Johnston Stable

Re: Johnston Stable I already said my piece on the topic. The only trainer that has so many pulled up horses on the flat. Yes "pulled up" is the term, not tailed off. They are just eased with few furlongs to go. That isn't the problem thogh. It usually is with a win before or win after. The Jonjo way. Favorite form line 1P or P1. With Johnston it is 01 or 10. The problem lies in his type of training. I've read how he trains his horses. Doesn't do fast work at home and they virtually train themselves on the track. Some horses need a lot of work, others need light training. That's why it's so inconsistent. Because you never know what horse will relish this particular training and what horse wouldn't. P.S. That was a big write-up dedicated to Pete. Otherwise the one liner would've been: "Mark Johnston is a ****-up and should just relieve us and retire!" Hope it's not too arrogant! But again, it's just an opinion. And again, nobody has to agree with me.

Re: Johnston Stable

P.S. That was a big write-up dedicated to Pete. Otherwise the one liner would've been: "Mark Johnston is a ****-up and should just relieve us and retire!" Hope it's not too arrogant! But again' date=' it's just an opinion. And again, nobody has to agree with me.[/quote'] [ ] You sure act like a mod

Re: Johnston Stable back to the serious business of the forum... johnston is just standing out i suppose, i noticed he used to run horses over a range of distances but waht ki do know is that he is very good at certain tracks but then you have to work out which one will win as invariably could be the unfancied one! Then again, what is a "fancy" as i am not guided by the price as i only look at the chances of the horse and not the price so why wouldnt a horse with figures of 10 win again, it is not uncommon really. see nicholls had a winner today, expect more now after 3 weeks without a winner His horses would have dropped a few lbs on their last runs

back to the serious business of the forum... johnston is just standing out i suppose, i noticed he used to run horses over a range of distances but waht ki do know is that he is very good at certain tracks but then you have to work out which one will win as invariably could be the unfancied one! Then again, what is a "fancy" as i am not guided by the price as i only look at the chances of the horse and not the price so why wouldnt a horse with figures of 10 win again, it is not uncommon really. see nicholls had a winner today, expect more now after 3 weeks without a winner His horses would have dropped a few lbs on their last runs
I personally think that since Johnston has become a bigwig at the BHA nothing matters to him anymore

Re: Johnston Stable I think Johnston is just from the scattergun school of thought. He amasses a wide army of horses and just bombards them at every race possible and hopes he hits lucky - more down to chance than skillful placement. As others have said in the thread, I've had mixed fortunes backing his runners this year. Fox Hunt, Jutland, Hacienda and Guest Book are four names that spring to mind. Hot and cold, hot and cold. Fox Hunt winning at Epsom paid for my summer holiday but the performances of the others have meant that said holiday has shortened in both length and changed destination :lol

Re: Johnston Stable He was, and probably still is my favourite trainer but I must admit he is very hard to catch, even more so this season. He seems to do really well with horses when stepping them up in trip which is always one thing I look out for when assesing the form of his horses. Mainly from 5-7f up to middle distances. It seems as if him and De Sousa really have racked up a fantastic partnership and could go as far to say that he could be his no.1 choice of jockey next season, if he isn't already heading that way.

Re: Johnston Stable Personally i admire him as a trainer.His motto is "Always Trying" which can be seen on jackets of his staff and on his horse boxes and i'm sure that is the case with all of his runners. From a punting perspective i have to agree he's been quite hit and miss of late. On another note has anyone else noticed Greg Fairley hasn't ridden for him since his fraud accusations.Has Johnston sacked him or has he been demoted down the ladder? I remember when Kevin Darley rode a lot for the stable , after a few misjudged rides he went down the pecking order for a while.He has a odd system for selecting jockeys S De Souza seems to have overtaken the stalwart J Fanning.

