** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD Monday 27th

2.45 Pontefract Qeethaara looked a very well handicapped horse when bolting up in a apprentice handicap at Warwick only 4 days earlier goes unpenalised in this event but the worry has to be whether this comes to soon and I wouldnt wanna be backing at current 5/2 price. I like the chances of Wisemans Diamond who has slipped a long way in the weights having been largely out of form this season and end of last season. Has gone without a win for nearly 2 years now but now looks very well handicapped running off a 11lb lower mark than she last won off. There was more encouragement last time out when 3rd behind Classic Descent doing best of those up with a strong pace that was in first time blinkers and they have been retained again today, she probably found the ground slow enough last time out and todays faster ground will suit much more and also she has won over CD and run several good races at this course. 1pt win Wisemans Diamond 5/1 bet365

Re: BBOTD Monday 27th 15:15 Pontefract Sans Loi - 1pt win @ sp despite only the 4 runners it still looks a pretty decent race but it should be Sans Loi for the taking he won well on debate on fast easy ground but was very disapointing with hes last run but back to conditions and the distance that favor he should go well and get back to winning ways

Re: BBOTD Monday 27th wolverhampton 17.00 Lexi,s boy 1 point win 9/4 william hill i like the look of the forcast second fav lexi,s boy in this 5 runner field,lexis boy has 3 wins to its name,was a close second last time out and has won on this course before,the forcast fav mojolica look to be to inconsistant and has not proved itself in this class of race,hollow tree will probably front run setting a decent pace but i doubt it will see the trip out maybe grabing second,quiz mistress missed the break last time out and put all its effort in getting back to the rest of the field,but still was weakening at the end,and oasis storm looks to be well out of sorts at the mo prediction 1 lexis boy 2 hollow tree 3 mojilica 4 quiz mistress 5 oasis storm if in this order im haveing a go on the euro millions:cigar117 million on tuesday:loon

Re: BBOTD Monday 27th Bet of the day : 2.30 Wolverhampton - A Boy Named Suzi - Currently 2.6 on Betfair - WIN Reason : Our bet of the day goes to a horse running in the 2.30 at Wolverhampton the horse goes by the name of A BOY NAMED SUZI . The reason why we have opted for a boy named suzi is because . The champion A/W Jockey Luke Morris get's the leg up on James Eustace's 3 year old . This is a Rare partnership but normally a very accurate one when teaming up . A BOY NAMED SUZI Was second last time out in a Class 4 event with Luke Morris taking the ride again that day. Tomorrow will be a Class 6 contest so he is taking a major stepback of 2 so this company should not be any trouble for him the horse has a overall rating of 76 .. And with Luke Morris in the saddle i can see this one bolting up in the first race at Wolverhampton tomorrow.

Re: BBOTD Monday 27th 3.45 Pont - Amitola ew at 12/1 Victor Chandler Takes drop in class from 1-3 in this fillies h/cap after lookin in need if run after 7-8months off track. Good 3rd before break in a listed race only btn just under a length after prev winning a class 2 h/cap . Handles the forecast Gd / frm ground but has won on soft so rain wouldn't be an issue and with the trainer in good form and Spencer on board , this should go close

Re: BBOTD Monday 27th 17:15 Pontefract This isn’t the best race and although AUSSIE BLUE has looked out of form as of late, he has slowly looked like coming to the boil and getting his ideal conditions and trip today alongside dropping to a workable mark of 61, should lead to him running well. Richard Whitaker’s 7yo has only won four times but two of those came here at Pontefract and all of them away from slow ground. The last of those wins was over course and distance last September off only 1lb lower than he races off today. It was definitely a similar race to today's and he powered clear on that occasion, winning with authority by 3.75 lengths. He was of course punished in the ratings and although followed it up with a fine effort off a mark of 68 at Wolverhampton, he hasn’t shown a great deal since. Aussie Blue has often needed time after a break to get going and this was shown in 2011, too. Two quiet efforts when unfancied over course and distance were followed by his most creditable effort, again over CD when finishing almost 7 lengths behind the winner off a mark of 66. He was ridden by an Apprentice that day and wasn’t given a hard time by any means after being held up in the rear, even so he looked like making a big challenge before fading. His rider also stopped riding close to the line which on further inspection looked a bit ridiculous, so was value for at least another length closer to the winner. He was last seen when racing on softer ground at Carlisle. It came after a short break too which wouldn’t have been ideal. Even so, the ground wasn’t to suit as he’s never shown much form with cut in the ground and is likely best ignored. He didn’t shape too badly, even though finishing as far back (heavily eased). This combination of efforts has led to the big drop in the weights, and is now on a decent mark I feel. He should be up to winning races off a mark of 61. Stronger handling today on his preferred track should also lead to a better effort. Robert Winston is a decent rider when up with the pace and that’s where I hope Aussie Blue will be situated today. He can win held up but he’s shown the majority of his best form when closer to the pace. Hopefully the booking of Winston indicates they’ll be trying this. Another positive is the record the yard has when teaming with Winston of 2/4. The draw has been kind and I just feel connections feel that a big run is likely. At the prices too, 16/1 is not to be sniffed at in a 9 runner race. Although the entry later in the week in a Claiming race is a slight concern, this horse back at Pontefract, likely to be approaching full fitness, a very positive jockey booking and a big price give me a hope of some return on my money. He won this race in 2008 (off 59) and his yard also won it in 2006, so it's perhaps been a target for connections for a while. Aussie Blue; EW @ 16/1 Bet365 (bog)

