** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

NBA Playoffs - First Round 2011

Re: NBA Playoffs - First Round 2011 Bulls have been rubbish all series, would it been a stronger opponents, let's say Philly, they might have crushed out in the first round. Pacers are really brainless team and almost threw this one away after being up by 18 in the final Q.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: NBA Playoffs - First Round 2011 Grizzlies v Spurs. Over 188.5 points. 1.77 @ 5Dimes The fact that this match will take place in Memphis makes me lean towards a high scoring match. Grizzlies are a young team and will try to push the tempo now that they will be playing at home. Unless Spurs get into early lead can't see a slow pace ball game. Grizzlies know very well that their best chance of beating old team like Spurs is to run&gun. Both matches in the regular season played in Memphis went overs. Nuggets v Thunder. Over 205 points. 1.75 @ 5 Dimes Nuggets will have Aflalo back after long time of absence. He is not only good defender but more importantly is legit scorer and can make some shots. Nuggets went missing early on in the 2nd game in OKC. Can't see that happening on their home court, should be a fun game despite this being play offs. Overs is my pick and one very good indicator about the overs in this match is that line is going upwards all the time.

Re: NBA Playoffs - First Round 2011 Had the korver 3 ball not been waived off , bulls would surely have won it as they were on the big comeback trail . Was enjoying every moment of it . It was not to be though . I would rather bulls finish pacers off in 4 so that they can wake up their idea for the next round . You are right though , bulls are just not firing so far . Been pretty poor so far .

Bulls have been rubbish all series' date=' would it been a stronger opponents, let's say Philly, they might have crushed out in the first round. Pacers are really brainless team and almost threw this one away after being up by 18 in the final Q.[/quote']

Re: NBA Playoffs - First Round 2011 Game 4 - Orlando Magic at Atlanta Hawks - Under 179 points @ 1.893 (Pinnacle Sports) This total is still high enough to bet on, and with the Hawks desperate to go into Game 5 with a 3-1 lead, expect them to play tough defense and keep Orlando's shooting percentage low yet again. For more details into why betting this, see the last 3 times I've bet it.

Re: NBA Playoffs - First Round 2011 Game 5 - Los Angeles Lakers at New Orleans Hornets - Lakers (-5.5) @ 1.95 (Victor Chandler) The Lakers are too strong here and will take a lot of confidence from the last match between the two which they won comfortably. Gasol and Bryant finally both got decent points and I expect Lakers won to win this so they can win the series at home in Game 5. Expect a valiant New Orleans effort, but I think they're always going to struggle here, and 5.5 handicap is not too high for the Lakers to beat.

Re: NBA Playoffs - First Round 2011 Game 4 - Boston Celtics @ New York Knicks - Boston Celtics (-4) 1.9 bet365 Well after 3rd game at New York I am fully convinced that Boston will finish this series in NY. In 4th game New York might be missing Billups and Stoudemire, because of his aching back and he said that he will only play if he will feel better. That means the only player who will be able to help the team is Anthony, but even he will score 40-50 points that still won't be enough for NY Knicks win. Boston on the other hand will be able to use KG even more if Knicks will be without Amare. I believe that Pierce and Allen will make many field goals too. Finally, Rondo who had triple double in the 3rd game will cause many problems to the NY, because of his offensive rebounds and many assists (3rd game 20).

