Goodwood last year. That's a Group 2 contest and adds further proof that this horse can be a potent force when things fall his way. The effort can be marked up significantly too, as the Goodwood track just isn't for him. Mister Hughie showed next to nothing in his first 3 outings since leaving Mick Channon to join Tim Easterby's yard. The only form of worth since joining this yard is his run last time out and I feel it's more than enough to be relatively confident here. He's warming to the task nicely and the return to a stiff 6f could be a smart move. He's equally effective when running over a stiff 5f, as seen when beating Prohibit in impressive fashion last year in a Listed contest at Beverley. However, he'll need plenty of time to peg back the leaders at a place like Hamilton and I feel this trip, at this track, is ideal. The ground will be no issue as he likes it fast and he also landed a 6f Handicap off a 5lb lower mark at the stiff Newmarket track last year. Everything is pointing towards a big run here and Tim Easterby is making a 400 mile round trip to run just one horse, so hopefully he means business. He boasts a fine course record having had 16% of his runners enter the winners enclosure. From his last 6 runners here, 3 have won and a further 2 have finished second. It has obviously been a happy hunting ground for the yard and although Mister Hughie disappointed in a 3 runner affair on his only C&D run (needs cover, couldn't get it), he's bound to love the place as the fast pace and mid-race cover that he needs is virtually assured. His stiff track form is brilliant too and hopefully he'll make it even better here. Strong handling is a must for him and Daniel Thudhope is the man in the driving seat today. He has impressed me on numerous occasions this year and should prove to be an ideal partner for this quirky animal. The pair are likely to be out towards the rear of the field struggling to go the pace, but once the horse finds his stride, they're sure to be powering home in the dying stages. He likes a long, testing run-in here and that's what he'll get on this straight track. If he's trying, I fail to see how he can't get involved and medium each-way stakes are the order of the day. Of the rest, previous selection Colonel Mak should be a contender in an attempt to make it 3 from 3 at the course. I just get the feeling that a bit of cut would do him no harm and the fact that he hasn't shown too much of his usual zip of late is quite disappointing. He's worthy of a stake saver though and 12/1 is too big. Regardless, Mister Hughie is the main selection and one I expect to see run a big race. He's got loads of talent and still holds a Group 3 entry for next month, so connections must expect a handicap to be within his grasp. 16/1 here is about twice the price that I feel he should be. Worries are whether he's fully tuned up for this and if he's able to lug that weight to victory. I'll take my chances though and hopefully he'll go well. 4 places are also being paid as it stands.

Re: BBOTD 15th July N4.45 Catalinas Diamond 0.5pt E/W 22/1 Boylesports At the last meeting here, there was quite a strong bias to those drawn high which might give the selection (drawn 10 of 11) an advantage today. The horse ran some decent races earlier in its career over 5 furlongs but it's been campaigned over longer of late. The drop back in trip on decent ground looks perfect for a return to form and given the draw, I think the 22's looks too big.

Re: BBOTD 15th July 5.05 Haydock - Qeethaara (11/4 Betfred) 1pt Win Looks to have been sweetened up by a move from Ireland to England, coming good on her last two starts having previously been disappointing at Chester, is still very favorably weighted on the best of her Irish form and with a good apprentice booked, who has already won on the Mare, I think she should be winning and 11/4 looks something of a gift to me.

Re: BBOTD 15th July 3.40 Newbury Tough call between two improving horses Wise Venture and Factory Time. Am going to side with Wise Venture because I feel he has been more impressive when winning, not least when slamming a horse that hacked up next time. He also had his first win here so that experience won't be wasted and he won't mind how the race is run. 1 Pt win 7/2 Bet365

Re: BBOTD 15th July 5:50 Twice Bitten @ Newmarket - Was in good form last year over shorter distances on the turf and all weather.Finished a good 4th LTO at Yarmouth in a class 4.Steps down to a class 5 today and is off its lowest mark to date.Ground wont be a problem and can go close. 0.5 pt E/W @ 10/1 Boylesports

Re: BBOTD 15th July 3.40 Newbury Dont often bet in 2 yr old races but one entered my notebook at Royal Ascot and that was B Fifty Two, he was under pressure fairly early but stayed on well to take a slightly distant 5th finishing the best of the rest, prior to that run he beat the very useful looking Lilbourne Lad who has since won a 5 runner group 2 and a 5 runner listed event. He has a fantastic attitude for a youngster which I like to see, ground is no worry and is clearly improving with racing and has a decent speed rating from that run at Ascot. 0.5pt e/w B Fifty Two 9/1 lads