Re: BBOTD Monday 27th 3.45 Pontefract Amitola 12/1 win William Hill Really like the look of David Barron's filly here in what looks a competitive handicap over 6f. This lightly raced 4 year old comes here after a disappointing reappearance run at Haydock in May after a 7 month absence and is now dropped in class. However, it is safe to assume that this filly would have needed that run and will come on as a result. Amitola has won twice so far in her career, making an impressive winning debut by 6L to Kellys Eye who subsequently pieced together a hat trick at around this time last year. Amitola's 2nd victory came at Newmarket last September when winning by a neck to Midnight Martini. That day two of todays rivals finished behind todays selection, with Sioux Rising finishing 3.25L behind in 4th and Desert Poppy 4.13L back in 6th. Although these two rivals reoppose today on better terms of 1lb and 3lb respectively, I do not see this being enough to reverse the form. Just over 2 weeks after her last win, Amitola put up a very credibly 0.88L 3rd behind Dever Dream. Amitola raced isolated for the first 3f but converged with the main bunch to get pipped in the final 100 yards. Todays jockey Jamie Spencer was on board for the win and subsequent 3rd but was absent for her reappeearance, so it seems to be that the very in form Barron yard turn to Mr. Spencer when they mean business. David Barron has come into absolutely fantastic form in the last week, with 7 wins and a 0.16L 3rd from his last 11 runners, which is pretty phenomnenal. This is Barrons only runner of the day, which certainly isn't a negative. Although this is competitive, I really really fancy the chances of this filly tomorrow. With only 8 races run so far to date, Amitola is certainly open to impovement and remains unexposed. Jamie Spencer is a good jockey booking, as he is one of the best riders for delivering a front running ride that I expect Amitola to run. Favourite Girl and Who's Shirl seem overpriced to me also, while the favourite Entitled will certainly be a force to be reckoned despite an 8lb rise for winning LTO. Although Amitola has never encountered the massive uphill finish at Pontefract before, I think she will relish this steep finish as she has won and come 3rd at Newmarket that also has an uphill finish. With the yard in stunning form and the reappearnce run last month, I think that Amitola should be bang there at the finish.

Re: BBOTD Monday 27th Wolverhampton 3:00 Piccoluck 10-1 BET365 BOG 1 PONT WIN Always seems to make the frame without actually winning but today this may change. Has performed well narrowly beaten several times off a slightly higher mark of 65, running of 64 today. 6F seems to be the trip so thats a positive, William Buick booked is another advantage and already ran here over 6f coming third 1.25 lengths of the eventual winner. Most significantly the horse has changed yards and i always watch to se eif ther eis any imporvment in such cases, this horse wasnt far away from winning anyway so the change of scenario may be the key today.

Re: BBOTD Monday 27th 2.15 Pontefract Amazing Blue Sky has two distinct advantages in this race today. He is from a stable in form in the shape of Ruth Carr and he has the able assistance of the best jockey in the race Miss Serena Brotherton. The importance of the second point can not be overestimated and she rode this horse to its last victory with an all the way front running ride. Every chance she will try the same thing today and although weighted up to his best he has run well enough of similar marks before.Ground should suit also as he is a versatile sort so blast off from the front and hold on... 1 Pt win 13/2 Bet365

Re: BBOTD Monday 27th 3.15 Pontefract SANS LOI and Princess Banu look the pair to focus on. Princess Banu is the more experienced of the two and seems to have run her best races over 5f at Newcastle and Newmarket. Upped to 6f last time she didn't totally convince, so preference is for Alan McCabe's charge. He disappointed in the Group 2 Norfolk Stakes last time but the return to 5f and faster ground is expected to suit him today and he could grasp the prize away from the doubly represented Channon. Sans Loi Evs Paddypower, 1 pt win

Re: BBOTD Monday 27th 2.15 pontefract strike force 7-1 betfred 1pt win ran great race off a slow run race last time out finishing 2nd fast ground today and hopefully a strong pace if it is then strike should win today. gamberling on strong pace for this dude seen this horse in last race when just starting out betting couple of week ago just like camberly 2 tomoz. had a 1st 2nd 2nd in last three rides loves fast ground so should do well. i would proberly say go ew on this but i want pure profit today and hop this horse brings me it

Re: BBOTD Monday 27th Glyn Ceiriog - 8.40 Windsor (17-2 WH BOG) With only five runs so far, this filly could be ready to come into her own stepped up in trip. She is bred for stamina and an opening handicap mark of 68 looks potentially workable. She was placed over 8f on her second start last year and then caught the attention of the stewards on her reappearance over 7f at Leicester. She then faced a very tough task over 10f at today's course, in a race won by Alkimos, a subsequent Group 3 runner-up at Ascot. Admittedly her last run (a distant 3rd of 7) was disappointing, but it's possible that 10f is simply not a sufficient test of stamina for her to show her best.