Re: NBA Playoffs - First Round 2011 The NBA playoffs are underway and already we’re getting an idea of who are the contenders and who are the pretenders. One team that looks to have a straight forward draw en route to the finals is the Boston Celtics, who are definitely overpriced at $7.50, and with Shaq very close to getting back on the court and Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and Ray Allen as fit as ever it is hard to overlook this team. A simple 1st round matchup is just what the doctor ordered, and they are definitely showing they are still the kings of lockdown D and offensively they are slowly finding their groove with the new additions Jeff Green and Nenad Krstic. Their next test will be Miami, which promises to be a very exciting matchup with Miami, who are looking to strong for Philadelphia. Assuming this will be the matchup we have to wonder who plays on Rondo. Lebron? We saw how that worked out last year, and this will be a huge factor. Rajon Rondo is 10th amongst point guards in layups converted and makes 63% of his shots at the rim. That's a very good percentage, considering his court vision, which is the best in the league leaving the court spreaders Paul Pierce and Ray Allen wide open as the defence collapses. We must also speculate who plays on Shaq? Considering Miami’s talls are defensively inferior to Boston’s, a big post presence will ruin Miami. Kevin Garnett will abuse Chris Bosh at the power forward position and we have seen time and time again Paul Pierce hold his own against Lebron and same with Ray Allen against Dwyane Wade. Chicago is the hot favourite, but let’s break it down for a second. When your leading scorer attempts six 3’s a game at a clip over 30%, it’s fair to say there are problems with your offence. The Bulls are currently in a struggle with the Pacers (who this year reached the Playoffs with the 2nd lowest 82 game record of all time). Carlos ‘No Defence’ Boozer is showing just how useless he is come Playoff time. First team defender Rajon Rondo will make Derrick Rose accountable and stop him driving to the rim at will and a fit Shaq will cause Joakim Noah fits due to his sheer size. This matchup seems favourable to the Celtics. The only team in the East in my opinion Boston doesn’t want to see during the Playoffs is Orlando. They have a terrific interior post player in Dwight Howard, who is not only a terrific rim defender but also spaces the floor like no other player in the league. Fortunately they seem to be a team void of confidence, and will again fall short of the daunting Playoff successes they have longed for. Looking through the West there is some interesting matchups. Oklahoma City and San Antonio look set for a tussle and the big questions still remain. Kendrick Perkins was a great addition but does he solve their pick and roll troubles against elite guards in which Spurs have two plus George Hill, who is a highly intelligent combo guard. And will Serge Ibaka continue his good form? with Kendrick Perkins dealing with the bigger bodies, Ibaka comes from the weak side and has been damaging since the acquisition of Perkins, averaging 3.4 blocks per game. Lakers and Dallas get ready to duel and I can’t see anything but a Lakers win here. The size and length of Andrew Bynum, Lamar Odom and Pau Gasol is just too much and the fact other than Jason Terry aside, Dallas do not have anyone at their disposal than can exploit the Lakers weak, slow PG position. It’s very tough to say who will come out of the West, but the answer to that question hinges largely on three factors: can Bynum stay health, is Ginobli’s elbow OK and can the young OKC team step up and go one better this year and beat the Lakers in the clutch. All of these are huge factors but I think the Big Four at Boston know that this could be their last chance and this will give them extra motivation. They have been there and done it all before so they know how to win the big games. Meeting the Lakers would represent a chance for revenge and with scores tied with 3 seconds left there is no one you would rather have the ball than Ray Allen.

Re: NBA Playoffs - First Round 2011 Game 4 - Orlando Magic @ Atlanta Hawks - Atlanta Hawks ML @ 2.05 bet365.com In my opinion Atlanta has been better in the series. The main reasons why? Magic won't survive without Nelson and Howard. They are both key players. Howard normally makes more points in the first half and after that we see Nelson in the 3rd and 4th quarter. I hate it really when the whole quarter might be influenced only by one player like Nelson. On the other hand, we have Hawks which have Hinrich, Crawford, Johnson and Smith. They are all playing good team basketball. Especially Hinrich + Crawford. In game 3 Crawford was the key player for the win. I think in this it might be the same, if Crawford will come from the bench and score 15+ points. However, both teams will be missing players, but Hawks miss of Pachulia will be essential. Finally, I think that Hawks might come from behind and take this game. GL. :)

