** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

NBA Playoffs - First Round 2011

The first games of the first round are under way with the Bulls only just managing to beat the Pacers with a cracking last few minutes. I got on the under which unfortunately went way over, but placed a bet on the Bulls in play to win @ 1.76 which won. Now placed a bet on Under 192.5 Miami Heat - Philadelphia 76ers @ 1.83 (in-play again, missed the beginning of the game) due to the nature of playoff games and thinking this was capable of going under, but the game hasn't started well. The Heat went under in 4 of their last 5 and I think are capable of defending well against the 76ers here, but I'm not sure they can beat the massive handicap. Now bets I'm in time for below...

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: NBA Playoffs - First Round 2011 Game 1 - Atlanta Hawks at Orlando Magic - Under 181 points @ 1.943 (Pinnacle) The Hawks and the Magic have played out 4 games this season which all have gone quite considerably under, with the three most recent games finishing on 167, 172, and 154, well below this total. With this also being a playoffs game I expect much of the same, and both teams have a strong defense capable of handling the oppositions offense. Both teams finished under in their last 2 games, and both teams don't have an extremely strong offense. There is also a trend with playoff games going under, and with these two teams being strong defensive teams I expect nothing more than 180 points.

Re: NBA Playoffs - First Round 2011 NBA 2011.04.16 Playoffs Picks: Orlando -8.5 -110 (1.91) Bookmaker, The Greek (-13) Portland @ Dallas Over 186 -110 (1.91) The Greek (o191) Have a nice weekend! Good Luck!!!! NBA 2011.04.17 Playoffs Picks: San Antonio -6 -110 (1.91) Bookmaker, The Greek (-9) LA Lakers -10 -110 (1.91) Bookmaker, The Greek (-15) Good Luck!

Re: NBA Playoffs - First Round 2011 Not going to bet on OKC vs Nuggets as I have OKC to win the western conference at 9/1 although it will be close. I have a treble already as follows waiting on Spurs: Indiana Pacers @ Chicago Bulls – Match Betting Live (bet when down by 6 in 4th q) - Chicago Bulls @ 2/1 WON Portland Trail Blazers @ Dallas Mavericks -Money Line - Dallas Mavericks @ 5/11 WON Memphis Grizzlies @ San Antonio Spurs – Money Line - San Antonio Spurs @ 10/27 I'm gonna decide later today whether to put money on New York Knicks to win tonight @ 23/10. All odds on WilliamHill

Re: NBA Playoffs - First Round 2011

I'm gonna decide later today whether to put money on New York Knicks to win tonight @ 23/10. All odds on WilliamHill
I strongly advise you not to. Boston are notorious for a poor run in to the playoffs and instantly turning it on for the important games. New York will be out quickly I reckon.

Re: NBA Playoffs - First Round 2011 Boston -6 @sportingbet.com 10/10 @ $1.91 First playoff game which will be a short series for boston. The end of the regular season when boston tailed sharply was no surprise, as the vets slacken of (just like last year in order to preserve a deep playoff run) This game is full of complete mismatches, rondo will now be playing 42-45 minutes a game, it is only when he is of the court boston struggle offensively, we all saw last playoffs his talents against slow pgs (mo williams) billups will get torn apart and offensively will also be ineffectual with rajon 1st team defensive. Melo, amare are both LIABILITIES on d, and both slow rotating on most possessions hence the ppg against the 24th ranked team against the 3, Ray allen and PP will have fun. Shaq wont be playing but it isnt like the knicks have any inside presence anyway, so he wont be needed, this is bostons last gasp, watchout for their lockdown d, should be able to breeze through this one by double digits.

Re: NBA Playoffs - First Round 2011 Celtics v Knicks. Over 196 pts. 1.80 @ Bet365 We've already seen a lot of overish matches in these play offs and even in matches between two very good defensive teams. This match looks like overs pretty clearly to me. Boston should win because only they (of these two) can play defense, but Knicks will cause them a lot of problems and I reckon this match will go beyond 200 pts.

