Rewilding

Re: Rewilding

RIP very very sad incident (if im not mistaken 2nd top class GoDolphin horse dead in recent times at Ascot??) As far as being able to save Rewilding, from my work with horses and many farm animals the animals welfare has to come first and these animals are just not able to cope with such intensive treatment most of the time being stuffed in a box and the severe pain for prolonged period! http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100220072934AAbs7Sv
I tanked Godolphin's Veracity in a Ascot Gold Cup a few years back which was destroyed , think thats who you meant.

RIP very very sad incident (if im not mistaken 2nd top class GoDolphin horse dead in recent times at Ascot??) As far as being able to save Rewilding, from my work with horses and many farm animals the animals welfare has to come first and these animals are just not able to cope with such intensive treatment most of the time being stuffed in a box and the severe pain for prolonged period! http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100220072934AAbs7Sv
I'm not sure what the class of the horse has to do with the amount of sympathy due. I was at Southwell yesterday when a horse broke its leg in front of the main stand and had to be put down - I haven't read a word about it today. The bottom line is that horses are too stupid to realise that they shouldn't put their weight on a broken/mending leg and therefore cannot be treated back to full racing recovery without a great deal of cost. Who's going to pay the cost of treating a horse that can never race again rather than claiming back the insurance? Nobody.

at least they didnt show the replay on ATR
Oh they did, 3 times from 3 different angles; incl. Chapman doing the "look away now". It was one the more horrific ones i have seen, RIP Rewilding.

Oh they did, 3 times from 3 different angles; incl. Chapman doing the "look away now". It was one the more horrific ones i have seen, RIP Rewilding.
Chapman should be hung for that, the man is a tool. gloryfying accidents is just sick I only watched the event live and that was bad enoughLove Of Horses Love Of Horses Author Unknown
If it is in your blood to love horses, you share your life with them. Our horses know our secrets; we braid our tears into their manes and whisper our hopes into their ears. A barn is a sanctuary in an unsettled world, a sheltered place where life's true priorities are clear: someone who loves us, and the luxury of regular meals. Some of us need these reminders. When you step back, it's not just about horses - it's about love, life, and learning. On any given day, a friend is celebrating the birth of a foal, a blue ribbon, or recovery from an illness. That same day, there is also loss: a broken limb, a case of colic, a decision to sustain a life or end it gently. As horse people, we share the accelerated life cycle of horses: the hurried rush of life, love, loss, and death that caring for these animals brings us. When our partners pass, it is more than a moment of sorrow. We mark our loss with words of gratitude for the ways our lives have been blessed. Our memories are of joy, awe, and wonder. Absolute union. We honor our horses for their brave hearts, courage, and willingness to give. To those outside our circle, it must seem strange. To see us in our muddy boots, who would guess such poetry lives in our hearts? We celebrate our companions with praise worthy of heroes. Indeed, horses have the hearts of warriors and often carry us into and out of fields of battle. Those who know them understand how fully a horse can hold a human heart. Together, we share the pain of sudden loss and the lingering taste of long-term illness. We shoulder the burden of deciding when or whether to end the life of a true companion. In the end, we're not certain if God entrusts us to our horses - or our horses to us. Does it matter? We're grateful God loaned us the horse in the first place.

How can seeing that be one of the more horrific things you've seen ? Visually it looks like a horse stumbling , we see that all the time in races especially in National Hunt racing. It is only afterwards we heard what extent was the injury. Sound a little pretentious to me when i hear that sort of thing concerning racehorses. Seeing a human being decapitated in a movie to me can apear horrific , but a horse stumbling does not.