Re: NBA Playoffs - First Round 2011

Game 4 - Orlando Magic @ Atlanta Hawks - Atlanta Hawks ML @ 2.05 bet365.com In my opinion Atlanta has been better in the series. The main reasons why? Magic won't survive without Nelson and Howard. They are both key players. Howard normally makes more points in the first half and after that we see Nelson in the 3rd and 4th quarter. I hate it really when the whole quarter might be influenced only by one player like Nelson. On the other hand, we have Hawks which have Hinrich, Crawford, Johnson and Smith. They are all playing good team basketball. Especially Hinrich + Crawford. In game 3 Crawford was the key player for the win. I think in this it might be the same, if Crawford will come from the bench and score 15+ points. However, both teams will be missing players, but Hawks miss of Pachulia will be essential. Finally, I think that Hawks might come from behind and take this game. GL. :)
I've consider the Hawks all day, but I'm really not sure if they can win again, although I don't see why they shouldn't, just have a slight worry they won't. If you are convinced they will win this, then maybe you should consider Atlanta to win the series @ 2.55 on Bwin at the moment. Definite value in that I reckon.

Re: NBA Playoffs - First Round 2011 Ricki, I shouldn't tell you that, but Hawks are my favourites in the series, but I think they can win if they will be able to score more points in paint. Their problem in the previous game was too many jump shots and also I've seen Josh Smith tryin to score a few 3 pointers. In my opinion, they will understand if they want to win the series they need to win at home and if they will consider the fact that scoring more points in paint leads to a win I think they will definetely win. :)

Re: NBA Playoffs - First Round 2011 Game 4 - Orlando Magic at Atlanta Hawks - Over 24.5 points Dwight Howard @ 1.76 (Ladbrokes) Howard has dominated Hawks for most of the series even if Orlando have lost two and has averaged 33.3 points so far in the post season. With Pachulia out also, Howard will find it easier to score. With Orlando already 2-1 down in the series and they will be desperate to win this, so I imagine the team will look to him to lead them through this game. He has played at least 45 minutes in each of the first 3 games including the whole game in the first, so expect him to play a lot of this game and easily get 25 points or more.

Re: NBA Playoffs - First Round 2011 Agree with Howard going over that margin, with Pachulia being out Collins and Horford might get into early foul problems... Anyway, i think this one is slightly better: Hawks - Magic Under 178.5 @ 1.91 Sportingbet Just take a look at h2h stats and you'll get the picture. These two teams play very physical basketball with plenty of contact and discipline at defensive end and tonight it might become even tougher since Atlanta leads 2-1 and if they win tonight Orlando will be in a very difficult position. Also, J-Rich is out for them and Pachulia for the hosts so we can expect at least repeating of last 2 meetings when neither team crossed 88 margin. Good luck.

Boston is just a fokin cash COW ! :D Nice game' date=' now I'm considering on some insurance with lakers and magic handicap.[/quote'] Are you meaning that you may bet on Lakers -5? Also do you have opinion about the under/over in this game?

Are you meaning that you may bet on Lakers -5? Also do you have opinion about the under/over in this game?
Well I think I'll take Lakers handicap in game in the beggining of the 1st quarter, cause its easier, but expect them to win by more than 5 or 6, cause my handicap is -6. Medium Stake on Handicap in play. :)

Game 4 - Orlando Magic at Atlanta Hawks - Under 179 points @ 1.893 (Pinnacle Sports) This total is still high enough to bet on, and with the Hawks desperate to go into Game 5 with a 3-1 lead, expect them to play tough defense and keep Orlando's shooting percentage low yet again. For more details into why betting this, see the last 3 times I've bet it.
Game 4 - Orlando Magic at Atlanta Hawks - Over 24.5 points Dwight Howard @ 1.76 (Ladbrokes) Howard has dominated Hawks for most of the series even if Orlando have lost two and has averaged 33.3 points so far in the post season. With Pachulia out also, Howard will find it easier to score. With Orlando already 2-1 down in the series and they will be desperate to win this, so I imagine the team will look to him to lead them through this game. He has played at least 45 minutes in each of the first 3 games including the whole game in the first, so expect him to play a lot of this game and easily get 25 points or more.
Both won fairly comfortably. :ok Also been was lucky enough to get on the under in the Heat-76ers game and that won too so 3/3 today.