Re: NBA Playoffs - First Round 2011 Boston (-6) vs New York 1.91@triobet! 6/10!! Such a big surprises in the 2011 NBA playoffs, Memphis today won vs tops seed team. Yesterday both Eastern top seeded teams had lots of problem playing they'r first games, i was thinking about to pick from thouse all top seeded teams to crush them opponents by that margin for ex. Bulls (-11), Spurs (-9), Miami (-9), Orlando (-9); but all teams fought till the end for the win, except SA who lost tonight. This thing just shows how equal NBA has become for the past 10 years, now the 8 seeded team fighting all the way and playing the right basketball at the time. "Extreme Makeover" I will pick it up tonight Boston. In my oppinion NY were better team before that "extreme makeover", Melo just finding himself there in NY, and i think it was more media transfer than the coaches and management arguably agreement. They made a lot's of money for sure, but the main reason they will pay for ... it's time ... ; they were about in 4th position and had a good chances to climb to the 3rd, but happened strange switches to me. One team just must win by that margin i gues! Thats the thing that i will probably will go without a fear. The first thing that goes to my head. Neither of the top seeded NBA teams have played succesfully in they first games in this 2011 playoffs, but just one team should play like that, and fingers crossed that it'll be Boston :) Bostons huge potencial to come up in big games. I remmember they played Chicago for the potencial 1st place in Eastern a few weeks ago, they had a small chance to climb up and catch that CHI, MIA combo, but ... Despite theese facts i think that Boston have a huge potencial to come up in theese big games, why it's a big game? well... 82 games played, and now the story is a different, and i just think that -6 margin isn't that big enough for a home team to beat a strange NY side! :ok

Re: NBA Playoffs - First Round 2011 Hey all, I just noticed tonight that the guest teams in all 4 games would win on a handicap. My English is a bit broken but you understand what I am saying. Of course the 4th game- OKC vs. Denver- hasn't finished yet. At time of this post Nuggets lead by a single point at half time. So what do you all recon? Should we try the outsiders on HC tomorrow?

Re: NBA Playoffs - First Round 2011

Hey all, I just noticed tonight that the guest teams in all 4 games would win on a handicap. My English is a bit broken but you understand what I am saying. Of course the 4th game- OKC vs. Denver- hasn't finished yet. At time of this post Nuggets lead by a single point at half time. So what do you all recon? Should we try the outsiders on HC tomorrow?
Forgot to add- None of the home teams beat the handicap since the play-offs started two days ago.

Re: NBA Playoffs - First Round 2011 Dallas beat their handicap. It's hard to judge whether to stick to outsiders. I lost big on the favourites yesterday unfortunately but have a bet for today. Indiana Pacers at Chicago Bulls - Pacers (+7) 1st Half Handicap @ 1.87 (Betfred) The Pacers played extremely well and arguably deserved a win against the Bulls in the first game, but Chicago, aided by MVP candidate Derrick Rose closed the game with a stunning comeback and a 1-0 lead in the series. However, Indiana will take a lot of heart of their ability to stick with the Bulls. Chicago are very good at closing games and have come back from behind 11 times this season to win, which is why I'm going for the first half handicap. I think Chicago may want to make a statement with this and blowout Indiana, but I'm not sure they will manage that in the first half. Indiana will want to try and stay in this game as long as possible, and if they play as excellently as the first half of the last match they should stay within 7 no problem.

Re: NBA Playoffs - First Round 2011 good luck rick it has been a very unusual year of Nba and this playoff series has been nothing different, atlantas horrid offense beating orlando, pacers nearly upsetting the bulls, and la and spurs both losing, honestly cant recall last time la lost 1game of a series at home,:\

Re: NBA Playoffs - First Round 2011 Game 2 - Philadelphia 76ers at Miami Heat- Thaddeus Young Over 12.5 points @ 1.83 (Bet 365) Thaddeus Young had a great first game in this playoff series netting 20 points for the 76ers in a season high against the Heat. In each of his games versus the Heat, he has played longer minutes off the bench and has shown good form, netting 15 points in two of those games and 11 in the other. Although through the regular season he only averaged 12.7 ppg in his last 10 games he has averaged a much better 15.8 ppg and with his FG % for April being at 54.5% he is a dangerous player. It is clear his team, and coach have faith in him too, with him having the most FG attempts in the first game with 20 attempts 6 more than any other Philadelphia players. It is clear to be that the coach has a lot of faith in Young to score against the Heat, and I reckon this total is low, and definitely beatable.

