UEFA Europa League > Thursday 28 April

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 28 April

the odds for benfica and porto seems a little bit low. Important to consider that braga and villareal could without any problem take an edge in this first leg.:eek
Braga without any problem?Are you having a laugh?braga shouldn't be here anyway.very lucky to pass Dynamo and their game style is so boring.Benfica will cover handicap here.Porto should win easy as well. Taking home double :ok

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 28 April FC Porto Team Goals Over 1.5 @1.72 (b365) Odds have dropped on b365, but this bet still has a decent price, and Porto rarely score less than two goals at home (happened five times for the whole season, all competitions). Villarreal doesn't have the best defense in the world, but they have talent upfront, and I could see this ending 2-1. As usual, Europa League is now the only objective for Porto, they have some word-class players and you can count on them to give 100% for this game. Medium stakes.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 28 April Benfica are out of form and short on confidence and they look a mug's bet on Thursday at these prices. They scraped a win against Paços for the League Cup on Saturday, but of course they suffered a huge upset on Wednesday going down to Porto 1-3 at home to see a 2-0 1st leg lead slip through their fingers. I may even agree with Mahno that Braga were a bit lucky in Kiev, but it's a big mistake to underestimate these guys, the silver lining is that over 2 legs they've beaten every team they've been up against and this includes Sevilla, Liverpool or Dynamo. For the Portuguese league Braga beat Benfica at home and lost in Lisbon earlier this season. Team injuries for Benfica will be crucial here, but I see no more than a tight win for Benfica and a very probable Under match. I do agree that the odds are fair for Porto, they may be short on paper but they've been going from strength to strength and Villareal do not look the strongest away side.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 28 April benfica vs braga : i am portuguese, i follow the liga all the year and a thing is sure braga isn't as much a big surprise that what it has been saying these last weeks. domingos paciencia, the coach has the strenght and the talent to manage a top level team in europe. Most of the players are under estimating but who knows, perhaps they are so far thanks to this under estimation. Both teams will not be stranger each other, but what i have in mind is that braga are favorite for this semi final, lately benfica showed their defensive weakness against porto and pacos ferreira, they lost their confidence, i read the portuguese newspapers and jorge jesus cannot hide this fact. Besides gaitan and martins are doubtful, peixoto almost out, salvio out for the rest of the season. Cardozo is the shadow of himself, saviola is unrecognizable, i expect too much difficulties for benfica which is not the same team as 1 month ago. Braga for its part is ready, they didnt play this week end, only paulo cesar suspended will miss the game.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 28 April Porto v Villareal I strongly and simply believe that V.Real wont leave the field without scoring. Simply playing a defensive minded football or ebing controlled is not in their blood... Have a look at the recent games for each team ; Benfica - Porto 1-3 (Portugal Cup) FC Porto - Sporting Lisbon 3-2 (Portugal League) Spartak Moscow - FC Porto 2-5 (Europa League) Portimonense - FC Porto 2-3 (Portugal League) FC Porto - Spartak Moscow 5-1 (Europa League) Benfica - FC Porto 1-2 (Portugal League) FC Porto - Academica 3-1 (Portugal League) FC Porto - CSKA Moscow 2-1 (Europa League) Sevilla - Villareal 3-2 (Primera Division) Villareal - Zaragoza 1-0 (Primera Division) Twente - Villareal 1-3 (Europa League) Valencia - Villareal 5-0 (Primera Division) Villareal - Twente 5-1 (Primera Division) So, even though I feel confident that Porto will win the E.league at the end, V.Real wont give it up easily and the price offred for this bet is a good one for me... Over 2.5 Goals @1.885 Pinnacle 7/10 Along with my bet for this game, I also took another one ; They are among the best teams in Europe this season Barcelona, R.Madrid and M.United... Not only the names but also the team has a great potential and it seems that they are a pretty well united team... The thing is, if Porto's rival was Villareal in the final, I could be much more cautious but I belive that its a strong advantage that they face Villaeal in semi-finals.. I feel that there is a physcological difference in favor of porto among these 2 options... I wont take your time ofcourse but the offered price speaks for it self and I believe its a must take ! Porto to win the Europa League 2010/11 @2.50 Boylesports 7/10 Good Luck :)