Re: BBOTD 15th July 805 Pontefract: Aussie Blue EW (16/1 WH) Dont really fancy anything today but a tentative vote goes to Aussie Blue in the mile handicap at Ponte, he's won over C/D twice and has dropped to a low mark of just 59, he has won off higher and last time ran better than his finishing position states at a trip too short, he could just bounce back here and worth a small EW bet.

Re: BBOTD 15th July Some great racing again today around the country but i'll side with a track just up the road from me, Hamilton. Today's jockey was very very kind to me a few weeks ago at Ayr, he gave us a very good day out and you cant beat watching some good horse racing under the hot sun. Trainer kevin Ryan's bay gelding was 2nd last time out 3 weeks ago but was only beat a length at 33/1 - Amy was in the saddle that day but Mr Ryan has handed the ride over for tonights run to Phil Makin. I do have a wee conern about the going but there could be a wee chance of a shower at Hamilton and if that comes it would be right up his street. I'll still take my chance as he should run his race and has a great winning chance. Hamilton 7:45 - EVERYMANFORHIMSELF - 0.5 e/w bet 11/1 Boylesport Yaaaaaaaaaaaaa come racing !

Re: BBOTD 15th July 0.5pts eachway ahorsecalledmolly 8/1 boyles bog 2025 kilbeggan the midlands national here at home with a maximum field of 14 going to post. not overly big field numbers though, however boylessports have chalked this up as a 1/4 1234 race for some reason and if thats the case im not letting this one pass. a horsecalledmolly ran behind harolds cross lto and now has a big pull at the weights with that one. he has ran against better than these, has a feather wieight due to his jockey and could be an eachway steal at 8/1, being heavily backed already

Re: BBOTD 15th July 0.5pts eachway information 12/1 720 kilbeggan bet365 bog the biggest field of the nite at kilbeggan, and for betting purposes seemingly can be narrowed down to the top 2 in the market. they reoppose after a length separarted them when they met 25 days ago, but the second has the fitness edge you would suggest and also is weighted to reverse. however theres little between them and they may cut each others throat. for that reason im going to place a smal eachway bet on information at 12/1. he lost his way over fences but had run well previously over hurdles and now back hurdling he is potentially well treated.

Re: BBOTD 15th July BREAKHEART 5.20 Newbury. 0.5 points each way. A bit hit and miss, but has shown enough to suggest he can go well today and I like the fact they've put a visor on him. That could bring about some improvement, and if that's the case then can certainly win. 5/1 Bet365 BOG

Re: BBOTD 15th July Newmarket 7.55: Basle 1pt win @ 10/1 Will Hill BOG Two decent runs back from a break, latest of which from this mark. Current mark winnable and looks to be running into a bit of form. Conditions ideal, stable in fantastic heart at the minute and looks a great price here.

Re: BBOTD 15th July 6:45 Hamilton - Half a billion - Back Ran a belter on debut and is clearly the absolute standout for pick here. He came 2nd that day which is a damn sight better than anything else achieved by any of the others of today's runners. He left the distinct impression that day that he was an absolute sure-fire future winner and I thoroughly expect him to break the maiden tag here 1pt win @ 4/11 Bet365 BOG

Re: BBOTD 15th July Magical Macey - 7.35 Pontefract (1pt win 9-1 WH BOG) After encountering two dodgy draws at Thirsk and Musselburgh, this one put in a terrific performance LTO at York, coming second in a big field at York, for which he is unpenalised by the handicapper (despite the fact that the 1st and 3rd have won since). Had a month off but runs well fresh, as proved by his win at Wolverhampton earlier this year. Jamie Spencer on board, who has a 26% strike rate for David Barron.

Re: BBOTD 15th July 7:45 Hamilton - We Have A Dream - 1pt win @ 14/1 Bet365 Competitive sprint handicap, but one in which there is a surprising lack of runners who figure prominently. The most likely to me looks like being We Have A Dream, who is drawn bang in the Centre, and if the conditional can get his fractions right then the partnership can lead all the way.