** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

NBA Playoffs - First Round 2011

Re: NBA Playoffs - First Round 2011 7 Point Teaser - Bulls/Pacers Under 193.5 and Magic/Hawks Under 185 @ 2.03 (Bet 365) I think both these totals are going to go under anyway, but I thought I'd play if safe and combine the two in a 7 point teaser. Both match ups had the first game go over and the next three games go under, and I'm expecting with the 7 point safety net for this double to win. Bulls/Magic and Hawks are very defensive teams and with the potential for both of these series to be finished today, I expect two nervy games which should result in this bet winning. Good luck if anyone else is betting today.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: NBA Playoffs - First Round 2011 Pacers +10 AH @ Bulls. 1.80 @ 5Dimes Very few people believe Bulls won't close it out today at home. Pacers almost blew away 18 points 4th quarter lead in the last match. Interestingly enough Pacers have had a reasonable lead in every single match against Bulls this series but have managed to hold onto their lead only once. They should have won the first match as well. Rose has been struggling in the last two matches, he's having an ankle problem, but is expected to play. Pacers have been doing very well in the paint and the inside scoring should be able to keep them alive and make this match closer than most expect. 10 points looks ridiculous for a handicap. The biggest winning margin for Bulls in this series has been six points. Hawks +8 AH @ Magic. 1.82 @ 5Dimes Magic are on the verge of going out of play-offs tonight. They have beaten Atlanta only once in the series and also only once in the regular season, that's 2-6 record for the season. Unbelievable stats considering they swept Hawks 4-0 in last year's play-offs and won by an average margin of over 20 pts. Atlanta are no longer putting double team on Howard and it's paying off. Apart from Howard there's not much offense for Orlando. Hawks have been scoring well and one man in particular. Crawford is having fantastic series and with Orlando being all over the place I can't see them getting an easy win today. They might lose altogether. +8 pts on Hawks looks great offer on paper.

Re: NBA Playoffs - First Round 2011 Game 5 - Atlanta Hawks at Orlando Magic - Dwight Howard Over 26.5 points @ 1.87 (Stan James) Last bet. ;) I know I bet on this in the last game but I feel even more confident in it today as I did then. Orlando return home and again they will be desperate to get a result after going 3-1 down in the series. Howard has averaged 32.3 ppg (points per game) this post season and has totaled 79 points in the two home games of the series so far, which is an average of 39.5 ppg. Again at home he is bound to be pushed on by his home fans but what is noticeably in comparison from the road games to the home games is the number of free throws. He received 41 free throw attempts in his two home games, but only 25 on the road. Referees tend to favour home teams due to fan influence so I expect him to get more free throws and therefore more points and easily over 26.5.

Re: NBA Playoffs - First Round 2011 Magic - Hawks Over 178 @ 1.95 (Pinnacle) In game 4 i had under at this same margin but this time i will go for over. Not only following the rule of big numbers, but also because i expect a bit more energetic approach in offense from Van Gundy's boys. They will have J-Rich back, what is a very big thing for them cause they were missing points from the perimeter leaving Howard alone in the paint. Also, Atlanta is showing a good shooting form. I expected bookies to increase the line for tonight's game but they didn't so will take this bet without much thinking. I also think that Atlanta will hardly win this game, i'd even say that Magic can cover the 7 points handicap. Good luck.

Re: NBA Playoffs - First Round 2011 I got shafted last night. Only quick explanations today: Game 5 - Philadelphia 76ers at Miami Heat - Heat (-10.5) @ 1.95 (Victor Chandler) Heat are clearly much stronger and I can see Miami putting on a performance in front of their own fans much like the Bulls and the Lakers did the previous night. It is a huge handicap but I would think the Heat would like to make a statement and even in the regular season they were great at beating average teams by double digits. 76ers are not strong enough to withstand them.