Game 4 - Orlando Magic @ Atlanta Hawks - Atlanta Hawks ML @ 2.05 bet365.com In my opinion Atlanta has been better in the series. The main reasons why? Magic won't survive without Nelson and Howard. They are both key players. Howard normally makes more points in the first half and after that we see Nelson in the 3rd and 4th quarter. I hate it really when the whole quarter might be influenced only by one player like Nelson. On the other hand, we have Hawks which have Hinrich, Crawford, Johnson and Smith. They are all playing good team basketball. Especially Hinrich + Crawford. In game 3 Crawford was the key player for the win. I think in this it might be the same, if Crawford will come from the bench and score 15+ points. However, both teams will be missing players, but Hawks miss of Pachulia will be essential. Finally, I think that Hawks might come from behind and take this game. GL. :)
The game was just sick, guys. I always believed in them, however I had a bet on Howard's over 26.5, so today its a lot of cash for me. However, its not enough like always, so the last pick is for LAKERS -6.

Re: NBA Playoffs - First Round 2011 Game 4 - San Antonio Spurs at Memphis Grizzlies - Under 189 points @ 1.95 (Victor Chandler) Two out of the three playoff games in this series have gone under and they finished around 180 points with the first game going for nearer 200 points. However, in that game they were helped a lot by the referee who gave numerous fouls resulting in a lot of points from free throws. There was also quite high percentage shooting and quite a few three pointers, but the last two have been more nervy defensive games. With the Spurs sure to be a bit edgy with the possibility of them going down 3-1 in the series, they might not be at their offensive best, and with Memphis seemingly knowing how to defend against the Spurs I think there is a strong possibility this goes under. All the games seem to be going under in the playoffs at the moment and I hope for another too here. Also leaning Dallas Mavericks.

Re: NBA Playoffs - First Round 2011 Game 5 - Portland Trailblazers at Dallas Mavericks - Mavs (-4.5) @ 1.95 (Victor Chandler) Dallas have won ATS in all but one of the first 4 games the other which was a push. They will have been devastated by losing the last game after such a massive lead so hopefully will use that as motivation for it not to happen again. I think the Trailblazers are very overrated and that Dallas should be in control of this series, but with their home crowd I reckon they have it in them to beat the Blazers by 5 points fair easily. There wont their first two home games by 12 and 8, so I'm surprised the handicap has stayed low as they were quite unfortunate not to have won one of the road games.

Re: NBA Playoffs - First Round 2011 Thunder +4 @ Nuggets. 1.80 @ 5Dimes Thunder are totally having Denver's number in this series, can't see Nuggets surviving more than one game in all honesty. We have seen that both Bulls and Heat failed to close it out at the first time of asking and it could happen to Thunder as well, therefore I don't take OKC win at juicy odds but have just a 4 pts handicap. Don't think Nuggets can suddenly beat them by couple baskets after not being able to win a single match in the series thus far.