Re: NBA Playoffs - First Round 2011 Game 2 - Atlanta Hawks at Orlando Magic - Hawks (+8.5) @ 1.971 (Pinnacle) The first game resulted in a massive win for the Hawks by ten points against the Magic, yet the handicap has stayed the same. That was Atlanta's 4th win on the trot against the Magic (two of which were on the road) and made them 5-0 ATS in their last five games. To me, this suggests that the Hawks know how to defend against the Magic, and can stop the 3 pointers, and even slow down the production of Dwight Howard, even if he did have a huge game in Game 1. Plus with both teams very good defensively, it will be harder for one team to take a big lead. The underdogs have done well in the playoffs so far, and I think Orlando aren't the team they were in previous years, and although they might pull out a win tonight, I can't see it being double digits so I think this bet represents fair value and I will take the Hawks.

Re: NBA Playoffs - First Round 2011 Game 2 - New York Knicks at Boston Celtics - Kevin Garnett Over 9.5 rebounds @ 1.641 (Pinnacle) The odds aren't great on this but this is a very good bet. KG has averaged 8.9 rebounds per game through the regular season but he managed a very good 13 against the Knicks in the first game as well as 10, 13 and 11 the other 3 times he has faced the Knicks in the regular season. One of the big reasons for this is how much Boston dominate rebounds, they were 44-34 in rebounding in the first playoff game and have out rebounded New York in all the regular season games. Boston will want to play better in this game and I'm hoping Garnett will be up for this game and will reach double figures in rebounds.

Re: NBA Playoffs - First Round 2011 Hawks +11 @ Magic. 1.74 @ 5Dimes The same spread was for the first game, had 9.5 on Hawks and was not disappointed. Atlanta has found the ways to deal with Magic this season, they beat them 3-1 in regular season and opened the play-offs with a 103-93 win @ Amway Center. Dwight Howard had a monster night with 46 points but that still was not enough coz they lacked the help from other starters. Atlanta looks more of a team at the moment and I can not agree that Magic should be rated this big having just lost by 10 points.

Re: NBA Playoffs - First Round 2011 Cs vs Knicks U192.5 10/10 Remeber last years playoffs boston games were all going under, and same trend to start of, the reason is boston play LOCKDOWN defense as soon as the postseason comes around, with the probability mr bigshot wont play this only helps the chances of a lower score, cant for the life of me see the knicks scoring over 90 against this terrific defensive unit, doc will be pissed after last game, and for the cs DEFENSE CREATES offense. Cant believe everyone here is taking atlanta line:loon watching them closely over the past few years it is safe to say they have nearly the worst offense in the nba, the amount of times i have seen them stagnate the offense and jj or J-smove or Jamal jacks up a shot with 3 seconds left on the clock is beyond a joke, the amount of bad shots they take game1 was unreal Hence last year closest game between these two was 20 something points with orlando owning.

Re: NBA Playoffs - First Round 2011 Game 2 - Atlanta Hawks - Orlando Magic - Under 183.5 points @ 1.95 (Victor Chandler) I've lost out quite big on the Hawks line unfortunately but I still feel this is a good bet. I played the under in game one which failed spectacularly with a massive 2nd quarter in points, but when Magic lose unexpectedly, especially at home by 10 points, they will play defensively. We know the Hawks offense isn't the greatest, but we also know their defense is great. Howard had a good first game, but the Hawks did a good job of stopping everyone else, and here's hoping they can do it again. If both teams defend to their absolute maximum, it should stay under. Although Orlando will try harder this game, I still feel Atlanta have enough motivation to keep this close and under.