Re: BBOTD Monday 27th 3.45pm @ Pontefract 'Mosaicist' 4/1 (Paddy Power) Very much an in form horse, winning it last couple pretty easily and definitely looking better than the horses he's been racing. Entitled won well last time in a very mediocre looking race so I don't have that as favourite in my book. Today's race doesn't look much more difficult than the last 2 so I'm expecting Fallon to win comfortably on this one again. 1 point win

Re: BBOTD Monday 27th 6.55 Muss: Westlin Winds 1pt 7/4 Betfred Not the best racing i've seen but it is monday I suppose, anyway I quite like these amatuer races and the one at Musselburgh looks good for Brian Ellison and Westlin Winds, he was second last time to Dechiper who he meets on better terms and has the best amatuer in the race riding him in Simon Walker, he's a fair judge on pace which will be crucial around this sharp track and should have to much for this company. Los Nadis won it last year but he'e been running a bit flat but does like this place so could be the danger.

Re: BBOTD Monday 27th 3.45 Pontefract: Amitola 1pt win @ 10/1 Ladbrokes BOG This horse has a great chance here in my opinion. Looked quite progressive last year winning a class 2 Newmarket handicap from 5lbs lower before running very well in a listed race at same venue. Disappointing on reappearance, however that run will have blown the cobwebs away so sure to strip fitter for this race. Stable in really decent form at present and have a particularly impressive strike rate at this track. Jamie Spencer on board and both trainer and jockey combined for a winner last week with Spencers stats for the yard another major positive. David Barron's only runner across the cards today and big chance IMO.

Re: BBOTD Monday 27th Ponty 5.15 - Unknown Rebel - win at 4/1 BOG Victor Chandler CD winner who's won his last 2 races and acts on the ground All his wins have come at tracks with uphill finishes, here, Beverley and hamilton and he's been winning narrowly so has only gone up 6 lbs for 2 wins The favourite is another 3yo who's won his last 2 races, Regimental. His wins have come at sharp or flat tracks and he's gone up 9lbs for his 2 narrow wins

Re: BBOTD Monday 27th 5.30 wolves pie poudre e/w 13/2 vc won last time out. Goes well at the course and isn't too badly drawn. Carson does the steering and he should be able to go well in this company. One of the more consistent horses in the field

Re: BBOTD Monday 27th 8.10 Windsor - 1pt win Trend Line @ 7/1 (Ladbrokes) Trend Line, trained by Peter Chapple-Hyam, receives weight from her elders tonight (other than the two other 3yos), and I think she has a massive chance of getting off the mark. She was sent off as a 7/4 favourite on his debut at Lingfield over 7f back in January when disappointing slightly in 5th. She is well bred, though, and expected to appreciate further. She had a break until mid-April when she took on some useful animals in a Newbury maiden. The race has worked out exceptionally well, which leads me to believe she could be well handicapped on her handicap debut tonight. The winner of that race, Imperial Pippin, finished 3l behind the smart Beatrice Aurore and then chased home another useful horse in Rumh. John Gosden's filly is now rated 93. Caraboss smashed a maiden field on her next start to be rated 90, Stella Point got off the mark easily at Doncaster the other day and is rated in the 90s. Creme Anglaise disappointed at Royal Ascot but is still rated 86 after winning (and beating Trend Line again) at the same venue prior. Trend Line was only beaten just over 6l that day so given she runs off an opening mark of 75 today, she could be up to winning it. She ran okay again at Ascot, but probably was more in order to get a feasible mark and she now should be bang on to make a big impact. She was an expensive purchase, and obviously expected to be useful right from the start. Edgewater won't stay in my opinion, Charmeur has shown next to nothing in the country over hurdles, and Royal Etiquette is a longstanding maiden. The others rate as dangers, but May Be Some Time has something to prove after flopping last time, and Sacred Shield didn't comprehensively frank the form of Aldwick Bay's recent win. I'm quite content to take a chance on a filly with scope to progress now in handicaps. It's a shame there's only 7 which go to post, but I'm willing to place a win bet on her.

Re: BBOTD Monday 27th Westlin' Winds @ 13/8 Lexi's Boy @ 15/8 Efistorm @ 9/4 Regimental @ 9/2 Lucky 15, 15 bets ew to. had that today i was gutted when i found out westlin first forthth but though still got me back some dosh though. 3 wins out of four shame i cant have a win in the best bet of the day cop. i dont know if this will be feasble or not but starting up a lucky 15 comp. dunno what billy and other mods think bout it. i no i love the bbotd comp just find it hard to pick winners lol. see what they think first.