Re: NBA Playoffs - First Round 2011 I've been a good fade material so far... NBA PLAYOFFS 2011.04.16 results recap: Atlanta Hawks @ Orlando Magic: Orlando Magic -8.5 -110 (1.91) Bookmaker, The Greek (-13) 93-103 LOSS Portland Trail Blazers @ Dallas Mavericks: Over 186 -110 (1.91) The Greek (o191) 89-81 LOSS NBA PLAYOFFS 2011.04.16 finished 0-2, -2 units lost/2 units risked on HDP & OU. NBA 2010/2011 PLAYOFFS HDP & OU Record: 0-2, -2 units lost (2 units risked) NBA 2010/2011 PLAYOFFS Moneylines Record: 0-0, +0 units won (0 units risked) NBA PLAYOFFS 2011.04.17 results recap: Memphis Grizzlies @ San Antonio Spurs: San Antonio Spurs -6 -110 (1.91) Bookmaker, The Greek (-9) 98-101 LOSS New Orleans Hornets @ Los Angeles Lakers: Los Angeles Lakers -10 -110 (1.91) Bookmaker, The Greek (-15) 100-109 LOSS NBA PLAYOFFS 2011.04.17 finished 0-2, -2 units lost/2 units risked on HDP & OU. NBA 2010/2011 PLAYOFFS HDP & OU Record: 0-4, -4 units lost (4 units risked) NBA 2010/2011 PLAYOFFS Moneylines Record: 0-0, +0 units won (0 units risked) NBA PLAYOFFS 2011.04.18 results recap: Philadelphia 76ers @ Miami Heat: Philadelphia 76ers +9.5 -115 (1.87) The Greek (+5) 94-73 LOSS Philadelphia 76ers @ Miami Heat: Over 189.5 -110 (1.91) Bookmaker, The Greek (o195) 94-73 LOSS Indiana Pacers @ Chicago Bulls: Chicago Bulls -11.5 -110 (1.91) Bookmaker, The Greek (-15) 96-90 LOSS NBA PLAYOFFS 2011.04.18 finished 0-3, -3 units lost/3 units risked on HDP & OU. NBA 2010/2011 PLAYOFFS HDP & OU Record: 0-7, -7 units lost (7 units risked) NBA 2010/2011 PLAYOFFS Moneylines Record: 0-0, +0 units won (0 units risked) NBA PLAYOFFS 2011.04.19 results recap: New York Knicks @ Boston Celtics: Under 193 -115 (1.87) The Greek (u188) 96-93 WIN Atlanta Hawks @ Orlando Magic: Orlando Magic -9.5 -110 (1.91) Bookmaker, The Greek (-13) 88-82 LOSS Portland Trail Blazers @ Dallas Mavericks: Portland Trail Blazers +3.5 -110 (1.91) Bookmaker, The Greek (pk) 101-89 LOSS NBA PLAYOFFS 2011.04.19 finished 1-2, -1.13 units lost/3 units risked on HDP & OU. NBA 2010/2011 PLAYOFFS HDP & OU Record: 1-9, -8.13 units lost (10 units risked) NBA PLAYOFFS 2011.04.19 finished 0-1, -1 unit lost/1 unit risked on Moneylines. Portland Trail Blazers @ Dallas Mavericks: Portland Trail Blazers ML +150 (2.50) Bookmaker, The Greek (pk) 101-89 LOSS NBA 2010/2011 PLAYOFFS Moneylines Record: 0-1, -1 unit lost (1 units risked) NBA PLAYOFFS 2011.04.22 results recap: Boston Celtics @ New York Knicks: New York Knicks -3.5 -110 (1.91) Bookmaker, The Greek (-9) 96-113 LOSS Los Angeles Lakers @ New Orleans Hornets: Over 183 -110 (1.91) Bookmaker (o188) 86-100 WIN NBA PLAYOFFS 2011.04.22 finished 1-1, -0.09 units lost/2 units risked on HDP & OU. NBA 2010/2011 PLAYOFFS HDP & OU Record: 2-10, -8.22 units lost (12 units risked) NBA 2010/2011 PLAYOFFS Moneylines Record: 0-1, -1 unit lost (1 units risked) NBA PLAYOFFS 2011.04.23 results recap: Dallas Mavericks @ Portland Trail Blazers: Portland Trail Blazers -4 -110 (1.91) Bookmaker, The Greek (-8) 84-82 LOSS San Antonio Spurs @ Memphis Grizzlies: Memphis Grizzlies -2 -110 (1.91) Bookmaker, The Greek (-6) 91-88 WIN San Antonio Spurs @ Memphis Grizzlies: Over 191 -110 (1.91) Bookmaker, The Greek (o199) 91-88 LOSS Oklahoma City Thunder @ Denver Nuggets: Denver Nuggets -5 -110 (1.91) Bookmaker, The Greek (-9) 94-97 LOSS NBA PLAYOFFS 2011.04.23 finished 1-3, -2.09 units lost/4 units risked on HDP & OU. NBA 2010/2011 PLAYOFFS HDP & OU Record: 3-13, -10.31 units lost (16 units risked) NBA 2010/2011 PLAYOFFS Moneylines Record: 0-1, -1 unit lost (1 units risked) NBA PLAYOFFS 2011.04.24 results recap: Miami Heat @ Philadelphia 76ers: Philadelphia 76ers +6 -110 (1.91) Bookmaker, The Greek (-3) 86-82 WIN Orlando Magic @ Atlanta Hawks: Orlando Magic -2 -110 (1.91) Bookmaker, The Greek (-6) 88-85 LOSS Los Angeles Lakers @ New Orleans Hornets: Los Angeles Lakers -5.5 -110 (1.91) Bookmaker, The Greek (-11) 93-88 LOSS NBA PLAYOFFS 2011.04.24 finished 1-2, -1.09 units lost/4 units risked on HDP & OU. NBA 2010/2011 PLAYOFFS HDP & OU Record: 4-15, -11.40 units lost (19 units risked) Miami Heat @ Philadelphia 76ers: Philadelphia 76ers ML +225 (3.25) Bookmaker, The Greek (-3) 86-82 WIN NBA PLAYOFFS 2011.04.24 finished 1-0, +2.25 units won/1 unit risked on Moneylines. NBA 2010/2011 PLAYOFFS Moneylines Record: 1-1, +1.25 units won (2 units risked) NBA 2011.04.17 Playoffs Picks: Memphis ML +100 (2.00) Bookmaker, The Greek (-4) Memphis +1 -110 (1.91) Bookmaker, The Greek (-4) Portland @ Dallas Over 183.5 -110 (1.91) Bookmaker (o187) Denver -3 -110 (1.91) Bookmaker, The Greek (-8) Good Luck.

