VALUE ALERT - iPoker Network WSOP Dollar Drive ($13K WSOP PACKAGE) SLAPDASH WINS

morlspin

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: VALUE ALERT - iPoker Network WSOP Dollar Drive ($13K WSOP PACKAGE) SLAPDASH WINS I played two $30 rebuy satellites to get into the mega-satellite. No joy in the first one.They warned us when registering for the second that if it wasn't over 10 minutes before registration closed for the "main event" it would be cut short and places awarded according to chip stack. When they announced "last hand" there were seven left with six places on offer. I was on the button with the second shortest stack, and the shortest stack was in the small blind, and the blinds/antes would be enough to overtake me. It was passed round to me (unsurprisingly). If I pass, the SB has to shove, and the BB (if he has any sense) will fold, guaranteeing himself a seat. So, independent of cards, I have to shove, the SB has to call, and the BB has to fold. Luckily I had AQ, he had something like 75s and my hand held up. Actually, the consolation money for 7th place was not that much less than the cost of a seat, so I'd probably have entered anyway. In the mega-satellite I have to say I was a card-rack. I had AA seven times in about 450 hands, and got paid off with them big-time three times and only lost one to an ultra-short stack. The gods of Justice on the River were looking after me, too. Once I was all-in preflop with KK v 1010. There was a 10 in the flop, but I got a K on the river. Later, I got all in on a queen-high flop with AQ and the nut club flush draw. He had KQ and hit a king on the turn, but I got a club on the river. I'm off to Vegas on 8th July and will be playing Day 1D on 10th July. ... so I guess I have about three weeks to learn how to play this game. :$

Re: VALUE ALERT - iPoker Network WSOP Dollar Drive ($13K WSOP PACKAGE) SLAPDASH WINS Nice one Slapper :ok Which site was you on good value on BBP if you qualified they gave you another seat for next years ME and Genting/Circus were also adding some money value. My value was in my Mother-in-Law coming round for the day and insisting she took us all out for dinner and getting back home at 8.30 :@

Re: VALUE ALERT - iPoker Network WSOP Dollar Drive ($13K WSOP PACKAGE) SLAPDASH WINS

Which site was you on good value on BBP if you qualified they gave you another seat for next years ME and Genting/Circus were also adding some money value.
BBP. In fact I opened an account with them specifically because of the added seat for next year (which I only get if I make the money this time round, by the way). I didn't know about the added money on Genting/Circus. How much was it?

• 2 weeks later...

Re: VALUE ALERT - iPoker Network WSOP Dollar Drive ($13K WSOP PACKAGE) SLAPDASH WINS Apparently I literally exploded. Painful. :$ I'm flying to Vegas on Friday (I seem to have avoided any Virgin pilots' strike, at least for the outward journey, as they need to give seven days notice and haven't yet) and I'm playing Day 1D on Sunday, starting at noon local time, which is 8pm BST. If I get through that then I'm in Day 2B on Tuesday. Day 3 is Thursday, with no more days off until the November Nine is decided. Goal number one: not to humiliate myself. :hope