Fox Hunt winning at Epsom paid for my summer holiday but the performances of the others have meant that said holiday has shortened in both length and changed destination :lol
Belter :rollin

Keep up the good work' date=' you're making yourself look a real classy individual[/quote'] I don't care how I look or what others think about me. However I wonder when was the sublime moment you turned from liking me to disliking me. Suarez, Ngog, flat racing crooked, Ryan Moore and Johnston shit, or was it the paddock opinion? Every time I say something you find a way to disagree with me.

I don't care how I look or what others think about me. However I wonder when was the sublime moment you turned from liking me to disliking me. Suarez' date=' Ngog, flat racing crooked, Ryan Moore and Johnston shit, or was it the paddock opinion? Every time I say something you find a way to disagree with me.[/quote'] We're never going to agree on Liverpool are we, I'm fine with that, no problem ;) (Ngog is poo though, and Suarez is a disgusting man - his WC handball can be justified, but biting a fellow professional? Really?) I haven't turned from liking you to disliking you, I've turned from liking you, to disliking the way you come across when you post. I tried to explain in the other thread - you seem to have lately taken on a very high opinion of yourself, and you make that obvious in your posts. You have no time for others who disagree with your opinion, and you make no attempt to try and justify your opinion with sound reasoning. I haven't disagreed with what you have said about Johnston here, have I? You actually posted something with some substance of an explanation, but then had to end it with your quip to me. There are obviously also elements in racing, and it isn't just flat, that aren't totally above board. But I'd imagine every punter knows this, and it is something you take into account when deciding whether to bet or not. Whilst I don't recall posting in the Ryan Moore thread? As for the paddock watching thread, I, like you, only I realise this, you don't seem to, don't have nearly enough knowledge of the subject to give a justifiable opinion on it. You just waded in with your dismissal of it though, no reasoning - just Milen says so so it is so. That's what has changed about you. As for your not caring what others think of you, you make that abundantly clear when you post like that, don't worry.

Re: Johnston Stable I disagree. I've given pretty good explanation on everything I've expressed opinion on. The problem is that the opinion I have on most topics is a lot different than usually proclaimed within the game. If I post a one line response on a topic it's mainly due to me doing 15 things at the same time, but you decide to call me arrogant and knowing fcuk all. Something you're probably quite right about, but that for me is hardly a negative. If you don't think you're the best, then what's the point? It's in my nature to question everything I read and hear. I don't think paddock appearance matters like I've already explained. I rate only a few jockeys, the rest are just fine, average or awful. I question almost every ride, because jockeys are usually not very smart. Can't be helped spending all your days in a yard from an early age. You just end up generally dim and you can't do anything about it. I think most trainers are clueless and campaign their horses the wrong way. Just can't believe the number of times when a trainer doesn't know what good horse he has and what races he sends him to. Then again if I say I think I know better than the trainers, I would be called a fool, because that's how it is, isn't it? Trainers know best. Well, no! Most of them don't. They just know how to train them and even that is debatable. And btw this Bulgarian thing that is being used against me in recent debates. That I haven't seen horses in paddock, so I can never know on the topic. Or my English is not good enough, or indirectly that other people in the industry know more about me, because they are a lot closer to the action. Don't quite get it. I'm pretty sure I watch and read more racing than 99% of the people in the industry no matter where they are. Either in Nepal, England or right in the fcuking middle of Newmarket. Of course I think I know best. If it shouldn't be said then ok, I won't say it. I don't really see the point in being "yea I am ok, but there are so many others that know more than me, so I better keep quiet" though.

I tell you what why dont you take up training and see how you get on given you seem to know so much about it.
What a silly comment. We can all have opinions It's like everyone slagging of a footie team and the manager, happens all the time, then saying "why don't you manage a football team if you know so much about it"..............

What a silly comment. We can all have opinions It's like everyone slagging of a footie team and the manager, happens all the time, then saying "why don't you manage a football team if you know so much about it"..............
Whys it a silly comment? Hes made plenty of them on here of late and is basically saying that hardly any trainer is any good. If he knows best then he should be able to make a decent living out of it.