Game 4 - San Antonio Spurs at Memphis Grizzlies - Under 189 points @ 1.95 (Victor Chandler) Two out of the three playoff games in this series have gone under and they finished around 180 points with the first game going for nearer 200 points. However, in that game they were helped a lot by the referee who gave numerous fouls resulting in a lot of points from free throws. There was also quite high percentage shooting and quite a few three pointers, but the last two have been more nervy defensive games. With the Spurs sure to be a bit edgy with the possibility of them going down 3-1 in the series, they might not be at their offensive best, and with Memphis seemingly knowing how to defend against the Spurs I think there is a strong possibility this goes under. All the games seem to be going under in the playoffs at the moment and I hope for another too here. Also leaning Dallas Mavericks.
Finished on 190 points. :sad
Game 5 - Portland Trailblazers at Dallas Mavericks - Mavs (-4.5) @ 1.95 (Victor Chandler) Dallas have won ATS in all but one of the first 4 games the other which was a push. They will have been devastated by losing the last game after such a massive lead so hopefully will use that as motivation for it not to happen again. I think the Trailblazers are very overrated and that Dallas should be in control of this series, but with their home crowd I reckon they have it in them to beat the Blazers by 5 points fair easily. There wont their first two home games by 12 and 8, so I'm surprised the handicap has stayed low as they were quite unfortunate not to have won one of the road games.
But this won.

Re: NBA Playoffs - First Round 2011 Game 5 - Atlanta Hawks at Orlando Magic - Hawks (+7.5) @ 1.95 (Victor Chandler) There is not much surprise in this line, with the Magic being heavily favoured during the whole series, but the Hawks are 3-1 up with Orlando having to win this game. But Atlanta have played them close in all games and it seems to be a match-up problem for Orlando. Although I think Orlando might possibly pull a win out the bag, I don't think it will be by many points, and I don't think the Magic have done enough to convince me they can beat this handicap. Take the Hawks.

Re: NBA Playoffs - First Round 2011 Game 5 - Indiana Pacers at Chicago Bulls - Pacers 1H (+5.5) @ 1.91 (Bet 365) Yes, Indiana are almost certainly out of the playoffs tonight but having gone into the 2nd half of every game so far in the lead or tied on points, giving me 5.5 points is a must bet. I reckon Chicago may finish strongly and try and please the crowd so the first half handicap is a better bet, but here's hoping the Pacers don't roll over and try to keep it close. Also with Derrick Rose having a small injury, this might favour the Pacers also.