Re: NBA Playoffs - First Round 2011 Game 5 - Memphis Grizzlies at San Antonio Spurs - Grizz (+6.5) @ 1.95 (Victor Chandler) @ 1.95 (Victor Chandler) I was on the underdog who was up 3-1 in the series last night with the Hawks, but they got thrashed. The difference here is the Grizzlies match up brilliantly to the Spurs and are more than capable of beating them. The Hawks are an average side. Hoping Memphis keeps it close here.

Re: NBA Playoffs - First Round 2011 Really gone down hill lately. Just one tonight. Game 6 - Orlando Magic at Atlanta Hawks - Magic (-2) @ 1.95 (Victor Chandler) Orlando thrashed the Hawks in their last game and their 3 point shooters finally delivered. They will be hoping for more of the same, and with their players usually being quite streaky, it very well could carry on. The Magic are a better team on the whole and are more than capable of winning, and will need to if they want to stay in the playoffs. Atlanta did have Orlando beat in most of the games they've had this regular season and post season, but with the Magic beating Atlanta so comprehensively in the last game, they will carry a lot of confidence going into this one and will hopefully win it.

Re: NBA Playoffs - First Round 2011 Game 6 - Orlando Magic at Atlanta Hawks - Under 45.5 points 1st Quarter @ 1.83 (Paddy Power) I know I said I was only betting, one but couldn't resist this. Most of the games between these two have gone under this total in the first quarter and then a much bigger total in the second. Just following the trend, no doubt it will fly over this week.

Re: NBA Playoffs - First Round 2011 Magic to win @ Hawks. 1.83 @ Pinnacle Atlanta had a shocker in last match. Nobody really was up to the task, everybody so lazy and the game in Orlando was over after the first quarter. That bad Hawks were. Without any doubts this win will be massive confidence boost for Orlando who for me now are in a really good position of turning this around despite being 2-3 down in the series and playing 6th match away from home. Atlanta was not ready in the previous match and were punished. Orlando only needed that and now they will feel like there's a chance after all. They beat Hawks by massive 25 points and all that was possible even with Howard scoring just eight. Magic finally found offense other than that of Howard and Atlanta should be really worried now. Backing Magic to win today. Hornets v Lakers. Over 181 points. 1.74 @ Bet365 This line is mostly based on the last match that took place in New Orleans. It finished exactly with 181 points but it should have been more as Lakers were to blame for shortcomings. They got only 88 points which of course is not normal. Today I think the normal service will be resumed and we can expect another overish match. The thing about this match-up is that more often than not the higher scoring matches between these teams are on Hornets court because New Orleans can score more at home than they normally get @ Staples. Only one match in this series has been under this line and that was the 2nd meeting in which Lakers needed to prove something after their humiliating loss in the opening match. Other than that it has been high scoring with 3 overs and one tie.

Re: NBA Playoffs - First Round 2011 NBA 2011.04.28 Playoffs Picks: Orlando -2 -110 (1.91) Bookmaker, The Greek (-5) Orlando @ Atlanta Over 179 -110 (1.91) Bookmaker, The Greek (o186) LA Lakers -5.5 -110 (1.91) Bookmaker, The Greek (-10) Portland -3.5 -110 (1.91) Bookmaker (-7) Dallas @ Portland Over 182.5 -110 (1.91) Bookmaker, The Greek (o189) Good Luck!

Re: NBA Playoffs - First Round 2011 1/2 for yesterday. Orlando weren't as impressive as expected. Game 6 - San Antonio Spurs at Memphis Grizzlies - Grizz (-2.5) @ 1.87 (Betfred) Simply put the Grizzlies, although the 8th seed, are better than the Spurs, they match up well and can beat them. They are unbeaten at home this regular season and post season and will be desperate to end the series here in front of fans instead of having to go on the road for Game 7. Memphis can do it, and with Spurs struggling against them in the whole series, and only just getting the win in the last game in OT I can't see them suddenly pulling off a great performance. Go Grizzlies!