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 28 April Going to take over 2.5 goals in the porto villareal game 8/11 with paddy power all of villareals games in the knocout phase have went over 2.5 goals they've proved away from home they wont sit back and play for a draw , most of portos home games have been over 2.5 in the knockout phase aswell 2 attacking teams here porto will want the win at home and villareal will want an away goal and play for the win so everything suits the over 2.5 market :hope

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 28 April Benfica-Braga = 1 (1.55) / Under (1.75) Totosì Benfica position 2° points 58 Braga position 3° points 44 Preview: Benfica: injured: Nuno Gomes (striker 5 / 4), Ruben Amorim (midfielder 12 / 0), Eduardo Salvio (midfielder 19 / 4), Cesar Peixoto (defender 14 / 0); include: Carlos Martins (midfielder 22 / 3), Nico Gaitan (midfielder 23 / 7). Braga: Suspended: Paulo Cesar (striker 19 / 5); injured: Quim (goalkeeper 0), Vinicius (midfielder 3 / 0) Jorge Jesus's men have very experienced players among its ranks: Cardozo, Paraguay, the Argentine Saviola Gaitán and over the rocky Brazilian defender Luisão. Benfica failed to win the League Cup and has impressed a lot in Europe with great performances against Stuttgart, Paris Saint-Germain and PSV Eindhoven. Benfica Braga beat twice this season. Sporting Braga, however, is one of the revelations of the tournament. The coach Domingos Paciência has built a good team defensive solidity that makes the strong point. It is also a team that has a good game. The most prolific players of this team are certainly Paulo César, Lima, Alan, Hugo Viana, Hélder Barbosa and Marcio Mossoró. So the absence of Paulo Cesar will weigh on the game. Two curiosities of this game are that: Braga in this edition of the Champions League the last 6 games are all finished under. The match between the two teams highlights that over 9 meetings were 9 under. :hope:hope:hope

benfica vs braga : i am portuguese, i follow the liga all the year and a thing is sure braga isn't as much a big surprise that what it has been saying these last weeks. domingos paciencia, the coach has the strenght and the talent to manage a top level team in europe. Most of the players are under estimating but who knows, perhaps they are so far thanks to this under estimation. Both teams will not be stranger each other, but what i have in mind is that braga are favorite for this semi final, lately benfica showed their defensive weakness against porto and pacos ferreira, they lost their confidence, i read the portuguese newspapers and jorge jesus cannot hide this fact. Besides gaitan and martins are doubtful, peixoto almost out, salvio out for the rest of the season. Cardozo is the shadow of himself, saviola is unrecognizable, i expect too much difficulties for benfica which is not the same team as 1 month ago. Braga for its part is ready, they didnt play this week end, only paulo cesar suspended will miss the game.
Well if Braga are going to show decent performance , then this game might end in under 2.5(something laike with Dynamo Kiev), what do you think about this? :)