Re: NBA Playoffs - First Round 2011 Game 2 - Memphis Grizzlies at San Antonio Spurs - Grizz (+8.5) @ 1.95 (Victor Chandler) Memphis impressively beat the Spurs in Game 1 for the franchise's first playoff victory and were very impressive. Spurs of course will want to win this badly, and not be in a 2-0 hole after two home games, and will be boosted by the return of Ginobili. However, I don't think it will make a difference. These two teams have met five times this year, with the San Antonio winning twice and Memphis the rest, however the Grizzlies are 5-0 ATS and there are not many teams who can boast that record against the Spurs. Ginobili did play in the other four games too, so I get the feeling that Memphis matches up well to San Antonio and it won't be easy for the Spurs to win this series. To sum up, I think the handicap is too large for the Spurs to achieve, even if they win, and the underdogs have done well so far in these playoffs. So take I'm taking Memphis on the handicap.

Re: NBA Playoffs - First Round 2011 Game 2 - Denver Nuggets at Oklahoma City Thunder - Nuggets (+3) 1H @ 1.90 (unibet) Game 1 was extremely close between these two and there are big similarities between them. Both very good offensively with the main difference being the Thunder can rely on Durant, and Westbrook, two key players, whereas Nuggets are more of a team. Denver can count themselves unlucky not to win the first game, and I'm hoping they'll come out strong in the first half here, like they did in the first quarter of the first game, and they actually went into half time 1 point up. I like the Nuggets to keep it close but I have my doubts about them staying within 4-5 points at the end of the match, and this is mainly due to not having one superstar to rely on and look to, like OKC have Durant and Denver did have Carmelo Anthony. They might pull off the result but I feel the first half handicap is safer and I think this can come off.

Re: NBA Playoffs - First Round 2011 Game 2 - New Orleans Hornets at LA Lakers - Pau Gasol Over 30.5 Points+Rebounds+Assists @ 1.83 (Ladbrokes) Okay, so Gasol had a bit of a shocker in game one and only managed 8 points, 6 rebounds and 6 assists, so 20 in total, but the loss in game one against the Hornets has only highlighted Gasol's poor production, so I'm expecting a Pau Gasol that wants to perform well tonight and he is in good stead to do so. First Aaron Gray, who had a very good first game playing C, should be out injured, which should take one of New Orleans big men away. Secondly, last postseason, Gasol averaged 19.6 points, 3.5 assists, and 11 rebounds which is clear of this total, so we should expect a much better game. Also, in the two home games against New Orleans in the regular season Gasol accrued a total of 41 and 40 which shows the potential he has got to reach 31.

Re: NBA Playoffs - First Round 2011 Grizzlies +9 @ Spurs. 1.80 @ 5Dimes With or without Manu Ginobili, I still expect Spurs to have another mighty struggle against Memphis. They might win this time but can't see them beating Grizzlies by double digits, really can't. They haven't done that this season and Grizzlies have got enough fire power to cause another upset. Think the handicap should work and not gonna touch the Grizzlies win at huge and overrated odds. So +9 on Memphis it is. Thunder -4 AH vs Nuggets. 1.85 @ 5Dimes Thunder too good for Denver. Nuggets might get a win at home but can't see them winning today. Durant and Westbrook scored 72 of OKC's 110 points in the first match. That's how good they are and they won't stop, that's for sure. I'd be surprised if Thunder did not win today and having handicap which is not that big indeed. Was the same outcome in the first match and I think Thunder will have a more convincing win this time around. Lakers v Hornets. Over 186 points. 1.81 @ 5Dimes It was Chris Paul show in the first match. I think Lakers will be definitely up for this one and Hornets will be in for a tough one. It could be big crushing. Can't see Paul and Hornets as a team having another performance where they had so many lucky shots dropping in. Lakers bigs were not performing and Gasol in particular. He has been eating up this Hornets team this season but was poor in the first match. In either scenario this match has the looks of overs. Even if Lakers start defending I'm confident this line will go overs, because Lakers can score enough pts themselves. It has been over this line in this series for 11 straight matches.