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 28 April 1st Leg - Benfica vs. Braga - Under 2.5 goals @ 1.75 (Victor Chandler) Benfica are not quite the force they were last season but have still made it to the semi final of the Europa League which they would consider very winnable. Braga will look to defend much like they did at Dynamo Kiev (ending 0-0) and Liverpool (0-0) and even Lech Poznan (1-0). Benfica are the better side but will struggle to break them down, and even in the Portuguese League the last three have ended under. I would be very surprised if this ends over.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 28 April 1st Leg - Porto vs. Villareal - Over 2.5 goals @ 1.83 (Stan James) This game features two offensive sides that will not hold back when it comes to games. Villareal's Europa League away legs have resulted in big results against Twente (1-3), Leverkusen (2-3) and also Porto have been involved in many big scoring games at home, for example Spartak Moscow (5-1), and CSKA Moscow (2-1). Porto are the better team I think, and this bodes well because they will want to score here and take a win into the second leg. I think both sides will score and this will result in at least 3 goals.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 28 April Benfica - Braga under 2.5 @ 1.78 pinnacle These two sides know each other pretty well as they both play in the Portuguese Leauge, and their meetings tend to be tight encounters and low scoring. They have gone under in their last 8 league meetings at Benfica, with Braga scoring just one goal in these 8 games played there, while Benfica themselves have score 2 goals or more in just one of these 8 meetings at home. Braga have used a very solid defence to get them this far, with just 2 goals allowed in the 6 games they have played in the Europa League this season, as each of these have gone under. They will look to once again to stifle the Benfica attack, who have seen most of their games in the EL have goals in them. However their form in the last couple of months has been inconsistent, and expect them not to be too open in their game to ensure that there is no away goal scored by Braga. Doubt that there will be many goals in it, and like to be another low scoring game between these two sides in Benfica, just like the previous 8 meetings there Porto - Villareal over 2.5 @ 21.83 pinnacle Porto's last 8 games in all competitions have been high scoring games, where they have scored and conceded in each one of them, and each have gone over. They have gone over in 8 of their 12 EL games they have played this season, including 4 of the 6 games at home, where they have scored at least two goals in these 4 home games. Villarreal too like to attack, and they too tend to see goals in their games as they have gone over in 8 of their 12 games played in the EL. They have won their last 2 road games in the EL, scoring 3 goals in each of them as they beat Twente 3-1 and Bayer Leverkusen 3-2, and doubt that they will sit back here as that is not how they play. With both sides looking to go forward, expect them to create opportunities to score and send this one over.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 28 April UEFA Competitions 2010-2011 25-22-4 +0.40 units (53.19%) Sporting Braga +1 (-118) to win 1 unit @ 5dimes Taking a shot with the under dog here. The underdog is always a solid bet in the Europa League IMO. Even though they've just barely got by, they have gotten by some pretty good teams to get where they are.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 28 April Porto V Villarreal: Both teams to score @ 4/5 with Bet365 Villarreal have scored an average of 2 goals in each of their last 4 away games in the Europa League. Porto have have scored an average of 2.5 goals in each of their last 4 home games in the Europa League. Porto have conceded in 6 out of the 7 home games that they've played so far in this season's Europa League, while Villarreal have also conceded in 6 out of the 7 games that they've played away from home in this season's competition. Both teams have outstanding players in attacking positions with Rossi and Nilmar providing the threat for Villarreal, while Porto have Falcao and Hulk leading the line.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 28 April Porto/Villarreal-Under 2.5 goals Plenty of people expecting overs for this game, I think Porto will win but both teams will be cautious. With Villarreal playing away 1st, they will look for an away goal but will play plenty of men behind the ball. They know if they go out and attack the game could be over in the 1st leg. Porto can play anyway and still get a result but they'd be happy not to concede and to win by the odd goal. I think this game will end 1/2 nil to Porto. It's the semi-final remember, 1 step away from the final. I doubt any team at this stage would want to go and concede for fun. Villarreal can be very frustrating to watch when they play defensively. At 11/10 bet365 the unders is a great price

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 28 April As always in games such this one is,one of the side,and in this case it's Villarreal,tries to pronounce other side as a favourite. So Porto will have, at least I think so, a little pressure of must win in this game, and the only question is how will they handle with that pressure.Spanish squad will certainly tries to use that, and as it's sad above their defence is rather weak so they must score to keep a good chance of playing finals. So far the best scorer in this comptition for Villarreal is Rosi so my bet for tonight is Rosi anytime goal scorer @2.75 bet 365

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 28 April Porto v Villarreal. Over 2.5 goals. 1.80 @ Ladbrokes Looks very much like overish match at Estadio do Dragao. Both these teams play attacking football and can score with ease. Porto have got Falcao who has scored 11 goals in this season's competition and is the leading scorer. Villarreal have Rossi with 10 goals and Nilmar will be back for Villarreal after the suspension. Have to fancy Porto in this one as they are in great form with 12 wins in a row but odds are not appealing. 2-1 or 3-1 for the home side would be my pick. Either way it's over 2.5 goals.

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 28 April Benfica no its imperative that they don't conceded an away goal, they will be looking to take a 1st leg lead ahead of 2nd leg knowing they could face a tricky task away at Braga Benfica have been pretty resolute at home in the Europa league, an Braga have been goal shy in there away games, failing to score at Lech Poznan, Elfsborg, Liverpool an were lucky with the own goal at Dynamo Kiev. Benfica to win to nil @ 6/4 Ladbrokes

Re: UEFA Europa League > Thursday 28 April Porto v Villarreal Goal Line over 2.5 1.875 (bet365) 5/10 Goal Line over 3 2.375 (bet365) 5/10 Both Teams to Score 1.9 (boylesports) 5/10 Seem to have ended up staking quite a lot on this game, but I do fancy there being at least 3 goals, as about 100 people have already said on the thread! Have watched Porto a lot this season and they are superb at home, would be surprised if they scored less than 2, Hulk is still in superb form as he has been all season and Falcao has come back well from injury, the midfield weighs in too. I can't see Villarreal sitting back it would be suicide to rely on keeping out Porto and I think an away goal is absolutely crucial if they are to stand any chance in the tie, Porto are rightly favorites to go through and it would be a shock to see anything other than a home win but with the odds as they are I don't see much value on them. As others have noted I think the odds on a few goals are a bit high and I'm happy to take them now as I don't see them rising much more before ko. Not as much of a comprehensive write-up as I normally try to give but I think most of us are in agreement with this one and most of the useful points have already been covered. GL all.

Porto v Villareal I strongly and simply believe that V.Real wont leave the field without scoring. Simply playing a defensive minded football or ebing controlled is not in their blood... Have a look at the recent games for each team ; Benfica - Porto 1-3 (Portugal Cup) FC Porto - Sporting Lisbon 3-2 (Portugal League) Spartak Moscow - FC Porto 2-5 (Europa League) Portimonense - FC Porto 2-3 (Portugal League) FC Porto - Spartak Moscow 5-1 (Europa League) Benfica - FC Porto 1-2 (Portugal League) FC Porto - Academica 3-1 (Portugal League) FC Porto - CSKA Moscow 2-1 (Europa League) Sevilla - Villareal 3-2 (Primera Division) Villareal - Zaragoza 1-0 (Primera Division) Twente - Villareal 1-3 (Europa League) Valencia - Villareal 5-0 (Primera Division) Villareal - Twente 5-1 (Primera Division) So, even though I feel confident that Porto will win the E.league at the end, V.Real wont give it up easily and the price offred for this bet is a good one for me... Over 2.5 Goals @1.885 Pinnacle 7/10 Along with my bet for this game, I also took another one ; They are among the best teams in Europe this season Barcelona, R.Madrid and M.United... Not only the names but also the team has a great potential and it seems that they are a pretty well united team... The thing is, if Porto's rival was Villareal in the final, I could be much more cautious but I belive that its a strong advantage that they face Villaeal in semi-finals.. I feel that there is a physcological difference in favor of porto among these 2 options... I wont take your time ofcourse but the offered price speaks for it self and I believe its a must take ! Porto to win the Europa League 2010/11 @2.50 Boylesports 7/10 Good Luck :)
FT, 5-1 !!! Over bet won nicely, even though the first half gave me a bit stress untill Villareal scored... I believe my second bet as Porto the winner of Europa League @2.50 also has more meaning after today... By a chance I also took very small stakes HT-FT 2/1 and got a price @21.00 for that one... So, pretty nice Thursday... See you in Turkish Super League thread... Have a great Friday :)

FC Porto Team Goals Over 1.5 @1.72 (b365) Odds have dropped on b365, but this bet still has a decent price, and Porto rarely score less than two goals at home (happened five times for the whole season, all competitions). Villarreal doesn't have the best defense in the world, but they have talent upfront, and I could see this ending 2-1. As usual, Europa League is now the only objective for Porto, they have some word-class players and you can count on them to give 100% for this game. Medium stakes.
5-1 :beer

Going to take over 2.5 goals in the porto villareal game 8/11 with paddy power all of villareals games in the knocout phase have went over 2.5 goals they've proved away from home they wont sit back and play for a draw , most of portos home games have been over 2.5 in the knockout phase aswell 2 attacking teams here porto will want the win at home and villareal will want an away goal and play for the win so everything suits the over 2.5 market :hope
rather comfortable in the end :nana